DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not voting for Peace because his character was cleared by Turin. I'm currently voting for you because I find your play scummy, and you are the only one next to Peace that I'm still suspicious about. Chances are that you are the third party member that we are looking for, and the only way to clear you is to lynch you. If you flip town then it must be Peace and Lupin is some sort of Survivor. I have a town read on the rest of the players, and their roles also make sense to me and not to mention that we can actually test them as opposed to yours and Peace's. 

A few things. 1- Doesn't stop to consider clearing me via Turin - just wants to instalynch. 2- Has had town reads mostly on me. 3- Very certain of the 3rd party factor... 4- Again the only way to clear me is not to lynch me 5- Survivor - Do you actually mean Roled survivor? Because if that is the case then we have a mafia left as well - is that what you think? Survivor wins by remaining alive after the dust settles - ie a Town/Mafia victory. Are you trying to steer away from us leaving our options open? Tunnel in on this survivor thing? *shakes head no* 

Also, your first post when you subbed in reminded me of the self vote you did at the start of the Pokemon game, and there you were also third party :tongue:

Softening the blow. 

If you are looking for 3rd parties, look at the characters. 

All I'm going to say. Have a look at the pattern.

Meh I don't have much time this weekend because I have a deadline on monday to hand in my last couple of assignments and write an exam that I didn't manage to finish earlier this year, so I'm kinda feeling lazy about this game. I do like my current reads on you and Peace, but right now I just won't be having the time to do another reread and look for patterns, and case everyone etc. 

im thinking cloud is town vut i do have a small bit of doubt about him. His upgrade is even weirder then ures Peace

I think it's a logic fail for you to think that when someone upgrades a character they automatically get a more populair one. It seems that a character and it's role are meant to go together, but it doesn't mean that a more populair character is automatically more powerful.

Alright I'm confused. Are we lynching Berf? Am I suppose to save him? I don't feel comfortable saving someone I'm not sure about. If it was someone that we all could pretty much agree on to be town that is fine but I'm not sure about Berf and I see that others feel the same way.

I'm pretty sure that we are lynching Berf because we think that he is anti town, so no you shouldn't save him.

1st Bold - Don't have much time weekend but perfectly enough time to make a case on me. At a very critical time in the game. When the mod has declared a Sunday deadline well in advance.

Classic vote and run.

2nd Bold - Look at the response he gives Nic. That is certainly very stern. 

Also of note - The fact that Cloud busdrove me last night to PROTECT me... and now comes out with this with no real firm leads presented. Attack the easy target and bail. Peace has found Cloud sus and now Peace is finding Cloud equally sus, Cloud is backing down and moving on so as not to stick his neck out too far. And moving to the easy lynch.

I am pretty sure busdriver is an excellent 3rd party role also. 

/Unvote Vote Cloud

Official Vote Count

Berf - 3 (Turin, Cloud, RTE)

Cloud - 1 (Berf)

Not Voting - 4 (Hallia, Peace, Dice, Nicana)

With 8 alive it takes 5 to Lynch

Current End of Round Bonus = 400 Studs

Day 6 Deadline is 9pm BST Sunday 25th August - because of the weekend.

http://www.timeandda... deadline&csz=1

Check me out. All I'm saying. Rita can even watch me for polyjuice shenanigans. I'm town and I don't want to waste a lynch, and based on Cloud's overall and last day's play, I believe him to be our mystery bad guy.

And with that I have to go bed. I say that but no doubt I'll still be awake in 3 hours.

Official Vote Count

Berf - 3 (Turin, Cloud, RTE)

Cloud - 2 (Berf, Peace)

Not Voting - 3 (Hallia, Dice, Nicana)

Current End of Round Bonus = 500 Studs

I am on my way to work so I won't be around before deadline. Turin showed me I was mistaken about Cloud on N2 and that was the only thing I saw that made me vote for him. Berf I'm just not sure about but we need to lynch someone. If your town Berf, I apologize but it is getting close to deadline.

Vote Berf

I hope that works because I have trouble getting it to on my phone. If it doesn't I apologize. I have to go to work now.

Why did you swap me and you so many times? O.o

Short version: I thought that you were mafia and I was a viable NK option. I didn't want to intervene with a couple of other known PR's out there and so I swapped you and me :P N3 I was just a bit lazy and I did the same thing again. 

Cloud what happens to their actions when you swap them?

Any action performed on person A goes to person B, and vice versa. I couldn't be sure of this but I thought that if the presumably last anti town player tried to shoot Berf (because he was going to ask Mish who she targeted last Night which I thought was an important action) the shot would go to you instead and since you commuted nothing would have happened. I knew that the anti town player wouldn't target you because you mentioned that you would commute yourself so Berf would have been safe. I have no idea if this worked or not because there could as well be a Survivor left who doesn't have the ability to kill at night, or something else entirely happened that blocked the shot. I'm leaning towards the Survivor theory though. 

Why did you swap me and you so many times? O.o

Actually I don't believe he did.

I know this whole time I have felt that Cloud has been town. I believe I have been very wrong.

Let me explain

Nobody bothered to ask me my ability. I was very reluctant to tell due to my character because even though I am town, it doesn't look good. I can't believe I missed this about Cloud. Call it being an idiot or just a major newbie mistake. I apologize for not coming forward with this earlier. I have the ability to send out dementors. On N2 I sent dementors after Basel. I thought Basel was just keeping quiet about it and had a patronus. Later Wombat got lynched and I thought that he must have put the dementors after Darthe. What I believe happened instead is Cloud swapped Basel and Darthe and the dementors went after Darthe instead. 

I know the only way for this to be proven is by lynching me. 

Wait what? So you lied about being a Governor, and so even though you had a town read on me the previous Day you agreed on the idea on lynching me and then save me (which you apprently can't do)? That doesn't sound very pro-town to me, but I understand why you lied about your role though and you sharing this info now when only Dice is suspicious of you would be a very odd tactic if you were anti-town because it would put you in the spotlight for no reason at all and so I still think that you are town. Your logic is flawed though because if I were a mafia bus driver how would I have known that you had dementor access while my teammate Wombat had the same thing? It wouldn't seem like a pro-town ability if my mafia teammate could do the same thing so I would have dismissed the thought. Even if I for some reason thought that the town would also have access to dementors how would I have known that it was you and that you would have used it on Basel? If I believe you then Wombat was the second player who had dementor access so if you didn't kill him then the only logical explanation is that he did. Also you say that the only way for us to believe you is to lynch you, and then you place a vote on me... Anyway, did you only use your ability once Nica? Is it an x-shot or can you use it every night? If so, who did you target?

No I didn't lie about being a Governor. I am a Governor and I do have the ability to send out dementors.  It just dawned on me what happened when I sent them after Basel. The reason Basel didn't say anything is because he didn't know they were sent after him. Basel was in trouble at the time. Matter of fact he got lynched the next day. Why wouldn't you swap a townie with your mafia teammate? There was only one reason, to save him from an attack. No you didn't know it would be dementors but you figured there would be an attack on him that night.

I see that both Turin and Dice posted solid reasoning why your case on me doesn't hold true and I'm just going to highlight them below instead of repeating everything. I did find it interesting that you were so quick to jump on me being a mafia busdriver after you remembered that Basel managed to stay alive despite your attack on him. I remember that you were having a town read on me, and you thought that Peace was scummy before he got viewed by Turin, and now you seem to agree with his case from back then that I was just bussing Wombat. This being an experimental game there can be many reasons why Basel did not die, but it wasn't because I swapped him with someone. I'm town, and I'm still pretty confident that you are too. 

Nica, you are wrong about the possibility of Cloud swapping Basel and Darthe on N2. He must have switched himself and Hallia as my view of him came back Ginny which Hallia claimed. The only way that could have happened is if BOTH cloud and Hallia were mafia. I find that unlikely. did you attempt to send out dementors any other time? Can you still do so?

Cloud, why are you pushing the 3rd party angle so hard? The survivor in particular. I could be wrong but I believe that a survivor only needs to live until the game is decided between Mafia and town. So if the mafia were all dead and there was only a survivor left, the game should just be over and town and the survivor both win. also when Dice commutes he is untargetable by any action. So your attempt to switch him would just fail. So you did nothing last night.

Dice, what night did you apparate with Cloud?

RTE, which night did you watch Cloud?

I agree with the bolded. 

As for me pushing the third party angle. I explained in my previous post that it's more likely that we have a third party left because of the large amount of dead mafia, but it being an experimental game we can't be sure of that so we need to keep our options open. I'm just leaning more towards the third party thing. I just remembered that a Survivor can win with either faction so you are indeed right that if there is a Survivor there is also a mafia member alive which is even less likely... I wasn't really giving the role too much thought last night, heh >.> Either way, looking at the dead player I still think the chance is higher that we have a third party, but we can't be sure so we shouldn't only focus on that. 

Medium is not one of those roles. I don't know how more clearly I could put it.

The point is that we can't test yours or Peace's roles. We can check any other role except Hallia's but I think she has proven herself to be town because Turin has still managed to stay alive, and I liked her play on the Day we lynched Wombat. I'm also feeling uneasy that you just recently subbed in and didn't give your thoughts while supposedly catching up, making you very difficult to read. 

Nicas claim that basel would not know he was dementored doesn't hold up. Darthe recieved info in his PM it seems that he was dementored. Thus Basel would have too AND he owuld have come forward with it imo because he WAS under pressure and it would look more townie

This. Someone could have protected Basel though. Wombat was a curse and spell JOAT so I'm sure he had some kind of protective spell up his sleeve. Not to mention that we still have an anti-town player with an unknown role in the game. 

I'm not voting for Peace because his character was cleared by Turin. I'm currently voting for you because I find your play scummy, and you are the only one next to Peace that I'm still suspicious about. Chances are that you are the third party member that we are looking for, and the only way to clear you is to lynch you. If you flip town then it must be Peace and Lupin is some sort of Survivor. I have a town read on the rest of the players, and their roles also make sense to me and not to mention that we can actually test them as opposed to yours and Peace's. 

A few things. 1- Doesn't stop to consider clearing me via Turin - just wants to instalynch. 2- Has had town reads mostly on me. 3- Very certain of the 3rd party factor... 4- Again the only way to clear me is not to lynch me 5- Survivor - Do you actually mean Roled survivor? Because if that is the case then we have a mafia left as well - is that what you think? Survivor wins by remaining alive after the dust settles - ie a Town/Mafia victory. Are you trying to steer away from us leaving our options open? Tunnel in on this survivor thing? *shakes head no* 

Also, your first post when you subbed in reminded me of the self vote you did at the start of the Pokemon game, and there you were also third party :tongue:

Softening the blow. 

If you are looking for 3rd parties, look at the characters. 

All I'm going to say. Have a look at the pattern.

Meh I don't have much time this weekend because I have a deadline on monday to hand in my last couple of assignments and write an exam that I didn't manage to finish earlier this year, so I'm kinda feeling lazy about this game. I do like my current reads on you and Peace, but right now I just won't be having the time to do another reread and look for patterns, and case everyone etc. 

im thinking cloud is town vut i do have a small bit of doubt about him. His upgrade is even weirder then ures Peace

I think it's a logic fail for you to think that when someone upgrades a character they automatically get a more populair one. It seems that a character and it's role are meant to go together, but it doesn't mean that a more populair character is automatically more powerful.

Alright I'm confused. Are we lynching Berf? Am I suppose to save him? I don't feel comfortable saving someone I'm not sure about. If it was someone that we all could pretty much agree on to be town that is fine but I'm not sure about Berf and I see that others feel the same way.

I'm pretty sure that we are lynching Berf because we think that he is anti town, so no you shouldn't save him.

1st Bold - Don't have much time weekend but perfectly enough time to make a case on me. At a very critical time in the game. When the mod has declared a Sunday deadline well in advance.

Classic vote and run.

2nd Bold - Look at the response he gives Nic. That is certainly very stern. 

Also of note - The fact that Cloud busdrove me last night to PROTECT me... and now comes out with this with no real firm leads presented. Attack the easy target and bail. Peace has found Cloud sus and now Peace is finding Cloud equally sus, Cloud is backing down and moving on so as not to stick his neck out too far. And moving to the easy lynch.

I am pretty sure busdriver is an excellent 3rd party role also. 

/Unvote Vote Cloud

- Only your character would have been cleared by Turin. So if you were converted or are third party then that doesn't prove much imo. 
- We are not instalynching you. Everyone has thought it true and there have been cases against you. You trying to discredit this by just calling it an instalynch is pinging imo. 
- I never had mostly town reads on you because you just subbed in a Day or two ago and you didn't post many thoughts on the things that have happened so far so it's difficult to get a read on you. I thought that Peace was the last mafia, but Turin's investigative result has made me start to doubt my own case on him, but if you flip town then it can't be anyone but him imo. 
- Read my previous posts. I said that we shouldn't dismiss the idea of a last mafia player, but I am leaning more towards the third party thing because of the numbers. It's also hypocratical of you to say I'm scummy because of the third party thing after a large part of your defense was that your character and role (which we again can't test) can't possibly be third party.
- Again, lynching you is the only way to completly clear you. I'm sorry but I don't fancy another no lynch.

You are correct that I was wrong about the Survivor thing though. There however can still be  a third party out there. 

And me bringing up your meta from the Pokemon game is not softening the blow, but just another reason in my case why I find you scummy. 

Yeah I don't have much time this weekend but I can slip in a hour or so each day to bring my thoughts out in the open, but the point I was making is that you shouldn't expect a full reread from the and me searching for patterns etc. I wasn't trying to come over as stern towards Nica in my previous post. I have just been tired and overworked the last few days and it certainly wasn't my intention if she percieved my posts that way.

And to adress your last point: Yes, I protected you last Night because I was sure that Peace would flip mafia and I wanted to hear what Mish had to say. Your play this Day has been scummier than before so I changed my mind regarding you. Also, I don't really see how I am backing off in any kind of way. I have been giving my thoughts to everyone during the whole game.

And repeated Targetting of Halli to me seems like trying to swap to a player unlikely to be viewed, NK'd, or Vig'd. We all know Halli's playstyle and it's an excellent camo each game. Cloud would be stupid NOT to swap into Halls.

I have already explained why I targeted Hallia but you are of course free to come up with your own explanation regarding my actions :) This is mafia after all.

vote cloud

What a surprise :P

Check me out. All I'm saying. Rita can even watch me for polyjuice shenanigans. I'm town and I don't want to waste a lynch, and based on Cloud's overall and last day's play, I believe him to be our mystery bad guy.

And with that I have to go bed. I say that but no doubt I'll still be awake in 3 hours.

What did you find pinging from my last Day's play? I will have to look up your stance on Peace during the previous Day but it looks like you won't be around anymore before the deadline anyway so I will just save us the trouble.

This Nic plan won't work because we don't have time to vote someone else after nic plays her card.

Which means I'm going to die or there's a mislynch.

Which means you are about to lynch town.

Neville Goodbottom people. Less town than Ernie Prang or Rita? More chance of being a 3rd party than Lupin or Sirius?

Turin have you checked Halli's claim?

Because it looks like the only way to crack this chestnut is to figure out what role is more likely to be mafia or 3rd party.

Medium is not one of those roles. I don't know how more clearly I could put it.

I do have one question - Did you purposely change his last name?  I thought it was Longbottom.

Official Vote Count

Berf - 4 (Turin, Cloud, RTE, Nicana)

Cloud - 2 (Berf, Peace)

Not Voting - 2 (Hallia, Dice)

Current End of Round Bonus = 600 Studs

Archived