DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VOTE EP 

Just because...

Comes in with a "joke vote" on EP. Not a fan of joke votes on EP, since he's such an easy player to get lynched because of his playstyle, and a mafioso on his lynch early can jump off after it picks up steam and claim they were joke voting, and try to buy townie cred that way. Not saying I think EP is town btw

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved

Now this quote has been brought up a few times by others, and Talya has tried maintaining recently that she wasn't defending Basel... just freaking read the quote. She isn't just asking AH for reasoning, she outright says she doesn't think Basel's comment pings. That's defending mate. Please don't turn this into a squibbling match about what is and isn't defending.

The biggest reason why I think Talya is scum however, is the part in bold. Here's how I read that statement.

"There's a bunch of people arguing over something inconsequential. There could be mafia on either side."

Talya, if this isn't what you meant, let me know. But for now it looks like you were just casting out a generic "there's prob mafia out there guys" statement that is just trying to be as neutral as possible.

If you thought mafia was pushing the Cloud vote not being a joke vote angle, you wouldn't have said "amongst ALL those involved". Just looks like you were trying to look like you were scumhunting without actually committing to anything.

And this jives right along with your tendency to defend just about anyone that gets in the limelight this game, you don't want to actually come out in support of a lynch that ends up bagging a townie, so you'd rather try to earn townie cred instead.

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it. 

Defends Darthe, and I don't like the "he is out there and we know".... we DON'T know yet tho. We can only speculate. Could just be poor choice of words tho.

@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning.

Ah, well, the opening post was a garbled mess when I saw it. And I wouldn't expect him to claim anyway. I'm just saying a third party miller claim would be a great fake claim even if he weren't mafia. 

He could well be, but I would rather go for Mafia than go for third party at this stage. There is another option for Miller (and a town one)...if you think about it you might get there. 

You do seem to be pushing hard on this. 

Now, I have never said that I didn't think we should lynch a claimed Miller. I just didn't wanna speedlynch day 1. Imo, the perfect setup for today would have been to get pressure on a few people, get some info, then lynch Darthe right before the deadline, as that wifom just won't go away. Talya on the other hand, seems to not want to go for him at all for now. The only players that would benefit from a miller sticking around for a while is mafia, really.

@ Turin, When I read it it looked like a joke, I didn't see it as anything else. When people jumped on it I didn't see what they saw about it. However it doesn't mean I think Cloud is town. Heck, I would love to lynch him just for the Doc claim in the last game. I just saw something different from others. This game would be pretty boring if we all saw the same thing. 

Mafia straight up DON'T joke vote. Even if they think it's a joke vote, it's not, cause there is some kind of reason that they voted that person instead of just not "joke voting: at all.

Therefore, imo if you're defending Cloud's vote as a joke vote, you are basically thinking it unlikely that he's mafia at that point. And besides, why would you defend someone if you still thought they could be scum? The only people I EVER defend are people that I have townish reads on.

EBWOP, further note to Talya: it would have been more effective if you had chosen one or the other between defending me or attacking the case on Cloud. Doing both at once just comes off as awkward and contradictory, like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

don't know what EBWOP, don't like acronyms... :p however, not defending you and that you have jumped on the bandwagon in thinking I have makes you look like you are trying to jump on what others have said to get a lynch. I didn't choose to do either, I saw how things were. I asked AH to explain her 'ping' tis all...Couldn't see what she was getting at. So at the moment I'm suspicious of you in fact. 

Even Basel himself questions why you defended him, and suddenly you're suspicious of him? :rolleyes:

EBWOP= Edit By Way Of Post

I don't like that one very much.

Thank for response Talya. What do you think about AH and Tina?

The only thing that caught my eye about Tina, was her bit where she said something similar to knowing Cloud was joking, at the end of the day, it's all about perception and you can't know how someone meant something only your interpretation. I'm hesitant on anything else, because at one point in games I always found her actions mafia and she was town, so a little cautious. I've been like that with Hally lately as well. 

As for people saying I'm sitting on the fence a bit, I find AH's statement on Cloud to be exactly that. Leaving something open if she wishes to choose and to say she thought something was there. I still found her vote on Basel a little over the top. There really didn't seem that much in her post and to suddenly say we would get most info from him...this I could understand after a couple of trains had gotten going, everyone had been chipping in, but they haven't. Then she brings me into that info...I see it as a bit of leap this early on day 1. 

Basel grabbing the idea I was defending him, because I asked for more from AH, made him look odd to me, he was really pushing it. (that's how it came across). 

Do we have a vote count, I can't remember who has what votes...

We need more people to join in...

The thing she brings up about AH in the second paragraph is deflecting, she never explains how she wasn't fence sitting, instead just chooses to try directing focus on AH's fence sitting. Not a good defense imo.

I didn't defend anyone though. I might not think that someone is the way to go at that time, or quite a few people at that point. But based on that Train (or whatever you want to call it) I didn't think there was enough info to say who was town or who was mafia, so I let it roll. I wouldn't (on just that train) go for any of them. It was Basel's reaction afterwards and the way he jumped on what other people had said, how he protested that I was defending him so much, go back and read it...You can hear feigned indignation in his post. 

Never defended anyone? Riiiight. :rolleyes:

And I never saw Basel protesting that you were defending him so much, that seems like you are greatly exaggerating a situation. Just because he thought it odd that you defended him as well as himself doesn't mean he was indignantly protesting your defense...

I was wrong in thinking you hadn't gotten much attention, a few have cased you this game, however not that many were voting you a bit ago.

All the stuff I laid out, as well as general sensitivity you have show in response to some cases against you, as well as your omgus flip flop on Basel, all tells me we might have bagged scum day 1.

Vote Talya yall

@Turin I answered it already. I'd quote it but my Mobile DM is broken. I included EP because his posts drew my attention enough to warrant his inclusion, even if I'm not sure about him.

I'm also not sure of Tig and Nyn right now, and that makes me a little wary. I think lynching Darthe right now, especially how he has been playing, gives us 0 information.

@Leelou, I couldn't read that post at all. Broken Mobile DM does not help that.

Cloud seems to be overreacting a bit and getting defensive over just a couple of votes. Vote Cloud.

This sticks out as a scummy vote to me

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go.

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

And so defending both, duely noted

When you are noting please also put down I like chocolate, milk chocolate not dark...thanks

and then shrugging off my suspicion, Talya is a good place to start looking in this game
We get this whole deal. I dunno basels vote looked opportunistic to me. Then you defend him and AH and get defensive about being defensive.

Yea Talya is a good candidate

Then Tina has this good point on Talya

"I don´t know why the Basel quote disappeared but he is one of my suspects because of the weak case on Cloud. I totally agreed with AH´s post. Talya thinks there are probably mafia among those voting for Cloud but yet she questions AH´s vote on Basel. Hm..."

So on that train when Talya posted it was; RTE, Turin, Basel, and Despo

So if Basel isn't who Talya thought, then she thinks RTE, Turin, or Despo are likely mafia.

Ill keep reading and see if she ever bothers to look at any of those three

Out of interest, this is Talyas response

"@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning."

Great! /sarcasm

Despo arrives with a nice post. Two interesting points

I really don't like this quick train that's building on Basel. His vote didn't really stand out that odd to me at all, and there were a few others who cast votes on Cloud that aren't getting any attention really. Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train. I also really like what he said recently bout the Cloud "joke vote". A joke vote is usually just silliness alone, don't usually see them reference someone else's case, unless they put "case" in joke quotation marks or something.

See that's weird, he says what Talya said, he also calls this train opportunistic and the people on it scummy, that's exactly why I think Basels vote was scummy. Bit of a double standard

Still he is seconding Talyas thoughts at this point

Then...

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

This however, is prob the strongest ping for me so far in the game (although I have been skimming somewhat due to time constraints). Underlined emphasis mine btw. Just a really really scummy line. Throwing out generic "some mafia are probably involved in this discussion" just reeks of trying to stir the pot while not clearly coming down on one side of a discussion.

Unvote, Vote Talya

He calls out Talya?

He even calls her out for the "some mafia" part when he just said "

Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train"

It's basically the same thing

I dunno it just doesn't sit well at all

Despo and Talya are likely mafia IMO

Just tried catching up really quick, was skimming tho so I'll have to reread tomorrow.

AH and Dice have def risen up my scumdar. Still think the case on Basel is weak. Ignoring Darthe's claim cause he tends to always wanna make day 1 just about him if he has some kind of juicy role, it's an EP-like move that I don't like so I'm putting it aside for now. Quit bringing it up Darthe.

I still think Talya's "there's prob mafia amongst all those involved" is EASILY the biggest ping of the game. Really surprised there isn't more heat on her.

Last part still bugs me. He said something very very similar. If he thinks that's a scum tell then its very likely something he does as mafia (people look for their own tells generally) so yea

1. Why does Basel's vote look scummy to you? Just saying it looks scummy without explanation is well... pretty scummy.

2. Something I need to clear up bout that part about Talya: she never says "their are prob mafia amongst those voting Cloud". She says "mafia amongst all those involved." This could mean people on either side of the Cloud joke vote debate. Had she said what you thought she said you'd have a point with what you were saying, but she never made it seem like that. She DID say that she thought Cloud's vote was a joke vote, but also made it seem like everyone was also making a lot to do about nothing.

3. At the time that I said I didn't like the train on Basel, I was also one of the people voting for Cloud. So people were voting him for something that I thought was silly, since I had agreed with him about Cloud (or he had agreed with me, w/e). And I guess you could say I was seconding Talya's thoughts at that point because I was defending Basel, but that doesn't make me scum if she turns out to be. I was defending someone I thought to be town at the time, she could have been doing it to try and gain townie cred.

Either way I don't see a double standard... you never stated why you thought Basel's vote was scummy. I said there could be an opportunistic vote on Basel's train cause I thought the case against him was weak. See the difference?

4. The last two quotes and reasoning confuse me a bit, I'll need you to explain how what I'm doing there is scummy. I see the connection you're making between me and Talya there, but I don't think it's really that valid considering what I said above about how she said "mafia amongst all those involved" not  "mafia amongst all those on Cloud's train". You also kind of try to make this point twice; where do I make a similar statement to "probably mafia amongst all those involved"? That seems like a fence-sitting type comment to me, I don't remember making similar sentiments at any point.

I think that is a common tell.

I'm really surprised to see others, other than me, bring up the third voter theory considering its been a bogus joke theory since I started it a year or so ago to get reactions. People it's bogus.

Yeah, it's complete rubbish. Mafia can vote wherever they want on the train. Really no spot that's better than another, as long as it's not the hammer since those get a bit more attention and can hit a bomb.

Dap. That's a well put together case. I may have some insight but I need to research old Despo games first. But it will have to wait cause DM isn't navigating well for me now.

Oooooh! I'm getting researched! Lucky me!

:tongue:

1. I believe I called it opportunistic later in that post. But if not, it was an easy and opportunistic vote

2. Interesting

I concede your point there, to me that read as those voting but I see how it could be taken your way too

3. It seems double standardy to me. Also see 1 for why I dislike the Basel vote

4. Those two lines read as similar seeds of ideas to me. Both of you talk about vague "mafia" on certain things. You even name her scummy the fact that she says there are probably mafia involved in an event, but you also say "Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train." Which is a vague statement about mafia and an event

Ill research you tomorrow probably.

But I really do like you. I think you are the first person on DM ever to actually read my case and analyse it

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

Dice(2): WBK, Tina

WBK(2): Hally, Dap

Cloud(4): RTE, Turin, Basel, Lessa

Basel(4): AH, Tigs, Cloud, Talya

Talya(2): EP, Despo

Darthe(4): BG, Darthe, Peace, Tiink

Not Voting(5): Nya, Ley, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 1

Hehe thanks man. I try to analyze others' cases even if they're a read since a lot of mine are like that as well and I hope people are reading those.

And I guess I can see what you're saying about the vague statement about mafia and an event, I just don't think there's that strong of a link, I think the difference with mine is that I was committing to a side, that Basel's train was weaksauce, whereas hers (Talya's) seemed more like a neutral type comment to me.

Either way, I can assure you that I am town, so however Talya flips that doesn't really say anything about me.

And after all that.. the case on Talya still doesn't make any sense. 

If that was a defense for Basel, then that was the most pathetic defense in the entire world. As for the rest of your post Desp, sorry mate I just don't see it. 

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

Dice(2): WBK, Tina

WBK(1): Hally

Cloud(3): RTE, Turin, Lessa

Basel(4): AH, Tigs, Cloud, Talya

Talya(4): EP, Despo, Dap, Basel

Darthe(4): BG, Darthe, Peace, Tiink

Not Voting(5): Nya, Ley, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 1

I think that is a common tell.

I'm really surprised to see others, other than me, bring up the third voter theory considering its been a bogus joke theory since I started it a year or so ago to get reactions. People it's bogus.

funny, that I remember it from games years ago, still it doesn't mean too much at all, if anything it probably was more apt back then. 

I'm starting to get the feeling the Cloud train is losing steam. I'm going to switch to my second choice. Unvote, vote Talya.

It hasn't been going anywhere for ages, and now you only notice. 

Despo, if you read what I said later, I said I didn't think Cloud was town, so it applies to the whole thing. I didn't go for anyone, because at the time that was the only thing that had happened. Those who thought they KNEW who mafia were were lying (unless on their team). I waited to see what came out of it all. You and Dap are going to be disappointed in the result when my lynch comes. Ho hum. 

I don't think the Darthe train is going to congeal today unfortunately judging by the attitudes displayed. I'm not comfortable with the Cloud, Talya, and Basel lynches quite yet.

Unvote Vote Dice

This is the only one I feel I can support at this time other than Darthe since nobody is voting Panchi.

I'm starting to get the feeling the Cloud train is losing steam. I'm going to switch to my second choice. Unvote, vote Talya.

This doesn't sit well with me.  It just seems like you're content to vote whatever's easiest.  Oh, that one's not working, let's hop to the next one.

Unvote

Vote Basel

Still suspicous of Basel and Talya... I'm getting a feeling that Cloud's case might have been bliwn qay out of proportion - but then again, maybe cos it's losing steam.

Been getting a pretty strong towny vibe from Dap atm, you make some valid and clear points. Despo on teh other hand... I almost wanted to vote you there a page or two back. I don't like how you're trying to make cases on "maybe poor wording" and other such things, it just feels real fishy in my tum. Then again I have a cold so mebbe my gut feeling's off :P

But I'm so close to wanting to vote Des...

The Darthe train...nyeeeehhh. People advertising and voting themselves for a lynch is weird! I mean, a noble act of selflessness kinda feels different right? I don't trust it much, but i's said it before.

AAA PHONE DYING *quickly posts* i'll be back sometime soon!!

Archived