DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

EP(1): Talya

Dice(2): WBK, Tina

WBK(2): Hally, Dap

Cloud(4): RTE, Turin, Basel, Lessa

Basel(3): AH, Tigs, Cloud

Talya(2): EP, Despo

Darthe(3): BG, Darthe, Peace

Not Voting(6): Nya, Ley, Tiinker, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 1

The thing is, I agree that lynching a claimed miller, esp early in the game, is kinda the only safe option. The problem is, pushing a quick lynch on him today means (if he flips town) that there won't be a chance to truly apply any pressure to anyone else today, which takes away opportunities to judge reactions, collect info, and generally have a productive day 1.

I have made my thoughts known about lynching ANYONE quickly day 1 many times before, its just not that good of an idea. And Darthe wouldn't even be a good info lynch either, it would really just bog us down and delay our scumhunting.

IMO, Darthe should have either claimed day 2 if he was going to claim, or not acted so impatient to get himself lynched when some of us were still trying to apply pressure to others. Just because a decision is logical doesn't make it the best decision for that moment.

I think that Darthe did right to claim right away. I agree that we need to kill him but a quick lynch isn´t good at day 1. 

Darthe - could you tell us what you think about people instead of just advocating your own lynch. 

Lessa, this was the post that I didn´t understand. 

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works, I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Personally, I don't see the joke.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud.

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

So you don´t see the joke and you think Cloud is over reacting. Then you vote Basel for over reacting because of his Cloud vote. So you think both look scummy?

The thing is, I agree that lynching a claimed miller, esp early in the game, is kinda the only safe option. The problem is, pushing a quick lynch on him today means (if he flips town) that there won't be a chance to truly apply any pressure to anyone else today, which takes away opportunities to judge reactions, collect info, and generally have a productive day 1.

I have made my thoughts known about lynching ANYONE quickly day 1 many times before, its just not that good of an idea. And Darthe wouldn't even be a good info lynch either, it would really just bog us down and delay our scumhunting.

IMO, Darthe should have either claimed day 2 if he was going to claim, or not acted so impatient to get himself lynched when some of us were still trying to apply pressure to others. Just because a decision is logical doesn't make it the best decision for that moment.

I think that Darthe did right to claim right away. I agree that we need to kill him but a quick lynch isn´t good at day 1. 

Darthe - could you tell us what you think about people instead of just advocating your own lynch. 

It is puzzling , either he does it in good faith or he is playing a double game , advocating to be lynched in order not to be and securing his position .

Aha, here you change your vote to Cloud instead. So he is scummier than Basel then. 

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

reference_zpsb4b71cdc.jpg

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

I didn't ignore your explanation, it's part of what made you suspicious to me in the first place.

@Basel: Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I'm leaning toward voting because of the following:

-Cloud's comment to Panchi about taking risks even if it means getting lynched. I get the speak your mind part of his comment. Personally, I wouldn't tell someone to mafia that they'll get lynched for speaking their mind, I certainly wasn't told that when I first played. To me, it sounds like he's telling her to prepare for her own lynch. He later says to her that he won't be ignoring her and will be continuing to get her to post. This could be seen as a player trying to get someone new to post more often or it could be seen as a teammate trying to get another teammate out of the dark so it doesn't seem like they're lurking or it could be seen as a mafia player trying to get someone new out in the open so they can be lynched.

-After AH's comment of the possiblty of Darthe being a bomb (which I don't know about), Cloud comes out and says not to lynch him. To me this looks like a way to avoid Darthe being lynched so that mafia can use that possiblity later on.

A question, what's meta and WIFOM mean?

On that note, unvote Vote Cloud

It is puzzling , either he does it in good faith or he is playing a double game , advocating to be lynched in order not to be and securing his position .

Yes, that is why we need to lynch him. But it won´t give us any more information than knowing if he is scum or not so I rather lynch someone else today.

Back to this again. (Sorry for multiple posts.) What post was it that Basel explained whatever made you change your mind? I can´t find it. 

Aha, here you change your vote to Cloud instead. So he is scummier than Basel then. 

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

reference_zpsb4b71cdc.jpg

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

I didn't ignore your explanation, it's part of what made you suspicious to me in the first place.

@Basel: Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I'm leaning toward voting because of the following:

-Cloud's comment to Panchi about taking risks even if it means getting lynched. I get the speak your mind part of his comment. Personally, I wouldn't tell someone to mafia that they'll get lynched for speaking their mind, I certainly wasn't told that when I first played. To me, it sounds like he's telling her to prepare for her own lynch. He later says to her that he won't be ignoring her and will be continuing to get her to post. This could be seen as a player trying to get someone new to post more often or it could be seen as a teammate trying to get another teammate out of the dark so it doesn't seem like they're lurking or it could be seen as a mafia player trying to get someone new out in the open so they can be lynched.

-After AH's comment of the possiblty of Darthe being a bomb (which I don't know about), Cloud comes out and says not to lynch him. To me this looks like a way to avoid Darthe being lynched so that mafia can use that possiblity later on.

A question, what's meta and WIFOM mean?

On that note, unvote Vote Cloud

Here's the thing. If he's scum, he probably isn't going to say or do anything that can tie him to anyone very easily. As soon as he shares opinions, he's likely to get lynched as an information vote, a town player annoucing miller that wants to be lynched would want to scumhunt as much as possible to give the town clean reliable opinions after death.

"But BG, what about the WIFOM casings?" you may ask....

Well, so long as he remains an island, people generally won't lynch him because it "provides no info." If he tries to disseminate wifom info before getting lynched, he's much more likely to get lynched.

As you can see, Darthe is not casing anyone or providing much in the way of opinions on what else is going on.

I forgot to address EP's quote.

Dude...you need to ease up on the Valium.  WBK was very clear in what he said.

hmmm ok

I will not take part in a miller Lynch. I think it is a waste today

I say wait till he posts some informative info before we lynch him, if nothing by mid day 2. Then just lynch him because he is mafia.

I am trying to decide if voting now on Darthe is good or not. If the train builds up, I would vote but for now I am not voting for anyone.

Sooooo lazy voter is lazy? Or Mafia voter is unsure?

@Tina- Fair Enough.

Outside that my suspicions have mainly been on Panchi as I pointed out here. His response didn't really sway me away from my intial thoughts there.

I feel like RTE, Cloud, and Peace are playing fairly town games even if I don't agree with everything they've said and done. I don't really have any feelings of manipulation right now from them. Misinterpretations maybe, but nothing overtly scummy.

I do think your points on Dice have some merit though.

BG - I have just commented on your "fair enough" elsewhere. We have talked about this, remember. :D

If someone wanted to they could consider your last posts as a bit of tunneling. It's the most related/connected posts you've made thus far this game and seem to be very interested in Lessa.

If you look at my other posts you will see that I´m questioning more people than Lessa.

@Tina- Fair Enough.

Outside that my suspicions have mainly been on Panchi as I pointed out here. His response didn't really sway me away from my intial thoughts there.

I feel like RTE, Cloud, and Peace are playing fairly town games even if I don't agree with everything they've said and done. I don't really have any feelings of manipulation right now from them. Misinterpretations maybe, but nothing overtly scummy.

1 important thing here, I think Panchi is a she not a he.

@Tina- Fair Enough.

1 important thing here, I think Panchi is a she not a he.

Its not a mafia game if I don't mess up someone's gender.

@Tina - :rolleyes:

Ok I'm here and I will start rereading again and pick up on the things that I have missed last night.

Welcome to the game RTE!

Thanks.

Saturday deadline. You know what that means guys.

3 days to get a Lynch?

More like two days. I think we should achieve a lynch on friday, because I feel like some players won't even be around during the weekend. 

So, heres a thought I sat on.

Someone reveals Miller.  

Mafia maybe goes omg easy lynch!

or.. what else would mafia do?  I know what two plays are viable here.  You either regretfully lynch me or..

you hold off, argue against lynching me saying this means im almost certain town.  then you never NK me.  Never attack me, just let me sit around aware that I'll never gain too much credibility because each day that I live works against me.  We get to lylo and whose the convenient lynch?  The one that claimed Miller, clearly.  I must have been lying.

You guys need to stop being stupid and lynch the damn miller.  Every day I live without your utmost confidence is foolishness, and you need to examine the second-fourth people who chimed in on me being very likely town etc.  That is the good scum move, especially from experienced players.

Well, right or wrong I was content to let your play determine your alignment but the WIFOM that this introduces is incredible.  My feeling is, you are correct and should be lynched today.  VOTE DARTHE.

For those unsure of the wifom this statement created:

Darthe mentioning this whole scenario basically gives him a prearranged reason as to why he would never be night killed if he is scum.  Also builds false town credibility by bringing it up and offering to by lynched.

If he is town then the scum team will never NK him, thus creating significant doubt around him the whole game. 

He basically becomes a poison pill.   This can't be allowed. 

This actually makes a lot of sense, but I think there is one flaw in your reasoning: Darthe has been advocating his own lynch since the start of the game and I believe he will continue to do so for the rest of the game if he is still alive. He hasn't been actively scumhunting (or at least not that we can see) and this leads me to believe that he wants to remain a viable lynch target (he even self voted). I'm all in for lynching Darthe, but I would prefer to lynch someone now who I have a scum read on and will provide us a lot of info. We can lynch Darthe on Day 2.

The above post from Despo also makes a lot of sense to me and I agree with the bolded.

Here's the thing. If he's scum, he probably isn't going to say or do anything that can tie him to anyone very easily. As soon as he shares opinions, he's likely to get lynched as an information vote, a town player annoucing miller that wants to be lynched would want to scumhunt as much as possible to give the town clean reliable opinions after death.

"But BG, what about the WIFOM casings?" you may ask....

Well, so long as he remains an island, people generally won't lynch him because it "provides no info." If he tries to disseminate wifom info before getting lynched, he's much more likely to get lynched.

As you can see, Darthe is not casing anyone or providing much in the way of opinions on what else is going on.

This could also be because he wants to get lynched and doesn't want to be kept alive by some players who think he is doing a good job with scumhunting...

RTE, why are you still voting cloud? Why do you think he gives more information than Kronos?

Repeated because unanswered.

On the Darthe thing. My stance is that if he is going to stand aside and do nothing then I am okay with lynching him. If he will start contributing to the search for mafia then he can be kept around a while longer.

I had no reply boxes on laptop yesterday and cloudflare today so posting quick short thoughts.

Kronos, with his delayed vote a little shady.

Cloud, was starting to think he might be town until a few recent posts. Keeping my vote there.

BG, seems a little obsessed with the lynch Darthe thing.

RTE, Why did you include EP in the list just to say you had no read on him?

Archived