DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

Despo, there was something in AH's posts that were bothering me but I haven't been able to out a finger on it yet. Can you expound on what you see? Stuck on mobile to be able to reply at all so maneuvering around is a pain. If someone could quote the two large ones I would appreciate it also

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m doing my best to play here while at work; I’m getting cloudflare at home. So when the bosses are away I’m catching up as I can. I really don’t want to vote for Darthe, even knowing he’s the miller. He’s a good player and his insight is helpful.

I also would like to hear more from Hallia, Tigraine, Nolirion, Thorkin and Wombat.

Well I was a bit taken aback by all the fuss they made about your "joke" so I took my time to make my opinion about whether or not you are a dirty Grima  . For now I don't think you are , I think you and EP used all the fuss to create a momentum around you.

Still I hadn't had the time to wrap my head around all of the discussion I might post something later on. 

I didn't ignore your explanation, it's part of what made you suspicious to me in the first place.

@Basel: Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I'm leaning toward voting because of the following:

-Cloud's comment to Panchi about taking risks even if it means getting lynched. I get the speak your mind part of his comment. Personally, I wouldn't tell someone to mafia that they'll get lynched for speaking their mind, I certainly wasn't told that when I first played. To me, it sounds like he's telling her to prepare for her own lynch. He later says to her that he won't be ignoring her and will be continuing to get her to post. This could be seen as a player trying to get someone new to post more often or it could be seen as a teammate trying to get another teammate out of the dark so it doesn't seem like they're lurking or it could be seen as a mafia player trying to get someone new out in the open so they can be lynched.

-After AH's comment of the possiblty of Darthe being a bomb (which I don't know about), Cloud comes out and says not to lynch him. To me this looks like a way to avoid Darthe being lynched so that mafia can use that possiblity later on.

A question, what's meta and WIFOM mean?

On that note, unvote Vote Cloud

To the bolded: where did I say that? Can you please provide a quote because I can't recall me saying that.

Oh yeah I forgot to comment on the Darthe thing. I knew I failed to mention a couple of things. I will do the rest tomorrow. 

I see no reason to lynch him now without his play being scummy. It's good that he revealed though and I agree with his logic. I think I have seen him do the same thing before in the Calvin & Hobbes game.

This is were you said Darthe shouldn't be lynched

Aha, here you change your vote to Cloud instead. So he is scummier than Basel then. 

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

reference_zpsb4b71cdc.jpg

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

I didn't ignore your explanation, it's part of what made you suspicious to me in the first place.

-Cloud's comment to Panchi about taking risks even if it means getting lynched. I get the speak your mind part of his comment. Personally, I wouldn't tell someone to mafia that they'll get lynched for speaking their mind, I certainly wasn't told that when I first played. To me, it sounds like he's telling her to prepare for her own lynch. He later says to her that he won't be ignoring her and will be continuing to get her to post. This could be seen as a player trying to get someone new to post more often or it could be seen as a teammate trying to get another teammate out of the dark so it doesn't seem like they're lurking or it could be seen as a mafia player trying to get someone new out in the open so they can be lynched.

-After AH's comment of the possiblty of Darthe being a bomb (which I don't know about), Cloud comes out and says not to lynch him. To me this looks like a way to avoid Darthe being lynched so that mafia can use that possiblity later on.

Back to this again. (Sorry for multiple posts.) What post was it that Basel explained whatever made you change your mind? I can´t find it. 

Aha, here you change your vote to Cloud instead. So he is scummier than Basel then. 

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

reference_zpsb4b71cdc.jpg

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

Lessa: he wasn't making a case of his own, but he commented on Turin's case by saying it was a good one. In other words, he tried to pass it off as a joke vote while at the same time working serious thought into it. A real joke vote doesn't contain anything serious, it's just plain silly.

I find both Cloud and Basel scummy. I didn't change my mind about Basel but Cloud stands out more to me.

As for Darthe and his role claim I honestly don't know what to do. I don't understand your role and that's what causing me to stay my hand as it were. I will vote you if that is what you want. For now my vote is staying on Cloud.

XD nice, Womby.

Umm...heh. I itch to vote something or make a bit of an effort to find a persuadingly scummy vibe from someone, but I ain't feelin it yet.

Darthe's claiming from the start, and as someone pointed out before, little on his behalf by the way of scumhunting, seems off to me. But I wanna say be careful... I'm very edgy around Darthe and bombs being mentioned in the same line XD

Hmmm....

XD nice, Womby.

Umm...heh. I itch to vote something or make a bit of an effort to find a persuadingly scummy vibe from someone, but I ain't feelin it yet.

Darthe's claiming from the start, and as someone pointed out before, little on his behalf by the way of scumhunting, seems off to me. But I wanna say be careful... I'm very edgy around Darthe and bombs being mentioned in the same line XD

Hmmm....

So why bother trying to do anything Day 1.  Hey let's all just blind lynch someone without participating! 

I really doubt what I just said is your real stance on this game...therefore that statement you made is very suspect.

:dry: it's still D1, for ages. If I approved of blind lynches in any way I think I'd make that clear.

Oh yesh, soooo suspect admitting I'm not getting anything on my radar yet. I didn't see you voting for some time either *shrug*

You're just miffed I'm not really committing to the Darthe train :tongue:

What up Tiink!

I'm still abreast of this game, will add some more detailed thoughts later but catching up on the other gigantic mafia game I'm in fried my brain a bit.

I still think more of you should look at Talya.

Personally I think the Talya case is dreadful. She asked for clarification because something was... unclear? It's like when someone says their going on their gut and tries to use that as legit reasoning. It seems to me that there's a lot of focusing on what Talya has said without even bothering to see what she was replying to. Difficult to attribute to bad town play or scum.

I'm cool to lynch Darthe. Why? Because I think it would've been much more useful for him to have actively contributed to the game for the Days he'd be alive. He's a good scum hunter so hunt scum while your alive and on the chance that a cop views you, then make your claim. Both scenarios you've taken a day of towns time, but in one you've actually contributed to a town win. 

This way it seems like he's trying to do exactly what he claims he could be doing.

Vote Darthe

Well AH, I have been a bomb twice and killed mafia with it D1.. twice.  But if I am thank you for mentioning it so that mafia will be sure to not hammer. Good town play.

I've been a bomb once. I got drunk and goaded a town player to hammer me at LYLO cos I thought they were mafia.

We lost

Hahahahahahahahahhaa. Classic play3r.

Personally I think the Talya case is dreadful. She asked for clarification because something was... unclear? It's like when someone says their going on their gut and tries to use that as legit reasoning. It seems to me that there's a lot of focusing on what Talya has said without even bothering to see what she was replying to. Difficult to attribute to bad town play or scum.

I'm cool to lynch Darthe. Why? Because I think it would've been much more useful for him to have actively contributed to the game for the Days he'd be alive. He's a good scum hunter so hunt scum while your alive and on the chance that a cop views you, then make your claim. Both scenarios you've taken a day of towns time, but in one you've actually contributed to a town win.

This way it seems like he's trying to do exactly what he claims he could be doing.

Vote Darthe

That all has literally nothing to do with why I think she's scum. Additionally, you're acting like a lot of people have been talking about Talya, I haven't noticed that at all. Are you mixing games up?

And I think I'm going to have to do a detailed case on her to get others to see what in seeing. Hopefully I'll get a chance later tonight

Vote Darthe

That all has literally nothing to do with why I think she's scum. Additionally, you're acting like a lot of people have been talking about Talya, I haven't noticed that at all. Are you mixing games up?

And I think I'm going to have to do a detailed case on her to get others to see what in seeing. Hopefully I'll get a chance later tonight

The other cases I can get. Hers I couldn't and you weren't the only one to think her scummy.

Hope you're doing alright man!

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

EP(1): Talya

Dice(2): WBK, Tina

WBK(2): Hally, Dap

Cloud(4): RTE, Turin, Basel, Lessa

Basel(3): AH, Tigs, Cloud

Talya(2): EP, Despo

Darthe(4): BG, Darthe, Peace, Tiink

Not Voting(5): Nya, Ley, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 1

EP, still on the Valium?

I also would like to hear more from Hallia, Tigraine, Nolirion, Thorkin and Wombat.

Well I was a bit taken aback by all the fuss they made about your "joke" so I took my time to make my opinion about whether or not you are a dirty Grima  . For now I don't think you are , I think you and EP used all the fuss to create a momentum around you.

Still I hadn't had the time to wrap my head around all of the discussion I might post something later on.

Wearing off now took more this morning

Nolirion I don't understand what ur trying to say about me please elaborate

Archived