DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

I'm here I swear. Got all moved and interview and stuff yesterday and today I just kind of collapsed in a ball of blaaaaaaaah. 

Will do in depth analytical-type catch up tomorrow, but for now based on the skimming type read I just did

I REALLY don't like the darthe lynch. It makes me nervous. He is TOO eager to be lynched and it doesn't make sense.

This is how I'm feeling too...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here I swear. Got all moved and interview and stuff yesterday and today I just kind of collapsed in a ball of blaaaaaaaah. 

Will do in depth analytical-type catch up tomorrow, but for now based on the skimming type read I just did

I REALLY don't like the darthe lynch. It makes me nervous. He is TOO eager to be lynched and it doesn't make sense.

This is how I'm feeling too...

What is the worst that can happen?  Maybe a bomb?  Well it will happen at some point anyway.

A solo win jester thing?  Who cares.  Jester roles are dumb and it never feels like a real victory anyway.  The game goes on.

So...please point out the down side here other than lynching a town player that carries a butt load of wifom?

It's like I have to actively work to get myself lynched... I am not and never have been a jester (fake claimed it as bomb once, probably my crowning achievement, can't remember the game) and this time I'm sorry to say that I am not a bomb.  However, I find it ironic that Rand has made me a miller twice.

I suppose I can accept living through D and N1, but if I am not lynched by D2 I am going to cop hunt for the mafia.  Fair?

It's like I have to actively work to get myself lynched... I am not and never have been a jester (fake claimed it as bomb once, probably my crowning achievement, can't remember the game) and this time I'm sorry to say that I am not a bomb.  However, I find it ironic that Rand has made me a miller twice.

I suppose I can accept living through D and N1, but if I am not lynched by D2 I am going to cop hunt for the mafia.  Fair?

I think you mean the heroes/villains game, where Rand was scum and he hammered you. I can't recall the games where Rand made you a miller, just the one where I made the unholy mix of miller with silver tongue and gave it to you.

It's like I have to actively work to get myself lynched... I am not and never have been a jester (fake claimed it as bomb once, probably my crowning achievement, can't remember the game) and this time I'm sorry to say that I am not a bomb. However, I find it ironic that Rand has made me a miller twice.

I suppose I can accept living through D and N1, but if I am not lynched by D2 I am going to cop hunt for the mafia. Fair?

The whole point is, why try and make this whole game about you today? Just go in a corner and be quiet for a while, or pretend you got lynched alrdy.

In the meantime, I'd like to continue scum hunting.

Darthe you are being very annoying

Not even annoying, a tool

This.

And I have seen a lot that intrigued me so far incidentally, guess you haven't been paying attention. Talya is still highest on my scumdar, once I get finished playing l4d I'll make a more detailed case on her

I ended a game when the Jester got lynched once. Kaylee did such a good job at being a non obvious Jester getting herself lynched without the thought of Jester crossing people's minds, plus the general inactivity and poor play of most the other players I thought it only fair to give the whole game to her.

Look, some of you want my impressions, some of you want me to leave the thread alone, some of you want me more involved and some less.  I can't help the nature of my role but to act like im being a prat for revealing or using it is bullshat to me and I'm not going to be able and effectively do what I need to until the town comes to some definitive consensus here.  I have an obligation here to assure my own death however I can, you all recognize that don't you?  

I'll case others once this little relevant snag gets worked out.

I ended a game when the Jester got lynched once. Kaylee did such a good job at being a non obvious Jester getting herself lynched without the thought of Jester crossing people's minds, plus the general inactivity and poor play of most the other players I thought it only fair to give the whole game to her.

I remember that.  It was sadly inactive.

Look, some of you want my impressions, some of you want me to leave the thread alone, some of you want me more involved and some less. I can't help the nature of my role but to act like im being a prat for revealing or using it is bullshat to me and I'm not going to be able and effectively do what I need to until the town comes to some definitive consensus here. I have an obligation here to assure my own death however I can, you all recognize that don't you?

If all you have to say is "Come on guys! Why haven't you lynched me yet sheesh!" I'd rather you stay silent. If you have anything more productive to add, I'd love to hear it :smile:

Talya. You said there might be scummy people on the original cloud train (memory says it was that train along those lines)

So who?

At one point you say it wasnt one of the people, but you never say specifically who.

So who?

Despo I look forward to your case

Look, some of you want my impressions, some of you want me to leave the thread alone, some of you want me more involved and some less.  I can't help the nature of my role but to act like im being a prat for revealing or using it is bullshat to me and I'm not going to be able and effectively do what I need to until the town comes to some definitive consensus here.  I have an obligation here to assure my own death however I can, you all recognize that don't you?  

What do you mean by the bolded statement?

I also would like to hear more from Hallia, Tigraine, Nolirion, Thorkin and Wombat.

I am not in this game. I was merely informing you. You may think of me as one of the Valar if you must.

Aulë?

Aha, here you change your vote to Cloud instead. So he is scummier than Basel then. 

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

reference_zpsb4b71cdc.jpg

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

I didn't ignore your explanation, it's part of what made you suspicious to me in the first place.

@Basel: Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I'm leaning toward voting because of the following:

-Cloud's comment to Panchi about taking risks even if it means getting lynched. I get the speak your mind part of his comment. Personally, I wouldn't tell someone to mafia that they'll get lynched for speaking their mind, I certainly wasn't told that when I first played. To me, it sounds like he's telling her to prepare for her own lynch. He later says to her that he won't be ignoring her and will be continuing to get her to post. This could be seen as a player trying to get someone new to post more often or it could be seen as a teammate trying to get another teammate out of the dark so it doesn't seem like they're lurking or it could be seen as a mafia player trying to get someone new out in the open so they can be lynched.

-After AH's comment of the possiblty of Darthe being a bomb (which I don't know about), Cloud comes out and says not to lynch him. To me this looks like a way to avoid Darthe being lynched so that mafia can use that possiblity later on.

A question, what's meta and WIFOM mean?

On that note, unvote Vote Cloud

Back to this again. (Sorry for multiple posts.) What post was it that Basel explained whatever made you change your mind? I can´t find it. 

Aha, here you change your vote to Cloud instead. So he is scummier than Basel then. 

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

reference_zpsb4b71cdc.jpg

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

I didn't ignore your explanation, it's part of what made you suspicious to me in the first place.

@Basel: Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

I'm leaning toward voting because of the following:

-Cloud's comment to Panchi about taking risks even if it means getting lynched. I get the speak your mind part of his comment. Personally, I wouldn't tell someone to mafia that they'll get lynched for speaking their mind, I certainly wasn't told that when I first played. To me, it sounds like he's telling her to prepare for her own lynch. He later says to her that he won't be ignoring her and will be continuing to get her to post. This could be seen as a player trying to get someone new to post more often or it could be seen as a teammate trying to get another teammate out of the dark so it doesn't seem like they're lurking or it could be seen as a mafia player trying to get someone new out in the open so they can be lynched.

-After AH's comment of the possiblty of Darthe being a bomb (which I don't know about), Cloud comes out and says not to lynch him. To me this looks like a way to avoid Darthe being lynched so that mafia can use that possiblity later on.

A question, what's meta and WIFOM mean?

On that note, unvote Vote Cloud

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

Lessa: he wasn't making a case of his own, but he commented on Turin's case by saying it was a good one. In other words, he tried to pass it off as a joke vote while at the same time working serious thought into it. A real joke vote doesn't contain anything serious, it's just plain silly.

I find both Cloud and Basel scummy. I didn't change my mind about Basel but Cloud stands out more to me.

As for Darthe and his role claim I honestly don't know what to do. I don't understand your role and that's what causing me to stay my hand as it were. I will vote you if that is what you want. For now my vote is staying on Cloud.

You say both are scummy, does that mean that you think both of them are mafia?

XD nice, Womby.

Umm...heh. I itch to vote something or make a bit of an effort to find a persuadingly scummy vibe from someone, but I ain't feelin it yet.

Darthe's claiming from the start, and as someone pointed out before, little on his behalf by the way of scumhunting, seems off to me. But I wanna say be careful... I'm very edgy around Darthe and bombs being mentioned in the same line XD

Hmmm....

So why bother trying to do anything Day 1.  Hey let's all just blind lynch someone without participating! 

I really doubt what I just said is your real stance on this game...therefore that statement you made is very suspect.

I agree.

Also want to point out -  as much as he's been advocating his own lynch, look how slow it's going.

What do you mean with this? 

Look, some of you want my impressions, some of you want me to leave the thread alone, some of you want me more involved and some less. I can't help the nature of my role but to act like im being a prat for revealing or using it is bullshat to me and I'm not going to be able and effectively do what I need to until the town comes to some definitive consensus here. I have an obligation here to assure my own death however I can, you all recognize that don't you?

If all you have to say is "Come on guys! Why haven't you lynched me yet sheesh!" I'd rather you stay silent. If you have anything more productive to add, I'd love to hear it :smile:

I agree. 

Where did Dice go? Why are there people that are still not voting?

Sorry not been around Cloudflare, couldn't get on on anything.

I am trying to decide if voting now on Darthe is good or not. If the train builds up, I would vote but for now I am not voting for anyone.

This stinks, either you think it's a good idea or not, not just that you will if a train builds up on it. 

Yup. Day 1 never makes sense to me. I will let experience people build train and pick one which sounds most plausible. Hey, one has to start somewhere!

so you will just sit back and do nothing. Jump on an easy train...I know you are fairly new, but i have played in a couple of games with you and I haven't seen this from you before. This makes me suspicious of you. 

What up Tiink!

I'm still abreast of this game, will add some more detailed thoughts later but catching up on the other gigantic mafia game I'm in fried my brain a bit.

I still think more of you should look at Talya.

Maybe you should read the thread, after you and Dap and EP went on about the Buddying etc, nearly everyone has jumped on the bandwagon to add me with "buddying" or "making friends with" (what the heck does that mean...nothing). Just sheep following along, whatever their alignment. 

As for you doing the scumhunting...blinkered is the word I think of. 

Really? This is very sad play from a seasoned player. If you are town (which Millers are) then you should be helping town. If you want out of the game asked to be replaced. If not, play the game. We know what you have claimed,.  if the majority don't wish to lynch you just yet, get out there and help the town but coming up with you views on what has been happening

Play the game and not ask what people want, if people want to ignore you let tham, but don't go asking people for their opinion about what you should do. You've revealed, people aren't willing to lynch you yet, get over and stop sulking and play mafia like you can do. 

Talya. You said there might be scummy people on the original cloud train (memory says it was that train along those lines)
So who?

At one point you say it wasnt one of the people, but you never say specifically who.
So who?

Amazing how one little line can cause such problems, it has certainly caused a few people to claim I must be Mafia because I said it. At the moment I'm looking at Basel as a chief suspect for me. He so jumped on that bandwagon of me buddying him, in fact it was so over the top and said in such an outrageous way, it seemed so false. then he went on about me being contradictory because I had so called buddied Cloud and then him and he was on that Cloud mayhem. As i didn't buddy Cloud, nor him, it all seemed way over the top. I have accused people of buddying up to me before, and that is when people have blatantly agreed with me a few times, but I just am usually wary. his was such indeignation. #

UNVOTE VOTE BASEL

I'll vote now, just in case Cloudflare comes again..

Right so Basel it is now?

Weird cos

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go.

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

And so defending both, duely noted

When you are noting please also put down I like chocolate, milk chocolate not dark...thanks

and then shrugging off my suspicion, Talya is a good place to start looking in this game
We get this whole deal. I dunno basels vote looked opportunistic to me. Then you defend him and AH and get defensive about being defensive.

Yea Talya is a good candidate

(This was what I had put in my case I'm working on. Now she says Basel was the person lol)

Then Tina has this good point on Talya

"I don´t know why the Basel quote disappeared but he is one of my suspects because of the weak case on Cloud. I totally agreed with AH´s post. Talya thinks there are probably mafia among those voting for Cloud but yet she questions AH´s vote on Basel. Hm..."

So on that train when Talya posted it was; RTE, Turin, Basel, and Despo

So if Basel isn't who Talya thought, then she thinks RTE, Turin, or Despo are likely mafia.

That's what I had written before Talya appeared and responded. This is what she said now

So who?

So who?

Amazing how one little line can cause such problems, it has certainly caused a few people to claim I must be Mafia because I said it. At the moment I'm looking at Basel as a chief suspect for me.

He so jumped on that bandwagon of me buddying him, in fact it was so over the top and said in such an outrageous way, it seemed so false. then he went on about me being contradictory because I had so called buddied Cloud and then him and he was on that Cloud mayhem. As i didn't buddy Cloud, nor him, it all seemed way over the top. I have accused people of buddying up to me before, and that is when people have blatantly agreed with me a few times, but I just am usually wary. his was such indeignation. #

UNVOTE VOTE BASEL

So Basel is who she is looking at. But back then Basel wasnt on her list. Why the change?

I never said who I thought was mafia on that train. I asked AH what she meant by her "Ping" because that doesn't explain anything...do you not bother to read my posts, at no point did I say that I didn't think it was Basel. At the time of the comment, I just thought one of them could be. I then waited to see what happened. So how is that a change? 

Can you please tell me, how asking AH to explain one word, which didn't mean anything, and had no back up to explain it. I wanted to see why she thought it. Since when is Mafia about one comment and nothing else, you know of all things that is about a collection of things gathered. You also get blinkered about this.

Right so Basel it is now?

Weird cos

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go.

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

When you are noting please also put down I like chocolate, milk chocolate not dark...thanks
and then shrugging off my suspicion, Talya is a good place to start looking in this game
We get this whole deal. I dunno basels vote looked opportunistic to me. Then you defend him and AH and get defensive about being defensive.
(This was what I had put in my case I'm working on. Now she says Basel was the person lol)

"I don´t know why the Basel quote disappeared but he is one of my suspects because of the weak case on Cloud. I totally agreed with AH´s post. Talya thinks there are probably mafia among those voting for Cloud but yet she questions AH´s vote on Basel. Hm..."

So if Basel isn't who Talya thought, then she thinks RTE, Turin, or Despo are likely mafia.

That's what I had written before Talya appeared and responded. This is what she said now

So who?
So who?

Amazing how one little line can cause such problems, it has certainly caused a few people to claim I must be Mafia because I said it. At the moment I'm looking at Basel as a chief suspect for me.
He so jumped on that bandwagon of me buddying him, in fact it was so over the top and said in such an outrageous way, it seemed so false. then he went on about me being contradictory because I had so called buddied Cloud and then him and he was on that Cloud mayhem. As i didn't buddy Cloud, nor him, it all seemed way over the top. I have accused people of buddying up to me before, and that is when people have blatantly agreed with me a few times, but I just am usually wary. his was such indeignation. #

UNVOTE VOTE BASEL

So Basel is who she is looking at. But back then Basel wasnt on her list. Why the change?

This is adding two and two together and making 56...I have at no point made a list of those on that train...YOU made that up. I said there could be mafia on that train, but didn't say that i thought any of them was town. This is sloppy work Dap. 

The first bold bit: please say where I thought someone was town, because I rarely say anyone is town at this early in a game and I don't remember saying anything of the sort. 

I know you never said. It's why I asked

And you are correct, you never said Basel was town (I was just going from memory of what I had written in the case and turns out it wasnt 100% accurate. Points still stands though)

You never bothered to say who on that list so I was reading between the lines. If you disagree with someone's vote and don't bother to say specifically its the way the vote was handled rather than the person (by your own admission you say that you never said who you thought was town or mafia on that list) you can forgive me for thinking it was the person you defended that you thought was town on that list

I didn't defend anyone though. I might not think that someone is the way to go at that time, or quite a few people at that point. But based on that Train (or whatever you want to call it) I didn't think there was enough info to say who was town or who was mafia, so I let it roll. I wouldn't (on just that train) go for any of them. It was Basel's reaction afterwards and the way he jumped on what other people had said, how he protested that I was defending him so much, go back and read it...You can hear feigned indignation in his post. 

It looked like defending talya

anyway this was where i took that quote from

Can't be bothered. Waiting

Cloud seems to be overreacting a bit and getting defensive over just a couple of votes. Vote Cloud.

This sticks out as a scummy vote to me

OooooOOOooh, Baseeellllll; you put a third vote on someone! :tongue:

Didn't even realise it was the 3rd vote till this.

Hmm

This posts just twinges something in the back on my mind

Then AH comes and also votes Basel for being third (in so many words)

"A few Cloud defensive posts later Basel becomes the third vote on Cloud"

..... A few sentences later

"And at this time, I feel the most can be gained through this: Vote Basel"

Then Darthe claims miller

Ill keep reading and see if she ever bothers to look at any of those three

Out of interest, this is Talyas response

"@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning."

Great! /sarcasm

Then Tigs appears with this weird vote and reasoning

" vote Basel that's a perfect place for scum to jump on a pointless lynching and still not seem suspicious"

For 3rd vote without actually saying it?

I thought it was a scummy vote cos it was an easy target. Why are so many people mentioning the placement

I don't like it at all

Then Basel calls out is train (that's fine) but specifically AH. Seems weird that he doesn't mention Tigs as well, but that's something that may be relevant later

Lessa appears and votes Basel (a stronger vote IMO, not just for being 3rd)

Despo arrives with a nice post. Two interesting points

I really don't like this quick train that's building on Basel. His vote didn't really stand out that odd to me at all, and there were a few others who cast votes on Cloud that aren't getting any attention really. Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train. I also really like what he said recently bout the Cloud "joke vote". A joke vote is usually just silliness alone, don't usually see them reference someone else's case, unless they put "case" in joke quotation marks or something.

See that's weird, he says what Talya said, he also calls this train opportunistic and the people on it scummy, that's exactly why I think Basels vote was scummy. Bit of a double standard

Still he is seconding Talyas thoughts at this point

Then...

This however, is prob the strongest ping for me so far in the game (although I have been skimming somewhat due to time constraints). Underlined emphasis mine btw. Just a really really scummy line. Throwing out generic "some mafia are probably involved in this discussion" just reeks of trying to stir the pot while not clearly coming down on one side of a discussion.

Unvote, Vote Talya

He calls out Talya?

He even calls her out for the "some mafia" part when he just said "

Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train"

It's basically the same thing

I dunno it just doesn't sit well at all

Despo and Talya are likely mafia IMO

Talya's defense of me is funny-looking. It doesn't read as town legitimately guessing who is scum. She claims she thinks there's nothing wrong with what Cloud was saying, and then says there have to be mafia "amongst all those involved". And in the same post, she says that she doesn't get why AH is getting pings off me. These don't go together. I'm going to guess that she is trying to defend Cloud and work against the train on her teammate, while building some town cred by defending me, cause she knows I'm not scum. So right now, Talya and Cloud are on my mafia list. I'm not sure who else would be on there yet, but either of these two would be a good bet for today IMO.

Meantime, AH has yet to come back and explain her vote. She claimed the most could be gained through a vote on me, without explaining that thought beyond one word: "ping." Yeah, that's some really good casing there. AH, I'm calling you out, if you're listening.

I agree with an awful lot of this post. Quoting it for that reason

Then AH posted this. I didn't even realise it but god it punches you with scummy

(It was in reply to basels quote that I quoted. Glad I did now)

1) we now can get info on Tayla through a Basel lynch. weird bit of linking, why not just go for Talya? Far more likely mafia IMO (I seem to be casing you am awful lot Talya, that makes me nervous)

2) It IS possible for her to not get where either of the posts are coming from. She can not understand Basel’s vote on Cloud and also not understand my vote on Basel; just because you don’t get someone’s vote doesn’t mean you’re against them in everything. So that seems like another stretch in reasoning to me. defends Talya

Now, building theories like this is a part of the game, and might be totally viable. At the same time, I’m comfortable leaving my vote where it is for now.

Also, you question me on my vote/reasoning, yet I didn’t notice you ever question Tina for following me in that? She said she didn’t like your vote as well but she also “totally agreed” with my post.

Actually... the last paragraph of this post seems oddly familiar...

There is something going on around here. I’m sticking where I am.

something, something going on. Specifics are better. I the future be more specific

Also, there’s a few people popping their heads in without really saying anything about what’s going on in the game... Hallia’s the main one that comes to mind but I feel like there were others too. Any thoughts guys? weird that you pick Hally as well. I see a potential WOT around you. But not today

My thoughts in blue

Just tried catching up really quick, was skimming tho so I'll have to reread tomorrow.

AH and Dice have def risen up my scumdar. Still think the case on Basel is weak. Ignoring Darthe's claim cause he tends to always wanna make day 1 just about him if he has some kind of juicy role, it's an EP-like move that I don't like so I'm putting it aside for now. Quit bringing it up Darthe.

I still think Talya's "there's prob mafia amongst all those involved" is EASILY the biggest ping of the game. Really surprised there isn't more heat on her.

Last part still bugs me. He said something very very similar. If he thinks that's a scum tell then its very likely something he does as mafia (people look for their own tells generally) so yea

I think that is a common tell.

I'm really surprised to see others, other than me, bring up the third voter theory considering its been a bogus joke theory since I started it a year or so ago to get reactions. People it's bogus.

Archived