DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I quite literally just wrote A BOOK. I've read short stories shorter than what I just put together (might have gotten a taaaaad quote happy). I'm probably going to need to break it into multiple posts, so I'll do that and spoiler it because it will take up a ton of space and such and then read that and write a tl;dr version for y'all just in case you want it (and to help myself process ALL OF THAT).

I would just shorten it, but I had things to say and did take out a couple more irrelevant things but I also went to all of that work and am a tad prideful and am now feeling extremely lazy, so you'll all just have the fruits of my lack of stuff to do in the summer :P 

I am NEVER doing that again >.< I know I'm known for my walls of text (in addition to the "skittle list" that will appear around D3) but GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so, complete and total reread:

Post #1

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal:  :laugh:

The undead army fought on the side of the good guys. Are you saying that Kronos is town?

I still really don’t like this post. We were in full blown joking silliness at that point and he took something that appears to be a joke (I take this as joking at least...) and is trying to get game reads out of it. Strikes me as reaching. Plus also sort of reaching for a character claim, which is not allowed herenow. This post pinged and contributed greatly to my vote on him.

Clouds vote that caused all of the ruckus:

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

Turin’s instant reaction:

It's actually a null tell as the Nazgul were pretty undead as well. They would NOT be town here. But no Character claims anyway so is a moot point.

unvote. vote Cloud

That was awful

Cloud instantly responds with “it was all a joke” and keeps saying it for the next few posts. 
At this point he has two votes on him, one a “joke” and one Turin’s.
Basel becomes the third here. (This contributed to my vote on him as well). 

Two comments that it is the third vote but neither say anything else that contributes to the game:

And thus the story of cloud has ended in a mere 3 votes farewell cloud we shall miss you dearly

OooooOOOooh, Baseeellllll; you put a third vote on someone! :tongue:

A few things about each of these posts

Do you see the difference? 

IMO once you try to make a case (or follow another "case") along with your vote it is no longer a joke.  Smileys do not make it otherwise. Stating it was "just a joke" when called on it doesn't changed it either.

Watching some of the others too...
Out of curiosity, what made you immediately think it was not a joke and the case comment was just part of it, as Cloud claimed? More of a gut feeling or simply that jokes shouldn’t reference a “case” at all?
And who else in particular were you watching at that point?

Ugh we had this same discussion in Darthe's Mafia game and I'm honestly getting annoyed by it. Your belief that you will find scum by analyzing joke votes is pathetic; it will only lead to you geting paranoid over everything and you will lose your grip on the game, like you already have in this case.
So how do you suggest we begin finding scum if not analyzing joke votes? They can be used by mafia for their agenda after all

except that it has worked in the past making your statement invalid

^That

So Des later quotes this to say that I was possibly trying to draw away from the Cloud situation with my joke/intro vote:

Vote Nyan because I reserve the right to be shiney XD

Then we have a VC, some people come in, greetings, but only a few posts after mine, Darthe does a joke vote (here) which isn’t mentioned. We were a little more of track at the time, but it’s still interesting to me. Then he also doesn’t note the peace/Piano/Panchi-edit exchange right before his post as off task either, even though we were back to focusing on Cloud right before it. 

@Darthe--is this the miller hint we were supposed to pick up on?

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal:  :laugh:

Sounds familiar.

There’s something odd about this post of Cloud’s... I can’t put my finger on what though. Probably part that he makes a point to say he puts no strategy into his joke votes and part that he wants people to not think about past games. 

XD oh look Des said the same thing here during the first part. 
Actually I like the first part of that post a lot more now. Still have the same response to the last paragraph though (as I partially already restated but will put the full response from before here). 

Going to jump forward to the end Des’ post for a moment

I'm also slightly wary of AH and Tina. AH's vote could be seen as a subtle attempt at distracting from Cloud's train picking up momentum, and Tina's first post of the game just seemed scummy to me. Explaining her "joke vote" in the same post, as well as providing an excuse for possible future inactivity? I know she'll say I always find her scummy but I think she might be worth looking into as well.

The part about me I could see as a substantial reason to suspect me (though it was just a joke vote upon coming into the game) but I find it interesting that you made note of my post but didn’t look at the Piano/peace/bit of Panchi fluffiness that occurred right before you entered the game and also could have served as a distraction.
I feel like you’re reaching with the Tina bit. We all “explain” our joke votes, and if someone has cloudflare often, that’s something good for all of us to know.

Cloud’s response is here and while I can follow the logic of the joke, one needs to keep in mind that multivoting during the joke phase isn’t smart plan. I don’t know how seasoned of a player Cloud is but that’s a bit of a newb mistake. Now, whether it was a mistake or a coverup I’m still not sure what to think. 

My first WoT

Post #2 (Think I'll make them bigger from here on out)

Darthe’s next post after the one quoted above is the one where he reveals as Miller, and it was about 12 hours after the first one was posted. 

Okay, so nobody bit on that.

I'm a miller.

So he wanted us to draw the conclusion that he was a Miller on our own without him revealing first? Why not just reveal back then? If he wanted us to figure it out on our own then it was like he doesn’t want us looking for scum. 

Post of Talya’s that no body liked

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

So BG starts the Darthe lynch pushing, saying that Miller is a good coverup for mafia. 

Miller is essentially vanilla town that can't be vetted in any way.

Best possible day 1 lynch. 50/50 of being mafia. If town, then better loss than even vanilla. At least a vanilla can be vetted at some point by cops.

Vote Darthe

I know what it is, but I just didn't see the reason for the reveal. He could have used it to get a consolidated vote closer to deadline if needed (obviously we don't have one yet) but just jumping right out and saying it serves no purpose

I am kind of with Firebird here (o.O something is wrong in the universe!!!), but I’ve not played with Millers much so perhaps I’m just not following the strategy.

[insert Firebird questioning reveal]
Because I'm intelligent.  There are two ways to play miller, you either reveal very early D1 or you never reveal at all.  I have played the reveal early card every time before but this time I decided to hold off for a few pages and... no activity.  Thus, the reveal.  The only purpose of waiting would be for consolidation but that throws the town off its game.  Beyond that, not revealing at all runs the risk of me outing the cop.  Thus, the reveal.  /itisknown

Besides, I found mafia with it.

@bolded--why?
Ok so consolidation throws town off its game, yes. After this you try to get yourself speed lynched, which is so much better?

Miller is essentially vanilla town that can't be vetted in any way.

Best possible day 1 lynch. 50/50 of being mafia. If town, then better loss than even vanilla. At least a vanilla can be vetted at some point by cops.

Vote Darthe

See?  Best possible day 1 lynch?  Not true.  50/50 of being mafia?  Not true.  It's statistically factual that I still only have a 25% chance of being mafia and we can all agree that lynching mafia is better than lynching a miller.  Thus, BG is scum that posted too quickly thinking he could wrap this day up easy.  To prove my point, Vote Darthe

And self vote to help BG wrap the day up quickly....

Talya wants to keep him alive and watch him

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it.

well is that response to Darthe who voted himself or to Bg who voted Darthe?

to BG

Ok what are your thoughts on Darthe voting himself then?

sticks his head in   looks around   sees cloud causing chaos again.

Cloud  there would be 2 reasons why you got jumjped on. 1 is as Turin stated that you put in some casing. the second is that you put a multiple vote on someone in joke phase. I have seen that very action cause a lynch.

Cloud was clearly joking. People who tries to make a case out of it is on my scummy list. Dice is one of the first.
This comes into play later

[insert Despo commenting on Cloud]
....Fos Despo for the "case" against Cloud.
why didn’t you like the case on cloud?

Okay, so nobody bit on that.

I'm a miller.

If you are then it´s a good thing to claim right away.
Noted

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

I don´t know why the Basel quote disappeared but he is one of my suspects because of the weak case on Cloud. I totally agreed with AH´s post. Talya thinks there are probably mafia among those voting for Cloud but yet she questions AH´s vote on Basel. Hm...

Vote Basel

Didn’t like the “weak case” on Cloud by Basel, liked my post, and is interested in Talya.

I think Firebird’s the first one to bring up the whole “mass defending” thing with Talya (here). Could be wrong though... 

Sorry guys had to read the thread and yeah the opening was a mess for me too

I truly don't understand the "jump on cloud" thing everyone has going on.  He could very well be scum but this all started with a joke vote

There are some people overreacting BIG TIME

I don't understand why Darthe jumped out with a miller claim but in this case I agree with Talya, he can get caught up in that later

vote Basel  that's a perfect place for scum to jump on a pointless lynching and still not seem suspicious

Does the instant assuming of joke vote (Turin didn’t bring this up when he brought up Tina, Talya and I here). 
Who would you say is overreacting?
And adds a vote to Basel, seemingly based on train placement

I really don’t like this post of Basel’s either:

I don't understand the votes on me here. Especially this one.

[insert my ping post here]

Ping? That's all you have to say, AH? Precisely how does this ping for you? I think that Cloud is scum. He made a fake joke vote, one that was meant to look like a joke but still managed to contain a case. Subtle planting of suspicion couched in a joke vote is pingy. As for my comment about the undead army, I thought Turin might be trying to drop a small hint on Kronos. So really, tell me, where is the ping?

So he responds specifically to me even though Tina and Tigriane had voted on him at that point for slightly different reasons. He is a little overly heated and reactive to this in my opinion, and also doesn’t talk about any of the other stuff going on (such as Darthe). He did respond to Lessa’s vote on him soon after this though. 

Wow this game stagnated fast... I do hope this isn't the norm for games now a days talya's defense of everyone that has gotten heat so far in this game is reasonably suspicious, I'm not liking it, I really hope this game picks up some momentum soon or this will be my last non DPR game on DM

So your last post was here where you said Des and I had valid points and you wanted to see Cloud and Basel’s reactions. Since that post, Darthe claimed Miller and Basel responded, so you could have helped move the game along by giving thoughts on both of those situations.
Also, praytell what valid points Des and I made stood out to you?

There’s something interesting about this exchange:

Tina  I didnt jump on Cloud I explained some reasoning why others might have. 

So darthe if we lynch basel and he flips town are you volunteering to be next?

I'm volunteering to be first.  You should always either wholly believe millers or lynch them right off.  Waiting when you intend to kill them is plain foolishness.  BG is plain wrong on his statistics, but regardless that is the best info I have to go on.

With that said, this post pings a lot to me.  That says to me "If we lynch this person and they're town you're good with us killing you too?"  It's too directly manipulative.

My stats were a generalization.

In any case, you said so yourself, either believe a miller claim or immediately lynch em. If you all are willing to believe him, then let it be known. Else lynch him.

I can’t quite put my finger on what....

Pianos summarization of Talya’s mass defense which makes Des feel better about his vote and makes Piano switch his vote to Talya. 

Maybe I’m just automatically seeing Basel’s posts in a bad light now, but this one also doesn’t seem right to me. Reasoning in the first part is ok (gives thoughts on Tayla), but he still is very reactive to my vote on him and doesn’t talk about new game developments. 

Weird question. How can I know? Of course I can´t know for sure. It looks to me like it was a joke and that you are using it to make up a case. I use things like that sometimes just to start the game. But you are really serious about this?

Going from “clearly” a joke vote to being unable to be sure. (Here she states that this isn’t backing off and here she starts to get really irritated) 

My second WoT

*Edited to spoiler (thank God it's allowed in this game)

Post #3

Well AH, I have been a bomb twice and killed mafia with it D1.. twice.  But if I am thank you for mentioning it so that mafia will be sure to not hammer. Good town play.

Ok something to explain here (and actually I’m surprised no one else called me out on this because it is a dumb mistake): for some reason, bomb has always been a mafia role in my brain. I really don’t know why. I’ve played enough games where I should know it is a town role, but it has always seemed mafia-ish to me. I actually really wanted to make a mafia bomb in the last game I modded but Leelou told me not to (*pout*). But yeah that was totally on me and I should have remembered that bombs are town and not brought it up because if you are a bomb it’s going to hurt us. Sorry town!

Even so, you are very eagerly running around going “LYNCH ME!!!!!” and it’s making me jumpy and suspect you but not want to vote you.

...But maybe that’s the point... o.O

border-princess.jpg

I hate this game. Why did I come out of retirement? *Shakes fist at RandA* :P

Here Talya states she was not defending Basel by questioning me, only questioning me. This post also sticks out to me for some reason.

Pop in post. Did Turin ever address what I said here?

Des I really have no idea what to make of Darthe. Miller can be either town or mafia. If Basel flipped mafia  then id be willing to believe Darthe town. if he didnt not so much. Perhaps thats a bit lazy   hell it IS lazy but i dont have any real reads at this point

No a Miller is a town role. He is either miller or faking

Then the weird Basel Darthe link and no reads... As AH would say

Ping.

o.O This is just a me thing now?

Back when I played we said “Ping” all of the time. Is that a rarity now?

Kronos/Piano conversation

Des I really have no idea what to make of Darthe. Miller can be either town or mafia. If Basel flipped mafia  then id be willing to believe Darthe town. if he didnt not so much. Perhaps thats a bit lazy   hell it IS lazy but i dont have any real reads at this point

I don't understand your logic here?

Why would Darthe be town if Basel is mafia.

No a Miller is a town role. He is either miller or faking

Then the weird Basel Darthe link and no reads... As AH would say

Ping.

Well AH, I have been a bomb twice and killed mafia with it D1.. twice.  But if I am thank you for mentioning it so that mafia will be sure to not hammer. Good town play.

I've been a bomb once. I got drunk and goaded a town player to hammer me at LYLO cos I thought they were mafia.

We lost

You know what - that link makes no sense to me.

unvote, vote dice

That vote was just a tad opportunistic wouldn't you say?

Putting my vote were my mouth is...not opportunistic

Yes it is

You just quoted that exact dice post and didnt vote or mention it

I point it out and you are "oh yea there is a legit reason I could of voted, I should jump on while I can"

Whatevs

You even bolded and talked about the linking part.

You say nothing for half an hour

I call it a ping and you appear again with a vote

Actually that bugs me more than the Talya thing

unote vote Kronos

I’m tempted to go a little easier on Kronos because I know he was home sick that day and was feeling really irritable that evening anyhow, and I know that I have to sit a bit on things sometimes before I make a decision, but it’s still an interesting and is worth noting.

Things are starting to pick up a bit, I agree with you Dap that that was an opportunistic vote, however I'm going to keep my vote on Talya for the moment. I'm seeing a whole lot of finger pointing going around but some of it just seems like paranoid panicking. So far the only 2 to really stand out in this mess to me are Talya and Kronos.

Can you give your thoughts on why?

I half think its overreacting and half think that it is quite serious

It seems to me that Panchi likes to stay out of the game. I know she is new but I can't say I like her current play. You can never learn how to play Mafia if you don't take the risk of sharing your opinion with everyone else and possibly getting lynched with doing so. You shouldn't be afraid to make mistakes and die in this game, because it's the only way to learn how to play :)

^This^ 

[insert Dice quote and Cloud FoS

Ping? That's all you have to say, AH? Precisely how does this ping for you? I think that Cloud is scum. He made a fake joke vote, one that was meant to look like a joke but still managed to contain a case. Subtle planting of suspicion couched in a joke vote is pingy. As for my comment about the undead army, I thought Turin might be trying to drop a small hint on Kronos. So really, tell me, where is the ping?

Ok so I'm pretty sure that Basel is mafia. The main reason being that he thinks that I'm scum because of a joke vote. No matter how you decide to read it, I won't believe that you have such a sure scum read on anyone who just made his first post in a game ( and I really doubt you know my meta so it becomes even less likely). He has also obviously skimmed over my explanation of the joke in reply to Despo's case on me. 

Basel is mafia because he’s voting on you but Turin isn’t?

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta. So?

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree.  Noted

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

Basel, Tina and Panchi posts

Talya's defense of me is funny-looking. It doesn't read as town legitimately guessing who is scum. She claims she thinks there's nothing wrong with what Cloud was saying, and then says there have to be mafia "amongst all those involved". And in the same post, she says that she doesn't get why AH is getting pings off me. These don't go together. I'm going to guess that she is trying to defend Cloud and work against the train on her teammate, while building some town cred by defending me, cause she knows I'm not scum. So right now, Talya and Cloud are on my mafia list. I'm not sure who else would be on there yet, but either of these two would be a good bet for today IMO.

Meantime, AH has yet to come back and explain her vote. She claimed the most could be gained through a vote on me, without explaining that thought beyond one word: "ping." Yeah, that's some really good casing there. AH, I'm calling you out, if you're listening.

Again you seem to be very sure that I'm scum based on my first post this game. I can in no way believe that you are town.

Noted and [insert Turin Posts]

You know what - that link makes no sense to me.

unvote, vote dice

You didn't put your vote where your mouth is; you never even mentioned Dice before.

Actually he did two posts before, he just didn’t elaborate on his thoughts or act right away.

Vote Basel

I would also be happy to vote for Kronos.

Blahblahblah, back and forth and reactions and Firebird’s meta etc... Panchi gives thoughts

In response to BG's post here

So Cloud is town for encouraging Panchi to post?

Are you simply not convinced that they are scum, or are you getting town vibes from them? What do you think of the cases against them?

[insert vote count]

Ok so I think this is the last VC.

My thoughts:

Cloud: My vote was the first on him and was a joke vote. I am torn between believing he was just making a joke vote and that he got caught, only due to his reactions. That being said, he has had to spend so much time defending his joke vote that haven't heard much more from him. Although, as someone said I think that we would get more information from all the posting surrounding his casing at this point than anything else.

well he did comment on the Kronos thing too but not too much else besides that. Cloud, anyone else seeming scummy besides Kronos and Basel?

Basel: Opportunistic.  But then again I may agree with him so it's hard to say. His interactions have been interesting, enough so that even his lynch would be quite informative.

Talya: Wants to be BFF with everyone, but everyone has started distancing themselves. Shaky play so far.

Tina: Playing carefully but with intent. Interesitng.

Triple noted

AH: Some of the best posts in this game. Good posting, seems to be playing devil's advocate on most points. Most helpful to town thus far IMO.

Well that’s a different point of view! XD am sort of doing that I suppose... I find it gets the most information out for townies

Panchi: If I wasn't so inactive I'd call her out. Good that she finally got her thoughts and opinions out. Will be interesting to follow her play.

Dap: On his typical playstyle. Which can go either way.

WBK: Did not look good right now, but not convinced he's scum either. Wouldn't be a very informative lynch IMO.

EP: Stoking the flames. Not much of a read as a result.

Dice: Some poor posts but has explained his reasoning (or lack thereof). Pings me a bit with his posting.

Darthe: If he's miller, was right to claim now. So far I have a town vibe on him. Although if he's playing for town to win, I hope he goes back to his more aggressive playstyle.

No views really on the rest. People need to get in and post more (or at all in some cases) myself included.

And all noted 

We can't let this go to random... Most comfortable with a Cloud or Basel vote right now as they would provide the most information. I don't feel I have enough info to paint anyone as a firm scum read though.

Restate: don’t want a random, no one scum for sure yet but will vote for information.

Based on the interactoin that followed I’m feeling decent about both him and Turin at this point... And THAT makes me suspicious *watches both of them closer*

I kind of agree with BG here (stated similar before)

Post #4

Mmk

Turin’s pinging me but then again he always does (did? Been a while) Seems like very aggressive play so far..
Agressive how? What about it pings exactly?
Stop bringing up shtuffs from other games, it confuses me!

Okay, other people being faintly suspish for me… Basel, Cloud, Heart. My FoS was hovering more strongly in Talya’s direction before, but she got a little quiet toward the end here… I still don’t like how she seemed to be subtly but rather certainly defending peoples there. So she's less suspicious to you now that she got a lot of attention for it and has since fallen silent? (And I think I remember her mentioning real life stuff, but even so...)
Darthe… err, I think I’ve actually seen him as a bomb before.. XD and he almost ‘sploded. Or did…don’t remember. Anyhoo, not getting a ping or a pong off him but let’s be careful here. Only orcs are messy. XD Remember that scene where they eat Grishnak- oh, game, a’right.
Kronos’ vote…uhh, I dunno. I haven’t played mafia with him before so I don’t know his style, for all I know he could often make up his mind like this. But it could be…
And I’mma keep an eye on those who sprung on him for that immediately, too. I’m not getting any real scummy vibe off Dap for now, but… hmmm.
Noted

Will need to interact more and get my own feel of the game before I decide *nod* Is plenty time yet, right?

Fair enough. We didn’t have a countdown at that point. Still can draw things from others’ interactions with each other.

Patience, grasshoppers.  The scum will come, with time.

And you will help achieve this by claiming miller and not looking at much else that is going on in the game. Mmmhmmm.

I agree with Kronos that Dice looks scummy and I don´t understand why everyone agrees with Player that it was a scummy vote. A lot of people has called out Dice for his scummy play but when Kronos votes him people gets suspicious of him instead.Fair enough
Fos all of you. Especially RTE who is fencesitting and just following others. 

Unvote. Vote Dice

Because of the same reason as has been stated before - trying to make Cloud look scummy without saying it and linking Darthe-Basel.

AH confuses me. I thought I understood her vote for Basel (that´s one of the reasons I agreed with her) but appearantly she had some other reason for voting Basel. I don´t understand what that reason was. And now she keeps the vote because it will be an informative lynch and connects him with Cloud, me, Turin and Talya. Talk about linking people. 
Apparently I see something in that post that no one else sees? It’s making me start to question my sanity a bit... The little I thought I had left.
Even so, information from all of you can be gained from his lynch at this point I feel.

I did not understand Lessa´s post. And I mean that literally.

RTE, why are you still voting cloud? Why do you think he gives more information than Kronos?

Kronos what did you think about RTE's list of thoughts? Most specifically about AH being the most useful to date.

Two very interesting questions. Any certain reason for that specification at the end?

I'm totally not seeing any possible link between myself and Darthe. FoS on those suggesting it, cause this is total grasping at straws.

Wasn't really feeling the Cloud stuff but his latest comments about EP are starting to sway me. 

EP has become the lynch pin for opportunistic play.  Cloud using him is suspicious.

How am I using EP by mentioning to Lessa that he tends to joke around in games? Also, can you please clarify what pings from my comments about EP? I also noticed that you ignored Basel when he mentioned "grasping at straws" in his post above you. I remember you saying in the Hunger Games Mafia game that you tend to get pings from players who mention "flailing" or "grasping at straws", etc because you find it an easy way for mafia to provide an explanation without any real reason attached to them. So why have you decided to ignored Basel's comment?
And we’re back to other games

AH confuses me. I thought I understood her vote for Basel (that´s one of the reasons I agreed with her) but appearantly she had some other reason for voting Basel. I don´t understand what that reason was. And now she keeps the vote because it will be an informative lynch and connects him with Cloud, me, Turin and Talya. Talk about linking people. 

Heart wasn't the one linking people, it was Basel when he linked you and me together saying that we are mafia buddies. 
Well I did say that I could get info on all of you from that. Excellent tunnelvision

I'm very sure that Basel is mafia and you guys would make a great decision by also voting for him. Even if you aren't sure that he's scum, his lynch would by far provide the most info to the game. I also have a good town read on Heart and I agree with almost everything she has said so far.

You’re really pushing hard for Basel. Your thoughts on others?
Gee thanks. I feel like a lot of this post has changed that though :P

Deadline set

So, heres a thought I sat on.

Someone reveals Miller.  

Mafia maybe goes omg easy lynch!
or.. what else would mafia do?  I know what two plays are viable here.  You either regretfully lynch me or..
you hold off, argue against lynching me saying this means im almost certain town.  then you never NK me.  Never attack me, just let me sit around aware that I'll never gain too much credibility because each day that I live works against me.  We get to lylo and whose the convenient lynch?  The one that claimed Miller, clearly.  I must have been lying.

You guys need to stop being stupid and lynch the damn miller.  Every day I live without your utmost confidence is foolishness, and you need to examine the second-fourth people who chimed in on me being very likely town etc.  That is the good scum move, especially from experienced players.

Tunnel vision on himself. Really seems to want to be lynched as we are to suspect some of those who appear to believe him.
You can also do what the rest of us do and try to appear credible through your play and actions and try to figure out who actually IS scum with your time instead of just running toward death without contributing anything more than avoiding the situation above and losing a town player “less valuable” than a cop or doc or such. Others thoughts on you? Oh yes, that can tell us some about them. Your thoughts on others are just as valuable, if not more because if you are town they are possibly more grounded.

Given the way Darthe has  been playing the past few games I've been with him in, I'm thinking he's trying to teach us younger mafia players different strategies.

Meta-ish defense?

Just tried catching up really quick, was skimming tho so I'll have to reread tomorrow.

AH and Dice have def risen up my scumdar. Still think the case on Basel is weak. Ignoring Darthe's claim cause he tends to always wanna make day 1 just about him if he has some kind of juicy role, it's an EP-like move that I don't like so I'm putting it aside for now. Quit bringing it up Darthe.

I still think Talya's "there's prob mafia amongst all those involved" is EASILY the biggest ping of the game. Really surprised there isn't more heat on her.

So no one else sees the Basel thing. I still see it and it is still pingy to me!!!
Heh. Kind of like the rest of that paragraph though in a joking aggravated way. Ignoring him is not a good idea but he can talk about something besides being Miller I think.
Yes, that is a ping. Anything else you don’t like about her?

Given the way Darthe has  been playing the past few games I've been with him in, I'm thinking he's trying to teach us younger mafia players different strategies.

No.

Interesting....

Not going to break this quote because it’s long and this post is getting REALLY long and I’m getting lazy, but peace retorts Cloud and votes Darthe on the grounds that he should let his play determine his alignment and WIFOM=poison pill.
@Peace--So you don’t feel that he’s pushing to be lynched?

The thing is, I agree that lynching a claimed miller, esp early in the game, is kinda the only safe option. The problem is, pushing a quick lynch on him today means (if he flips town) that there won't be a chance to truly apply any pressure to anyone else today, which takes away opportunities to judge reactions, collect info, and generally have a productive day 1.

I have made my thoughts known about lynching ANYONE quickly day 1 many times before, its just not that good of an idea. And Darthe wouldn't even be a good info lynch either, it would really just bog us down and delay our scumhunting.

IMO, Darthe should have either claimed day 2 if he was going to claim, or not acted so impatient to get himself lynched when some of us were still trying to apply pressure to others. Just because a decision is logical doesn't make it the best decision for that moment.

THIS!!!!!!
(Am I actually agreeing with Des? I feel like that used to never happen...)
Piano seems to agree in the next post...

I’m not sure how to feel about Panchi in this interaction...

I am trying to decide if voting now on Darthe is good or not. If the train builds up, I would vote but for now I am not voting for anyone.

So you'd vote if other people were doing it?

Nice

Yup. Day 1 never makes sense to me. I will let experience people build train and pick one which sounds most plausible. Hey, one has to start somewhere!

I feel like she’s using the “uncertain newbie” thing a little too much.

[insert Des miller post]

I think that Darthe did right to claim right away. I agree that we need to kill him but a quick lynch isn´t good at day 1. 

Darthe - could you tell us what you think about people instead of just advocating your own lynch.

Just wanted to note this. Stuck out to me for some reason.
Also, @Tina--thanks for the explanation in the in this post. That actually is interesting...

Here's the thing. If he's scum, he probably isn't going to say or do anything that can tie him to anyone very easily. As soon as he shares opinions, he's likely to get lynched as an information vote, a town player annoucing miller that wants to be lynched would want to scumhunt as much as possible to give the town clean reliable opinions after death.

"But BG, what about the WIFOM casings?" you may ask....

Well, so long as he remains an island, people generally won't lynch him because it "provides no info." If he tries to disseminate wifom info before getting lynched, he's much more likely to get lynched.

As you can see, Darthe is not casing anyone or providing much in the way of opinions on what else is going on.

So why is he running headlong into the lynch? Simply to seem like the good self-sacrificing townie and to not get lynched?
I see what you’re saying here, but something weird is going on.

@Lessa--thanks for providing this. I'd forgotten that and didn't know what you were referring to. He didn’t exactly say that Darthe “shouldn’t” be lynched, just not right now.
And in the next post she says that she finds them both scummy. Holds merit I suppose. Could be a gambit.

XD nice, Womby.

Umm...heh. I itch to vote something or make a bit of an effort to find a persuadingly scummy vibe from someone, but I ain't feelin it yet.

Darthe's claiming from the start, and as someone pointed out before, little on his behalf by the way of scumhunting, seems off to me. But I wanna say be careful... I'm very edgy around Darthe and bombs being mentioned in the same line XD

Hmmm....

What about the other trains going on? Who is pinging or seeming slightly scummy to you? Also interesting that you can’t find one person to possibly place a vote on yet.
Peace also suspects

Welcome to the game Tiink!

YOU
I could have sworn someone called me out for mentioning you in particular in one of my past posts, but I didn’t notice it again so I’ll say this now (and this is based off of memory because I’m too lazy to go back right now):
Hallia came in, joke voted Kronos, had another random post or two, pointed out that Basel was the third vote, disappears for a while, and then is apparently abreast enough in the game to welcome Tiink but doesn’t give her opinion on anything, then later here she’ll change her vote to Basel without giving much more of an explanation other than his recent vote change didn’t “sit well with” her and still not many thoughts on anything else going on.
Hello dear. I love you, but care to give us posts with thoughts? Doesn’t have to be as long as rambly as some (*cough*MINE*cough*) but some thoughts would be nice.
And as I also said somewhere else, she wasn’t the only one (Panchi was another) but she was one of the ones doing it the most.

Post #5

Nyan explains herself, Des really doesn’t like Tayla but doesn’t seem to think others have found her scummy (others have, just not as much as you have), Tiink however doesn’t think she’s that bad and adds to the Darthe train... Because it would have been useful for him to actively commit the days he was alive? He hasn’t today, so what does that mean? I’m not following you there Tiink.

I REALLY don't like the darthe lynch. It makes me nervous. He is TOO eager to be lynched and it doesn't make sense.

Still with you on this.
Your thoughts on who to vote instead? Still like Basel? Why to both?

I'm here I swear. Got all moved and interview and stuff yesterday and today I just kind of collapsed in a ball of blaaaaaaaah. 

Will do in depth analytical-type catch up tomorrow, but for now based on the skimming type read I just did

I REALLY don't like the darthe lynch. It makes me nervous. He is TOO eager to be lynched and it doesn't make sense.

This is how I'm feeling too...

What is the worst that can happen?  Maybe a bomb?  Well it will happen at some point anyway.

A solo win jester thing?  Who cares.  Jester roles are dumb and it never feels like a real victory anyway.  The game goes on.

So...please point out the down side here other than lynching a town player that carries a butt load of wifom?

Actually games can end if a jester solo wins sometimes. Or maybe it’s an anti-bomb like I wanted to have in my game. It is possible to have non-traditional roles. Or maybe something else. I don’t know what exactly is going on all I know is that I REALLY don’t like it and we can find someone who we are more certain is mafia and get some actual thoughts off of Darthe first. He’s still an island sort of at this point. No one really knows what to do with him and there’s either “lynch him because he’s possibly a miller” or “don’t lynch him because he’s possibly a miller.” No one is saying anything based on his play and so we don’t have as much info to game.
And he is still far too eager.
I don’t like it. 

Look, some of you want my impressions, some of you want me to leave the thread alone, some of you want me more involved and some less.  I can't help the nature of my role but to act like im being a prat for revealing or using it is bullshat to me and I'm not going to be able and effectively do what I need to until the town comes to some definitive consensus here.  I have an obligation here to assure my own death however I can, you all recognize that don't you?  

I'll case others once this little relevant snag gets worked out.

So you’ll case others after you get lynched?
(Peace and Tina also notice/comment on the last part)

Des stop this; you’re making me like you :P

I really like Talya here. A lot of what she said rings with my opinions.
Then votes Basel based on “buddying” overreactions on his part.

Piano no likes Talya. Talya responds (actually still am more with Talya here... *WATCH CLOSELY*)
Then she goes back to saying she wasn’t defending ever when there was some soft defending that I can recall...

Ooooo Piano summerizes (hey I found where someone called out me mentioning Hallia in particular). The Des-Tal part is interesting.... Will respond to the part you quoted me in directly

Then AH posted this. I didn't even realise it but god it punches you with scummy *Shrug* comes with playing rusty I suppose. Doing my best to get and analyze info
(It was in reply to basels quote that I quoted. Glad I did now)

1) we now can get info on Tayla through a Basel lynch. weird bit of linking, why not just go for Talya? Far more likely mafia IMO (I seem to be casing you am awful lot Talya, that makes me nervous) Becuase I feel more strongly for Basel, and I also really don’t like changing a serious vote until I feel very certain of who I need to change it to. Basel seems scummy to me, and if we can get info from others based on it then that just adds to it for me.
2) It IS possible for her to not get where either of the posts are coming from. She can not understand Basel’s vote on Cloud and also not understand my vote on Basel; just because you don’t get someone’s vote doesn’t mean you’re against them in everything. So that seems like another stretch in reasoning to me. defends Talya Sees where she could be coming from and stating it is possible. She still is a bit squirmy to me
Now, building theories like this is a part of the game, and might be totally viable. At the same time, I’m comfortable leaving my vote where it is for now.
Also, you question me on my vote/reasoning, yet I didn’t notice you ever question Tina for following me in that? She said she didn’t like your vote as well but she also “totally agreed” with my post.
Actually... the last paragraph of this post seems oddly familiar...
There is something going on around here. I’m sticking where I am.
something, something going on. Specifics are better. I the future be more specific what she said at the end and what he had said above where similar. Can’t quite remember where I was going with that, but it was interesting.
Also, there’s a few people popping their heads in without really saying anything about what’s going on in the game... Hallia’s the main one that comes to mind but I feel like there were others too. Any thoughts guys? weird that you pick Hally as well. I see a potential WOT around you. But not today I said there’d been others too. I think Hallia had posted recently or something. Why is it interesting that I should notice her? She was the one that had been doing it the most to my memory

My thoughts in blue
Mine in green

I'm starting to get the feeling the Cloud train is losing steam. I'm going to switch to my second choice. Unvote, vote Talya.

Vote change seeming in favor of consolidation in light of imposing deadline. 

I don't think the Darthe train is going to congeal today unfortunately judging by the attitudes displayed. I'm not comfortable with the Cloud, Talya, and Basel lynches quite yet.

Unvote Vote Dice

This is the only one I feel I can support at this time other than Darthe since nobody is voting Panchi.

Ok

And then Hallia’s post which I mentioned earlier.

AND DONE

....Now to summarize  all of that....

Darthe you are being very annoying

Not even annoying, a tool

Yes, he is being worse than me...

And after all that.. the case on Talya still doesn't make any sense. 

If that was a defense for Basel, then that was the most pathetic defense in the entire world. As for the rest of your post Desp, sorry mate I just don't see it. 

read at the bottom why Talya is the way to vote.

Eternal Phoenix, on 21 May 2013 - 6:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Things are starting to pick up a bit, I agree with you Dap that that was an opportunistic vote, however I'm going to keep my vote on Talya for the moment. I'm seeing a whole lot of finger pointing going around but some of it just seems like paranoid panicking. So far the only 2 to really stand out in this mess to me are Talya and Kronos.

Can you give your thoughts on why?

Ok the multicolored there is copy-pasted from Heart's WoT (for some reason it came up showing Tiinker said what I was quoted saying)

Now I explained the Kronos side in the post itself, and Talya I made a little case on her very early in the game. She was mass defending, and deflecting all suspicion I threw at her.

Tl;dr sum up (which is still long XD )

Suspicious
Basel
--I still don’t like him. That first vote was grasping at straws in my opinion, he was the third vote on Cloud based off of the “joke.” He also has had very aggressive responses to anyone that has stood against him and has seem focused only on that in a lot of posts.

Cloud
--Didn’t seem to like that we were analyzing joke votes to try to find scum. What else are we supposed to do at the beginning? Is sure to say he puts no strategy into his joke votes and seems to want us to ignore stuff from past games. Very reactive. There was the joke vote itself. He also seems to have tunnelvision on Basel. Also is only focusing on stuff which relates to him and votes on him, not really looking at what else is in the game

Darthe
--I don’t trust Darthe one but and I don’t like how he’s throwing himself at dying and he seems to be trying to draw attention to himself rather than hunt scum on D1 which makes me even more suspicious and I just do not like this one bit. See posts 2 and 4 for more info.

Somewhat Suspicous
Tina
--Tina has seemed to be with me on a lot of things, but there have been a few posts that just haven’t sat right with me for one reason or another. The whole “clearly a joke vote” then “of course I can’t know for sure” is going to bug me. An interaction with her and Basel caught my eye.

BG
--I’ve liked some of his posts, but I don’t like how he was the first one to run at the Darthe lynch. After Darthe started pushing for it more himself, BG seemed to post about other things. I really don’t like how aggressive he was at first and then that seemed to drop off.
I also just naturally don’t ever trust BG ;)
Question: Are you simply not convinced that Cloud and Basel are scum, or are you thinking they are town? Your opinion on the cases against them?

Talya
--Some very pingy posts, but I’ve also liked a couple of things. There was the whole soft defense thing and the “mafia around this” comment, but I can also see where she was possibly just looking for clarification and others took it the wrong way.

Not sure
Peace
Don’t remember much besides that he’s also been pushing for a Darthe lynch. Which makes me look at him in a bit of a bad light but I liked something about his posts....

Piano
Has been driving a lot with conversations. Don’t remember too much that stood out in particular, just a lot of things that I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

Kronos
His delayed vote on Dice is interesting, but not enough for me to condemn him. He’s been rather quiet besides that. Seems to defend Darthe at one point.

Dice
I remember other people calling his posts confused and disjointed. I actually don’t remember too many of his posts in particular. He didn’t really know on a lot of things I think.

Firebird
Is talking a lot without giving too many thoughts. I don’t care if it’s his meta, he can disclose a little more information, especially before he complains about the game becoming stagnant.
I understand that real life happens. It’s been keeping me away too. Can still be a little more in depth with your opinions.

Des
--There was the inconsistency with him thinking my vote was drawing attention away but ignoring others potentially doing the same. I’ve agreed with a few things he’s said but other things he seems to be going a bit far. REALLY doesn’t like Tayla.

Townish maaaaaaaaaaaybe?
Turin
I’ve liked some of his posts and have had a few good feelings about him (which means I need to watch him closely). Had a few questions for him:
What made you instantly assume that Cloud’s vote wasn’t a joke?
Also what is in [url=http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/82058-lord-of-the-rings-mafia-advanced-mafia-day-1/?p=2913415]this post]
In addition, you asked these:
“RTE, why are you still voting cloud? Why do you think he gives more information than Kronos?
Kronos what did you think about RTE's list of thoughts? Most specifically about AH being the most useful to date.”
Why the specification at the end? Actually... Why the second?

Need to post more:
Nyan
--Hasn’t been here much, but when she gets caught up she has commitment issues. Would like more on who she thinks is scummy and why. Possibly scummy.

Nolirion
Only recall him posting a couple of times and don’t remember anything remarkable about any of his posts...

RTE
Kind of fence sitting. Likes my posts. Hasn’t been around much. Have a good feeling. Maaaaaaybe town?

Hallia
See the rant in post number four. Has posted quite a bit without saying much of anything. I would like some more substantial thoughts.

Ley
Ley’s in this game?

Tiinker
Only posted once, it was game related and I think I liked it.

Lessa
Hasn’t been around much. Thinks both Cloud and Basel are scum. Maaaybe town?

Tigraine
Has only posted twice that I could think of/noticed. Neither were very long or specific, but I like what she DID say in both of them. Would like to hear more. Maaaaaybe town?

Pankuri
Has posted many times noting her confusion, once posting thoughts, and maybe a few other game related ones. Is really relying on the “newbie confusion” in my opinion. Scum?

Thorkin
He’s posted once to say he’s here I think?

I am going to go do something with my life now. Am NOT doing anything nearly that long EVER again.
Thank God rl friends are going to be around after this weekend XD

The only awful thing here is you seriously voting for me. 

My vote was just a joke vote.

Or was it, joke votes can cleverly hide a strategy

A lot of people hopped on Basel, but EP also initially furthered the idea that the joke vote was more than it was.  Perhaps feeding a townie's paranoia?

Cloud seems to be overreacting a bit and getting defensive over just a couple of votes. Vote Cloud.

What got me initially suspicious of Basel.  But rereading really took less some of that away, and dosed it further towards than him.

Here's the thing. If he's scum, he probably isn't going to say or do anything that can tie him to anyone very easily. As soon as he shares opinions, he's likely to get lynched as an information vote, a town player annoucing miller that wants to be lynched would want to scumhunt as much as possible to give the town clean reliable opinions after death.

"But BG, what about the WIFOM casings?" you may ask....

Well, so long as he remains an island, people generally won't lynch him because it "provides no info." If he tries to disseminate wifom info before getting lynched, he's much more likely to get lynched.

As you can see, Darthe is not casing anyone or providing much in the way of opinions on what else is going on.

I was originally pretty against the Darthe lynch straightaway, but now I kind of want to get it out of the way so we can stop the bickering over it.

Unvote

Vote Darthe

*is afraid of the upcoming posts* >.>

I'm trying my best to catch up and stuff.

Hahaha read my posts to catch up? :P

*nod* Doing my best with my allotted breaktimes here at work, since I am not able to get on at home until the Cloudflare can be defeated once more.

Can still give your general thoughts on whats going on in snippit moments that you have. Don't always have to have a wall of quote (not that I seem to realize that *rolls eyes at self*)

Now I explained the Kronos side in the post itself, and Talya I made a little case on her very early in the game. She was mass defending, and deflecting all suspicion I threw at her.

Didn't recall. Will have to maybe look back some time. Can still give thoughts more often :P

WAIT I NEED TO REANALYZE MY VOTE!!!!!!

Am NOT voting Darthe. 

Cloud I'm feeling less sure of. Given that he has tunnelvision on Basel, and Basel's own reactions to things, I think that I actually don't need to change my vote. Might read through this again later when I'm not brainfried and rethink that.

XD you're welcome Piano. How have you been? I feel like I rarely see you anymore 

Turin

I’ve liked some of his posts and have had a few good feelings about him (which means I need to watch him closely). Had a few questions for him:

What made you instantly assume that Cloud’s vote wasn’t a joke? He tried to provide in game reasoning to a vote. This is a common way for mafia to either vote someone they just wish to kill or to camp their vote on someone for the purpose of consolidating. To me it did not have the same vein as the rest of the "joke" votes. That was why I quoted all the joke votes up to that point in the game. The tone felt wrong to me. If he would stop saying things that ping I might think him town now due to the people on his train. I have had some doubts about them also.

Also what is in this post] It was mostly what was in the first big thoughts post. I will try to find it and see if I can get thru coding it on mobile version. The two things about that post that bother me some are that you clearly referred to Cloud's vote as a joke. Your initial response about it did not seem to take it as anything other than a joke. Then later said that you were unsure of CLoud, not if his vote was a joke. Then in the post you just linked changed your position IMO. That it was very similar to what Tina did made me suspicious. That you yourself have said that Tina was suspicious for doing just that makes me question a little more.

In addition, you asked these:

“RTE, why are you still voting cloud? Why do you think he gives more information than Kronos?
Kronos what did you think about RTE's list of thoughts? Most specifically about AH being the most useful to date.”

Why the specification at the end? RTE is one of the people I have doubts about. I didn't like his big thoughts post very much at all. I wanted to get Kronos' take on RTE's opinions. His calling your posts the most useful town things of the game seemed to be buddying up to you. There were a few other things I didn't really like either. There seems to be some similarity to the words used in his and other's posts with regard to certain people. I don't know if there is anything there yet or not but I would like to hear opinions about bold statements like that.

Actually... Why the second?

I think those two questions are linked. Did I answer it sufficiently? If not then please clarify what you are asking.

I'm starting to get the feeling the Cloud train is losing steam. I'm going to switch to my second choice. Unvote, vote Talya.

This doesn't sit well with me.  It just seems like you're content to vote whatever's easiest.  Oh, that one's not working, let's hop to the next one.

Unvote

Vote Basel

Believing someone (let's say Cloud) to be scum is useless if you can't convince enough people. Talya and Cloud are both on my scum list, but I think Tlya's train seems more likely to actually result in a lynch. If my efforts to get someone (like Cloud) that I find pingy aren't going anywhere, then I'm not doing any good to town by sticking with it all the way to the end of the phase.

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

Dice(3): WBK, Tina, BG

Cloud(3): RTE, Turin, Lessa

Basel(4): AH, Tigs, Cloud, Talya

Talya(4): EP, Despo, Dap, Basel

Darthe(4): Darthe, Peace, Tiink, Hally

Not Voting(5): Nya, Ley, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeandda...ngs Mafia Day 1

Just a little less than a day to achieve a lynch.

Personnllay on the Darht thing ui agree...it's jsut more getting on my nerves more than anythign else.  But speed lynch gives no inofo.

The other trains

Tayla - being buddy buddy it's been stated. Soft defenses and what not.

Basel - didn't understand his case at first but AH's wo t has calraified a bit.  Dont' like his switch to tayla beacause it's not getting steam seems kinda conventient.

I'm still good with voting dice...i think his post about linking darthe and basel was werind and dind't make any sense at all.  Have heard little from him snece

Some people need to come and post more - specifically these people.

Need to post more:
Nyan
--Hasn’t been here much, but when she gets caught up she has commitment issues. Would like more on who she thinks is scummy and why. Possibly scummy.

Nolirion
Only recall him posting a couple of times and don’t remember anything remarkable about any of his posts...

RTE
Kind of fence sitting. Likes my posts. Hasn’t been around much. Have a good feeling. Maaaaaaybe town?

Hallia
See the rant in post number four. Has posted quite a bit without saying much of anything. I would like some more substantial thoughts.

Ley
Ley’s in this game?

Tiinker
Only posted once, it was game related and I think I liked it.

Lessa
Hasn’t been around much. Thinks both Cloud and Basel are scum. Maaaybe town?

Tigraine
Has only posted twice that I could think of/noticed. Neither were very long or specific, but I like what she DID say in both of them. Would like to hear more. Maaaaaybe town?

Pankuri
Has posted many times noting her confusion, once posting thoughts, and maybe a few other game related ones. Is really relying on the “newbie confusion” in my opinion. Scum?

Thorkin
He’s posted once to say he’s here I think?

Willing to go dice or basel

Archived