DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

I half think its overreacting and half think that it is quite serious

It seems to me that Panchi likes to stay out of the game. I know she is new but I can't say I like her current play. You can never learn how to play Mafia if you don't take the risk of sharing your opinion with everyone else and possibly getting lynched with doing so. You shouldn't be afraid to make mistakes and die in this game, because it's the only way to learn how to play :)

Tina  I didnt jump on Cloud I explained some reasoning why others might have. 

So darthe if we lynch basel and he flips town are you volunteering to be next?

You didn't jump on my train, but you did take your time explaining why voting for me was a valid response to the current situation. I also don't like how you are setting up lynches by saying that if we lynch Basel and he flips town that we should go after Darthe. Minor FoS.

Ping? That's all you have to say, AH? Precisely how does this ping for you? I think that Cloud is scum. He made a fake joke vote, one that was meant to look like a joke but still managed to contain a case. Subtle planting of suspicion couched in a joke vote is pingy. As for my comment about the undead army, I thought Turin might be trying to drop a small hint on Kronos. So really, tell me, where is the ping?

Ok so I'm pretty sure that Basel is mafia. The main reason being that he thinks that I'm scum because of a joke vote. No matter how you decide to read it, I won't believe that you have such a sure scum read on anyone who just made his first post in a game ( and I really doubt you know my meta so it becomes even less likely). He has also obviously skimmed over my explanation of the joke in reply to Despo's case on me. 

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works I went out of my way to explain to Turin why his strategy doesn't always work, as can be seen in the previous BT Mafia game where he also cased Mish for her joke vote on me, and she was town., I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Nobody asked me how my vote was a joke at the beginning of the game, everyone was just happy to ignore my explanation and jump on an easy train instead. Personally, I don't see the joke. Fair enough.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post. Yeah that's part of EP's meta.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud. I agree. 

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

Lessa: he wasn't making a case of his own, but he commented on Turin's case by saying it was a good one. In other words, he tried to pass it off as a joke vote while at the same time working serious thought into it. A real joke vote doesn't contain anything serious, it's just plain silly.

Like I already said, the "case" was part of the joke. I never put serious thought into my joke votes, and I meant it to be silly, but obviously some people here fail to understand that.

@ EP - there is a club that you could join. Their mission is to complain about how people play, saying they will never play on DM again, then come back only to play one game while complaining over the play here and that they will never play here again, then coming back to play just one game... I think it´s nice that we have this club to remind us how bad DM mafia is and I´m happy that they deigns to play with us bad mafia player a little know and then.

So true :laugh:

I want to apply for president of that club. I never understood mafia and here I am. Maybe slight alteration needed in that club.

Ignore me while I try to make sense of what is happening

I'm sorry but I won't be ignoring you this game. Feel free to post your thoughts on what is happening.

Talya's defense of me is funny-looking. It doesn't read as town legitimately guessing who is scum. She claims she thinks there's nothing wrong with what Cloud was saying, and then says there have to be mafia "amongst all those involved". And in the same post, she says that she doesn't get why AH is getting pings off me. These don't go together. I'm going to guess that she is trying to defend Cloud and work against the train on her teammate, while building some town cred by defending me, cause she knows I'm not scum. So right now, Talya and Cloud are on my mafia list. I'm not sure who else would be on there yet, but either of these two would be a good bet for today IMO.

Meantime, AH has yet to come back and explain her vote. She claimed the most could be gained through a vote on me, without explaining that thought beyond one word: "ping." Yeah, that's some really good casing there. AH, I'm calling you out, if you're listening.

Again you seem to be very sure that I'm scum based on my first post this game. I can in no way believe that you are town.

I stick with my opinion that cloud was opportunistic in his "joke" vote. Also he was very defensive when called on it. Stated that it was worthless when it has been shown to net mafia. And he employed it himself in a recent game. Do you guys even read my posts at all? I wasn't the one employing it in Darthe's game. Also you really like to ignore you failing to catch scum with the same strategy in the last game don't you? Then tried to shove whole thing under rug by just declaring it a joke. It was always meant to be a joke and I didn't think I needed to write it out for everyone to understand, but apparently I was mistaken. 

That several have defended him either by just saying it was obvious joke, or going after Basel for voting him. Now Basel could well be mafia. I don't know his alignment, but the people voting him for his cloud vote are not using good logic IMO. They'd not know clouds alignment, or shouldn't.

So Tina, AH, Talya how do you know cloud was just joking? 

Basel has history of saying or doing things that make him an easy lynch if pushed hard. I was the one that started that discussion and am the one holding onto it in your words. So why not me?

I listened exactly to what you said. You changed your stance IMO. I am calling you on it. I would still rather lynch Cloud ATM, but you are a viable lynch also in my mind.

BTW Cloud, In that other game you took enough heat on D1 to need to pull that excellent Doc claim to get out of it. I was pulling heat in the other game because I was trying my best to get Ithi lynched, and I was also defending Mish like crazy and I couldn't back off at the end. I don't see how these two situations are comparable. I do find it amusing that you are reminding everyone of my fake Doc claim again and with it limit my ability to claim this game.

@Darthe, how do you always get the shady roles?

You know what - that link makes no sense to me.

unvote, vote dice

You didn't put your vote where your mouth is; you never even mentioned Dice before.

Vote Basel

I would also be happy to vote for Kronos.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is my saying that EP likes to joke around in mafia game defending him? I haven't even commented on his play. 

Oh I just noticed that his previous post was in reply to Dice. Hmm it still seems to be opportunistic, but way less scummy.

Oh yeah I forgot to comment on the Darthe thing. I knew I failed to mention a couple of things. I will do the rest tomorrow. 

I see no reason to lynch him now without his play being scummy. It's good that he revealed though and I agree with his logic. I think I have seen him do the same thing before in the Calvin & Hobbes game.

Why do you defend EP?

Also Kronos did mention dice two posts before his vote, that's why I think he is scummy. So don't get your last comment really

I didn't really know what you were talking about with the first part of this post

Lessa comes out and says she thinks EP is worth noting for his jokiness and sometimes serious posts, you comment on it saying "DW about it, that's just his meta"

You are deflecting that for him

Then you post this, I ignored Lessa's post only because she obviously hasn't played with me since the mistborn game. (My first game) Why cloud says anything about my meta though is beyond me. I have not played near enough games with cloud for him to have ANY meta reads on me. "Joke vote" aside I could vote Cloud based on that, I however didn't catch it til you brought it up Dap so take it how you will.

Lessa comes out and says she thinks EP is worth noting for his jokiness and sometimes serious posts, you comment on it saying "DW about it, that's just his meta"

You are deflecting that for him

I don't find her comment on him liking to joke around important enough to consider my explanation to be deflecting, if that makes any sense to you. 

@ EP - there is a club that you could join. Their mission is to complain about how people play, saying they will never play on DM again, then come back only to play one game while complaining over the play here and that they will never play here again, then coming back to play just one game... I think it´s nice that we have this club to remind us how bad DM mafia is and I´m happy that they deigns to play with us bad mafia player a little know and then.

btw, Ithi wants to give you 5 points for this. :smile:

basically I dont trust either BG or Darthe as players. They are both capable of pulling gambits and fake role claims.  I probably made a mess of what i was thinking but thats not real surprising at the mo.

Im leaning towards cloud now after this last little run of comments but i also want to go look at WBK and see what Daps talking about when he refers to the talya thing.

Will be on in the morning briefly but tomorrow night im going to see the Addams family musical  so may not get on after work or if i do it will be real \quick as i wont get home til like midnight

Cloud vote thing- I think it was a bit of a joke with got some reaction. At first it didn't look weird but too much and too hard reaction makes me a bit suspicious

Heart's vote on Basel makes no sense.

Darthe's claim is better at this point than later in game.

Talya seems to take both sides. Defending while accepting that it could be true. A bit suspicious but nothing more at this stage.

Tina's defence of cloud seems a tad too hard and she seems to defend kind of everyone

dice makes a connection between basel and darthe which I don't think I understand

BG is pushing a bit too hard no Darthe

kronos votes dice over the miller thing(dice asked darthe if he would volunteer to be lynched if basel is town)

these are the things which jumped at me. I should have used quotes <.<

Concerning Cloud - I think that people are poking the Cloud joke vote situation with a stick to get the situation riled up to get reactions. I don't think the root of the matter is the joke vote whether real or not, I think that what we've seen since then is much more helpful. As such, I don't really think Basel or Cloud are too scummy looking to be honest. In fact:

I want to apply for president of that club. I never understood mafia and here I am. Maybe slight alteration needed in that club.

Ignore me while I try to make sense of what is happening

I'm sorry but I won't be ignoring you this game. Feel free to post your thoughts on what is happening.

This is one of the best things I've heard said so far.  Seems effective since Panchi just posted some thoughts, though a little jumbled to think through. Let me see if I can analyze Panchi's post.

Panchi thinks:

Suspicious:

AH

Cloud

Talya

Tina (a little bit)

Dice

BG

Not Suspicious:

Darthe

Wasn't sure if Panchi thought Kronos was suspicious for voting Dice or not.

So the one thing you seem to believe and not find suspicious in this game is the Miller claim of all things.

I posted everything which struck me as suspicious. Miller claim struck a little suspicious but I would rather concentrate on other things than miller claim. I only believe that it is better to know a miller now than if it is revealed later.

Archived