DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow this game stagnated fast... I do hope this isn't the norm for games now a days talya's defense of everyone that has gotten heat so far in this game is reasonably suspicious, I'm not liking it, I really hope this game picks up some momentum soon or this will be my last non DPR game on DM

Please show me where I have defended everyone. I'm just getting sick of the nit picking that has been going on in games, and cloud's stuff was one of them, funny how everyone pounces on something that I could see what cloud was saying.

It seems to me that for the most part Day 1s are always pretty quiet.

Bot usually, at least not the BT, usually we are far ahead than this. 

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

You softly defend Basel

You go as far to call people with cloud votes mafia (you use probably but whatever)

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

And so defending both, duely noted

When you are noting please also put down I like chocolate, milk chocolate not dark...thanks

You get snippy when confronted

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it.

You defend Darthe

@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning.

Ah, well, the opening post was a garbled mess when I saw it. And I wouldn't expect him to claim anyway. I'm just saying a third party miller claim would be a great fake claim even if he weren't mafia.

He could well be, but I would rather go for Mafia than go for third party at this stage. There is another option for Miller (and a town one)...if you think about it you might get there. 

You do seem to be pushing hard on this.

And go for BG for not agreeing with Darthe being town

(Has merit but its still defending)

So don't say you don't defend when it takes me an add break to find the quotes

Now I'm casing in another game

Good day

@ EP - there is a club that you could join. Their mission is to complain about how people play, saying they will never play on DM again, then come back only to play one game while complaining over the play here and that they will never play here again, then coming back to play just one game... I think it´s nice that we have this club to remind us how bad DM mafia is and I´m happy that they deigns to play with us bad mafia player a little know and then.

actually Darthe that was my way of asking if you were sure enough on Basel and saying that if i believed you and he flipped town I would immediately be sus of you and would vote you the next day.

Tina im not sure about the basel train. it has built fast but im not totally convinced.,

i am currently considering talyas posts.

im really not sure atm

Ok..back from cloudflare hell. 

Quick thoughts on my first scum/town impressions.  These aren't strong reads..just after a very fast catch up on the game.

Town:

BG

Darthe

Cloud

Scum:

EP

Talya

Dice

@ EP - there is a club that you could join. Their mission is to complain about how people play, saying they will never play on DM again, then come back only to play one game while complaining over the play here and that they will never play here again, then coming back to play just one game... I think it´s nice that we have this club to remind us how bad DM mafia is and I´m happy that they deigns to play with us bad mafia player a little know and then.

Yeah, I really didn't get why he said this game has stagnated... I think the action developed pretty quickly myself. EP, it is a drag to hear someone constantly threatening to quit mafia man. If you don't enjoy the game then don't sign up.

Or as I would say in WoW: Quit QQ'ing!

actually Darthe that was my way of asking if you were sure enough on Basel and saying that if i believed you and he flipped town I would immediately be sus of you and would vote you the next day.

Tina im not sure about the basel train. it has built fast but im not totally convinced.,

i am currently considering talyas posts.

im really not sure atm

Bolded doesn't really make sense, if you think it's possible Darthe is town and then would be willing to trust him, even if Basel flipped town it wouldn't really say much about Darthe. If he is town, then he doesn't know who is scum any more than any other townie. If Basel got enough votes to be lynched, it wouldn't be solely because of one person, unless that person said they had a guilty viewing on him or something.

It still just looks like you were trying to lay the tracks for a future lynch.

Des I really have no idea what to make of Darthe. Miller can be either town or mafia. If Basel flipped mafia  then id be willing to believe Darthe town. if he didnt not so much. Perhaps thats a bit lazy   hell it IS lazy but i dont have any real reads at this point

Talya's defense of me is funny-looking. It doesn't read as town legitimately guessing who is scum. She claims she thinks there's nothing wrong with what Cloud was saying, and then says there have to be mafia "amongst all those involved". And in the same post, she says that she doesn't get why AH is getting pings off me. These don't go together. I'm going to guess that she is trying to defend Cloud and work against the train on her teammate, while building some town cred by defending me, cause she knows I'm not scum. So right now, Talya and Cloud are on my mafia list. I'm not sure who else would be on there yet, but either of these two would be a good bet for today IMO.

Meantime, AH has yet to come back and explain her vote. She claimed the most could be gained through a vote on me, without explaining that thought beyond one word: "ping." Yeah, that's some really good casing there. AH, I'm calling you out, if you're listening.

This made me chuckle for some reason.

EBWOP, further note to Talya: it would have been more effective if you had chosen one or the other between defending me or attacking the case on Cloud. Doing both at once just comes off as awkward and contradictory, like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Des I really have no idea what to make of Darthe. Miller can be either town or mafia. If Basel flipped mafia  then id be willing to believe Darthe town. if he didnt not so much. Perhaps thats a bit lazy   hell it IS lazy but i dont have any real reads at this point

Miller is a town player that will look mafia to a cop. It´s a good fake claim but if you are a miller it´s always good to come out and say it right away. 

Can´t see the connection between Basel and Darthe. Keeping an eye on you. 

I stick with my opinion that cloud was opportunistic in his "joke" vote. Also he was very defensive when called on it. Stated that it was worthless when it has been shown to net mafia. And he employed it himself in a recent game. Then tried to shove whole thing under rug by just declaring it a joke.

That several have defended him either by just saying it was obvious joke, or going after Basel for voting him. Now Basel could well be mafia. I don't know his alignment, but the people voting him for his cloud vote are not using good logic IMO. They'd not know clouds alignment, or shouldn't.

So Tina, AH, Talya how do you know cloud was just joking?

Weird question. How can I know? Of course I can´t know for sure. It looks to me like it was a joke and that you are using it to make up a case. I use things like that sometimes just to start the game. But you are really serious about this? 

Wow this game stagnated fast... I do hope this isn't the norm for games now a days talya's defense of everyone that has gotten heat so far in this game is reasonably suspicious, I'm not liking it, I really hope this game picks up some momentum soon or this will be my last non DPR game on DM

Please show me where I have defended everyone. I'm just getting sick of the nit picking that has been going on in games, and cloud's stuff was one of them, funny how everyone pounces on something that I could see what cloud was saying.

It seems to me that for the most part Day 1s are always pretty quiet.

Bot usually, at least not the BT, usually we are far ahead than this. 

There you go, subtle defense

No, I'm not going to continuously complian, I just assumed the game would have more activity than it did, several hours and no new posts is kind of frustrating. I can't do anything if I'm here by myself...

Ok..back from cloudflare hell. 

Quick thoughts on my first scum/town impressions.  These aren't strong reads..just after a very fast catch up on the game.

Town:

BG

Darthe

Cloud

Scum:

EP

Talya

Dice

Lol you always think me mafia unless we're masons together, and then you still don't trust me.

1) I’ll be a little quiet for the next few days. Today I’m packing, tomorrow I’m moving back to school and also have a job interview

2) My last post

Okay, so nobody bit on that.

I'm a miller.

o.O

More on this later

I found this post scummy because it struck me as someone reaching to twist something out of a joking comment. How would Turin know that Kronos is town yet unless they were masons together or something? While that is possible, why would he draw out someone on his team like that? Or is something else going on?

It seemed like he was trying too hard to get something out of that and just really doesn’t feel right to me.

At the time I saw ways we can get info on Cloud and possibly on Turin from Basel’s lynch. Probably others now too as I catch up...

His vote on Cloud was somewhat grounded, but also might have been a tad premature or opportunistic.

Going on to Cloud, I’m still not entirely sure. Either way that vote was a mistake, but whether it was a mafia slip or a joke coming back to bite him, I’m not sure. He’s defensive, yes, but anyone would be in that situation.

Stop using the background Code and font code in general

It's really not needed and just makes quoting and editing your stuff a mess

That actually just comes automatically sometimes. It’s rather annoying >.>

Sorry guys had to read the thread and yeah the opening was a mess for me too

I truly don't understand the "jump on cloud" thing everyone has going on.  He could very well be scum but this all started with a joke vote

There are some people overreacting BIG TIME

I don't understand why Darthe jumped out with a miller claim but in this case I agree with Talya, he can get caught up in that later

vote Basel  that's a perfect place for scum to jump on a pointless lynching and still not seem suspicious

So you don’t see how that “joke vote” was slightly suspicious in nature?

Which overreactions are you referring to and what do you think about them?

And are you voting for Basel because of his vote then?

I don't understand the votes on me here. Especially this one.

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal:  :laugh:

The undead army fought on the side of the good guys. Are you saying that Kronos is town?

Ping

Ping? That's all you have to say, AH? Precisely how does this ping for you? I think that Cloud is scum. He made a fake joke vote, one that was meant to look like a joke but still managed to contain a case. Subtle planting of suspicion couched in a joke vote is pingy. As for my comment about the undead army, I thought Turin might be trying to drop a small hint on Kronos. So really, tell me, where is the ping?

Was Cloud even mentioned in the post that pinged? No. Did I say your vote on Cloud seemed suspicious in my last post? No. I noted it yes, but didn’t affirm or condemn you specifically for it. Interesting reaction.

As for the other, see above.

37162448.jpg

Tina  I didnt jump on Cloud I explained some reasoning why others might have. 

So darthe if we lynch basel and he flips town are you volunteering to be next?

I'm volunteering to be first.  You should always either wholly believe millers or lynch them right off.  Waiting when you intend to kill them is plain foolishness.  BG is plain wrong on his statistics, but regardless that is the best info I have to go on.

With that said, this post pings a lot to me.  That says to me "If we lynch this person and they're town you're good with us killing you too?"  It's too directly manipulative.

This post is giving me bomb vibes. I can see both sides of the miller kill arguement here, and the claim seeming mafiaish and all of that. Still, if you are Town, we should focus on catching mafia the first day and we can weed out other options besides you and gain information through interactions rather than just running into a speedlynch and a night kill.

Also, the post quoted is noteworthy. I’ve seen others like it from both sides in other games, but it doesn’t make it any less interesting.

I stick with my opinion that cloud was opportunistic in his "joke" vote. Also he was very defensive when called on it. Stated that it was worthless when it has been shown to net mafia. And he employed it himself in a recent game. Then tried to shove whole thing under rug by just declaring it a joke.

That several have defended him either by just saying it was obvious joke, or going after Basel for voting him. Now Basel could well be mafia. I don't know his alignment, but the people voting him for his cloud vote are not using good logic IMO. They'd not know clouds alignment, or shouldn't.

So Tina, AH, Talya how do you know cloud was just joking?

When did I EVER say that Cloud was joking? I said I was giving that a little more time to develop. And since then others have given their reactions to Cloud, but he’s not posted once, thus I’m giving that a little more exposure time.

Talya seems to be responding to those who are more aggressive the most and lightly commenting on everything. She does seem to be playing multiple sides of the field in a way. Heh, and considering the game is “Mafia” there’s possibly/probably mafia involved in nearly everything that’s going on... FoS at her. Not quite enough to make me vote switch yet.

And I just noticed something going back through

Talya's defense of me is funny-looking. It doesn't read as town legitimately guessing who is scum. She claims she thinks there's nothing wrong with what Cloud was saying, and then says there have to be mafia "amongst all those involved". And in the same post, she says that she doesn't get why AH is getting pings off me. These don't go together. I'm going to guess that she is trying to defend Cloud and work against the train on her teammate, while building some town cred by defending me, cause she knows I'm not scum. So right now, Talya and Cloud are on my mafia list. I'm not sure who else would be on there yet, but either of these two would be a good bet for today IMO.

Meantime, AH has yet to come back and explain her vote. She claimed the most could be gained through a vote on me, without explaining that thought beyond one word: "ping." Yeah, that's some really good casing there. AH, I'm calling you out, if you're listening.

1) we now can get info on Tayla through a Basel lynch.

2) It IS possible for her to not get where either of the posts are coming from. She can not understand Basel’s vote on Cloud and also not understand my vote on Basel; just because you don’t get someone’s vote doesn’t mean you’re against them in everything. So that seems like another stretch in reasoning to me.

Now, building theories like this is a part of the game, and might be totally viable. At the same time, I’m comfortable leaving my vote where it is for now.

Also, you question me on my vote/reasoning, yet I didn’t notice you ever question Tina for following me in that? She said she didn’t like your vote as well but she also “totally agreed” with my post.

Actually... the last paragraph of this post seems oddly familiar...

There is something going on around here. I’m sticking where I am.

Also, there’s a few people popping their heads in without really saying anything about what’s going on in the game... Hallia’s the main one that comes to mind but I feel like there were others too. Any thoughts guys?

DAP, 

Maybe one game you will not say you are willing to vote me, at least you are voting this game. 

Ooooooo I hate it when the coding screws up like that!!! And it only ever seems to happen with long important posts >.>

Unvote

Souvra! :happy:

Vote WBK

The first vote on Kronos

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

The joke vote on Kronos that everyone is reacting so strongly about

My first LotR game too!

Vote Cloud. Scumbag. :wub:

First vote on cloud is a joke

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal:  :laugh:

The undead army fought on the side of the good guys. Are you saying that Kronos is town?

Ping

It's actually a null tell as the Nazgul were pretty undead as well. They would NOT be town here. But no Character claims anyway so is a moot point.

unvote. vote Cloud

That was awful

Turin acknowledges that post but doesn’t seem to think anything of it

Cloud seems to be overreacting a bit and getting defensive over just a couple of votes. Vote Cloud.

A few Cloud defensive posts later Basel becomes the third vote on Cloud

Going to jump forward to the end Des’ post for a moment

I'm also slightly wary of AH and Tina. AH's vote could be seen as a subtle attempt at distracting from Cloud's train picking up momentum, and Tina's first post of the game just seemed scummy to me. Explaining her "joke vote" in the same post, as well as providing an excuse for possible future inactivity? I know she'll say I always find her scummy but I think she might be worth looking into as well.

The part about me I could see as a substantial reason to suspect me (though it was just a joke vote upon coming into the game) but I find it interesting that you made note of my post but didn’t look at the Piano/peace/bit of Panchi fluffiness that occurred right before you entered the game and also could have served as a distraction.
I feel like you’re reaching with the Tina bit. We all “explain” our joke votes, and if someone has cloudflare often, that’s something good for all of us to know.

I’m not sure whether I’m getting a scum vibe from Cloud or a freaked out Town vibe. I'm going to give that a little more time to develop. 

And at this time, I feel the most can be gained through this: Vote Basel

AH put 'ping' in this post about Basel, I asked what it was, in no way is this defending Basel, it was questioning her about what she had written. then says about getting the most information, this isn't a good reasoning. 

Archived