DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Light Vs Shadow] - HEROES AND VILLIANS MAFIA

Talya

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Maw: Erm, thanks Storm Leader, but erm...

@Everyone defending my non-noobness: <3

@Locke: :ohmy: Gj fixing it tho mate :wink:

@Pants: ROFL! I think that's the first FML I've seen on DM!!! Me and the missus use that all the time irl :biggrin:

@Leelou: Yeah, tbh I'm kinda ashamed, I'm playing somewhat sloppy this game. I tried starting out with a joke vote on BG but had an epic fail so just decided to unvote. Then I liked the idea of competing trains, so I voted for him again, but his post made a lot of sense, that it was going to be really tough for us to gain any information from those trains because so many of us were still messing around. So I unvoted again. The no lynch vote was meant to help get us serious, and I think it did. I still tried to be a little good natured about it tho so it didn't seem like I was trying to rain on everyone's parade. Then I caught a lot of flak for it, so I backed off, which might have been a mistake. As I said, some sloppy play on my part :blush:

I will say that I do really like the points you're making so far, but as of right now I'm still kind of apprehensive to place my vote too quickly, as I'm afraid I'll get FOS'd for that too. But I am listening.

Lastly, @Turin: My bad bro, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I actually thought you might like it or laugh at it :sad:

@leelou My train vote was serious, who else was I to vote for? Ok, I made a funny comment with the Fos, couldn't resist. The FoS was the joke. It had nothing to do with the trains. It wasn't my intention to derail the whole thing into a joke. I don't think anyone did. Just a joke in the middle of playing.Also, I did try and bring everything back into focus later. And I think we are starting to get somewhere as a result of the trains anyway.

leelou, please explain to me how the game was serious before the joke trians got started. the only serious play i saw was Womby FoSing someone.

and no, i didn't start the wagon thing, Tina was the first to mention anything about starting a train.

Des and Maw are pinging the most... Des for his immediate no lynch vote and Maw for his shadowing of BG.

Not enough for a vote yet, but that's who i am watching.

Maw wasn't just shadowing BG Ama, this seems like a mistake you'd make if you were skimming imo.

Agreed, he wasn't just shadowing, and you are right - i was skimming - because i was on a 5 minute smoke break at work and trying to stay in touch with the game. I had only a few minutes but i wanted to get a post out on where my suspicions were laying, it was also part of the reason i held off on voting.

Actually I was really was just a little irked with the sig. I let that get the better of me. I figured there was still plenty of time to change if needed. Now tho I see Des stating he has never been mafia in a game. Maybe that little game doesn't count as a "real" game to him, but it was set up and modded and all those things. In that game Des was the bigest Town cheerleader around but did in fact turn out to be mafia. He seems to have his pom-poms out again. It smells of deja vu. I will leave my vote there for now.

(my bold)

Turin, are you saying you have played a game with Des where he was scum?

Des, your comment on this? You have said in this game thread that you have never been scum - care to explain?

It was an impromptu game that got started after a great amount of joking and teaching of us non-players in the BT. The thread is WoT on the main BT board. It was my first experience in playing. I do not know if it would be considered a real game or not.

It was just supposed to be a SPAM thread, Ed joke voted Des and it took off from there. Eventually Talmanes set up roles for everyone that was fooling around on the thread and took the duties of modding the game. He may not consider it a real game, but he was mafia.

Ooookay...possible lengthy post coming. Read at your own risk. :D It's kind of a combination of thoughts that have been running through my head for the past two days so....might be a tad long-ish. :D

woops first eff up on me! Was supposed to be a Vote BG.

I'll go ahead and just Unvote for the Epic Fail

My thought....why not just correct your vote and move on instead of unvoting alltogether? Are you using the error to back off of a vote on BG perhaps? Caught my eye a bit.

Are we going to dance for the rest of the game or are we going to start playing? Time to start a bandwagon me thinks. Unvote. Vote Maw.

Maybe the joke between Des and BG means that they are on a team this time? That would be funny. Keeping my eyes on you.

FIrst serious post of the game and stuck out for eagermess to bandwagon with very little serious reason. I'm not saying it's particularly scummy but it did stand out to me. Just keeping an eye on it.

i like the idea of competeing trains

UNVOTE VOTE: BG

Then lets get this show on the road and compete!

Unvote Vote Maw

Oooh, competing trains! I love competing trains! Let me see, my choices are bg or.... me. Well, I suppose i'll VOTE BG then...

Oooh, competing trains! I love competing trains! Let me see, my choices are bg or.... me. Well, I suppose i'll VOTE BG then...

My thoughts exactly.

Hello helllo! I haven't played with some of you before so this should be fun. Not that mafia is ever boring haha. I think I'll Vote: Song for bailing on my basic game to play in this :P

You missed my vote! That's ok though. I like competing trains too.

Unvote: Song

Vote: Maw

Above: A lot of jumping on the trains with little to no reason. BG and Mawth cross voted each other which I understand. But why did you pick Maw over Bg Nolder? Just curious.

Pretty much BG. Can we call a redo? All this joke voting and tomfoolery has probably made it extremely easy for scum to slip underneath radar... How about this.

Unvote. Vote No Lynch.

OK this one seriously pings me. A no lynch would usually mean a random lynch which is bad for town typically. I could understand an unvote but this bugs me.

Darg.

Unvote. Vote No Leelou

Darg again... ignore the No in my vote please.

This I found just a bit odd. the NO in his first post just didn't look like something that was a typo. And in the next post to fix it, nothing is colored red so it likely wouldn't flag Talya to look. Just seemed off to me. Not sure what to make of it.

A few things:

1) Sorry been kinda zoned out the last few days.

2)

13. Aiel Heart - FoS because i liek your dragons

HAHAHA

3) Vote Des

OK, how come the Des vote AH? Just curious.

The no lynch vote was meant to enflame people and try to end the joke phase. I see that it worked :biggrin:

Red, you really are gonna be wary of me from now on aren't you? :tongue:

In fact, I think I've slightly angered a few people here outside of this game so I can see why I'm now once again drawing attention :blush:

Tbh I seriously can't wait for my first DM mafia game where I can actually get to be scum, this is like my 7th or 8th game or something like that, and I have yet to be mafia :sad:

Anyways now that everyone's gotten serious, I'll Unvote. Not sure yet who I would like to see pressure on.

OK, big ping here. Sorry Des but being so blatant about claiming town like that pings my radar. Especially since at this point you only had 2 votes on you.

*sigh*

this is probly sticking my head straight into a noose, but i feel the need to protect Turin and Des. I don't think either have played before, beyond a little joke game we had here at the BT. Turin probly thought that his vote was just a normal extension of an FoS, especially with the joke votes flying around in this game so far. Just his bad luck he chose the time when we started actually looking for scum. Des is just inexperienced and reckless in general, but if he keeps this up i might be persuaded to go after him.

Is it me or does anyone else get a ping on this post. Usually when people say they feel a need to protect someone, they're possibly a finder who knows something or they are protecting fellow mafia. It's too early for a finder to know anything most likely. Not that this proves mafia but it did ping me a bit.

So...with that all said, the person who is coming up the most on ym radar right now would be Despothera. SO for now I am going to UNVOTE and VOTE Des.

leelou, please explain to me how the game was serious before the joke trians got started. the only serious play i saw was Womby FoSing someone.

and no, i didn't start the wagon thing, Tina was the first to mention anything about starting a train.

Agreed. Just did a fresh re-read. Tina was the first one to mention bandwagoning and then you were the first to mention competing trains. :D

OK, did my mafia homework for the night. Heading to bed soon. ^-^

Defense of Des officially revoked. I didn't realize he was a regular mafia player. I don't remember being in a game with him before.

Pants, what's up with the randomness?

I approved at the meesh vote at the time because of the double unvote of her and des within a minute of eachother. I happen to know Des haunts these boards all day, so it would make sense for him to follow up quickly. Basically it boils down to a minor FoS on meesh for starting the trend and nothing better to look at at the time.

I thought Des was a noob and I was going to give him a pass for d1 and see if he screwed up again on d2. That pass has been revoked, and looked at in the light of a veteran (or at least regular) mafia player his actions ping all over the place. I don't feel the need to re-iterate the case on Des, because its been posted all over the place over the last page or so.

VOTE DES

Submarine - radar - ping. I laughed even if it was a bit abstract biggrin.gifSubmarines are always better yellow of course tongue.gif

I like the logic that you've construed to work against des..... And the age old legal form 'He inferred that he's innocent therefore he must be guilty' is in play.....

Unvote.

Vote Des

8b209345.jpg

@poet The extra No in the vote came from a bad copy. When I want to vote on my phone, I'll reply to the shortest post with a vote already in it and delete everything else, so I don't have to do the formatting myself on my phone. Used Des's No Lynch post, messed it up. Simple as that.

@poet The extra No in the vote came from a bad copy. When I want to vote on my phone, I'll reply to the shortest post with a vote already in it and delete everything else, so I don't have to do the formatting myself on my phone. Used Des's No Lynch post, messed it up. Simple as that.

Ah...gotcha. That makes sense then. I was like "Where did that NO come from?" :D

And yes I'm still up. LOL

Maw, did you consider that WoT thing a "real" game? You and Tina are real players. Was it just a joke? The tone here is more serious. I know Tina didn't take it that serious to start with and some goofy things happened. The scenes were pretty awesome for being a spur of the moment thing. Talmanes did a good job with that.

So I was thinking of holding back, and hoping others would excuse my slightly shoddy play and not start jumping on my bandwagon, but I don't think this will be the case. Then I thought about breadcrumbing, but honestly I don't think there's enough time and I doubt that would even help me at this point. So I'll just come out and say it. I'm the Watcher. I can go into further detail about my role if anyone wants me to, but let's suffice it to say that I can be very useful to town.

I'm sorry for playing a bit sloppy like I mentioned, if I do end up getting lynched still I only have myself to blame in this game.

@Ama: Turin already explained this, but no I didn't really look at that improv game as if it were a true mafia game. No one on the mafia team was taking it seriously really, And the game ended after 2 days lol. It was still a lot of fun tho, joke mafia or not :biggrin:

Honestly, most that have voted for me have had very good reasons to do so, so I won't OMGUS them, but a couple might just be jumping on an easy bandwagon by voting on me. Just going on a hunch here, I'll Vote Pants.

Sorry this keeps disappearing from my content page <.<

Warning: I will be gone until Sunday evening. Just saying that now.

Ok, I originally voted Des because of the no-vote thing and a few other reasons that I'm too tired and have too big of a headache to think of right now. Since then he has proceeded to act in ways that are scummy. *Sigh* and as if to prove how much my head hurts right now I can't even remember specific examples of what I just read, just that it made me suspicious of Des and confirmed my current vote. And it seems that people agree with me... :P

However, I knew that Des was an experienced mafia player before this, and find it odd that Mawth would think he was a newbie... <.< watching him.

I would go through an analyze everyone else but that would be more time than I have to spare at this moment so I will try to do it before I leave this afternoon

Archived