DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Light Vs Shadow] - HEROES AND VILLIANS MAFIA

Talya

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ AH: Talya changed the deadline to tomorrow I believe. FOS for skimming

@ Pants: Talya already corrected the vote count, and I'd be very careful if I was you; I believe Talya said no more posting for you today. If you are a townie, you're being somewhat cavalier with your life and we'll need all the help we can get in this muddled game.

@ Talya: If Pants is town, please be merciful and don't strike him with lightning :puppydogeyes: If he's scum, feel free to pound him into the ground with your modly powers :tongue"

*nodnod* In the OP Talya has the deadline at Monday 8 PM GMT, but if you look at the last few pages you'll see she changed it to Monday at 9 PM GMT. GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, btw, and Talya wouldn't place the deadline in the middle of the night for her--it's literally 20-some minutes after midnight in England. :laugh:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2011&month=11&day=14&hour=21&p0=136

Countdown till the stated deadline. :smile:

Well we still have 19 hours, but I don't think we're going to come to some sort of epiphany on Des or Maw in that time, at last I'm not. Been over it again and Des is still the one who pings me most...but I'm not willing to risk lynching a watcher on day 1. So I suppose I'll UNVOTE and VOTE MAW.

Sorry Maw, but I doubt we're going to reach any other consensus and a random lynch is bad. And you did ping me too. But I'll keep an eye on the thread til deadline just in case.

Mawthtex, on 10 November 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

*sigh*

this is probly sticking my head straight into a noose, but i feel the need to protect Turin and Des. I don't think either have played before, beyond a little joke game we had here at the BT. Turin probly thought that his vote was just a normal extension of an FoS, especially with the joke votes flying around in this game so far. Just his bad luck he chose the time when we started actually looking for scum. Des is just inexperienced and reckless in general, but if he keeps this up i might be persuaded to go after him.

Unvote Des, Vote Maw

The above post, upon reading it again, strikes me as very strange. Sticking your neck out for other people in mafia is a good way to get your head chopped off.

As for the Des thing, still not sure if I believe him, cus scum would claim a powerful role this early in the game to vet themselves for a while. It smells.

Oh, and Maw, don't take it personally. It's a game. It sucks to die, yeah, but it happens.

Yep, this is the one I mentioned before that pinged me most. Hope Maw doesn't turn out to be town, but I think it's our best and safest bet right now. *sigh*

*nodnod* In the OP Talya has the deadline at Monday 8 PM GMT, but if you look at the last few pages you'll see she changed it to Monday at 9 PM GMT. GMT is Greenwich Mean Time, btw, and Talya wouldn't place the deadline in the middle of the night for her--it's literally 20-some minutes after midnight in England. :laugh:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2011&month=11&day=14&hour=21&p0=136

That's extremely useful, Meesh, thank you!

Sooooo, it looks like we hammered Maw. I can't say I'm that happy with it because I don't really believe he was scum, but at the same time it seems doubtful that he had a power role, otherwise he probably would have put up a bigger defense against being lynched.

That being said, I'm highly suspicious of Poet at this point. I hate when I see posts from someone that drops the hammer that go "well, I hate to do this but it seems like the best option...". I make it a habit to NEVER try and hammer someone when I don't firmly believe they're scum, and using the deadline as an excuse is kind of weak since he was at L-1 and the deadline was still something like 19 hours away. I HIGHLY doubt that we wouldn't have been able to secure a lynch before then, so why drop the hammer if you don't really think you're hitting a mafia?

Not only that but Poet double posted, which seems to look like she felt the need to justify her hammer vote after the fact.

My apologies for not updating the front page, I forgot it was there, so thanks AH and Meesh.

I'm taking it that Pants wanted to PM me that! So it will pass at this moment.

I will up date the votes soon.

I don't usually put the time in hours unless it is getting close, but I will bear that in mind when I do, but GMT isn't hard to look up as it's the official time zone that is worked off.

[quote name='Talya'

DAY 1 – Vote:

Maw (11): AielH, Wombat, Tina, BG,Nolder, Song, Locke, Amadine, Blackhoof, Sakaea, Maw, AH, Poet

Des (3): Leelou, AH, Sakaea, Turin, Poet, Maw, Pants

BG (2): Rey, Pants, Red, Maw, Leelou, Des

Leelou (1): Turin,BG, Maw

Tina (1): Tiinks, Red

Poet (1): Red, Sakaea, Tiinks, Des

Sakaea (1): Des

Locke (0): Tina

Tiinks (0): Meesh

Pants (0): BG

Blackhoof (0): Song

No Lynch (0): Des

Red (0): Poet

Pants (0): Des

Nolder (0): Locke

DEADLINE IN JUST UNDER 9 HOURS

As it's day one I will go the whole time. I may go with a Hammer next time...hehe

http://www.timeandda...&hour=21&p0=136

Sooooo, it looks like we hammered Maw. I can't say I'm that happy with it because I don't really believe he was scum, but at the same time it seems doubtful that he had a power role, otherwise he probably would have put up a bigger defense against being lynched.

That being said, I'm highly suspicious of Poet at this point. I hate when I see posts from someone that drops the hammer that go "well, I hate to do this but it seems like the best option...". I make it a habit to NEVER try and hammer someone when I don't firmly believe they're scum, and using the deadline as an excuse is kind of weak since he was at L-1 and the deadline was still something like 19 hours away. I HIGHLY doubt that we wouldn't have been able to secure a lynch before then, so why drop the hammer if you don't really think you're hitting a mafia?

Not only that but Poet double posted, which seems to look like she felt the need to justify her hammer vote after the fact.

I disagree. Maw was the only person who was going to get lynched. I have often voted people who I don't think are mafia. (as I do know: I think there's a chance that Maw is scum, but imo there are much more suspicious players right now.) However, with the deadline looming, voting anyone else would just increase the chance of getting a random lynch which is always a bad thing. Also, Day One isn't about finding scum. It's about setting up information for future Days to catch scum then.

I double post because there were things I wanted to respond to but I didn't get a chance til last nigh5. Things get busy so I tend to catch up on everything all at once when I get a minute. AND...I didn't realize I was the hammer. I miscounted last night and we didnt have an official vote count. I thought I brought it to L-1 with my vote.

I REALLY, really hate being the hammer on lynches. Usually I try to avoid it at all costs. But since I already voted and I don't see any other alternative beyond a random lynch. I'll let it stick and hope I made the right choice. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='Talya'

DAY 1 – Vote: Maw (11): AielH, Wombat, Tina, BG,Nolder, Song, Locke, Amadine, Blackhoof, Sakaea, Meesh, AielH, Poet

Des (2): Leelou, AH, Sakaea, Turin, Poet, Maw, Pants

BG (2): Rey, Pants, Red, Maw, Leelou, Des

Leelou (1): Turin,BG, Maw

Tina (1): Tiinks, Red

Poet (1): Red, Sakaea, Tiinks, Des

Sakaea (1): Des

Locke (0): Tina

Tiinks (0): Meesh

Pants (0): BG

Blackhoof (0): Song

No Lynch (0): Des

Red (0): Poet

Pants (0): Des

Nolder (0): Locke

That'll teach me to try and do this sneakily at work, with none of my notes....sorry AH. I totally blame my boss, for not leaving me alone long enough to get it done *nods*

I will also change the first post....another quirk of work, I can't edit any of my posts there...

Someone thought it would be fun to see what would happen ifthe Heroes met the Villains. Having them turn up at the mansion all knowing whoeach other was, was not part of the master plan. Let them work for it, the OverLord though. Lets see can out smart who. So the invitations were all sent out,but they were all to come incognito. For some that wouldn’t be a problem, forone reason or another, they liked to keep their true identity hidden from thepublic, whether heroes or not!

As they arrived at the mansion, you wouldn’t have guessedthat some hid super powers, others great evil. In fact they looked quitenormal, ordinary and really quite bland! But they were all one thing, they weregame for this, which was important, as who knew what the days would entail.

Some already knew the identity of others, for they workedtogether and had their own agenda. But they were playing for high stakes; theirlives and their reputation. After all it was their egos that brought them here.

There were just a few rules they had to abide by, they restwas up to them. The Over Lord moved the cameras around spying on each victim asthey arrived, wondering who would be left alive at the end.

The Rules

1) TheOver Lord (Mod) is always right!

2) Allplayers must post at least once in game day, unless they have submitted an LoAwith the Over Lord

3) Youmay hint at a character name if you wish, however you will take theconsequences for this. I have not necessarily used obvious characters, butthere maybe some, you can lie through your teeth of course!

4) Pleaseplay with respect, no insults to other players that are personal, it’s a GAME,have fun! Any complaints please PM me and I will deal.

5) Ifyou have a day or night action and do not submit it to me via PM before thenend of the Day/Night, then it will be forfeit.

6) Onceposted, you will NOT edit your post. First time will get a severe telling offand a whipping from the Over Lord, the second time and it’s the chop foryou….you have been warned!

7) Youare not allowed to discuss this game except on the thread or on any Quick TopicI have sent you, no where else.

8) AnyQuestions please ask the Over Lord via PM. If I think it needs to be clarifiedto all I will put it on the Thread

9) Please vote and unvote in bold Red

Players:

1. Des

2. Turin

3. Maw

4. Tina

5. Meesh

6. Leelou

7. Sakaea

8. Blackhoof

9. Rey

10. Tiinks