DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Light Vs Shadow] - HEROES AND VILLIANS MAFIA

Talya

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last two Vote counts were totally wrong!

Here is the correct one!

DAY 2 VOTE

Poet (4): Blackhoof, Leelou, BG, Sakaea, Tiink

Wombat (4): Pants, Poet, Blackhoof, Pants, Turin

Sakaea (2): Locke, Tina

BG (2) : Red, Wombat

Tiinker (0): Wombat

Four posts forthcoming. I basically just multiquoted all the scummy or respond-worthy in the past 4 pages. Bear with me.

Mawthtex, on 10 November 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

*sigh*

this is probly sticking my head straight into a noose, but i feel the need to protect Turin and Des. I don't think either have played before, beyond a little joke game we had here at the BT. Turin probly thought that his vote was just a normal extension of an FoS, especially with the joke votes flying around in this game so far. Just his bad luck he chose the time when we started actually looking for scum. Des is just inexperienced and reckless in general, but if he keeps this up i might be persuaded to go after him.

Unvote Des, Vote Maw

The above post, upon reading it again, strikes me as very strange. Sticking your neck out for other people in mafia is a good way to get your head chopped off.

As for the Des thing, still not sure if I believe him, cus scum would claim a powerful role this early in the game to vet themselves for a while. It smells.

Oh, and Maw, don't take it personally. It's a game. It sucks to die, yeah, but it happens.

I already responded to this. Just reminding myself that it happened.

I'm getting weird vibes from Kae now. I don't think Poet's train will catch more steam but I think we might have a chance with Sakaea. I'll do a complete reread tonight, but for now I'll Unvote and Vote Sakaea.

Kinda late to think you can lynch anyone but Maw. Curious post.

FoS everyone not voting Maw.

Well that's a bit harsh we still have a whole day.

Agreed with Wombat here. Considering the vote count and time left, Maw was the only option. It would take a Finder claim of someone being scum for 10 votes to mount that quickly, and even then, it's not a given.

Well we still have 19 hours, but I don't think we're going to come to some sort of epiphany on Des or Maw in that time, at last I'm not. Been over it again and Des is still the one who pings me most...but I'm not willing to risk lynching a watcher on day 1. So I suppose I'll UNVOTE and VOTE MAW.

Sorry Maw, but I doubt we're going to reach any other consensus and a random lynch is bad. And you did ping me too. But I'll keep an eye on the thread til deadline just in case.

I don't remember what I thought was scummy about this. If fact, it looks like a pretty pro-town post...Oh wait, yeah, know I remember. Is backtracking. (from before when you didn't Unvote Des)

Care to say why Womby?

Him saying we had plenty of time until deadline pissed me off.

"pissed me off" = strange reason to vote

Care to say why Womby?

Him saying we had plenty of time until deadline pissed me off.

lol

Vote Wombat for having a short fuze. Sure sign of a RL mobster.

Long past the time for joke votes.

i have done a re-read, and o have found that Poet is a good lynch candidate

Any reason?

I do agree that Poet is sticking out as acting scummy with the calling for a counter claim, back pedaling and trying to figure out who the other mason(s) is/are on thread. I would like to hear what Des found out last night as well.

2 Poet votes back to back. Kinda strange, although individually only Blackhoof's is scummy

Me too. I think that he is trustworthy.

O.o

And you're wasting it.

I think that this is the reason for Wombat's vote? Yes? Just want to get that straight. I'm not seeing what is inherantly scummy about what Tiink said. With Maw flipping town, what incentive does mafia have to delay the lynch? Seems like mafia would be more than happy to rush the lynch along.

If you are a Townie in that situation on Day one, there is no reason to vote Maw. (unless you're his Mason buddy). There are a couple reasons why scum wouldn't. (as Wombat outlined later, although I don't think he mentioned distancing from lynch)

That's a good point BG, FOS Wombat for faulty reasoning.

Isn't a good point imo. Isn't faulty reasoning imo. Is following the crowd imo.

I never asked for a counter claim, merely stated the fact that there was none aspart of my reasoning to switch from the Des lynch train. I'm still not 100% certain on Des to be honest. Call me a skeptic. But I'm also notwilling to take a chance. I did intend to clarify that better at the time. I like to think out loud in mafia. Anyone who has played with me should remember that. To me it's collaborative puzzle solving. :D

The hammer vote - What can I say. I work in accounting...and I miscounted. :P Believe me or not. There's not much more I can say about that. I so hate being the hammer. *facepalm*

So ,that being said, I was all set to vote Nolder today as he was really the last one left on my ping list....and I hear he's leaving the game. So...that leaves me pretty much back to square one. I'm going to go back through a bit and I'll post a vote shortly but I did make some notes below so far.

CC: I never though that little part of your post was all that scummy. Your explanation is how I read it.

Hammer: Why are you trying to distance yourself from the hammer vote and Maw's lynch? There's nothing scummy about it.

Nolder: = Vote Leyrann

unvote

Vote Wombat

I find poets defence adequate. he has a point that GW never specifically carked for a counter-claim, only rating that there might be one.

Wombat has pinges me. his arguments make no sense and his reasoning is faulty. very scummy imo

I agree with what Wombat has said. [/kinda suspicious of your vote on him] Also, you seem pretty easily convinced that Poet isn't scum.

Alright. We're getting serious now.

Unvote ebecause I need to do a full read through and I'm not sure when I'll be able to do it.

We've been serious for a long time.

Serious? At the moment I'm not sure why everyone is getting scum vibes from Maw. Maybe I missed something. Can you elaborate?

At the moment though I'm going to Unvote, Vote Poet for distancing from the Des lynch and calling out for a cc.

Although it means little considering my newbie errors in day one I was in agreement with Tiink on this count. While simply voting maw on day one is not enough to call certain scum on anyone the (11?) who voted against maw are under scrutiny. Imma get out my notepad and get to work Style on names.

Until then the most prominent anti-maw voter.......

And you're wasting it.

Who has also made a move against Tiinker whom pointed out the lack of substantial evidence against maw.

But I can see that it may be a 'frustration' vote from his precious talk.

I propose pressure on wombat.

Remote wombat

Pants - Reasoning for voting Des contrasted against the rest of his posts

Locke you suspect half the playing field lol

Do you mean constructing against my screw up posts, the wise cracks or both? I was wanting to unvote my my initial joke vote and wanted to try and find my feet. Tbh I was a little flustered by my edit errors, and just jumped on a passing wagon.

Voting for Maw isn't in and of itself scummy, and I found your saying that it is and thus vote on Wombat a bit curious.

Well half of the field is suspect! lol

I mean contrasting against all your joke posts.

Leyrann is now taking over from Nolder, please welcome him to the game

Welcome to the game Leyrann. Maybe Maw was onto something when he voted for you....

Since Ley missed the joke phase and it is not a game unless ye is voted early,Vote Ley but since I know that it is really too late for joking I will...

Unvote

Seriously tho of all the people so far the one I am currently most suspicious of is wombat due to what seemed like bullying to force Maw's lynch and then the odd vote on Tiink for resisting his strong arm tactic.

Vote: Wombat

Heading to work soon, will be able to spend more time this weekend.

He already was. :laugh:

Um, forcing Maw's lynch? Your phrasing makes something that isn't scummy sound scummy.

Man, it seems like I'm defending Wombat a lot. >.> (although I'm more FoSing people who are voting for him because I haven't really seen much scummy from him thus far. Especially compared to some others. I just don't get it)

But I want my posts to be in green.... :puppyeyes:

Can YOU edit? colour code is "#008000".

Part of posting in colour means you have to accept when it fails.

Sorry for the lurking, I was a bit overwhelmed by being in 3 games at once. Since Nol's game was just about over I decided to stick it out rather than being replaced, and now it IS over so I have much more energy to commit to this game. XD

I have been keeping up, but honestly, putting this on the backburner for 18 pages means I need to at least re-skim to make sure I haven't forgotten anything important. I have a few suspects, but I don't want to vote until I'm positive they're mine and not a product of other people's cases.

I have dinner soon, but I'll start going over the thread pretty quick here and then I'll finish after dinner and post thoughts and very likely a vote. I'm giving myself a deadline (before I go to bed tonight) and announcing it here so that way no one (*coughcoughwombycoughcough* :tongue:) thinks I'm just saying I'll reread to avoid fingers. I really am sorry for being such a lurker, I know inactive players really hurt the game and make it harder and less fun. XD I may be inactive this weekend, but after that, I should be here in full force. :smile:

**in-post edit**

I guess the deadline is Sunday afternoon, so I'll make sure I can get on at my grandparents' house. :laugh:

LOL I'm such a loser, I took a small break in the middle of my reread to go chew out my brother because I just now realized he put the $1 container of cotton candy back on the shelf at the store while I was trying to pick up my meds at the pharmacy. He claims he didn't know I was getting it (my youngest brother originally picked it out as a treat, then changed his mind) but that's a load of bull, I even grabbed it off the shelf and announced that I was going to get it (for nostalgic purposes XD). Now I feel so empty inside... :dry:

Anyway, done with my reread. Tough stuff, here--I have a few different people I'd equally like to place my vote on at the moment. XD

Everyone else seems to be supplying quotes of everything they thought was scummy, but I'm honestly too lazy these days to do that--I can go back and quote specific things if people need proof or to refresh their memories without having to dig, but otherwise...MEH. XD

So I'll briefly outline my suspects with reasons, in no particular order (except that in which I think of them off the top of my head XD).

Pants--I feel like he is not taking the game very seriously, and I don't like how distracting his posts started off. Even now, I don't think he's been putting very much effort into contributing thoughts and opinions to the game.

BG--The main reason I'm suspicious of him is one I'd rather not discuss because I feel it would be potentially damaging to the Town to do so, but so it doesn't sound like I'm BSing here, it had to do with his response to Turin's Joker suggestion. Also, I do feel like he was very wishy-washy on the Sakaea issue.

Hoof--I think he always comes off as scummy to me, so I'm not voting him at this point, but he isn't doing much of his own thinking, just kind of following along with whoever has an argument that sounds good.

Poet--Her hammer post on Maw had the feeling of someone who knew she was hammering, but she later claimed not to have known and was making a big deal out of it. Like Locke, I don't think hammering is really scummy in and of itself. Taken in context it can be, but none of that existed in this situation. Also, she seemed pretty skeptical of Despo's claim--I never have a problem with keeping an open mind and never ruling out any possibilities unless they are shut down by info from the Mod, but casting doubt on his claim seemed a little silly/exaggerated. Not so much now, in light of his inability to produce results from Night phase, but it was still Day then.

Anyway, brief. XD

Wombat--This is a time I wish I took the effort to utilize quotes (my memory is foggy sometimes); anyway, I didn't like his vote on Maw in the first place and then how he was encouraging everyone to jump on the Maw train--that part's not as suspect because Maw's lynch was a foregone conclusion at that point, but when taken with him going at Maw from the beginning, it looks weird. Also, didn't think much of his Tiink vote. I also think BG is sus, but not really for Wom's reasons. Anyway.

I'd like to vote Pants, in all honesty, but I don't think that would be helpful at this point in the Day, so I'm going to vote Poet.

Also, 2 unrelated things:

1) Welcome back and welcome to the game, Leyrann. :laugh:

2) Totally support Locke's comment on text color--gotta take the cons along with the pros. Sometimes mistakes happen, just gotta suck it up and either drop the color in-game or just keep pushing on. It gets easier the more you use it--I've been using color for...heck...2 years now? Something? Longer? It's force of habit, now. XD

Okay, I lied. 3 things:

3) You people and your extra letters in words...particularly "u." ColOr, favOrite, honOr, neighbOr. :tongue:

Not sure who to vote, so I'll leave my vote here for now. I must say I think the Poet train was going too fast, imo. And I also think the Wombat train is a bit weak. Best to wait.

Here is the correct one!

DAY 2 VOTE

*rolls eyes* She has all of 4 votes. That's hardly even a train. FoS. Hard. Also it's dumbb to not vote just because you don't like some of the cases presented, present your own and vote. It's that easy. Doesn't make any sense to wait. That's why we have people who just jump on a train at deadline. Because they're "waiting" to vote.

Now I'm about to make it 6. VOTE POET I wanted to point out somethings about her play yesterday, but didn't I will be back later to make a full case on her, but I just got back from mission and just feel like passing the frick out right now.

Also, 2 unrelated things:

1) Welcome back and welcome to the game, Leyrann. :laugh:

2) Totally support Locke's comment on text color--gotta take the cons along with the pros. Sometimes mistakes happen, just gotta suck it up and either drop the color in-game or just keep pushing on. It gets easier the more you use it--I've been using color for...heck...2 years now? Something? Longer? It's force of habit, now. XD

Okay, I lied. 3 things:

3) You people and your extra letters in words...particularly "u." ColOr, favOrite, honOr, neighbOr. :tongue:

1) Thanks.

2) Guess it'll end up the same for me.

3) I learn original English, not American English, at school. That's why I say colour.

Not sure who to vote, so I'll leave my vote here for now. I must say I think the Poet train was going too fast, imo. And I also think the Wombat train is a bit weak. Best to wait.

Here is the correct one!

DAY 2 VOTE

*rolls eyes* She has all of 4 votes. That's hardly even a train. FoS. Hard. Also it's dumbb to not vote just because you don't like some of the cases presented, present your own and vote. It's that easy. Doesn't make any sense to wait. That's why we have people who just jump on a train at deadline. Because they're "waiting" to vote.

Now I'm about to make it 6. VOTE POET I wanted to point out somethings about her play yesterday, but didn't I will be back later to make a full case on her, but I just got back from mission and just feel like passing the frick out right now.

I must say that I don't feel this as such a large game, and they are very fast after each other, in post number. I have to say I didn't look at the times of the votes, so it could have seemed less because I was rereading.

Right now, I think I am most suspicios of Hoof and Womby. I should first need to check out their posts before I'm going to vote, and I don't know when I will do that, because I also have much homework to do...

My neighbour has a favourite colour of grey and I honour that...tongue.gif

Of course it's zed...as in Zedbra...it's not Zeeebra...rolleyes.gif

hehe!

Okay back to the game...

DAY 2 VOTE

Poet (6): Blackhoof, Leelou, BG, Sakaea, Tiink, Poet, Song

You have (counts on fingers...) just under 35 hours left...Day 2 Ends at 9pm GMT on Sunday!

at least now we know there are masons.

Heh, just one on this page I guess. This is just kind of a curious statement. Makes it sound like it's a good thing we know that.

Fair point. I really just wanted to say something....

i have done a re-read, and o have found that Poet is a good lynch candidate

Any reason?

Basically what everyone else was saying. His doubt-casting on des, the hammer on maw, etcetera.

That's a good point BG, FOS Wombat for faulty reasoning.

Isn't a good point imo. Isn't faulty reasoning imo. Is following the crowd imo.

Well, we shall have to agree to disagree. There are scummier people to vote than tink, and for better reason than "he pissed me off"

unvote

Vote Wombat

I find poets defence adequate. he has a point that GW never specifically carked for a counter-claim, only rating that there might be one.

Wombat has pinges me. his arguments make no sense and his reasoning is faulty. very scummy imo

I agree with what Wombat has said. [/kinda suspicious of your vote on him] Also, you seem pretty easily convinced that Poet isn't scum.

I find his reply adequate. It wasn't like he gave a lazy one-liner, he refuted each argument against him concisely. That is more than Wombat has done....

I be done spammin' after this point... But the "u" thing is a long-standing joke between me and everyone not American who uses "u" when it shouldn't be there... :laugh: I use Latin to support my claim, and Spanish. With "color," in particular. It's "color" in both Latin and Spanish, no "u." :tongue:

Okay, done. :laugh:

Wow. Didn't expect it was so directly from Latin...

I wonder what it is in French... couleur. So with "eu". How about that? French is directly from Latin, the English word "coloUr" will be from French. Spanish indeed has "color" too, and Italian has "colore". But I guess that we will just have to live with the differences. But official English still has "colour".

Back to game. I must say I thought we had more time left. Think I'll have a reread of D2 after I'm done with my homework.

Archived