DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Light Vs Shadow] - HEROES AND VILLIANS MAFIA

Talya

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much this last page besides spam. >.< ....And I have to add in my own bit. Just because the original spelling (Latin) didn't have a u, that doesn't make it right....Just think if we assumed the way things were done in the past were always better? Clearly the English made a vast improvement to the word (among others) by adding the u.

Anyway, sorry for that. There's no point in me keeping my vote on Sakaea any longer. Unvote. Vote Poet

29 hours to deadline. We have seven votes on Poet, and four on Wombat. 10 to lynch. I don't believe someone with only 2 votes can get lynched this day (except if they both make a believable role claim that isn't countered), so it is Wombat or Poet. I must say (important moment, this is my first meta ever) that Wombat does things like randomly voting someone often to get the game going. And, well, about Maw's lynch, I only read that once, while rereading, but I don't remember that Wombat really, really much tried to get him lynched, as Turin's post with his vote appears to say. And D1 lynches, well, you just don't konw anything, and I don't think it can be easy to find a mafia this way. And Wombat is too experienced to stand out that much (yeah, of course, he could want us to think that, but that's just WIFOM). But about Poet... Well, I agree she shouldn't have talked about the mason on thread (however, I believe Des to be Watcher, so that means he's most likely not mason), because you point them out to mafia then. And for me it also seemed like she knew she hammered, and then she kept saying she didn't knew it. So I VOTE Poet.

(This doesn't mean I'll keep my vote there. Might she convince me that she is town, I'm willing to vote someone else. But I normally want to always have my vote on someone to make clear who I think is scummiest, and I think I remember something about the random lynch being one of the non-voters. I don't like being random lynched. Or normally lynched, talking about that)

I actually just remembered (and went back to double-check) something else that bothered me about Poet--Ley's comment about random lynches and stuff reminded me. I haven't played with Poet much, but I believe she's been in enough games that she should know that if a "no lynch" vote is allowed, then if that's what is reached then there will be no kill. She claimed it would result in a random modkill when she was casting suspicion on Des. Just throwing that out there.

DAY 2 VOTE

Poet (7): <s>Blackhoof</s>, Leelou, BG, Sakaea, Tiink, Poet, Song,Ley

Wombat (4): <s>Pants</s>, Poet, Blackhoof, Pants, Turin

BG (2) : Red, Wombat

Sakaea (1): <s>Locke</s>, Tina

Tiinker (0): <s>Wombat</s>

(...)

Pretty much BG. Can we call a redo? All this joke voting and tomfoolery has probably made it extremely easy for scum to slip underneath radar... How about this.

Unvote. Vote No Lynch.

OK this one seriously pings me. A no lynch would usually mean a random lynch which is bad for town typically. I could understand an unvote but this bugs me.

(...)

There you go; if you want to go back and look at the quote in the thread it's in the middle-ish of her post; I took out all the quotes from other people and Poet's responses to them for the sake of easy reading. XD

With everyone else drawing on past experience that leaves me with nothing to go on but what I read. I agree poet does seem pretty scummy but will have to check back and figure out if that is just because everyone seems to be saying it at the moment. I've gathered that Ley is well experienced with mafia on the other hand, which tempts me to unvote, but I'll reserve judgement until I've had a sleep on it. I'm in support of Des claim for watcher as well btw

Rule one in mafia (in my opinion) is to always think for yourself. If you think that someone is right, you can follow that one, but don't unvote and vote someone else just because an experienced player does that. And I wouldn't call myself experienced. I've only played 7 games earlier.

Are we going to dance for the rest of the game or are we going to start playing? Time to start a bandwagon me thinks. Unvote. Vote Maw.

Maybe the joke between Des and BG means that they are on a team this time? That would be funny. Keeping my eyes on you.

Tina started the bandwagon

Are we going to dance for the rest of the game or are we going to start playing? Time to start a bandwagon me thinks. Unvote. Vote Maw.

Someones anxious to lynch :aiel:

Vote Tina

Ping. No one chosen to lynch means a random killing in the night, correct? Why wouldn’t we want to choose someone who we actually think might be mafia?

The whole bandwagon/train thing seemed odd to me. And from people’s reactions it seems there is a difference between bandwagons and trains? Apologies for not putting my full attention to this game sooner.

Pretty much BG. Can we call a redo? All this joke voting and tomfoolery has probably made it extremely easy for scum to slip underneath radar... How about this.

Unvote. Vote No Lynch.

This still irks me. Maybe it was just a joke, and he said it was just mean to make people mad, but it still irks me. And him claiming a role doesn’t really matter to me (I’m probably going to get FoSed for that, aren’t I?) but he really could just be saying that. In this game, I don’t trust what anyone says or claims. Plus my gut is all angry at Des anyway

The no lynch vote was meant to enflame people and try to end the joke phase. I see that it worked :biggrin:

Red, you really are gonna be wary of me from now on aren't you? :tongue:

In fact, I think I've slightly angered a few people here outside of this game so I can see why I'm now once again drawing attention :blush:

Tbh I seriously can't wait for my first DM mafia game where I can actually get to be scum, this is like my 7th or 8th game or something like that, and I have yet to be mafia :sad:

Anyways now that everyone's gotten serious, I'll Unvote. Not sure yet who I would like to see pressure on.

He’s just claiming all sorts of things this game. I mistrust these claims.

Oh and I’m also hurt that our little WoT game didn’t count for you Des. I’m not sure that I mentioned that before :P But as Turin said, he was a HUGE town cheerleader in that game and ended up being Mafia. He’s also going all crazy for town in this game. Seems familiar.

I’m not going to post all of them on here, but basically everything firepants said on page 8 was a joke, in the midst of a lot of arguing about who had made the game stay in the joke phrase, ect. Then he also edited again. FoS firepants. This joking continued on page 9 (loved the Mike Wazowski pic though :P )

So I was thinking of holding back, and hoping others would excuse my slightly shoddy play and not start jumping on my bandwagon, but I don't think this will be the case. Then I thought about breadcrumbing, but honestly I don't think there's enough time and I doubt that would even help me at this point. So I'll just come out and say it. I'm the Watcher. I can go into further detail about my role if anyone wants me to, but let's suffice it to say that I can be very useful to town.

I'm sorry for playing a bit sloppy like I mentioned, if I do end up getting lynched still I only have myself to blame in this game.

@Ama: Turin already explained this, but no I didn't really look at that improv game as if it were a true mafia game. No one on the mafia team was taking it seriously really, And the game ended after 2 days lol. It was still a lot of fun tho, joke mafia or not :biggrin:

Honestly, most that have voted for me have had very good reasons to do so, so I won't OMGUS them, but a couple might just be jumping on an easy bandwagon by voting on me. Just going on a hunch here, I'll Vote Pants.

Maybe you and Tina weren’t taking it seriously, but I think the rest of us were. Also, I know I’m new and all, but a reveal on the first day? When you still weren’t exactly close to getting lynched? Once again, I don’t trust it. It seems fishy to me.

I understand yall might think it was too soon, but were I to wait till I was closer to being lynched everyone wouldve just said that it was me being desperate or something. I also didn't have time to breadcrumb, and there's a good possibility some might have lynched me anyways just to get a controlled lynch instead of a random one.

Once again, I only have myself to blame for receiving all this attention, but I promise you town WILL lose an investigative role if you lynch me. Despite my shoddy play up to this point I am still valuable in any scumhunt. Lynching me now is somewhat foolhardy, now that I've claimed I'm sure someone can come up with a way to vet me.

Seems more desperate to me to do it soon.

Poet and Sakaea both caught my attention, both in a few little pings. Can someone please explain to me why everyone’s mad at Poet for thinking out loud about the Masons thing?

I also don’t trust Poet’s claim that she didn’t realize she was the hammer vote.

Wombat also got a few pings a little bit after that. I’m too lazy at the moment to go through and collect all of them. Some of my thinking was along these lines though:

FoS everyone not voting Maw.

Well that's a bit harsh we still have a whole day.

And you're wasting it.

I think that this is the reason for Wombat's vote? Yes? Just want to get that straight. I'm not seeing what is inherantly scummy about what Tiink said. With Maw flipping town, what incentive does mafia have to delay the lynch? Seems like mafia would be more than happy to rush the lynch along.

If this is Wonby's reason for the vote, I think it's kinda weak. I don't see it either. You're right it would make sense for scum to want to rush the lynch, lest the focus shift to one of their own before end of day.

Random votes without reasons make me twitch.

Him pushing along the Mawth votes, and the random vote, with a few other little pings

Moving on, Firepants continued to act weird, though seemed to actually be focusing on the game more.

Welcome Ley!!!! Just to make up for him not being here at the beginning, and for him being one of the primary people to drag me into this mafia thing: Vote Ley

Forget my colour for the last 2 parts... :sad:

Can I edit?

even I know better than that.

Meesh started joking around about the u thing :P this is the BT, so a thread without some spam is just unnatrual, and Meesh is one of the queens of spam on the 100,000 thread, but still :P

Firepants of course loved having a reason to joke.

at least now we know there are masons.

Heh, just one on this page I guess. This is just kind of a curious statement. Makes it sound like it's a good thing we know that.

Fair point. I really just wanted to say something....

i have done a re-read, and o have found that Poet is a good lynch candidate

Any reason?

Basically what everyone else was saying. His doubt-casting on des, the hammer on maw, etcetera.

That's a good point BG, FOS Wombat for faulty reasoning.

Isn't a good point imo. Isn't faulty reasoning imo. Is following the crowd imo.

Well, we shall have to agree to disagree. There are scummier people to vote than tink, and for better reason than "he pissed me off"

unvote

Vote Wombat

I find poets defence adequate. he has a point that GW never specifically carked for a counter-claim, only rating that there might be one.

Wombat has pinges me. his arguments make no sense and his reasoning is faulty. very scummy imo

I agree with what Wombat has said. [/kinda suspicious of your vote on him] Also, you seem pretty easily convinced that Poet isn't scum.

I find his reply adequate. It wasn't like he gave a lazy one-liner, he refuted each argument against him concisely. That is more than Wombat has done....

The bolded part pinged a little for some reason. I liked the points he made in this post however. FoS for the false sense of security that gave me.

After that there is spam spam spam from the spam king and queen and the court jester....

And that brings up to about present time.

After reviewing everything:

Tina has caught a bit of my attention, with that first one I quoted and a few other little comments

Des I am still VERY suspicious of. I trust no claims. Still, to protect my own hide and because he might actually be telling the truth, I will not vote him for now.

Sakaea got a little bit of my attention

Poet is suspicious.

Wombat is suspicious.

Hoof I am watching.

Firepants really doesn’t seem to be taking this game seriously and I wonder why.

Locke appears to totally believe Des’ claims.

Turin has also lulled me into a false sense of security *watching*

For now though, I’d say the main person I am suspicious of that I am willing to actually vote on is Wombat.

Unvote. Vote Wombat.

Poet and Sakaea both caught my attention, both in a few little pings. Can someone please explain to me why everyone’s mad at Poet for thinking out loud about the Masons thing?

Dunno, I don't see that as scummy. Perhaps people are using it as an excuse to vote him.

I also don’t trust Poet’s claim that she didn’t realize she was the hammer vote.

What is the big deal about Poet being the hammer? I don't understand. Yeah, she's made some scummy moves, but the above two aren't among them imo.

Him pushing along the Mawth votes, and the random vote, with a few other little pings

Don't see why everyone thinks this is scummy either.

I liked the points he made in this post however. FoS for the false sense of security that gave me.

Huh?

Locke appears to totally believe Des’ claims.

Huh?

Huh what? I agreed with him, making him seem less suspicious to me, which I don't trust.

It's Heart logic. Don't question it

You were FoSing everyone who still was voting for him after he made the claim, thus making it seem that you believe it

LOL I'm such a loser, I took a small break in the middle of my reread to go chew out my brother because I just now realized he put the $1 container of cotton candy back on the shelf at the store while I was trying to pick up my meds at the pharmacy. He claims he didn't know I was getting it (my youngest brother originally picked it out as a treat, then changed his mind) but that's a load of bull, I even grabbed it off the shelf and announced that I was going to get it (for nostalgic purposes XD). Now I feel so empty inside... :dry:

Anyway, done with my reread. Tough stuff, here--I have a few different people I'd equally like to place my vote on at the moment. XD

Everyone else seems to be supplying quotes of everything they thought was scummy, but I'm honestly too lazy these days to do that--I can go back and quote specific things if people need proof or to refresh their memories without having to dig, but otherwise...MEH. XD

So I'll briefly outline my suspects with reasons, in no particular order (except that in which I think of them off the top of my head XD).

Pants--I feel like he is not taking the game very seriously, and I don't like how distracting his posts started off. Even now, I don't think he's been putting very much effort into contributing thoughts and opinions to the game.

BG--The main reason I'm suspicious of him is one I'd rather not discuss because I feel it would be potentially damaging to the Town to do so, but so it doesn't sound like I'm BSing here, it had to do with his response to Turin's Joker suggestion. Also, I do feel like he was very wishy-washy on the Sakaea issue.

Hoof--I think he always comes off as scummy to me, so I'm not voting him at this point, but he isn't doing much of his own thinking, just kind of following along with whoever has an argument that sounds good.

Poet--Her hammer post on Maw had the feeling of someone who knew she was hammering, but she later claimed not to have known and was making a big deal out of it. Like Locke, I don't think hammering is really scummy in and of itself. Taken in context it can be, but none of that existed in this situation. Also, she seemed pretty skeptical of Despo's claim--I never have a problem with keeping an open mind and never ruling out any possibilities unless they are shut down by info from the Mod, but casting doubt on his claim seemed a little silly/exaggerated. Not so much now, in light of his inability to produce results from Night phase, but it was still Day then.

Anyway, brief. XD

Wombat--This is a time I wish I took the effort to utilize quotes (my memory is foggy sometimes); anyway, I didn't like his vote on Maw in the first place and then how he was encouraging everyone to jump on the Maw train--that part's not as suspect because Maw's lynch was a foregone conclusion at that point, but when taken with him going at Maw from the beginning, it looks weird. Also, didn't think much of his Tiink vote. I also think BG is sus, but not really for Wom's reasons. Anyway.

I'd like to vote Pants, in all honesty, but I don't think that would be helpful at this point in the Day, so I'm going to vote Poet.

After last game it feels weired to say that I agree with almost everything that Mmeesh says here. I don´t like the the bold part though. I agree with you and I know what you mean and that is why I actually didn´t bring it up. What you are doing here is pointing to something that you say you don´t want to point to.

PS Why don't you just make gamerelated posts, Pants? I must say this is almost irritating enough to vote you.

Agreed.

29 hours to deadline. We have seven votes on Poet, and four on Wombat. 10 to lynch. I don't believe someone with only 2 votes can get lynched this day (except if they both make a believable role claim that isn't countered), so it is Wombat or Poet. I must say (important moment, this is my first meta ever) that Wombat does things like randomly voting someone often to get the game going. And, well, about Maw's lynch, I only read that once, while rereading, but I don't remember that Wombat really, really much tried to get him lynched, as Turin's post with his vote appears to say. And D1 lynches, well, you just don't konw anything, and I don't think it can be easy to find a mafia this way. And Wombat is too experienced to stand out that much (yeah, of course, he could want us to think that, but that's just WIFOM). But about Poet... Well, I agree she shouldn't have talked about the mason on thread (however, I believe Des to be Watcher, so that means he's most likely not mason), because you point them out to mafia then. And for me it also seemed like she knew she hammered, and then she kept saying she didn't knew it. So I VOTE Poet.

Another strange defense of Wombat. First Locke and now you.

(This doesn't mean I'll keep my vote there. Might she convince me that she is town, I'm willing to vote someone else. But I normally want to always have my vote on someone to make clear who I think is scummiest, and I think I remember something about the random lynch being one of the non-voters. I don't like being random lynched. Or normally lynched, talking about that)

Do you think Poet is worth voting or not?

Yeah, now you quoted it, I remember.

I must say that I will maybe move my vote to someone else. But only if that person proclaims to be mafia. Otherwise it stays at Poet.

Yeh, right. I´m sure that will happen... :rolleyes:

Tina is really pinging me hardcore. I also don't like Leyrann's directing of us, saying the only two lynches we could achieve at this point are wombat and poet. Even if that's likely true, honestly it just seems like a way to pressure us to vote for poet because it would be so much easier to hammer him than wombat.

I'll say this though- I'm somewhat suspicious of all those that are just now trying to get on my side with my claim. Nobody claimed to really believe it before, even though I explained all of my reasoning for claiming at that point. And nothing has come out to vet me since, so anyone saying they definitely believe my claim NOW are prob just trying to connect themselves with a townie. FOS on Ley and Pants. Locke never really said he believed my claim, but he did point out that it didn't make sense to lynch a claimed watcher role, so for now he's off the hook for this FOS (I still don't like how he's pretty much defending anyone that people are focusing on without doing much casing)

Archived