DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Light Vs Shadow] - HEROES AND VILLIANS MAFIA

Talya

The no lynch vote was meant to enflame people and try to end the joke phase. I see that it worked :biggrin:

Red, you really are gonna be wary of me from now on aren't you? :tongue:

In fact, I think I've slightly angered a few people here outside of this game so I can see why I'm now once again drawing attention :blush:

Tbh I seriously can't wait for my first DM mafia game where I can actually get to be scum, this is like my 7th or 8th game or something like that, and I have yet to be mafia :sad:

Anyways now that everyone's gotten serious, I'll Unvote. Not sure yet who I would like to see pressure on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The no lynch vote was meant to enflame people and try to end the joke phase. I see that it worked :biggrin:

In fact, I think I've slightly angered a few people here outside of this game so I can see why I'm now once again drawing attention :blush:

Tbh I seriously can't wait for my first DM mafia game where I can actually get to be scum, this is like my 7th or 8th game or something like that, and I have yet to be mafia :sad:

Anyways now that everyone's gotten serious, I'll Unvote. Not sure yet who I would like to see pressure on.

Well, this is just a weird post.

Your initial post seemed fairly sincere to me. Not an attempt to rile everyone up, but more to hunker down and get working. No Lynch was a little odd, as I commented on it, and a few other people did as well. But it didn't seem like an attempt to "enflame."

I don't see what you angering people outside this game would have to do with this game. I think your post was odd and people didn't like it. That's what was drawing attention to you. Refencing that you've never been mafia and how you wish to be mafia is a newb mafia scumtell in my book. Seen it happen many times.

Then you unvote your No Lynch cause people didn't like it?

Seems off to me.

Well, perhaps it wasn't a good idea to reference how others might be upset at me for stuff outside the game, I'll give you that.

The no lynch was meant to kind of enflame people. I've seen that apparently that's what no lynch votes seem to do here on DM. I thought we might need something crucial to get us out of that huge joke vote thing (which I helped to propagate I know)

Perhaps it's a newb scumtell, me complaining about never being mafia, but it's true. I've been FOS'd in every game I've been in so far, and have yet to be mafia. I just wish there was a justifiable reason other than apparently my playstyle seems to rub others the wrong way. I could just start posting way less and follow the crowd more often, but that's just not my style.

/shrug

Your initial post seemed fairly sincere to me. Not an attempt to rile everyone up, but more to hunker down and get working. No Lynch was a little odd, as I commented on it, and a few other people did as well. But it didn't seem like an attempt to "enflame."

I don't see what you angering people outside this game would have to do with this game. I think your post was odd and people didn't like it. That's what was drawing attention to you. Refencing that you've never been mafia and how you wish to be mafia is a newb mafia scumtell in my book. Seen it happen many times.

Then you unvote your No Lynch cause people didn't like it?

Seems off to me.

what BG said. and no Desp i'm not gonna be anymore wary of you than i am of other players in this game :laugh: also, while i use meta to ge a gut reading, i don't use it to lynch people. infact alot of the same people who are in Reys game are in this one, you saw the reaction a vote purely on Meta got; so i also find it odd that you would claim Meta as being the reasoning your bring voted and poked in this game.

not meaning to talk about Rey awesome game, just pointing out why i find it odd that he felt he needed to blame Meta on him being in the lime light right now.

honestly the No Lynch attempt seemed more like an attempt to continue to joke vote string IMO; the entire quote had a jokey feel too it. so you saying that you were fishing with it contradicts the feel you post gave at the time.

Well, perhaps it wasn't a good idea to reference how others might be upset at me for stuff outside the game, I'll give you that.

The no lynch was meant to kind of enflame people. I've seen that apparently that's what no lynch votes seem to do here on DM. I thought we might need something crucial to get us out of that huge joke vote thing (which I helped to propagate I know)

Perhaps it's a newb scumtell, me complaining about never being mafia, but it's true. I've been FOS'd in every game I've been in so far, and have yet to be mafia. I just wish there was a justifiable reason other than apparently my playstyle seems to rub others the wrong way. I could just start posting way less and follow the crowd more often, but that's just not my style.

/shrug

tis the nture of the beast, just keep playing how you like to play best and others will get over it eventually *nods*

btw, this game has my 100% undivided Mafia game attention, so beware scum, i'm gonna sniff you out!! on a serious note, time to re-examine the thread and see what jumps out. should atleast be a few legit things to get some real pressure going.

Are we going to dance for the rest of the game or are we going to start playing? Time to start a bandwagon me thinks. Unvote. Vote Maw.

Maybe the joke between Des and BG means that they are on a team this time? That would be funny. Keeping my eyes on you.

this post pings. she's linking people together under the guise of a joke, but with her putting the bolded it gives the statement weight. feels like breadcrumbing to me.

Are we going to dance for the rest of the game or are we going to start playing? Time to start a bandwagon me thinks. Unvote. Vote Maw.

Someones anxious to lynch :aiel:

Vote Tina

this vote pings.

Fos at Des just for that Sig. It always must be BT first and formost. on second thought, Unvote. Vote Des

i understand that joke FoS's were flying around, but this is ridiculus. feels like a scum taking advantage of the jokey atmosphere to get a vote on someone and seperate themselves fromt he joke wagons.

to clarify, it's not the FoS i find scummy, or the vote; its the combonation of the both of them that pings me.

Pretty much BG. Can we call a redo? All this joke voting and tomfoolery has probably made it extremely easy for scum to slip underneath radar... How about this.

Unvote. Vote No Lynch.

i dislike this as well. the feeling from the post is jokish, but the No Lynch pick seems flamitory. i know Desp claims he was fishing with this, but it still pings me

Pretty much BG. Can we call a redo? All this joke voting and tomfoolery has probably made it extremely easy for scum to slip underneath radar... How about this.

Unvote. Vote No Lynch.

Ah, but the damage has been done, yes? Interesting you go straight to No Lynch rather than just an unvote. You also jumped off pretty quick after I posted so that is interesing to note and FoS worthy.

Really it was Nolder and Leelou that seemed to take advantage of the train idea. They were the 5th votes respectively on each train. Your's was later after the fun and games got rolling, mine and Maw's votes for each other made sense respectively, Red was got the idea moving and into people's minds.

If we apply pressure, I say it should be in that area. Nolder tends to be good at putting pressure on himself often enough so to change it up:

Unvote: Vote Leelou

you explained this already yes, but it still doesn't sit well with me. out of the 3 you FoS in your, Desp has more legit reason to vote for.

however i do agree that the scum likely took advantage of the joke vote somehow *nods*

Oooh, competing trains! I love competing trains! Let me see, my choices are bg or.... me. Well, I suppose i'll VOTE BG then...

Okay, meesh and des did that really, really close to each other. just sayin.

BG makes logic. Pressure on leelou sounds like a reasonable course of action. VOTE LEELOU.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Now everyone can see my mistake! Stupid no edit rule...

I don't like this. Do you have any original thoughts?

UNVOTE, VOTE Maw

Song makes a good point, Maws shadowing is scummy; but it's not the scummiest thing in thread so far imo.

Des and Maw are pinging the most... Des for his immediate no lynch vote and Maw for his shadowing of BG.

Not enough for a vote yet, but that's who i am watching.

Maw wasn't just shadowing BG Ama, this seems like a mistake you'd make if you were skimming imo.

several things ping abotu this post.

1st - the need to decalre he's town in every game, i agree with others that this feels like he's pushign the townie card too much

2nd - is him using Meta as an explination for why he's getting FoSd and voted rather than his actions in game

3rd - is his reasoning behind the No Lynch joke vote. he claims it was to push start the game yet the wording and flippant feel of the vote makes it read like trying to start another joke train.

Was just going to bed but I will answer Red first. What kind of breadcrumbing would that be? It doesn´t matter because I think breadcrumbing is pointless anyway. Just because someone hints somewhere at their role doesn´t mean that it´s truth.

*sigh*

this is probly sticking my head straight into a noose, but i feel the need to protect Turin and Des. I don't think either have played before, beyond a little joke game we had here at the BT. Turin probly thought that his vote was just a normal extension of an FoS, especially with the joke votes flying around in this game so far. Just his bad luck he chose the time when we started actually looking for scum. Des is just inexperienced and reckless in general, but if he keeps this up i might be persuaded to go after him.

Actually I was really was just a little irked with the sig. I let that get the better of me. I figured there was still plenty of time to change if needed. Now tho I see Des stating he has never been mafia in a game. Maybe that little game doesn't count as a "real" game to him, but it was set up and modded and all those things. In that game Des was the bigest Town cheerleader around but did in fact turn out to be mafia. He seems to have his pom-poms out again. It smells of deja vu. I will leave my vote there for now.

There are a couple people who are starting to stick out to me. I do not have time right now to dig through the thread - budgets @ work. I'll be home at 6 EST tonight and will sit down and write up a proper response.

Same here. Trying to close and reconcile our monthly books in accounting. My head hurts. :P

I have a few things that pinged me but will try and actually put together something coherent when I get back from work and choir practice tonight.

Feeling a lot better, not 100%, but better. May still be scarce, but hopefully not. Thanks for the well wishes I got; it helped. :smile: Also, I need to post here more; the thread keeps disappearing from my content and somehow I missed the last 10 posts or so until I went back and realized I hadn't read them. XD It took me straight to the last post. XD

I didn't like Despo's post much at all, either. I'd have to go back and double-check to be sure, but I remember getting the distinct impression from Maw's posts that he and Despo are connected somehow. First it seemed like he was accusing Despo of being scummy (he and I "posted too close together"), but then I noticed how he avoided saying he'd be up for a Despo vote (but would be up for a vote on me; selective much?) and is still trying to keep a Despo vote from happening. I get the feeling his accusation of Despo and myself posting too closely together was mostly a distancing tool.

I could go either way, at the moment (voting for either Maw or Desp).

I was going to do the whole quote thing, but there are far too many and I need to go grocery shopping tonight. So I'm going to give a short break down of a couple of people that are standing out right now.

Maw: You start off voting Ley, I know you miss him but he's not in this game. Then you defend your vote with a pretty bad defense - that joke votes don't impact lynches - well they can depending on how people react to things. You have been shadowing BG with the last couple moves you have made. And Des has played plenty of games. He's no noob. Defense noted.

Des: You sir, are all over the place. Your joke vote for BG, then unvoting immediately. Then you vote BG again on his train. Unvote, vote no lynch. Get called on that and unvote. Definitely keeping an eye on you.

BG: I wasn't joke voting your train. I was serious. We gain info from competing trains. The game was getting serious and you turned it back into a joke. Red and Des helped. Granted it was hilarious, just that is where the jokes came back into game play.

Red: You started the trains but as soon as they were picking up speed you helped turn it back into a joke.

Tiink: The FoS at you was serious as well. I'm actually sick of seeing the first person who wants to get the game going FoS'd. Someone has to get everyone out of joke mode.

I'm happy where my vote is and it is staying there for right now.

Oooh, competing trains! I love competing trains! Let me see, my choices are bg or.... me. Well, I suppose i'll VOTE BG then...

BG makes logic. Pressure on leelou sounds like a reasonable course of action. VOTE LEELOU.

UNVOTE, VOTE Maw

Song makes a good point, Maws shadowing is scummy; but it's not the scummiest thing in thread so far imo.

*nods* It does seem to be a theme with him though, so hopefully once he realizes he does it all the time, maybe he'll try and voice his own opinion instead of relying on others to do it...

By the way Maw, Desp is no newb....

More thoughts on game to follow.

Locke is obviously scum, he totlaly ignored my foS on him.

<-- feels the unlove from Locke now :tongue:

:ohmy:

:dry:

:unsure:

:mellow:

:blush:

Was vaguely on my itinerary. >.>

14. Locke - FoS because i aint played with you in ages and if memory serves you were always scum then too

Me, scum? But I'm the very image of Innocence! (psst, you should unFoS me)

On the less serious/important side of things, I need to re-read before forming my opinions. Right now, the past of this thread is all jumbled. Will try to get to that tonight. All I have to say for now, is that I didn't think Des's no lynch vote was scummy but her explanation on the other hand...

Maybe the joke between Des and BG means that they are on a team this time? That would be funny. Keeping my eyes on you.

I don't like this post, normally people who start getting serious give a reason why. Both of those wagons, on MAw and BG, didn't give us much info at all.

On a more serious note: now we are sitting on this by my count as far as the train goes:

BG(6)

Maw(5)

I guess I win?

Now to see how this plays out. Historically, the trains will kind of linger as we analyze everybody's votes and reactions. One of the two will pull into the lead, will reveal and we will switch to the other person last minute before deadline because we always manage to pick people with powerful roles (or liars pretending to have powerful roles) on Day 1 to pressure.

Unfortunately, everyone got caught up in the train moment that Red started and I followed onto, that we don't have any reasonings whatsoever for the votes. So, now we are at a standstill as everyone sits and waits for something to happen.

I agree with this post. Those trains didn't really do much at all >.>

ut

UNVOTE, VOTE Maw

Yeah, I do... Did you read the top of my post? I just didn't think that it was vote-worthy at the moment. Pressuring leelou seems reasonable, but I would also be open to a meesh vote.

No you didn't say or do anything original or helpful in that post. That's the point. Voting for someone, twice, for the sake of bandwagoning and "pressuring" isn't helpful.

A few things:

1) Sorry been kinda zoned out the last few days.

2)

13. Aiel Heart - FoS because i liek your dragons

HAHAHA

3) Vote Des

Why?

I don't like this quote speciafically for the "I can't wait to be scum finally" portion. It reeks. I understand the unvote though because I didn't think you were serious about the no lynch in the first place.

I'm happy with my vote where it is however, until I see some attempt to be helpful out of Maw. I don't like it when people don't post thoughts on the game and blindly follow other peoples suggestions. Maw you say you'd be happy to vote meesh? but why?

Archived