DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you've spent too much time on the WoT when...

Superhal

When you ask someone what the greatest fantasy series of all time is and they say "Lord of the Rings" and you look at them as if they didn't learn to read in grade school

When you insist so much that your cousin should read the series so much that you re-buy the whole series on kobo and give them your entire paperback series (and now he refuses to give it back)

When you wonder if the taint of saidar feels like the flu

When you wish you could ward yourself in the library to quietly read tWoT

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

... You not only practice ji'eh'toh but are shocked when others around you act like honorless welanders...

... You believe that "Mother's milk in a cup" is a vulgar curse meriting having your mouth washed out with soap.

... You plan your annual vacations around the publication dates of the next installment.

When you get drunk at a party and start talking about WoT, and make out its the newest eath shattering theory in space/time and RJ is greater than Einstein and Newton put together.(Which he is)

At least I'm not the only one... mind you some of the stuff has come in handy in my metaphysics classes

You call elephants s'redit

You live in a state with a town called Watch Hill (RI) and assume that means you're from the Two Rivers

You have actually done some of the things people are listing on this thread in real life

You named your daughter Elayne after a certain bath-taking Daughter Heir (I have a friend who did this)

You give your sept and clan when introducing yourself

You named your one-eyed fish Uno

• 3 weeks later...

When giving a friend (who has never even read the series, I don't know what to do with him sometimes :/ ) relationship advice, you find yourself saying 'The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills'.

When you have a perfect day and everything just goes right for you, you become convinced you are Ta'veren.

When you start referring to tobacco as tabac, and find yourself looking for two river's tabac whenever you go to buy more, then get depressed and in a foul mood because nowhere sells it.

... you cant help jumping into every discussion involving a particular character, even when its aaaaall been said before... and your excuse is "The Wheel of Time turns, and topics come and pass, leaving discussions that become debates."

Debates rage to arguments, but even arguments are forgotten when the topic that gave it birth comes again.

• 1 month later...

I've done many of these things...some of them deliberately.

...you don't accidentally say things like "sleep well and wake" or "Blood and bloody ashes", but actually went out of your way to ingrain them into your vocabulary. (it took me a while, but I now use "sleep well and wake" and "Phaw!" quite commonly. Gotta love Cadsuane.)

...have spent hours pouring over d&d source material trying to figure out how best to recreate WoT characters in the game.

...when you continue to assert that AMoL will be released on 12/21/12 b/c it would be the end of (the wheel of) time as we know it.

...every time you are invited to play the 'white s'redit' christmas game you grab a copy of EotW.

@ Drekka Mort: Kudos

@ Mr Ares: I do say goram a lot =]

Honestly, who doesnt want their girlfriend to dance the sa'sara or ta'ganza?

...have spent hours pouring over d&d source material trying to figure out how best to recreate WoT characters in the game.

Do you have the WoT RPG? I think they have character sheets for all the main characters in there. Or do you just prefer using the D&D system over theirs?

Also, those are Alex Gray pictures in your signature and avatar picture, right? Pretty sweet, I love that guy. :biggrin:

You try to convince your mom that you don’t have to clean your room because you’ve fashioned it after Gareth Byrne’s tent (only he knows how to get through it; it stops the monsters in the closet assassins)

Edited by Aiel Heart