DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you've spent too much time on the WoT when...

Superhal

...you finish a particularly challenging task and say "I win again Lews Therin"

...you actually say "Light!"

...you tell you brother on chat every night "sleep well and wake"

...you own an Aes Sedai shawl

...you had to explain to friends and family why getting an Aes Sedai shawl for your birthday was THE best gift ever!!

I did actually say "Light!" once in conversation. It just slipped out. Boy, was that embarrassing.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About those real Forsaken name's (page 1), lets see which I know:

Elan Morin Tedronai (Ishamael/Moridin)

Mierin (Lanfear/Cyndane)(I'm not sure about her other names)

Barid Bel Medar (Demandred)

Tel Janin Aellinesar (Sammael)

(I forget Asmo, but I should know it)

Okay, I don't know much. But I started not even one and half a year ago.

You've spent too much time on the WoT when...

You know the names of all the WoT months (Aine, ehh, what are the others?).

You know the names of the countries of the Free Years.

You know the names of the Ten Nations.

You know how much sons and daughters Artur Hawkwing had (with names).

When you say "Light" and "Blood and bloody ashes" without even thinking about it

Ok so I had a dream the other night that me and a friend of mine were hanging with Aviendha and Egwene. Aviendha was partway through reading the WoT series and was doing so to learn more about Min. Egwene was almost done with the series and we were having a pleasant time talking to her while Aviendha was reading (and according to my dream, she is a slow reader) but she had to keep going off to do Amyrlin stuff because Aes Sedai were trying to do stuff behind her back

Hilarious! I laughed all the way through these lists.

I haven't actually said "Light" out loud, but I have thought it. I have also been giving my kids teasers in hopes that they will read them when they get older. They already know the story line! They have been watching me read them since they were born!!

... when you say "the one power" instead of "magic".

... when a crazy coincidence happens and you say, "Ta'veren".

... when you're reading a book on famous murders and you wonder why Asmo isn't listed.

... when you say, "Light!", "Blood and bloody ashes!", "Mother's milk in a cup!" and "Flaming" instead of normal swear lords.

... when you wake up and find yourself reaching for a WoT book.

... when you wonder if people are actually reincarnated Forsaken.

... when you tell your kids to "Go to bed or Lanfear will get you!" (Okay, I'm not even married, but you know)

... when you perfectly recreate Snakes and Foxes and play it.

... when you look in the newspaper to see if there have been any false dragons recently.

Yeah, I'm in trouble...

Automatically say "Light!" and "Blood and bloody ashes!" even in serious situations. No one's ever commented on it, which is probably a good thing.

Re-created Sha'rah, and played it a couple times. Won by giving my opponent control of the Fisher :cool:

On the Forsaken from memory...

Ishamael-Elan Morin Tedronai

Lanfear-Mierin Eronaile

Graendal-Kamarille Maradim Nindar

Asmodean-Joar Adam Nessosin (or something like that; I'm going from memory, not wikipedia)

Moghedian-Lillath Moiral? And wasn't she an insurance saleswoman? One of the Forsaken was at least...

Never have nightmares because I balefire anything scary that shows up in my dreams (seriously! :wink: )

Loved it all

when you...

... use phrases "more people know Jack Fool, than Jack Fool knows" Lini's "I'm old enough that if I make a saying it still an old saying" etc.

... walk around telling people, here try this book. Nah that's just a healthy interest.

... think a little saidin/saidar could solve the problem your in.

... are more invested in the outcome of the story than your own life (that's just sad, but it still describes me)

You know you've spent too much time on WoT when, after the shop assistant says to you "Im sorry, we have drawing pins, and safety pins, but not Dragon pins" you pause for a moment and say "Do you believe that I could kill you?"

Lord Drekka this had my sides hurt I was laughin so hard.

- When you google "Eye of the World movie news" several times a day

- When you get excited when a light turns red on you, that way you can read another paragraph

- When you imagine punishing your spouse for being haughty by holding her in the air in weaves of air

- When you wish you were in high school or a college creative writing class again just so you can write a report on the Wheel of Time...again

- When you've honestly attempted to picture the flame and the void while meditating (no joke, it's actually worked pretty well!)

- When you let your beard grow out just so you can pretend you're a wolfbrother, then feel ashamed that you haven't bought colored contacts yet

- When you ask someone reading another fantasy series if they've read WoT, and whether they say yes or no you immediately start talking about your favorite Forsaken

- When you pray nightly that December 21, 2012 is when the first person learns to channel and the Age of Legends can begin already

So? She is the one who works most to save the world. Except maybe Rand Sedai.

If by "the world," you mean "the Tower." Moiraine, Verin, Nynaeve, and a bunch of others have done much more to save the world than Egwene.

*Logain´s Pet rips out her hair* This is a You know you spent too much time on WoT thread... discussions about I want to kiss Egwene´s feet/I want to thrust a blade in Egwene can be taken there.

Getting us back on track:

- When you pray nightly that December 21, 2012 is when the first person learns to channel and the Age of Legends can begin already

Dude, I've been doing it for years now, hum maybe it when everyone else starts, lol.

......Thinking on how portal stones actually work, and designing plans on them.

.... Wanting your hair to grow longer so you can put it in one thick braid and then shake said braid at people. :nynaeve:

... When your mom post a post- chemo picture your first thought it "Oh MY, SEANCHAN!!! RUN!"

.When you pull a black bandana out to prevent smoke inhalation and your friends joke that you've gone Aiel :aiel: ( happened 3 years ago when the forest fire smoke was way to thick and I didn't have a smoke mask)

*Logain´s Pet rips out her hair* This is a You know you spent too much time on WoT thread... discussions about I want to kiss Egwene´s feet/I want to thrust a blade in Egwene can be taken there.

You know you've spent too much time on WoT when you tug your hair in times of frustration, especially if it's a braid. :wink:

You know you've spent too much time on WoT when you tug your hair in times of frustration, especially if it's a braid. :wink:

No braid this time, but that´s easily fixed. :tongue:

You know you spent too much time on WoT:

- when you have awesome dreams about Logain and Rand showing up at work to get their most powerful Aes Sedai back to Randland to save the day... aka me lol.

- When you look at certain clothes and think: "Hmm this would fit as an Asha´man coat.

- When you look at certain people and go: "Aha, there goes Mazrim Taim."

- When you explain certain plotpoints happenings to your loved ones, who doesn´t wanna listen. You make them listen!

- When you have more awesome dreams about battles and more Wheel of Time related stuffs.

- When you get angry if someone says bad things about WoT