DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you've spent too much time on the WoT when...

Superhal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

When it seems like every free moment of your day seems to be seems to be something WoT related--reading the books, being on dragonmount, on a WoT-related fb group, or checking BS's page for the millionth time to see if AMoL is any more done

Also, if you freak out on your stats on fb every time that the % of AMoL goes up and you constantly check to see if it's done so :P

When your watching sports in the pub with your mates, the game is tied with a few minutes left ans hanging in the balance.....

..... and you mutter "it's time to roll the dice"....

sad but true

Even worse if you say "dovie'andi se tovya sagain".

... you dream that you are Rand (while you are not even a man)

... you try tugging your braid, wondering how Nynaeve could do it so strongly, feeling disappointed it's rather not something you would do naturally

... you are frustrated that you can't read all those interesting threads and theories on DM because you haven't read TGS yet (because your country is soooo late with translation, grrr!) and there are spoilers

... your frustration grows because you're gonna forget all the details until aMoL comes out and you don't have time for another reread

... you recite sayings from WoT to people and read the prophecies loudly to yourself with pathos and dramaturgy, imagining your voice sounds thunderously or trying to find the best intonation

... you're trying to practise WoT women's crushing gazes (actually THIS stuff is fantasy!)

... you say "burn me!"

This is life.

Edited by gwenifer

ohh boy.....im screwed if this is a bad thing....but other then saying bloody hell i use light and flaming regularly...oddly i used to swear a lot but started substituting after a particularly long stint of wot re-reading due to some downtime from work.

you know your into wot to much when your KID who has never touch a book says and i quote. "burn me that was hot"

dreamed it....talked it. gotten into verbal fisticuffs with fans of another books series simply because they merited theirs with being shorter. /sigh.

theres a lot more but i can think of it all at once.

shes almost eleven now and she rides with me and listens to the wot audio books while i drive sometimes early in the morning. she just started the harry potthead series....again. she reads the way i do which means sleep is trivial food just a necessity to ensure she can keep reading....and for everything else...huh. if she were aes sedai she would be an odd mix of brown and green........very odd mix.

So? She is the one who works most to save the world. Except maybe Rand Sedai.

If by "the world," you mean "the Tower." Moiraine, Verin, Nynaeve, and a bunch of others have done much more to save the world than Egwene.

*Logain´s Pet rips out her hair* This is a You know you spent too much time on WoT thread... discussions about I want to kiss Egwene´s feet/I want to thrust a blade in Egwene can be taken there.

You know you've spent too much time on WoT when you derail an office meeting into an Egwene bashing meeting. Guess that's more of a "You know you've spent too much time on Dragonmount" thing

You know you've spent to much time reading WoT when a fruit or vegetable has gone rotten and your first thought is "the Dark One is touching the world"

^this all the time

You know you've spent too much time reading WoT when you plan to name your first born Elyas or Alanna.

The wife likes the names, however, i need to wait for AMoL before i settle for sure on Alanna....

Edited by Gympok

When Dragonmount and Sandersons page are 75% of your browser bookmarks

Your morning ritual is waking up, and then checking if aMoL is any closer to being done

You spent 520 hours listening to the audiobooks in one month

Your desktop wallpaper is the cover art to one of the books

You feel you know the characters better than your real friends

You spend 7 minutes of your life writing a Dragonmount forum post on an iPad in a Starbucks.

I'm thinking about that one... I think I should want ToM, in that case.

(ebook version)

... When you check Dragonmount every five minutes (if not less).

Edited by Leyrann

The last two posts is me! I check to see if AMoL is any more done multiple times every day, am always on dragon mount, and though I haven't listened to the audios I read quite a bit and my wallpaper is a wolf which is in honor of the wolf kin and the wolves in WoT

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about that one... I think I should want ToM, in that case.

(ebook version)

For a while I used the e-book cover art from A Crown of Swords for my desktop wallpaper.

Lately I've been using stills from the HBO version of A Game of Thrones, alternated with a couple of screenshots i pulled while watching the DVD of the first Lord of the Rings movie on my computer. :)

First post. Love to be around.

"when all of a sudden there is a clearing in an otherwise cloudy black sky (thunderstorm) and mutter: so he is here".

"when you wonder in which ajah your friends would fit better (and you for that matter)".

"when you feel goosebumbs and turn around nervously wondering which woman around you is channeling" (If you're a dude)

"When you hope that the next HBO special series announcement has something to do with WOT"

"When you see yet another egwene hate/love thread and wish to balefire your phone/monitor/PC/MAC"

Re-reading for the who-knows-how-many time, when nearing a momentous decision you know he/she is going to act like an idiot and get it wrong... again. So you just pause for a while and fantasize how it would all work or the better if you were calling the shots.