DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

Sorry about such a long post I missed like 10 pages after one day and have a lot to catch up on :/

Well mynd, you dont seem to be paying me any mind, and ive been locked on you since my first post. So your coming off a little hypocritical

I only worry about people who are re-acting to things I say, not my mere presence in the game.  ;)

and giving us false information also.

What false information have I given?

Mynd, I will disagree with you on that part. Getting reactions can be for anything.

Where have my questions been directed at anything other than behavior?  Again, you are grasping. 

Again...you really don't know how I work....I post...a lot.

I lock onto things....especially when it seems fun.

Perhaps you should post something helpful to the game then instead of being so concerned with me.  You are blatantly ignoring some very big red flags, such as TMD, Marta, and the bandwagon on Al Jenn, so why not comment on that. By all means make it funny, but at least make it relevant.

Otherwise, lynching you would at worst get rid of a useless poster.  At best, we nail a mafia.

Your false information is this:

TMD jumped off the AL Jenn bandwagon as soon as I pointed it out and went with a very weak vote in its place.  His justification?  He didn't want to lynch someone he thought was innocent.  How would he know?

Which all you had mentioned about the Al Jenn Bandwagon is this:

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] .....although, lynching dragonsworn on Day 1 has always been good luck! ;) 

This bandwagon is forming way too fast on Al Jenn.  While I can see why there is reason to, there are a couple others pinging big time already. 

Namely, ed2funny!  Why WOULDN'T you vote for me if someone already did...unless you were trying to act innocent and NOT jump on the Mynd bandwagon?  Only mafia are that concerned with how they look when voting.

Let's be honest, I am blessed and cursed by this supposed notorious reputation I have earned for myself.  The mafia will want to slant the lynch my way on Day 1 to get rid of me, but they don't want to make it look like a bandwagon. Innocents will be wary of me, but only the mafia know for sure that I am innocent.

Hence...I think [glow=red,2,300]ed2funny[/glow] is our first mafia!  Make sense? 

which I explained was untrue in this post, (Which you obviously did not read):

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] .....although, lynching dragonsworn on Day 1 has always been good luck! ;) 

This bandwagon is forming way too fast on Al Jenn.  While I can see why there is reason to, there are a couple others pinging big time already. 

Namely, ed2funny!  Why WOULDN'T you vote for me if someone already did...unless you were trying to act innocent and NOT jump on the Mynd bandwagon?  Only mafia are that concerned with how they look when voting.

Let's be honest, I am blessed and cursed by this supposed notorious reputation I have earned for myself.  The mafia will want to slant the lynch my way on Day 1 to get rid of me, but they don't want to make it look like a bandwagon. Innocents will be wary of me, but only the mafia know for sure that I am innocent.

Hence...I think [glow=red,2,300]ed2funny[/glow] is our first mafia!  Make sense? 

oh yep, Locke was right, Mynd only mentions the Al Jenn bandwagon in this post. Right after that I get off (before Mynd comments anything else about the Al Jenn bandwagon).

Mynd, all you do is try to discredit! :P

This is true, Mynd has been trying pretty much to build a case against everyone that has posted so far at least somewhat (except Al Jenn I believe) His information is insightful yet not always helpful (and sometimes just a pain to read all the way though). So if something happens to either Al Jenn or Mynd and they end up being lynched and are scum, it should be a good idea to watch the other very closely.

We need to hear from some of these lurkers and ghost players.  Inactive drive me nuts, but I refuse to lynch someone simply because they are inactive.  Unresponsive...now that's different. 

Mynd - Why the third or fourth people? Is it because they waited? If so, wouldn't the first and second be more likely suspects, due to not wanting to appear as though they waited?

Its odds really.  A lot of mafia players vote each other on Day 1 initially, as to appear not on the same team.  It's hard to say that the first person voting someone is creating a bandwagon since, by definition, the bandwagon doesn't form until more people vote.

Typically, but not always, the third or fourth person voting on a bandwagon is mafia because they see an opportunity for a quick lynch.  Veteran players, feel free to correct me, but it has been my experience that mafia try to slip their votes on when momentum is being built on a particular player, such as Al Jenn.  If there are already two or three votes on one particular player, then the mafia can jump on and try to get the bandwagon moving closer to lynch.  This is why I was making the comment about the bandwagon on Al Jenn happening way too fast.

For the record, I do not 100% feel that Al Jenn is innocent, but in my opinion, he is less likely because of the reasons mentioned earlier than some others who have really looked guilty.  Hope this makes sense.

And now I get why you are annoying people.. Come on, everyone has a different playstyle, no one is gonna not post just because you said so...

You have to be playing the game to have a playstyle.  Are you that bent on defending Ed that you fail to admit that his posts are not helpful? If they are not helpful, then why post at all? 

I also hate lurking players because usually around 80% of the time at least one of them is scum. Usually those that only post once or twice by day 3 (Since those that don't post at all usually are mod killed by that point). So it is good to keep a close watch on those as well.

Ok I agree usually mafia vote on the bandwagon even if it is a scum player around halfway to 3/4 of the way through. From my personal opinion I don't think they would bandwagon one of their own players on day one, especially with this many people playing.

Even though ed's post aren't really helpful sometimes there is good reason to post (showing your active, ect.) and sometimes they give away something about someone's roll. So even though they aren't really helpful (or long which I like) they can still possibly give something away.

Edit: Ah, Mynd, it is a flaw of mine, you saw me back up Marta to an extent, because she is my friend, and Ed is more than that to me.. So it's got me between a rock and a hard place. I am not trying to defend his innocence, because God knows that I have no idea which he is, but I see the sense in his EdSpam where few people see it, because I am very in-tune with how he talks and posts.. So to help others understand how it makes sense.. Well, again, it is my flaw.

to note that Adella/ed should be watched if something happens to one of them and they end up being mafia.

With quotes....maybe he will undersand me. :P

Namely, ed2funny!  Why WOULDN'T you vote for me if someone already did...unless you were trying to act innocent and NOT jump on the Mynd bandwagon?  Only mafia are that concerned with how they look when voting. 1

Let's be honest, I am blessed and cursed by this supposed notorious reputation I have earned for myself.  The mafia will want to slant the lynch my way on Day 1 to get rid of me, but they don't want to make it look like a bandwagon. Innocents will be wary of me, but only the mafia know for sure that I am innocent.2

1. Nah..I don't care how I look all the time. :P

2. Yes, you've proven your innocence. ::)

OK, I read the 6 pages, and I believe you are all scum... But I won't vote yet, I still have to think a bit... Hopefully, Adella is not scum... I would love to see her on my side. That is why I won't vote for her... yet. And Ed might be scum, but he is fuNy, so he might not be... So confusing...

In Mafia 101, I do believe this is the very example they use of one trying real hard to NOT look scummy.  I believe it's page 42 in the handbook, with some name changes of course.  Anyways, since I haven't played with Marta before, is this typical of her to be "so confused" on Day 1 to not vote anyone? 

Again, (agreeing with Thorum *gasp!*) Mafia go out of their way to NOT appear scummy because they are conscious of their alignment.  Would you agree that Marta is trying to look extra innocent here?

I don't see it. She votee for a confirmed Innocent (who was still innocent at the time) because she didn't realy read back yet. So, no, not very scummy there.

Marta, were you and Adella on the same side in your first game?  Your post sounds a lot like someone's first time being Mafia and trying to really look innocent.  Why are you so reluctant to vote? 

Why is that everyone who deosn't vote gets your personal attention? o_0

THE ONE RING HAS BEEN FOUND!

Marta commented. TMD didn't. Player did. SOm1else didn't. Mynd didn't.

Mynd posts some link I haven't clicked because this computer sucks. No one seems to remember.

OH, I wonder who found it! This game is soooo exciting. Ok, I admit, it was out of spite. But i would [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]as soon as I found someone more suspicious...

The unvote is really susupicious here.

I'd like to point out that NO ONE is confirmed innocent to anyone else at this point (unless you are mafia and know who the other mafia members are, unless there are more than one mafia team (which may happen in a group this large, it has been known to happen especially mafia games hosted by Far))

So Ed's post here pings my radar a little bit.

I didn't comment on the ring being found because there is no use at this point since we don't know who found it. It may be that Al Jenn had the ring at the start of day 1 and after his precious comment lost the ring (to be found my Thorum/or however you spell his name?) I'm not sure I'll have to check if that post about precious was before or after it was found. It may be a roll restriction where the one ring holder may have to post something about the precious each day. Something to keep in mind and think about.

1. Ellianora

10. ThorkinBarrimore

13. MCS

15. Lia

17. Pookie

21. Blig Blog

24. Millon

25. David Hermes

These are the people I don't remember checking in yet. I am pretty sure I saw a post at least once from everyone else.

And yes Thorum. I would like to know who found the Ring. And what it does.

Now THIS is helpful ed!

Mynd, what I would like to know is why don't you vote against me when you think I scream mafia? Or someone else said that and voted against me (can't remember who, it was couple of pages ago). What I think is that you are town, and that you are not sure who town is too, and that is why you won't vote against me and that you are not THAt sure I am scum.

This screams quite a bit like jester to me. Something that I will keep in mind.

Also Marta and Adella's voting and unvoting is kind of annoying and somewhat suspicious since they are not really helpful with anything at this point and kind of just throwing suspicion everywhere except at themselves (except marta seems to kind of wanting to get lynched as I explained in my last quote). Which this is all highly suspicious to me and I shall keep watch over.

*waves* Hey Bliggy! 

Ok Thorum, consider these...

As to Al Jenn, I'd for now say (s)he is the LEAST likely to be mafia. You are careful when you are mafia. No joking about Preciouses...

One in four is mafia (on average).

Which would make the chances small that none of the 5 who have voted for Al Jenn are not mafia.

So maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, but it appears to me that you are suggesting that 1) Al Jenn is the least likely to be mafia and that 2) at least one of the 5 people voting for him is likely mafia.  Is this correct?

Let's revisit those who voted for Al Jenn, including TMD who removed his vote so quickly.

DAY 1 VOTE

Al Jenn: (5) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS

I would find Aemon the least likely because that vote is likely the most random.  TMD looks suspicious for suddenly unvoting after I pointed out the bandwagon was forming way too fast.  Could have been agreeing with me or could have been worried about being fingered.  Locke, Charis, Dragon, and MCS... let's hear your thoughts on this!

As I pointed out earlier in the game you did not say anything about Al Jenn's bandwagon being suspicious. And you keep trying to post things against people with the SAME INFORMATION REPEATED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! WE GET IT ALREADY! READ THE DANG POSTS ALREADY AND FIND SOME NEW INFORMATION ALREADY! As a few players have pointed out, they have replied to your "discussions" and you have either failed to see them or to acknowledge them.

DAY 1 VOTE:

Mynd: (4) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon

Al Jenn: (3) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS

Ed: (3)         Mynd Wombat Efrit

Wombat: (2) Lia Thorkin

Som1else: (2) Locke Pookie

Dragon: (1) Mynd TMD

Thorum: (1) Adella

Marta: (1) Meesh

Amadine: (1) Marta Millon

Locke: (0) Meesh

Adella: (0) Player

Pookie: (0) Locke

Thorum: (0) Dragon

There are 28 players, it takes 15 to lynch.

Not voting:  Elli, Ed, Amadine, Tigs, Marta, Talm, bliggy, Efrit, Play3r, David H, Som1

Not signed in yet: Elli, David H

Just thought I'd quote this again since it's helpful. Also as far as I can remember Blig, som1, tigs, amadine, meesh, thorum, and thorkin, efrit and MCS, where they have posted around 2 or 3 posts (if more than 1) if I remember right.

Also Efrit has not even TRIED to post anything helpful and just been like "oh im a little newbie player, I don't understand anything help me" posts which I think there have been 3 or so of these. Which is highly pinging my radar, where he is not contributing anything and lurking quite a bit.

Here!

Okay I had to skim the pages because there were too many and it takes me a few hours to read 20 pages(I'm not joking!) So I'll analyse the pages when I have more time. Anyway, I got mafia vibes off a couple of people, one of them is Marta and the other one I'll keep for myself for now.

So I [glow=red,2,300]vote Marta[/glow].

Oh yeah, I wouldn't get too worried about who has the ring because basically we are clueless on what it does. So if something happens that most of us find off, it might be to do with the ring; but for now let's concentrate on lynching mafia! :D

I agree it takes FOREVER to read all these pages, and same with the ring like I commented earlier, its useless at this point to worry about it now since we have no idea who has it or what it does. We CAN try to figure out who has it though by posts (eg. the precious posts, may be a hint but not necessarily true).

Led and Ed DO need to stop making unrelated posts in this thread however or I may ask Talya to split them of (since she is the mod for this game, or do it myself (eg. the ones about getting home, taking a shower, etc. COMPLETELY unnecessary)

Oh, I've checked in, my energetic friend. I was just one step ahead of

you this time. The nighttime cometh soon.  ;)

That pinged my radar.

Just a side note, but if Mynd is scum that probably means AJ is to.

It looks like Mynd was trying to disband the wagon on him.

I agree with both these statements. But Thorkin may have just possibly just been referring to that the normal 3 day thing is getting close.

Ok sorry for the AMAZINGLY LONG POST I have most likely repeated myself several times (I was putting my comments from page 14 or whatever my last post was to now as I was reading it) So if you made it this far and read the whole thing congratulations.

For now I will [glow=red,2,300]unvote dragon[/glow] because his recent posts haven't seen quite so scummy yet that one is still suspicious to me so he is still on my suspicious list though not as high as Elli, Tigs, Marta, bliggy, Efrit, and Som1 are (may be someone else too idr). The highest on my list right now is efrit, bliggy, and elli though. But Elli may get mod killed here soon if she doesn't log in on day one soon since I still think she hasn't posted on here yet.

If Talya puts a time limit on us soon those that have one person votes on them may need to unvote them and vote for someone else but so far she hasn't. So at this point it is most likely that Al Jenn (which I don't think has posted at all since the first 5 or so pages), ed, or Mynd, which don't all exactly ping my radar as high as others, but ed it higher on my list than mynd or al jenn. So if we end up having to bandwagon one of them it will be ed for me. I'm thinking more for marta or efrit right now though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The nighttime cometh soon.  ;)

I find this, just like Ed and aemon, highly weird and suspitious... You must have a night power or something, and I believe it is not a good one... I will vote against you because I have to vote for someone, + I think Mynd is not that scummy, and I am not really sure why have you all jumped on Al's post, and started for his neck. So [glow=red,2,300]ThorkinBarrimore[/glow]...

DAY 1 VOTE:

Al Jenn: (5) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS Millon Som1

Mynd: (4) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon

Ed: (4) Mynd Wombat Efrit Lia

Wombat: (2) Lia Thorkin

Som1else: (2) Locke Pookie

Marta: (2) Meesh David H

Thorum: (1) Adella

Thorkin: (1) Marta

Dragon: (0) Mynd TMD

Amadine: (0) Marta Millon

Locke: (0) Meesh

Adella: (0) Player

Pookie: (0) Locke

Thorum: (0) Dragon

Not voting: Elli Ed Amadine Tigs Talm Bliggy Efrit Play3r

There are 28 players it takes 15 to lynch.

Talya! Is that count correct?

If Efrit unvoted (I will find the quote later if you want, but you also have him as not voting...), why do I have  4?

I think I smell a double voter....

I didn't comment on the ring being found because there is no use at this point since we don't know who found it. It may be that Al Jenn had the ring at the start of day 1 and after his precious comment lost the ring (to be found my Thorum/or however you spell his name?) I'm not sure I'll have to check if that post about precious was before or after it was found. It may be a roll restriction where the one ring holder may have to post something about the precious each day. Something to keep in mind and think about.

It could be either Gollum or Bilbo (maybe Frodo, though I doubt it). Not Thorum. I have to agree the names look very similar ;D

This screams quite a bit like jester to me. Something that I will keep in mind.

So what? The jester is not the all-important role to-be-found. We're looking for the jester too much. THAT could be mafia tactics. Anyone with an hour to spare wanna check out who suggested this? TMD is only one in a row.

As I pointed out earlier in the game you did not say anything about Al Jenn's bandwagon being suspicious. And you keep trying to post things against people with the SAME INFORMATION REPEATED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! WE GET IT ALREADY! READ THE DANG POSTS ALREADY AND FIND SOME NEW INFORMATION ALREADY! As a few players have pointed out, they have replied to your "discussions" and you have either failed to see them or to acknowledge them.

Which is what Mynd always does. Which is why he's a danger. Whether he's mafia or town. Or something else.

For now I will [glow=red,2,300]unvote dragon[/glow] because his recent posts haven't seen quite so scummy

Which older post was scummy?

If Efrit unvoted (I will find the quote later if you want, but you also have him as not voting...), why do I have  4?

I smell a mistake by our dearly beloved MOD Nothing she can do about, of course :-*

I think I smell a role fisher...

Uh.. TMD, I would like to point out that I took the effort to skim read that post.. ;) And I haven't chanced my vote, not once. I am still on day 1 fluff because, as much as people have irritated me, I'm having trouble clearing away the spam and junk and getting down to the bones of people's posts.. So thanks for being wrong in your HUGE wall of text, but I haven't voted more than once, or unvoted at all. Just to correct you, cause I love you ya know? :D

And what unrelated posts have i made tmd. One. Big deal. If you think my little two second post is unhelpful maybe you should think about that huge wall of pointless text going over all the same arguments. That was a waste of time. Mine and yours

haha Blig!

I think I smell a role fisher...

Really Wombat. Because if she kept posting that, it would be easy to know there was one. She posted that like 3 times so far.

Hell, many people had Dah'mir pegged as the double voter in the Disney game Day 1 because of the same thing.

I think you and i noted it on our QT in the disney game didn't we Adella?

Yes, I believe we did.

Your wonderful, brilliant and gorgeous moddess doesn’t get things wrong, she means precisely what she says, even if it looks wrong – oh and the vote count is correct

:-* :-* :-*

I think she is wonderful, brilliant and gorgeous, so I am glad those facts at least are clear to everyone ;)

Your wonderful, brilliant and gorgeous moddess doesnt get things wrong, she means precisely what she says, even if it looks wrong oh and the vote count is correct

:-* :-* :-*

*glares at Wombat* I knew something was fishy!

Finally, people are talking and posting, and some are posting way too much.

Since a lot of folks seem very touchy and take questioning their actions as personal attacks, I shall make general statements.  Now that we have actual people playing the game instead of sitting back and posting nothing, this might make sense to the observant.

Those who are bent on trying to figure out people's roles are likely baddies trying to figure out who they should night kill first.  I know this because when I have been a baddie, I have done this many times.  Those of you who know me, know this.

While I am sure the Ring is very important, remember that this is still a mafia game.  When you strip away all the fancy rules and roles and trinkets, there are good guys and bad guys.  I, for one, am more concerned with finding the bad guys rather than anything else.  And there have been ample evidence for that.

Let me also address the whole "Mynd is a meany" attitude.  What is wrong with pointing out irregular behavior?  There has been a lot of that going around and I facepalm every time I point something out and instead I get people upset at me.  If we all want to be mindless sheep and graze in the grassy field of Day 1 cluelessness, then so be it.  I, for one, would rather try and lynch a non-innocent on Day 1 than let them have the upper hand.

So, tell me what we are gonna do here?  Are we gonna go ahead with this lynch on Al Jenn, one who has been surprisingly quiet?  Are we gonna lynch me because some people don't like my style or instead of looking at the facts I present, they take it personal?  Or, are we going to go with logic and lynch someone who has already shown illogical behavior? 

And to the one who stated that I repeat my evidence, let me point out that I was merely doing this to make sure my point made it through the sea of spam coming from another player.  Spamming is a tactic.  If a valid point is made and discrediting the person making it doesn't work, there is nothing like a wall of spam to distract everybody from it.

So, what is our decision? Whose lynch will give us the most information? 

Archived