DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your style, Mynd..even though I'm about halfway sure you're one of the baddies. I love watchng you poke everyone. Yes, I'm  a voyuer. You have really made this a day 1 to be remembered. That said, I'm about halfway sure you are one of the baddies you mentioned. I particularly liked the last post where you implied (but did not say outright) that you are the voice of reason in this game.

So, tell me what we are gonna do here?  Are we gonna go ahead with this lynch on Al Jenn, one who has been surprisingly quiet?  Are we gonna lynch me because some people don't like my style or instead of looking at the facts I present, they take it personal?  Or, are we going to go with logic and lynch someone who has already shown illogical behavior? 

That's some powerful psychology you got going on. It immediately makes people see you in a favorable light unless they've seen it done before. Another thing that's bugging me right now is the way you are trying to take control of the game. You aren't dong it through force, but rather by making everyone look and think about what you're saying (which is generally a good thing) and then agree with you. Once you get that rep in the game as the man who sees the truth, people tend to stop questioning you. I've seen that happen already with a few players, but I'll have to do a reread to make a list of those players. It reminds me a lot of the way Kivam played in a recent game (Ed's lives mafia). He fooled everyone. I'll be keeping my eye on you, Mynd. Al Jenn still has my vote because he appears to be lurking and that has never been his style.

To respond to Mynd... (and to take a break from teaching middle schoolers who are braindead at the moment  :P ) ...

Ditto to what Aemon said! (Dammit, Aemon!! I actually had a whole post just like yours and then you posted before me, so no need to repeat! :D )

I'm keeping my vote on Al Jenn. He has not defended himself, at any rate. If any new evidence comes to light, then I would be willing to change my vote. But not based on Mynd's mind games.  ;)

Shoot - this was a shorter break than I'd intended to take...  :-\

DAY 1 VOTE:

Al Jenn: (5) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS Millon Som1

Mynd: (4) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon

Ed: (4) Mynd Wombat Efrit Lia

Wombat: (2) Lia Thorkin

Som1else: (2) Locke Pookie

Marta: (2) Meesh David H

Thorum: (1) Adella

Thorkin: (1) Marta

Dragon: (0) Mynd TMD

Amadine: (0) Marta Millon

Locke: (0) Meesh

Adella: (0) Player

Pookie: (0) Locke

Thorum: (0) Dragon

Not voting: Elli Ed Amadine Tigs Talm Bliggy Efrit Play3r

There are 28 players it takes 15 to lynch.

I apologize adella. I just kept remembering you posting after marta who DOES keep switching her votes.

[glow=red,2,300]vote marta[/glow]

I'm doing my read-through, erm, I don't want to do walls of text so I guess I'll just kind of post as I see things come up when I'm reading? Hehe, sorry if I end up with a lot of posts in a row, I'll try to avoid that.

Lynching me is not good luck  >:(

Also I am pretty sure Al Jenn is a jester

Thorum wanted to know who was the first person to bring up the idea of a jester in the game.  This is the first post in the game mentioning a jester.  Make of that what you will.

(My own personal analysis is simply that I can't fault him for coming to that conclusion, after one post from Al Jenn and only 3 pages into the game.)

Day 1 VOTE:

Al Jenn: (5) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS Millon Som1

Mynd: (5) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon Elli

Ed: (5) Mynd Wombat Efrit Lia

Som1else: (3) Locke Pookie Amadine

Marta: (3) Meesh David H TMD

Wombat: (1) Lia Thorkin

Not voting: Ed Play3r Tigs Talm Bliggy

The journey so far seems to have been relatively quiet, apart from the arguing. No one seemed to be around except the odd Hobbit ploughing their fields or planting corn. In fact with the sun shining down, it was hard to believe that there was anything bad in the world.

The sound of barking dogs caught your attention. You turn to the sound to see a red faced Hobbit heading your way. He begins to shout and wave a stick at you. You recognise Farmer Maggot and realise he is more worried about you stealing his mushrooms. You move swiftly down the lane.

By late afternoon, the arguments had subsided some what. You were all feeling a bit drowsy. The sun was still warm and beneth the trees provided the only shelter from the heat of it's rays.

"Get off the road" came a comment. You look around to see who it was, but no one seemed to own up. So you ignored it. "GET OFF THE ROAD" This time you know it is Frodo, his face all serious and worried. There was something about it that made you get off the road. Infact you moved quickly into the trees now, getting as far away from the road as you could.

You stop and hide behind a tree, the road just visible. And there he was. A man in black robes sat tall and straight on an even blacker horse. his must be hot, you thought as you saw his cowl pulled over his head. As you tried to see his face a quiver went through you and you couldn't move.

Someone else was also feeling the pressure, the rings new master was struggling with themselves, something or someone was telling them to put the ring on. They tried not to but their hand began to creep towards his pocket. They knew that the ring was trying to give them away, but the pressure was mounting, they wouldn't be able to resist any longer. The rider turned abruptly and cantered down the road towards Hobbiton. A huge sigh went out, the ring bearer was not the only one who was holding their breath.

You move on now through the woods, you have to cross the Brandywine. Head for the Old forest, the roads were no longer safe. The sun now began to reach towards the western horizon, there wasn't much left of the day.

Night draws near - You have until 8pm GMT Tomorrow (6th may)(about 24hrs from now) to Lynch someone.

With 28 people it takes 15 to lynch

Meesh, agreed.  I think that Dragonsworn's post was simply a comment on how the precious comment Al Jenn made was foolish and instantly put a target on his back.  Dragonsworn, do you concur?

AK and Charis, please, by all means, don't assume I'm an innocent. To do so in mafia is incredibly foolish; however, there are a lot of people doing this in this very game with other players and I am trying to point these people out.  Some are defending others, or dismissing blatant mafia tactics as harmless.  Others are spamming or trying to discredit their accusers rather than defend their actions.  Its one thing to explain why you did something, but to instead try to attack the inquisitor is highly suspicious.  

So, let me offer this.  Question me as I have questioned others, but do not dismiss what I say simply because my name is Myndrunner.  I do not claim to be the only voice of reason in this game, but until recently, I seemed to be the only voice trying to say something useful.  

I am also growing disturbed at how quiet Al Jenn has gotten.  Bandwagon or not, we should have heard something from him by now, agreed?  Does he have some kind of post restriction now?  It would be an interesting tactic if one of the people building the bandwagon on Al Jenn had some ability to mute him so that he could not defend himself.  I have seen this before used by Kivam, where he muted a player and then accused him of lurking.  

Let me also remind us all that we need a majority, regardless of the penalty for not reaching one.  The only way we can get any information to go into Day 2 with is if we have a successful lynch.  Ideally, it goes without saying that we should try and lynch a non-innocent. So, lets look at the potential lynch candidates...

Mynd - I begin every game with a target on my back, I am quite used to it.  Look at my voters carefully.  Some voted for me simply because of my reputation, some voted for me out of spite.  Some feel lonely because I have somehow ignored his posts.  ;)  Have any of my accusers levied a logical, rational reason for their vote other than "he seems scummy for asking all these questions" with facts to back them up?

Al Jenn - His silence is making me increasingly wary of his vote, especially since he is one of my own voters.  Are we dealing with a caught non-innocent or someone with a post restriction?  Why hasn't he posted at all since his bandwagon started?  Why is he lurking?  Is someone preventing him from posting?

Marta - I hate lynching a newbie on the first day; however, her actions and defensiveness reek of scum.  Do we ignore a likely non-innocent simply because she is new?  Do we jump to defend her actions because this is only her second game?  This is not the short-bus, this is mafia.  Marta has given us a lot of reason to vote her.

Ed - Spam once for good measure.  Spam twice for fun.  Spam three times for attention.  Spam as much as Ed2funy, and it becomes a mafia tactic.  First, if you can't post something helpful, don't post anything at all.  All his posts have been, with the exception of the avalanche of BS post he made, aimed at either distracting us from the game or attempting to discredit those asking him questions.  Look again at his BS post, the one where he supposedly finally contributed to the game.  Did he really answer my questions?  Did he really defend himself?  Or was he just "appearing" to without any substance?  Ed2Funy is making a Chewbacca defense and it seems to be working, especially on....

Adella - Why are you defending everyone?  Even you admit that you might regret sticking up for some of these people if they turn out to be mafia.  I hope that everyone understands that outside this game, we are all friends and can share laughs together.  In mafia, there are no friends.  I've seen husbands lynched by their wives, brothers slitting their sister's throats, even lifelong best friends argue for days with each other in thread because one is convinced the other is mafia.  Either you are defending others to earn their esteem, which is what non-innocents should try to do....or you are being incredibly naive in this game, and its going to hurt us all in the long run.

Som1else - If it were not for the actions of those above, then the carefully selected and few actions of this person would have made him my prime suspect.  He has ignored all direct questions levied to him, not just by me.  He swiftly jumps on the Al Jenn bandwagon long after we have exhausted the discussion, but what were his reasons? 

We have facts in this thread.  Simply stating that you wish to lynch someone because they seem scummy or you don't like their teeth are not good enough.  We need rational, logical arguments with evidence to back them up. 

I am willing to change my vote for the sake of getting a majority, but I suggest we focus on one of the above (except me of course).  If you all are worried what I am capable of as mafia, then what do you imagine is going through the minds of the mafia right now knowing I am innocent?

Done with my reread, nothing much stuck out as something I really needed to respond to as I was reading.

My thoughts so far:

Al Jenn's quiet is cause for some thought.  There are a few things that could be causing this, so I don't really want to jump to any sort of conclusion, since the last game I played where Talya was a mod threw me for a few loops before it was done. :D  The main possibilities I've considered are that he can only post once per day, or that he really is a jester and instead of hounding us to kill him, he thought he'd try one really outrageous post and hope for a quick bandwagon lynch.  Mynd, the possibility you've just put forward is one I'd never have thought of, but is possible (especially knowing Talya), which is why I really don't want to decide one way or another about Al Jenn--too much risk of being wrong.

He DID say that he was running away so people couldn't lynch him, and I wonder what THAT was supposed to mean, seeing as that's the first and only post he's posted.

Another thing is that I am a tad less suspicious of Marta on reread, and in any event I don't think she's going to be our Day 1 lynch at this rate (if we end up with one at all, that is).  So I want to [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow].

I am not entirely sure who to vote for--For now, Ed is striking me as mildly irritating but not scummy.  Mynd isn't really irritating me so much but he's making me have to work at keeping up at this game.  Normally, that would be enough for me to vote for him on Day 1, but I don't know. Like other people, I can't really get a read on him--at this point, he could very well be scum OR innocent and I wouldn't be surprised either way.  However, as Pete pointed out, Mynd has kind of gone on an unofficial defense of Al Jenn.  Not too bad in itself, but it does make me wonder if they're connected somehow--for good or ill, I don't know. I don't think he's someone we need to get rid of right now, though. That might change later, but right now, I'm not going for him.

So, that leaves Al Jenn, if I want to go for someone closer to being lynched, or else Som1, the only other person at this point that has acted with some suspicion and been voted for. I hesitate to say he's close to being lynched, as 3 votes (would be 4, with mine) is a long way off of 15.

I guess what I'm going to do is this:  Mynd, someone COULD be silencing Al Jenn, but his very first post seemed to indicate he had no intention of coming back, so I'm inclined to think that isn't the case.  Perhaps he has a protection from being lynched (he said he was running away so we couldn't lynch him, or something to that effect, and I'll quote the post for everyone if you guys want) and perhaps not; whatever the case I think we could gain more info from his lynch than anyone else's at this point.

He might not be scum, but at the end of the day we CAN get information from his lynch, surely you won't dispute that Mynd.  There's been enough hullabaloo over it to ensure THAT.

**edit new post**

Good summary, Mynd, of the candidates.  Pretty helpful for those of us trying to decide who to go for, actually, since I agree that you've summed up the cases against each one quite well.

**end edit for Mynd's new post**

So anyway, what I'm going to do is vote for [glow=red,2,300]Al Jenn[/glow].

Minor casing follows:

btw, the way you are "trying to figure out who is innocent" could very well be "I'm mafia and want to figure out the power roles". So, :P! to you.

How does that not make sense?

Mafia often try to prod power roles to reveal or hint. What you are doing could be either.

And really, please, stop making me laugh. Everyone knows I post too much. :D

So according to Ed, scum hunting is scummy and akin to rolefishing.  But it's ok, he can discourage scum hunting because he's ed2funy and he's a spammer and we should ignore anything scummy that he does.

Why is that everyone who deosn't vote gets your personal attention? o_0

Why is it that Ed is condoning the anti-town action of not voting?

I am awake and out of class. Fear my posts. :P

*has homework to do when he gets home* :(

Talya...I thought Efrit unvoted me? o.0

Wait, let me guess Mynd...only mafia get worried with how many votes they have?

:o

Gee willikers Batman, we've found one!

::)

p.s. Millon "holy late posting Batman" :D

Talya! Is that count correct?

If Efrit unvoted (I will find the quote later if you want, but you also have him as not voting...), why do I have  4?

I think I smell a double voter....

Innocents get worried about having votes on them too, but panicking at L - 11 or whatever it was as well as trying to out a double voter is another matter altogether.

I actually don't find Ed's spam to be scummy, but I find pretty much everything else he is doing to be scummy from OMGUS attacking Mynd to discouraging scum hunting to discouraging a lynch in general.  Ed has acted about as scummy as is possible and is using his spammy, erratic persona to justify it.  This is not ok.  Even if I didn't think Ed were scum, I would be strongly considering policy lynching him right now.

Furthermore, Adella's defense of Ed should not be overlooked.  I can't see how anyone can seriously defend such obviously scummy behavior.  I am quite surprised at how many usually smart people are condoning Ed's actions, but Adella takes it one step further in actively defending Ed.  I don't care if you are bonded, you are defending a scumbag.  Also, their bond would make for a perfect excuse to not bother hiding scum team behavior.  If Ed and Adella were both scum, they could team with impunity expecting for people to dismiss it as their bond.

Let's all agree that bonds, bands, and pillow friends should be left outside of this game.  Shall we?

Good posts from both Meesh and WWWwombat in that these are examples of actually trying to dissect the game rather than make emotional decisions. I agree with most of what you both have stated.

Here is a thought - Adella has defended both Ed2funy and Marta, both of which who have had extremely scummy behavior.  Should we consider a lynch on her? 

Anyways, the clock is ticking and while I disagree with Meesh that Al Jenn will give us the most information, I am further disturbed by his absence after his initial post.  He is apparently lurking but not posting, according to some, so....  [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]  and then vote [glow=red,2,300]Al Jenn[/glow] 

Reasons for my vote: 

1) to show that I am not aligned with this player in any way

2) to motivate him to post again

3) to get us closer to having a majority, as time ticks on

4) his lynch will tell us a lot about those who led that bandwagon in the first place, and who didn't.

Al Jenn, you have this opportunity to reply to the lynch that is upon you.  Post something, anything, that proves you are not in any way hindered from posting during this phase. 

Well I don't see Ed getting lynched without you behind it Mynd, so I'll follow you.  Al Jenn's silence is a bit disturbing and I don't want to risk whatever Talya has in store for us should we not reach a majority.

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Al Jenn[/glow]

I'm laying some of my cards on the table, since we're down to a day to decide.

I'm currently voting for Som1else.  My first choice would be to leave my vote there, but reaching a majority might not happen if I do.

I would change my vote to Marta to reach a majority.  She is the other with votes who I believe may actually be scum. 

I would not change my vote to Ed, not even to reach a majority.  I believe him to be innocent. 

I would not change my vote to Mynd without some serious evidence against him beyond his reputation.  That doesn't mean I trust him or believe him innocent, but he does have the effect of getting people to think and those who are willing to look on their own aren't going to be led by the nose by him, but might be encouraged to look into something deeper as a result of his prodding.  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure of his allignment, but he can be useful regardless until we can figure it out.

I am undecided on whether or not I would vote on Al Jenn to get a majority.  I do agree that Mynd appears to have linked himself to Al Jenn through his posts(edit: regardless of a vote for Al Jenn since I started writing this), but since Talya said there would be a number of teams, that doesn't necessarily scream mafia.  It does bear watching, particularly if Marta is lynched and flips innocent.  Or Ed, for that matter, since Mynd (edit: and now Wombat) may sway people that direction.  Right now for me part of the deciding factor is that Al Jenn hasn't been back since his page 1 post that caused all this fuss.  To me that screams PR, but a PR immediately on starting the game, as it would have to be for page 1, seems a bit harsh.  I may vote for him, but it would be with the knowledge that the only reason I'd vote for him would be to reach a majority.  I think there's a good chance he'd flip innocent.

[glow=blue,2,300]MOD:[/glow]  Is this a game where no majority simply means no lynch or is there a further penalty for no majority, like random mod kill or random mod kill of non--voters?  I couldn't find such a rule in your descriptions, but wanted to verify.  Thanks.  :)

Here is a thought - Adella has defended both Ed2funy and Marta, both of which who have had extremely scummy behavior.  Should we consider a lynch on her?  

I actually have to say that I would vote for Adella over Al Jenn if enough people seemed to be going that way--I don't want to start trying to convince people to vote for someone previously out of the lynching spotlight, this close to the deadline, if that makes sense, so I didn't bring it up.

If I were to share my suspicions and not let my post be affected by proximity to the end of Day 1, and the deadline, I would say that honestly, Som1, Marta, and Adella are the highest on my list at this point.  Ed not so much on his own, but in association with Adella, yes, it's something that definitely bears looking at, I agree.  I can totally understand where she's coming from, if it's all completely innocent, but it's still a flaw and a mistake to act the way she's acting, in a mafia game.

Anyway, those are, naturally, my thoughts out of everyone who's posted enough to get a read on them; I'm sure some of the people who are flying totally under the radar aren't totally clean. :D  But we work with what we have.

Guest dragonsworn1991

So basically Mynd calls the Al Jenn bandwagon scummy, yet he is willing after all his posts to vote for him. Mynd if you were a townie, you wouldn't switch your votes from someone you believed to be scum. I think your switching votes is really scummy and I think you are scum Mynd.

Mynd is right...PAFO I'm afraid thats it Pookie.

You make it across the Brandywine and although you ahven't seen any more riders you ahve the feeling they are not too far away. Ahead of you lies the Old Forest. No one goes in there, they say it is haunted, but you have no choice. The road is most likely being watched.

So deep into the forest you venture. It almost feels like night once you are far under the boughs of the trees. There seems to be a track of some sort, maybe a route used by badgers, or foxes. time seems to be aoscured beneatth the old creaking boughs of the ancient trees. Eventually you come across a large oak. The path seems to split in two here, one goes off up to the right and the other deeper into the woods turns down and to the left. You have to decide which way you go.

You have to choose [glow=blue,2,300]LEFT[/glow] or [glow=blue,2,300]RIGHT[/glow]. There does not have to be a majority for this you just choose which way you would like to go :) Votes must be glowed blue.

Day 1 VOTE:

Al Jenn: (9) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS Millon Som1 Meesh   Mynd    Wombat

Mynd: (5) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta Dragon Elli

Som1else: (3) Locke Pookie Amadine

Ed: (2)   Mynd Wombat Efrit Lia

Marta: (2) Meesh David H TMD

Wombat: (1) Lia Thorkin

Not voting: Ed Play3r Tigs Talm Bliggy

Night draws near - You have until 8pm GMT Tomorrow (6th may)22 hours to go to Lynch someone.

With 28 people it takes 15 to lynch

Guest dragonsworn1991

[glow=blue,2,300]LEFT[/glow]

Something about it, it is just so... I don't know left...

[glow=blue,2,300]left[/glow] cause im a lefty. also mynd mentioned i've been ignoring direct questions a few pages back please ask them agian here i have been sorta busy in RL and have to skim over whats been posted i'll try and go back and see what has been asked of me but as this thread it may take a while i will try to have them answered by tonight well at least to night for my time zone (mst)

you need to glow that blue thorum, also about me avoiding questions

[glow=red,2,300]al jenn[/glow] somthing just doesnt seem right about the way your playing

Som, what about Al Jenn's play in this game doesn't seem right to you?  What I find more suspicious is when someone adds to a bandwagon with a vague reason for doing so.

i found this one question some other people posted that my posts feel off, but those arent really questions so i cant answer them.

i thought i explained why i voted for AJ back around page 23

*Bandwagons [glow=blue,2,300]Left[/glow]*

I'm laying some of my cards on the table, since we're down to a day to decide.

I'm currently voting for Som1else.  My first choice would be to leave my vote there, but reaching a majority might not happen if I do.

I would change my vote to Marta to reach a majority.  She is the other with votes who I believe may actually be scum. 

I would not change my vote to Ed, not even to reach a majority.  I believe him to be innocent. 

I would not change my vote to Mynd without some serious evidence against him beyond his reputation.  That doesn't mean I trust him or believe him innocent, but he does have the effect of getting people to think and those who are willing to look on their own aren't going to be led by the nose by him, but might be encouraged to look into something deeper as a result of his prodding.  I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure of his allignment, but he can be useful regardless until we can figure it out.

Um, I agree with all of this...strangely. :D

Yeah, Marta and Som1 still my definite top 2 suspects, willing to go with either one.  HOWEVER, seeing as the bandwagon is on [glow=red,2,300]Al Jenn[/glow], and he's the only person withing lynching distance, my vote goes to him.  At least it'll give SOME useful information, although I don't really think mafia, but heh, you never know.  Might get lucky.

Also, about Adella, I don't really find her scummy, because if she was scum, then that would mean she'd be on a team with both Marta and Ed....which I think is a bit of a stretch.

Archived