DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

Glad you've got the reference, it makes my explanation SO much more understandable! ;D

Edit: Ah, Mynd, it is a flaw of mine, you saw me back up Marta to an extent, because she is my friend, and Ed is more than that to me.. So it's got me between a rock and a hard place. I am not trying to defend his innocence, because God knows that I have no idea which he is, but I see the sense in his EdSpam where few people see it, because I am very in-tune with how he talks and posts.. So to help others understand how it makes sense.. Well, again, it is my flaw.

And this is how people play. Lurking is a playstyle, distracting is a playstyle, so what you just said is, to me, undermining a valid statement, which is silly or mafia tactic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mynd, all you do is try to discredit! :P

Mynd - Why the third or fourth people? Is it because they waited? If so, wouldn't the first and second be more likely suspects, due to not wanting to appear as though they waited?

Its odds really.  A lot of mafia players vote each other on Day 1 initially, as to appear not on the same team.  It's hard to say that the first person voting someone is creating a bandwagon since, by definition, the bandwagon doesn't form until more people vote.

Typically, but not always, the third or fourth person voting on a bandwagon is mafia because they see an opportunity for a quick lynch.  Veteran players, feel free to correct me, but it has been my experience that mafia try to slip their votes on when momentum is being built on a particular player, such as Al Jenn.  If there are already two or three votes on one particular player, then the mafia can jump on and try to get the bandwagon moving closer to lynch.  This is why I was making the comment about the bandwagon on Al Jenn happening way too fast.

Well, since I believe I am the 3rd or 4th person on the Al Jenn bandwagon, I would like to point out that I didnt wait for anything. I checked in and posted and voted. I can see waiting if we're in a different day, but for Day 1, I'm not sure that logic is sound. Also, I dont know if Al Jenn is mafia, but that's true for anyone right now. I'm just as suspicious of Mynd or anyone else at this point. But, I dont do flaky change of votes usually and I'm not going to start now.

Adella, as all veteran players know, there are no friends in mafia.  Wives have lynched husbands, best friends have stabbed each other in the back.  That's why they call it mafia.  If you dismiss someone as innocent because they are your friend outside the game, you are making a possibly fatal mistake.

I am not denying that different people have different playstyles, but Ed is not helping.  Answer me this question:  how is distracting people a beneficial playstyle to the innocents?

And see, I never said it was beneficial, and I have stated many times that while I am trying to explain things and state facts, I DO NOT KNOW IF ED OR MARTA ARE INNOCENT OR SCUM. I am not afraid to lynch either of them (in fact, my day 1 vote goes to Ed 50% of the time) but I don't see the scummyness that you happen to be latched on to, which makes your gunning for them  seem very suspicious.

Well, no, I can see the point with Marta, which is why I didn't try to defend her at all. But with Ed, I feel like he has a valid point, even if you don't see it. Which of course you wouldn't, because it is being used against you, so you claim it is "grabbing at straws".

He's just poking everyone to see what happens. Pretty amusing actually. Especially the way he keeps ignoring Pete because he knows it gets on Pete's nerves. Interesting to se the reactions but more interesting to actually analyse what he's saying and implying with his posts. I tend to think he's looking a bit scummy right now because he deflects everything anyone says back at them (with a few exceptions) and tries to get a FOS pointed at them. My vote remains on Al Jenn for the moment.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Adella he is just trying to get your goat. And you are giving it to him with a blue ribbon in its hair. He is hammering down on one point to see if you will squirm or implicate yourself, Marta, or another player.  ;)

Lol, well, I feel like I am doing a good job of not implicating anyone. Funny, I look at him talking to Ed and Marta and see the goading, but I don't see it when he directs it at me. I apparently have lack of foresight.

OR....I may actually be trying to stop the non-innocents.  I mean, seriously, what is flawed with anything I've said thus far?  Please, show us all where I am flawed in my logic here. 

Ed2funy is either spamming, which is distracting, or deflecting, which is not addressing the facts.  Neither of which are helpful in hunting mafia.  Sure, one or two, heck even three silly posts are amusing, but he has not posted anything worthwhile.  This is not an attack, this is fact.  Prove me wrong, please.

Newbie albeit, Marta Sedai has shown strong signs of being mafia in this game.  Her over-the-top innocent post and then her reaction to it both scream mafia.

If anyone has any better suggestions, I'm sure we all would love to hear them. 

Mynd sure is doing a lot of legwork.  Ed and Adella look pretty scummy right now.  Ed for being unhelpful and defensive.  Adella for her "helpful" persona.  Some players just like to help newbies.  Others are scum trying to make themselves invaluable or put themselves above suspicion.  I haven't seen the helpful act from Adella before so I am suspicious of it.  It could be that it is a function of her becoming more comfortable in her abilities and therefore more comfortable in helping others, but right now it is setting off alarm bells for me.  I will also keep my eye on Marta as Mynd makes good points about her, but I don't have a read on her right now.  I would like to hear more from her.  I think it is usually her style to lurk, but I think there would be a huge incentive for scum in her position to lurk right now, so I will be less tolerant of it this game (I will assume lurking from Marta to be a sign of scumminess when I usually consider it a null tell).

::) Wombat, it isn't just this game, I am kind of taking a page out of Lily's book and helping when I actually know what I'm talking about. I remember being confused all the time, it's not cool, and so even though I know the "teacher" person gets picked on a lot for trying to be helpful cause it's "sneaky" or some such, I don't care much. And if I get lynched for trying to help, then so be it. I am not trying to make myself more or less valuable in the game, I am trying to help when I can.

But yes, I am growing as a player pretty much every game I play now Wombat, thanks for noticing! :)

I am not really getting good readings on anyone yet. I see the good and the bad of all the posts, and the only thing that is "pinging my radar" so far is Wombat, pointing the FoS for me being helpful.

You are on my list a little bit Mynd, because I have no clue how you can't see how Ed is playing the game, he is just being suspicious of you.

Oh, and Marta a bit, because she got pretty defensive, voted for you, and then took the vote off when someone pointed out how defensive she was being.

Not sure if any of those are good enough reasons to lynch, but if people agree, I could feel good about voting for any of those people for a controlled lynch.

With quotes....maybe he will undersand me. :P

Namely, ed2funny!  Why WOULDN'T you vote for me if someone already did...unless you were trying to act innocent and NOT jump on the Mynd bandwagon?  Only mafia are that concerned with how they look when voting. 1

Let's be honest, I am blessed and cursed by this supposed notorious reputation I have earned for myself.  The mafia will want to slant the lynch my way on Day 1 to get rid of me, but they don't want to make it look like a bandwagon. Innocents will be wary of me, but only the mafia know for sure that I am innocent.2

Hence...I think [glow=red,2,300]ed2funny[/glow] is our first mafia!  Make sense? 

1. Nah..I don't care how I look all the time. :P

2. Yes, you've proven your innocence. ::)

Then I would have appropriately replied that I don't always follow the rules of the game. :D

In one post, you say Al's wagon of 3 voters picked up too fast, yet you want me to be the second vote on you?

If you wanted to vote for me, then why didn't you?  Why are you so concerned with how you look when voting? Sounds like someone who has something to hide to me.

Already said I don't have to and tend to not folow normal rules. :P

But why are you so hung up on just that one thing? That is where your obsession with me came from really.

Im here and ready

and I have been thinking what would gollum be in this game?

Its bugging me I think SK lol

Thats just a conpletely random thought but I had to get it out there

This pinged my btw. It was no where near "completely random".

Still, ed2funy is the one screaming scum to me at this point, and Thorum always pings scum for me.1 A few others have given hints to their characters I see...and a couple have spoken way too much. 

As to Al Jenn, I'd for now say (s)he is the LEAST likely to be mafia. You are careful when you are mafia. No joking about Preciouses...

This I agree with...who has been TOO careful thus far?  (looks at the above post)

1. For no real reason that I can see. He is just obsessed with me. :P 8)

OK, I read the 6 pages, and I believe you are all scum... But I won't vote yet, I still have to think a bit... Hopefully, Adella is not scum... I would love to see her on my side. That is why I won't vote for her... yet. And Ed might be scum, but he is fuNy, so he might not be... So confusing...

In Mafia 101, I do believe this is the very example they use of one trying real hard to NOT look scummy.  I believe it's page 42 in the handbook, with some name changes of course.  Anyways, since I haven't played with Marta before, is this typical of her to be "so confused" on Day 1 to not vote anyone? 

Again, (agreeing with Thorum *gasp!*) Mafia go out of their way to NOT appear scummy because they are conscious of their alignment.  Would you agree that Marta is trying to look extra innocent here?

I don't see it. She votee for a confirmed Innocent (who was still innocent at the time) because she didn't realy read back yet. So, no, not very scummy there.

Marta, were you and Adella on the same side in your first game?  Your post sounds a lot like someone's first time being Mafia and trying to really look innocent.  Why are you so reluctant to vote? 

Why is that everyone who deosn't vote gets your personal attention? o_0

Oh! No quote here, but I didn't find AJ's comment about the ring all that scummy.

And Thorum, Marta is a newbie who voted me out of spite after calling her out on her "I'm so innocent, i fart rainbows" post.  She also refused to answer my question about her connection to Adella, whom answered for her.  Is that not scum?

Why would I answer you? Unless you have a secret one time thing, and you want to use it on my response? 1And my first game was though, and I couldn't keep up, until I was recruited by the masons, when everything started making sense. I voted for Adella in my first game, and that made me look like scum?!

1. This was more scummy than the rest of her posts...

Myndrunner, I must say I haven't got the slightest idea... I will think about it, and if I feel someone else should be lynched, I will vote differently. So far you are to much explaining which makes you rather suspicious in my book.

Too much explaining?  It's called trying to figure out who is mafia! Now, you are trying to justify your knee-jerk reaction vote by saying I suddenly look suspicious?  Admit it, you voted me out of spite!

ROARRRRRRRRRR!!!!

THE ONE RING HAS BEEN FOUND!

Marta commented. TMD didn't. Player did. SOm1else didn't. Mynd didn't.

Mynd posts some link I haven't clicked because this computer sucks. No one seems to remember.

OH, I wonder who found it! This game is soooo exciting. Ok, I admit, it was out of spite. But i would [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]as soon as I found someone more suspicious...

The unvote is really susupicious here.

ah jesus. so, mynd, if you had to choose between AJ and Ed, what would be the deciding factor for your lynch vote.

2) Ed2Funy's overreaction to my prodding and his reluctance to vote for me because someone else did - that smells like someone trying to look innocent.  At first, I dismissed his "this is fun" comments as enjoying the game, but now I think he's trying to argue without appearing shaken up. 

Mafia 101 - the mafia know they have something to hide, and act with a guilty conscience!

I laugh at this. First I am caustios, then I am arguing without trying to appear shaken. ::)

[Make a few jokes, and you are amusing.  Make too many jokes, and you are hiding something.  What do you have to hide?

You would love to know wouldn't you? Just trust me when I say it's good. :P :D

How does that not make sense?

Mafia often try to prod power roles to reveal or hint. What you are doing could be either.

I am not asking anyone about their powers or characters, with one exception because of the way he was typing.  All of my questions have been directed at pointing out scummy behavior, and have had nothing to do with who is who.  I'm sorry, but you are grasping at straws trying to discredit me.

And really, please, stop making me laugh. Everyone knows I post too much. :D

It appears to be nervous laughter, especially since no one is backing up your claim. 

You are trying to act nonchalant, but look at how many posts you've had.  You are acting nervous, now trying to discredit me and play off your behavior as being "the clown" when you should be more concerned with who is acting scummy.

You see, the mafia worry about the sheriff while the sheriff looks at everyone.  You have been locked on me since the beginning, instead of looking at the other 20 plus players in the game.  That, my friend, is someone who has something to hide!

I love how you can just tell that I am nervous. ::)

*cough* Told you when he got onto the computer he would get more into the game *cough*

What info did he give us really?  More of the same shtick.  Maybe his comments are good enough for you, but I'm not buying it.  To me, all that read was a "Best of my Spam" episode of the Ed2Funy show.

And for the record, I am not saying that I have proven my innocents, I am simply saying that the mafia KNOW I am innocent, because I am not on their team. 

It stands to reason, as Thorum posted earlier, that Al Jenn is likely innocent and the third or fourth person on his bandwagon is likely mafia.

I said neither of those. If my vote wasn't on you already, it would be know.

THE ONE RING HAS BEEN FOUND!

Let's discuss this instead of talking 10 more pages of gibberish. Anyone became immortal (maybe someone who (thought he/she) needed to)? Or someone who disappeared from the thread?

1. Ellianora

10. ThorkinBarrimore

13. MCS

15. Lia

17. Pookie

21. Blig Blog

24. Millon

25. David Hermes

These are the people I don't remember checking in yet. I am pretty sure I saw a post at least once from everyone else.

And yes Thorum. I would like to know who found the Ring. And what it does.

I've actually tried to post to this thread twice and both times I've gotten errors and the posts haven't shown up.  I almost questioned Talya's vote count until I realized that my vote post was one of those.  Not that it matters since I'd just be unvoting in this post anyway.  I'm just saying that I'm not lurking as much as it seems, just computer challenged.

A couple of thoughts I had just from reading through...

First, this is sizing up to be quite an awesome day 1.  I won't give all the credit to Mynd though because he's not the only one trying to actually PLAY on day 1, though he is a prolific poster.  :)  I do like his style because it gives me plenty to work with.  It's probably unsurprising that someone who posts walls of text likes to read them too.  ;)

In a few different games I've played lately connecting the word "jester" with any one person is enough to get the bandwagon rolling, even if the lynch doesn't go through.  There may be others contributing to this problem, but I still blame Pandy.  :D  Thus far the only jesterish thing Al Jenn has done is post Gollum-esquely with the whole "Precious" thing.  In fact, that's the only thing he has done.  To me that doesn't seem aggressive enough for a jester.  If he's a jester, he should be here posting and annoying the hell out of us until we can't stand it anymore and call for the noose.  I'm leaning towards joke or PR, though it seems a little early for a PR.

That said, looking at his bandwagon seems reasonable.  Aemon, (Locke), (TMD), Charis, (Dragon), MCS, Som1else.  TMD unvoted at the first whisper of the word bandwagon.  Locke unvoted as well, changing his vote to Som1else.  Also, reading Locke's post voting for AJ (and Aemon's as well) it really seemed like a day 1 joke rather than anything else.  TMD was the first to appear to be voting for AJ for a reason, though all votes were after AJ's precious comment.  I won't even comment on Pete.  He reads horribly scummy to me, but that's normal.  MCS is not a long-winded fellow, so there's really not a lot to go on, but him voting for a potential jester isn't weird for me.  So for me the ones to look at are Charis and Som1else.  Charis's vote was before anyone said the word "jester" and really seemed like hopping on a bandwagon to me.  I'll be watching her from this point on.  Som1else's vote was either clueless or scummy, neither particularly helpful for the town.

So for now, vote [glow=red,2,300]Som1else[/glow].

Ed seems combative but not scummy to me. I think he just likes to fight.  :)  I don't know about Adella or Marta since I've played with them a lot less.  I currently believe Wombat is town based on his posts.  I, of course, have no idea about Mynd, but I hear that's normal.  :D

I also don't really think speculating about what's going on with the ring makes sense if we're trying to find mafia.  Rings are accessories.  ;)  Let's get our clothes on first.

Mynd, what I would like to know is why don't you vote against me when you think I scream mafia? Or someone else said that and voted against me (can't remember who, it was couple of pages ago). What I think is that you are town, and that you are not sure who town is too, and that is why you won't vote against me and that you are not THAt sure I am scum. What I find suspicious is how Amadine doesn't comment much, but just talks to Mynd, and ignores everyone else trying not to get attention to herself, and that is why I will vote [glow=red,2,300]Amadine[/glow]. In the last game she was town and she acted completely different.

Oh, and please, be lighter posters, I woke up, and found 8 pages for reading!

Marta you know exactly why i have been quiet, i am trying to come back out more.

This thread was only 9 pages long last night and now it's 19. Trying to get a grip on the game at this time. Once i have a better read on the game i will be back.

At the moment...

Mynd is mildy suspicious - but this may because of his posting style

Marta strikes me as overly defensive

Ed and Adella appear as per normal play style IME :))

Som1 pings my radar but i am not sure exacty why.

Ugh, please PLEASE don't go after Amadine for being quiet, she has EVERY REASON IN THE WORLD to be quiet and take things slow. Seriously. Find a case on her if you must, but she is totally justified in taking things slow and being quiet.

Ama hun, don't let anyone upset you ok?

Archived