DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I read the 6 pages, and I believe you are all scum... But I won't vote yet, I still have to think a bit... Hopefully, Adella is not scum... I would love to see her on my side. That is why I won't vote for her... yet. And Ed might be scum, but he is fuNy, so he might not be... So confusing...

In Mafia 101, I do believe this is the very example they use of one trying real hard to NOT look scummy.  I believe it's page 42 in the handbook, with some name changes of course.  Anyways, since I haven't played with Marta before, is this typical of her to be "so confused" on Day 1 to not vote anyone? 

Again, (agreeing with Thorum *gasp!*) Mafia go out of their way to NOT appear scummy because they are conscious of their alignment.  Would you agree that Marta is trying to look extra innocent here?

I promise to watch the movies in the next couple of days Player, I wouldn't want to make you hyperventilate from sighing all the time :D

Mynd, in neither defense nor attack of Marta, this is her second game ever, and the first one was this size as well. However, she is a smart girl. It could be either way really.

dont do all the extended editions back to back in one sitting

Trust me

I have never watched them since

I have done that, and also not watched them since, it has been a few years, I need to find them and watch them tomorrow..

Marta - Yes, you have, and I love you too, but I will still lynch you if you are scummy ;) :-*

Since Marta didn't answer, I will. We were both town in her (and my) first game, the Disney mafia over at the WT, and we both eventually got recruited into the Mason team. So yes, same team in the first game.

I would be happy if you had justification behind it.....

We call this kind of reactionary voting OMGUS, which stands for....well, I think you can figure that out.  Anyways, reactionary voting does not help the innocents and only increases how scummy you look.

I think you may be mafia and this may be your first time being mafia.  Your first post was screaming of someone trying too hard to look innocent, which strongly suggests mafia.  Fair enough, its your second game and a more experienced player would be a bit more subtle. 

Adella, thanks for the answer.  What is your read on Marta's first post, the one I quoted earlier?

Well, it's tough.. I am tempted to go back and see if she posted like this in the Disney game, but it feels familiar, so it might just be how she plays.

Gah for my lack of a good memory, it makes metagaming so much harder! :D

Ahhh yes, try metagaming with people you've met for the first time.  Her reactionary vote was definitely OMGUS even though I didn't vote her, while you answered her question for her.  Curious. 

We had a lot of people vote right away, and of course, justify in the usual "DAY 1 RANDOMNESS" way, but there are a couple that have been very cautious.....too cautious.  Does anyone else stick out to you?

Piano Player, your poetry is quite entertaining.  Almost like a song...

Piano Player, I thought you were trying to tell us something about your character, or you had some kind of Post Restriction. 

Posting like this

is kinda

different, ya know?

Anyways, Thorum....your thoughts on Marta Sedai? 

MOD. What happens when there is no majority by deadline?
Thorum, play and find out, it may change each day...just to keep you on your toes ;)

DAY 1 VOTE

Mynd: (4) Al Jenn Led Thorum Marta

Al Jenn: (5) Aemon Locke TMD Charis Dragon MCS

Locke: (1) Meesh

Ed (2):   Mynd Wombat

Wombat: (2) Lia Thorkin

Dragon: (1) Mynd TMD

Thorum: (1) Adella

Adella: (0) Player

Pookie: (0) Locke

Thorum: (0) Dragon

There are 28 players, it takes 15 to Lynch.

Lol, I feel that I am being used for Mynd to be able to metagame :P

Not sure how I feel about that.. And I also happen to try not to read into Day 1 too often, but there is SO much going on already! For instance, Al Jenn. I happen to know him very well, and I think he is just trying to mix up his play style (which is good and bad at the same time). A lot of people have complained to him about how he plays, so I think this is his attempt at changing it, thus why I could seem off to a lot of people. Or, he could really be the jester or some other role where he wants to throw us off. Hiding in plain sight I believe the term is?

That's all I've got. Do with it what you will.

Edit: Talya, I adore your style of vote count!

Piano Player, I thought you were trying to tell us something about your character, or you had some kind of Post Restriction. 

Posting like this

is kinda

different, ya know?

Anyways, Thorum....your thoughts on Marta Sedai? 

She's a voting newbie on day 1 who hasn't done anything wrong. I won't vote for her (yet).

seconded

Based on Thorum's notion that Al Jenn is LEAST likely mafia because scum wouldn't play around with the precious....it is likely that at least one scum is on this list, agreed?

Al Jenn: (5)  Aemon  Locke  TMD  Charis  Dragon  MCS

Adella, the problem with dismissing Day 1 as "random" or "nothing to see here" is that gives the mafia an edge.  Often, mafia tells begin with their first post and we've had several questionable posts already.  I think we have already gotten plenty to build on at this point, but the next set of responses will be quite interesting...

And Thorum, Marta is a newbie who voted me out of spite after calling her out on her "I'm so innocent, i fart rainbows" post.  She also refused to answer my question about her connection to Adella, whom answered for her.  Is that not scum?

Adella, the problem with dismissing Day 1 as "random" or "nothing to see here" is that gives the mafia an edge.  Often, mafia tells begin with their first post and we've had several questionable posts already.  I think we have already gotten plenty to build on at this point, but the next set of responses will be quite interesting...

Lol, I feel that I am being used for Mynd to be able to metagame :P

Not sure how I feel about that.. And I also happen to try not to read into Day 1 too often, but there is SO much going on already! For instance, Al Jenn. I happen to know him very well, and I think he is just trying to mix up his play style (which is good and bad at the same time). A lot of people have complained to him about how he plays, so I think this is his attempt at changing it, thus why I could seem off to a lot of people. Or, he could really be the jester or some other role where he wants to throw us off. Hiding in plain sight I believe the term is?

That's all I've got. Do with it what you will.

I believe I have covered that.. ;D

Archived