DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings - The One Ring - Mafia DAY 6

Talya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sigh* Ed... You really fight too much sometimes.

Mynd, you pointed out no one helping Ed, but also no one is agreeing with you on him. Because they know how he is.

Ed2funy is a spammer, he can post between every time we post, even if he is on his phone, and us with some kind of super computer. I'm not sure how he does it, but he does. So yes, him posting this much is perfectly in line for who he is. As he said at some point (I don't quote much) he was LYNCHED in a game for NOT POSTING ENOUGH! We expect this behavior from Ed, because it's who he is.

Disclaimer: This is not really me defending his innocence or saying he is/isn't scum, this is my saying SO FAR Ed has been perfectly within his personality.

Also, I don't see how you don't get his arguments.. They are short and don't have much depth, but they make good points.

Ed, if you flip scum at any point after this post, I am going to shun you for a week. ::)

Er, so if he flips scum before that post, it's okay?  And he'll be shunned for a week if he ever flips scum again?  [/smart alack remarks] 

As for Ed:  I agree with Adella about him.  This IS just how Ed is....he's not normal, so to speak. :D

Also, I don't see how you don't get his arguments.. They are short and don't have much depth, but they make good points.

What good points has he made?  He claims that I am trying to out people's roles with my accusations.  My questions have all been behavior focused.

I'll agree I'm not helping the innocents if you do too. :P

I will agree to no such thing.  I believe my observations have been pretty spot on thus far and, unlike others, I have been openly sharing them with the other innocents.  Open communication is the only asset we have against the non-innocents.   

I may post my ideas, but I like to watch reactions too. ;)

What are you waiting for?  The time for shtick has passed.  Time to start playing the game.

So, can someone help me out here?

The point of Day 1 is to see who gives themselves away obviously and/or weed out the inexperienced?

Or is it about ruffling each other into revealing something important?

What good points has he made?  He claims that I am trying to out people's roles with my accusations.  My questions have all been behavior focused.

Well, you may not, but I have seen players use questions like the ones you are asking for just the reason Ed has said, to try to see who might have an important role. Most people with good roles (who don't play much on a regular basis) are more likely to get into these conversations because they feel like they need to take a bigger hand in the game.

That, or they will lurk hard-core...

So, can someone help me out here?

The point of Day 1 is to see who gives themselves away obviously and/or weed out the inexperienced?

Or is it about ruffling each other into revealing something important?

You never want to get rid the inexperienced on Day 1 unless you are absolutely certain they are not innocent.  If they are innocent, we need the numbers.  If they are mafia, I'd rather go up against an inexperienced mafia than an experienced one.

There are innocents and non-innocents.  Innocents share information and look at every possible player as mafia until proven otherwise.  We use deductive reasoning and logic to try and make the best possible lynch.  It's really our only power. Our essence is information.

The Mafia will try to distract and discredit.  Their essence is DIS-information.  They are allowed to communicate off thread and therefore they can coordinate their dis-information behind the scenes. 

So, I ask you:  Who has been sharing information and who has been trying to discredit?

Well, you may not, but I have seen players use questions like the ones you are asking for just the reason Ed has said, to try to see who might have an important role. Most people with good roles (who don't play much on a regular basis) are more likely to get into these conversations because they feel like they need to take a bigger hand in the game.

That, or they will lurk hard-core...

I remain confused here.  It sounds like you are saying "Well, I've seen people ask questions and they were mafia, so anyone who asks questions could be mafia."  Again, as I stated in the previous post, our only power as innocents is the sharing of information, and the lynch.  They go hand in hand.  We need to make the best possible choice for lynching and the best way to do that is by sharing our info, not trying to discredit those who are asking direct and simple questions.

Do you agree that by Ed purposely not sharing his thoughts that he is not helping the innocents?

Ok. I think I understand now.

So for instance, the Al Jenn bandwagon, and your own, are likely to be started by Mafia, due to the lack of decent information pointing towards guilt?

SO ed's spam-posting could be an attempt to draw attention away from the actual game being played?

I think I understand. Thank you for the clarification Mynd!

I have to admit i am more concerned about AJs behavior more so than eds or martas. And tmd has explained himself pretty well

I agree with you on TMD.  His replies have been consistent except the misinformation part, but he did explain his unvoting. His "Eye of Sauron" comment is worthy of keeping in mind though....peculiar that.

I am still lost on what it is about AJ's behavior that has you concerned.  Please elaborate for me. I don't think a mafia would risk making a "precious" comment to draw attention to oneself.  

Do you not agree that Ed is purposely not sharing his thoughts and therefore not helping the innocents?

Do you not agree that Marta's actions, although she is a newbie, are at least somewhat questionable?

Mynd, anyone and everyone could be mafia in my experience, which I admit isn't as great as it could be. From how I have seen people play in other games, the one asking questions could either be genuine in trying to help the town, or trying to role fish, OR they even might be just trying to point the FoS (Finger of Suspicion for you newer players) at whatever they can grasp at. I don't THINK that is what you are doing, but at the same time, I can see what Ed is getting at.

*grumbles over the mischievous little monkey getting himself in over his head*

And Efrit, yes, both of those points are about right. But at least Ed hasn't been spamming to take away from the game, we keep doing that in other games ;D

Also (sorry to double post) I am betting that you will get more out of Ed when he isn't posting from his phone. I know from personal experience how hard it is to get a fully thought out game post from your phone when you can't review what has been said.

Ok. I think I understand now.

So for instance, the Al Jenn bandwagon, and your own, are likely to be started by Mafia, due to the lack of decent information pointing towards guilt?

SO ed's spam-posting could be an attempt to draw attention away from the actual game being played?

I think I understand. Thank you for the clarification Mynd!

I don't really wanna call the four votes on me as a bandwagon from the standpoint that three of them are were cast just because its me.  LZM got burned by me before so its understandable for him to be wary.  Thorum and I are old friends/adversaries so that was no surprise.  The only one that I find was made not simply because of my notoriety is Marta's, which she admits was out of spite. 

I also do not think that Al Jenn's bandwagon was started by the mafia so much as it was a dogpile on what the mafia thought would be an easy lynch.  It stands to reason, as Thorum posted earlier, that Al Jenn is likely innocent and the third or fourth person on his bandwagon is likely mafia. 

Eds spamming, to me at least, is his attempt to distract.  His replies to me have been focused on discrediting me and not on the facts of the game.  To me, that indicates a likely mafia player.

Mynd, that isn't the only thing we have. Foreknowledge is just as good. :P

Enlighten us, please.  What foreknowledge do you have?

Mynd, all you do is try to discredit! :P

Incorrect! My questions have been focused on behavior.  Your responses have been focused on me. There are 20 plus players in this game and at least five or six that are worthy of at least a second glance.  Now, I know I'm pretty, but set aside your obsession with me for one moment and give us an actual case for who we should lynch.  If you have a better target for me to move my vote to, by all means, let's hear it. 

Also (sorry to double post) I am betting that you will get more out of Ed when he isn't posting from his phone. I know from personal experience how hard it is to get a fully thought out game post from your phone when you can't review what has been said.

Ed seems to be well aware of what has been posted.  If you can't post anything useful or helpful to the innocents, then please, don't post.

I am still lost on what it is about AJ's behavior that has you concerned.  Please elaborate for me. I don't think a mafia would risk making a "precious" comment to draw attention to oneself.  

Do you not agree that Ed is purposely not sharing his thoughts and therefore not helping the innocents?

Do you not agree that Marta's actions, although she is a newbie, are at least somewhat questionable?

Okay, my internet is being retarded enough that I can't really get into much because by the time I type up a long post with quotes from all over the game and try to post it, I will have 25 new posts to read. ::)

But I did want to respond to a few points, and do something of substance at this point.

Okay to Mynd's first in the above quote--I generally agree that, especially on Day 1, we can't read "mafia" into a "my precious" comment.  Because it could be just for fun, and because, as Mynd says, that seems a bit risky for someone who's trying to fly under the radar.  However, as Mynd should well know, sometimes a good way to avoid suspicion is to act like you have nothing to hide, and no reason to.  I haven't played all that often with him, but I've read a couple of games he's played in, and that seems to be his general strategy.  He acts that way whether scum or town, so it's hard to get a read on him.  But anyway, my point is, Mynd, his "my precious" comment doesn't really give us any sort of insight one way or the other--guilty OR innocent.

To the second part of that quote--I haven't played that much with Ed, either, but I don't think he really has a "help the townies" mode, really.  He kind of just does his own thing...sometimes he helps, sometimes he hinders.  On Day 1, perhaps it really shouldn't be that big of a deal that he doesn't think it's important to act all pro-townie.

To the third--I think a lot of what Mynd has been saying has been interesting, though not necessarily useful or helpful, because Mynd could build a case against near enough everyone who's posted, and not everyone who's posted can be scum, logically. :D  However.  I do happen to agree with him about Marta's behavior.  So I will [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and [glow=red,2,300]vote Marta.[/glow]

**edit 6 NEW REPLIES >.<**

Nothing new to add, as it happens.  Just making a point of groaning about the 6 new replies. :P

Yes, but he discredits accusations against himself, and unlikely people it seems to me...

Common reaction to accusation, no?

Mynd - Why the third or fourth people? Is it because they waited? If so, wouldn't the first and second be more likely suspects, due to not wanting to appear as though they waited?

If you can't post anything useful or helpful to the innocents, then please, don't post.

And now I get why you are annoying people.. Come on, everyone has a different playstyle, no one is gonna not post just because you said so...

Guest dragonsworn1991

[glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] [glow=red,2,300]vote mynd[/glow] quit ignoring me.  >:(

I had witty posts waiting for you and I to have a humorous back and forth . I am disappointed.  :'(

Efrit, that is what we call a WIFOM situation. Ever seen Princess Bride? Wine In Front of Me, meaning you try to get into your opponents head to see what they would do, poison your cup or theirs, and a lot of the time, they tend to do something completely unexpected (like poison BOTH glasses) so it is just sometimes a headache to try to figure it out.

Efrit, that is what we call a WIFOM situation. Ever seen Princess Bride? Wine In Front of Me, meaning you try to get into your opponents head to see what they would do, poison your cup or theirs, and a lot of the time, they tend to do something completely unexpected (like poison BOTH glasses) so it is just sometimes a headache to try to figure it out.

Ah. That is quite a conundrum. If ignored, you could end up being completely blindsided later, but if you take it into your play style, it's more likely that you will be killing innocents..

Sneaky Mafia are Sneaky...

And on a completely unrelated note, "Inconceivable!"  :D

We need to hear from some of these lurkers and ghost players.   Inactive drive me nuts, but I refuse to lynch someone simply because they are inactive.  Unresponsive...now that's different.  

Anyone have a guess as to when som1 will be back to answer our questions?

Mynd - Why the third or fourth people? Is it because they waited? If so, wouldn't the first and second be more likely suspects, due to not wanting to appear as though they waited?

Its odds really.  A lot of mafia players vote each other on Day 1 initially, as to appear not on the same team.  It's hard to say that the first person voting someone is creating a bandwagon since, by definition, the bandwagon doesn't form until more people vote.

Typically, but not always, the third or fourth person voting on a bandwagon is mafia because they see an opportunity for a quick lynch.  Veteran players, feel free to correct me, but it has been my experience that mafia try to slip their votes on when momentum is being built on a particular player, such as Al Jenn.  If there are already two or three votes on one particular player, then the mafia can jump on and try to get the bandwagon moving closer to lynch.  This is why I was making the comment about the bandwagon on Al Jenn happening way too fast.

For the record, I do not 100% feel that Al Jenn is innocent, but in my opinion, he is less likely because of the reasons mentioned earlier than some others who have really looked guilty.  Hope this makes sense.

And now I get why you are annoying people.. Come on, everyone has a different playstyle, no one is gonna not post just because you said so...

You have to be playing the game to have a playstyle.  Are you that bent on defending Ed that you fail to admit that his posts are not helpful? If they are not helpful, then why post at all?  

Archived