DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Thorgan: it doesn't really say, except that they had ranged almost to Shayol Ghul. Given their ability to hide in plain sight, that they might hear something wouldn't surprise me. According to an alternate theory (because it has been theorized either here or elsewhere that Ishamael was trying to mess with things and leaked the story), perhaps they were "given" the information in a manner similar to what happened with the Death Star in Return of the Jedi, assuming you are familiar with that story.

Either way, we don't really know. It's the same thing with man in the Ogier story that substantiates it, we've no details on how he came into that knowledge.

Why does Messana order the Black Ajah to reveal themselves by stealing the ter'angreal stash AND flee to Tear? It doesn't make alot of sense.

Is that to both capture/kill the super girls and disrupt Be'lal's plans to get Callandor?

From Rahvin's perspective, he's happy to see the girls get in Be'lal's way, but wants them dead too. And via Perrin's dreams, while Black Ajah is laughing that the super girls are captured, Lanfear is laughing at them.

The only thing I can get out of the whole exchange is that the reader gets an insight into how all the Forsaken fight, plot, interfere as much with each other as they do the light.

Why does Messana order the Black Ajah to reveal themselves by stealing the ter'angreal stash AND flee to Tear? It doesn't make alot of sense.

Is that to both capture/kill the super girls and disrupt Be'lal's plans to get Callandor?

From Rahvin's perspective, he's happy to see the girls get in Be'lal's way, but wants them dead too. And via Perrin's dreams, while Black Ajah is laughing that the super girls are captured, Lanfear is laughing at them.

The only thing I can get out of the whole exchange is that the reader gets an insight into how all the Forsaken fight, plot, interfere as much with each other as they do the light.

Well I don't have the answer but I will share my thoughts until someone who really knows can come along and answer it for you.

I thought that it was a plot cooked up between Mesaana and Be'lal to get the girls to Tear where they would capture them (as they did) and use this to get Rand to come to the stone so that Be'lal could grab Callandor off him. Because they didn't know that Rand would go straight to Tear anyway.

Also some of the Black Ajah had to get out of the tower after Falme as once the girls returned they would inform Siuan about Liandrin being Black Ajah so Liandrin would have to flee anyway so she might as well take others with her and grab as much ter'angreal as they can (remember they also tried to break into the room which housed the angreal).

Note this is just my conjecture hopefully someone else has something more solid which could well prove me wrong.

Everyone thinks that because supposedly RJ verified it, but I don't trust that signing report because it appears as though they had the assumption that it was Lanfear and that RJ might not have said that at all. I always thought it was Mesaana playing Else; it seems to fit better for many reasons (and Lanfear was spying on Mesaana).

I saw it mentioned earlier in a thread that the Bowl of Winds taped into the standing flows. I know that Mesaana in CoT? was of the opinion that these were no longer available for use. Do we know anything else about how this would have been possible. Wouldn't the forsaken know how to find them if they were still operational?

I saw it mentioned earlier in a thread that the Bowl of Winds taped into the standing flows. I know that Mesaana in CoT? was of the opinion that these were no longer available for use. Do we know anything else about how this would have been possible. Wouldn't the forsaken know how to find them if they were still operational?

Pretty sure it was only possible through this particular ter'angreal, though I suppose there might be others that can do the same. But the fact remains that they channeled saidin without a man. I think the standing flows were a matter of infrastructure.

Regarding Saidin in weaving the Bowl of the Winds--

I think there are several explanations why the Bowl of the Winds was channeling Saidin as well as Saidar. Here are my ideas in decreasing order of likelihood:

1) Nynaeve wore a paralis net into the circle. They thought it was just an an'grael at the time, but in fact it has a collection s of little ter'angreal whose use is still unknown. If it was a breaking-era net like Cadsuane's, it probably had some Saidan interacting tools.

2) Just before going up on the hill Elaine had set several objects of the OP out on the edge of a well. They would have been within line of sight of the hilltop, probably less than a half-mile from channeling that was so powerful it was felt more than 20 miles away. The were even more relics in the saddlebags. Who knows how they may have interacted with each other, especially in the field of powerful channeling? If the Bowl was overloaded, how many of the other ter'angreal in the general neighborhood were also driven beyond their red-line? Nynaeve's little trinkets were almost certainly overloaded in the powerful fields the circle was generating.

3) Ebu Dar and Altara seem to have been relatively untouched by the breaking. We read constantly of rolling hills in the area which suggests long-term erosion over hundreds of thousands of years. There also seem to be a fair number of ruins in the area that are older than 3000 years. If there were any standing wave generators left it is possible that Altara has one.

I know we haven't seen Demandred's alter-ego through KoD. i always figured he was with the borderlanders that came south to find Rand.

Has Brandon or team Jordan confirmed that we still haven't seen Demandred's alter-ego through ToM?

I know we haven't seen Demandred's alter-ego through KoD. i always figured he was with the borderlanders that came south to find Rand.

Has Brandon or team Jordan confirmed that we still haven't seen Demandred's alter-ego through ToM?

In, but not through. In other words, TGS has not been ruled out (though it's unlikely his alter ego was seen on screen there either). In any case, all four rulers were seen on screen in TPOD. See my FAQ sig link; there's an article on Demandred that has all the pertinent quotes.

The ter'angreal, angreal and sa'angreal of Tear and Rhuidean: did they actually make it to Tar Valon? Do we have any confirmation of that?

The objects of power left at Rhuidean are apparently under the protection of the Wise Ones. At least Egwene told the WO that they could keep the ones they still had. I think the ones in Tear are still under Wards set by Rand and possibly Morraine. I have heard people say that the ones left at the dock are still in Cairhein under guard, but I don't know of a reference for that. I do not think any of the caches have made it to the White Tower yet.

Wow Terez, that is a lot of information! Looks like much fighting in aMoL will occur in Andor which IMO should be much better to read about! Seems like TG will have three fronts: SG, Andor, and the borderlands (esp. Tarwin's Gap).

I'm curious, who were the Darkhounds that Perrin found the tracks of in CoT after?

Fain.

Can balefire destroy Fain/Mordeth/Mashadar? Balefire burns you from pattern. It's not fire or energy that destroy body. It erases you from pattern. So how do you attack someone outside the pattern with balefire?

Fain isn't outside the Pattern. He has just sidestepped it in some ways. We don't know what those ways are, but RJ would not have said 'in some ways' if Fain was actually outside the Pattern.

Wow this Wot Wiki article sum up ALL that must be concluded in the last book. It's extremely detailed ! If I have known it sooner !!!! I posted earlier about my doubt about a "too-standard" ending but after seeing this I REALLY can't predict what the last book will include ! Thanks for the link. :biggrin: