DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

A line I picked from book, about the boost in Rand's channeling strength.

Scene from Maradon

It began with waves of fire, much like the ones Ashaman used. Only these were far larger

Can this allude to his true strength in one power?

Edited by WhiskyJack

A line I picked from book, about the boost in Rand's channeling strength.

Scene from Maradon

It began with waves of fire, much like the ones Ashaman used. Only these were far larger

Can this allude to his true strength in one power?

We already know he is far stronger than nearly all other ashaman. And he is skilled in fire.

^^Not what I asked. I am assuming that just like other Asha'man Rand created waves, as big as he can make. Like if he makes a gateway and by comparing the size of his gateway with gateways of average Asha'man you can gauge his strength in OP. Ofcourse Rand has above average skill in fire so his actual OP strength might be a bit lower. All this ofcourse assumes that he gave all he had.

Technically, it does.

But there are many different things to take into account.

As said already, he is quite skilled in fire, so that would make it bigger.

Also, Talants come into it. Androl, who is possibly the weakest, can weave a gateway most likely as big as Rands.

Some have trouble creating gateways, like Aviendha, for one reason or another.

But, as to the quote you mentioned, It CAN allude to his true power, but I wouldnt really count on it. It doesnt tell us anything we dont already know. Rand/LTT is at the top of the OP strength list. His will be biggest and baddest always. We cant really judge HOW much more powerful he is, or if he has gotten much much stronger since VoG like it is suggested.

I concur. I was just looking for something.

P.S: Thank god no one claimed that it didn't matter how big the fire was since he is champion of light. So if fire was 3 sq meter in size, pattern will still force all the bad guys to jump into it and kill themselves :biggrin:

Technically, it does.

But there are many different things to take into account.

As said already, he is quite skilled in fire, so that would make it bigger.

Also, Talants come into it. Androl, who is possibly the weakest, can weave a gateway most likely as big as Rands.

Some have trouble creating gateways, like Aviendha, for one reason or another.

But, as to the quote you mentioned, It CAN allude to his true power, but I wouldnt really count on it. It doesnt tell us anything we dont already know. Rand/LTT is at the top of the OP strength list. His will be biggest and baddest always. We cant really judge HOW much more powerful he is, or if he has gotten much much stronger since VoG like it is suggested.

From what I understand, Androl can make bigger Gateways than anyone else period.

Wide enough for 2 wagons to pass through at once. We have not seen Gateways that size out side of a circle.

I would guess that Spirit is the more important factor in making Gateways. Women don't even use fire for making theirs, only the men do.

Edited by Finnssss

Actually he can make one large enough for a wagon to pass through, not two wagons. I think that's about as large as what Rand could make, which makes Androl's talent so impressive/impossible. He's like the kinswoman Berowin that can hold shields on people much stronger in the power than herself.

Actually he can make one large enough for a wagon to pass through, not two wagons. I think that's about as large as what Rand could make, which makes Androl's talent so impressive/impossible. He's like the kinswoman Berowin that can hold shields on people much stronger in the power than herself.

Good catch, my bad.

People on this forum have mentioned the Sharans and their culture. I was just wondering where I can read about them, since they weren't talked about much in the series. Sorry if the question's already been asked, I don't know how to do a search inside a specific topic. wacko.gif

There is very little info about Shara. I don't own a Big White Book, but I remember there's a small section about that land with a map of sorts.

Otherwise EWOT has a little info on it, and references to chapters that mention Shara.

Apologies if touched on earlier...it's a long thread *shrug

As a part of the Finn's answer(s) to Rand concerning TG: "The two must be as one"

What do you folks think the odds are that they're implying that saiden & saidar must both be used together, as opposed to say the thought of Rand & Moridin merging/resulting bodyswap theory?

The thought struck me with the :aessedai: symbol - two parts of the one power, used as one. Even represented symbolically in the cuendillar seals, though formed only with the male half. Two must be as one, men and women using both parts of the One power.

Two must be as one?

The Question: Too simple? Thoughts?

I can't say that we've ever seen a prophecy to be so misleading as to say, 'the east and the north must be as one, the west and the south must be as one', and then go on to say 'the two must be as one' but not in reference to the two similarly joined geographical regions just mentioned. It's like...

(0.25 + 0.25) + (0.25 + 0.25) = 5.2

Edited by Terez

I can't say that we've ever seen a prophecy to be so misleading as to say, 'the east and the north must be as one, the west and the south must be as one', and then go on to say 'the two must be as one' but not in reference to the two similarly joined geographical regions just mentioned. It's like...

um. . . is that anything like 1 + 1 = 11 ?

can you dumb it down for me a bit? :unsure:

in which book/chapter do we find out the conditions of the sea folk marriage between Nyneave and Lan? or are they just implied in their actions throughout the books?

It's made fairly clear at the end of ACOS, but it's said explicitly here:

And there was Nynaeve, and Lan. Most definitely Nynaeve and Lan, with her near to bursting at the effort of holding her temper around him, mooning over him when they had to sleep apart – which was nearly always, the way accommodations divided up – and torn between eager and afraid when she could sneak him off to a hayloft. It was her own fault for choosing a Sea Folk wedding, in Elayne’s estimation. The Sea Folk believed in hierarchy as they did in the sea, and they knew a woman and her husband might be promoted one past the other many times in their lives. Their marriage rites took that into account. Whoever had the right to command in public, must obey in private. Lan never took advantage, so Nynaeve said – "not really," whatever that was supposed to mean! She always blushed when she said it – but she kept waiting for him to do so, and he just seemed to grow more and more amused. This amusement, of course, screwed Nynaeve’s temper to a fever pitch. Nynaeve did erupt, out of all the explosions Elayne had expected. She snapped at anyone and everyone who got in her way. Except at Lan; with him, she was all honey and cream. And not at Alise. She came close once or twice, but even Nynaeve could not seem to make herself snap at Alise.

um. . . is that anything like 1 + 1 = 11 ?

can you dumb it down for me a bit? :unsure:

Rand asked snakefinns "how do I win the LB and live". he got the answer 'the east and the north must be as one, the west and the south must be as one, 'the two must be as one. To live you must die' (refer KOD, chap18). for winning part, he interpreted that seanchan holds west / south, he holds east / north. he needs an alliance with Seanchan for "two must be as one". this is quite sensible. without seanchan alliance, mankind is divided. thats what shadow wants. thats what ishy did 1000 years ago, when he arranged luthair to invade seanchan. and probably corrupted their verson of KC

of course, meaning of second part, to live you must die is a fiercely debated topic :)

(thanks, but i just meant the math part. i understand the rest of the argument :blush: )

edit - sorry, i didn't mean to be a jerk, i just am sometimes - thank you for taking the time to answer my question, and please forgive my jerkiness. :blush::blush:

Edited by cindy