DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

To me destroying the male adam seems more accurate than escape. Escape to me would have been leaving it whole.

Not entirely sure, but the female adam might also be able to be destroyed by its damane. Do not have a quote.

It's not really possible to destroy the Dom bands, they are made of Cuendillar.

Only two people currently possess the means to destroy Cuendillar, Rand and Moridin.

Any other male channeler would be boned.

Edited by Finnssss

(removed).

Check the wiki and found answers around the Sharom.

- Still wondering if I'm crazy in that I'm bridging a connection between the description of the Collam Daan / Sharom and the Spherical Orb from Egwene's ToM dream.

Edited by Jimvzyl

I had that theory in mind when I read ToM, and I have to say I didn't catch any hint that it might be true. All AS in Perrin's camp behaved normally, IIRC. I really like to know if you still stand by that theory, if you're reading this, boss.

Here in Canada, a 6 toed cat is usually referred to as an English cat or an English tabby.

I never once saw a cat (never mind how many toes it had) in Canada. Not once. Granted, most of the time I spent there was during winter, so perhaps they were hiding.

That's very good to know. To think one can live in today's world and not be aware that such a thing is commonplace in England. Or perhaps it's not that commonplace even there?

i believe the 6 toed cats are an homage to hemingway, or at least to the hemingway home, which preserves and breeds polydactyl cats (these are mainly cats that appear to have thumbs or baseball mits, and are way cool, unusually large, and generally super friendly).

you can read more about it here http://www.hemingwayhome.com/HTML/our_cats.htm

i know a wonderful 6 toed cat who has opposable thumbs and can open doorknobs and catch small prey in one paw. a sight to behold, truly. i suspect RJ had more than a passing fancy for these fine kittehs, and for hemingway's legacy of cat care.

is there a list of the weaves we have seen? and who can perform them?

I thought of a few weaves that were not on the list:

Alise uses a weave to create a spinning shield of Air and suspends it above Elayne and her army. This rotates the air rapidly to deflect any oncoming arrows, should there have been an attack.

Osan'gar (as Dashiva) uses a weave that makes an intimidating buzzing noise that can increase to make people nervous. Rand actually looks over his shoulder to figure out of something is threatening them.

Chesmal uses a weave of Fire, Earth and Water to touch Sareitha and Vandene, killing them instantly.

Egwene discovers that creating a net of Earth (and Fire?) on an object can transform it into cuendillar.

and then I suppose the basic descriptions of each Element;

a weave of Earth can control the earth, a weave of Air can create a shield of air (Rand) or hide something in air (Sheriam) or create weapons of air (Siuan), a weave of Fire can manipulate fire or heat things up (people heat their tea), a weave of Water can manipulate water, a weave of Spirit can create bonds and bind people together, etc.

I'm just starting a tSR re-read and noticed something a bit odd. It says (ch. 5) that Amico was stilled during her capture. I'm pretty sure that's not mentioned in tDR. I only remember Nynaeve punching her in the face and their shields vanish. Am i missing something?

so...who was it exactly that Rand killed in TGH? I used to think it was Ishamael but then just now I remembered he died sometime later.

He fought and wounded Ishy at the end of tGH. Ishy survived. He was wounded, not dead.

so...who was it exactly that Rand killed in TGH? I used to think it was Ishamael but then just now I remembered he died sometime later.

He fought and wounded Ishy at the end of tGH. Ishy survived. He was wounded, not dead.

ahh thanks...I'm starting to forget already(made a reread about a month ago)

I'm just starting a tSR re-read and noticed something a bit odd. It says (ch. 5) that Amico was stilled during her capture. I'm pretty sure that's not mentioned in tDR. I only remember Nynaeve punching her in the face and their shields vanish. Am i missing something?

Egwene used a 'sharpened' version of the shielding weave on her, which is the way AS still/gentle other channelers (assuming the shield reaches its target).

Question: The Salidar sisters had captured and fork-rooted a black ajah. During the night, somebody killed her and the Aes Sedai who was watching her. The Aes Sedai had a twin who was also Aes Sedai.. who killed the two women? I always though it was the twin sister who did it..

Question: What the #@&*! was Nicola all of a sudden doing in the middle of the battle in TAR with the BA in ToM only to be killed a second later? It was never fully explained and when Egwene wakes up, her line of thought on that is interrupted by the discovery of Gawyn and the dead bloodknives.

Question 2: How come Egwene's room wasn't warded or trapped when Gawyn burst in to save her from the bloodknifes whereas Egwene had done that the first time?

Question: What the #@&*! was Nicola all of a sudden doing in the middle of the battle in TAR with the BA in ToM only to be killed a second later? It was never fully explained and when Egwene wakes up, her line of thought on that is interrupted by the discovery of Gawyn and the dead bloodknives.

Question 2: How come Egwene's room wasn't warded or trapped when Gawyn burst in to save her from the bloodknifes whereas Egwene had done that the first time?

1) She stole one of the ter'angeal I believe.

2) It was, but the bloodknives used a servant to set off the traps and get her (the servant) caught instead of them. Egwene couldn't wake up even if she had an alarm set to do that, as the dreamspike kept her stuck in the dream.

Edited by Master Ablar

1) She stole one of the ter'angeal I believe.

2) It was, but the bloodknives used a servant to set off the traps and get her (the servant) caught instead of them. Egwene couldn't wake up even if she had an alarm set to do that, as the dreamspike kept her stuck in the dream.

Okay, that explains the second.

As for 1), Egwene commented on that when she met Nicola there along the lines of "she must have gotten a ter'angreal" but wouldn't those dream-ter'angreal have been closely guarded? And still... why would Nicola choose that moment to sneak into TAR? I think it's a bit too easy to assume she's just so naive as to think she could help.