DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Wolves:

Do they know WHO Rand (LTT/HotH) is? If "yes" have they always known even before he did? If "no" do they know now? or, Does it matter to them?

Is "Shadowkiller" always their name for the Dragon?

Are there any other humans besides Rand/"Shadowkiller" who are NOT wolf-brothers that the wolves have special names for?

EDIT:I think I found the answer to this. If encyclopaedia-wot.org is correct, the only other non-wolfbrother human to have a special name w/ them is Lanfear:Moonhunter

Thanx

Edited by White_star

Quick one here.

If an Aes Sedai who's taken the oaths becomes a damane, e.g. Elaida, are they still bound to the oaths?

they are still bound, the seanchan did extensive torturing sessions to explore the extent of it

Quick one here.

If an Aes Sedai who's taken the oaths becomes a damane, e.g. Elaida, are they still bound to the oaths?

they are still bound, the seanchan did extensive torturing sessions to explore the extent of it

many thanks.

is there a list of the weaves we have seen? and who can perform them?

And if Nynaeve can heal the madness, if she tried to do it to someone who was a darkfriend, would she see a reduced/no dark thorns in their head?

Edited by LemonPastie

And if Nynaeve can heal the madness, if she tried to do it to someone who was a darkfriend, would she see a reduced/no dark thorns in their head?

No single list that I know of.

The second question is speculative - doesn't have a simple answer.

But there's no reason why a DF Ashaman's madness would look different, assuming the GLoD wasn't protecting him - in that case he wouldn't be mad and she'd see nothing.

In Knife of Dreams, in chapter 4 or 5, Faile is talking to a wise one - and suddenly the world "ripples" three times.

Do we know the reason behind those ripples?

It seems very likely that this is a result of belefire abuse, but if it is that, who used it on whom or what?

Why does Messana order the Black Ajah to reveal themselves by stealing the ter'angreal stash AND flee to Tear? It doesn't make alot of sense.

Is that to both capture/kill the super girls and disrupt Be'lal's plans to get Callandor?

From Rahvin's perspective, he's happy to see the girls get in Be'lal's way, but wants them dead too. And via Perrin's dreams, while Black Ajah is laughing that the super girls are captured, Lanfear is laughing at them.

The only thing I can get out of the whole exchange is that the reader gets an insight into how all the Forsaken fight, plot, interfere as much with each other as they do the light.

Well I don't have the answer but I will share my thoughts until someone who really knows can come along and answer it for you.

I thought that it was a plot cooked up between Mesaana and Be'lal to get the girls to Tear where they would capture them (as they did) and use this to get Rand to come to the stone so that Be'lal could grab Callandor off him. Because they didn't know that Rand would go straight to Tear anyway.

Also some of the Black Ajah had to get out of the tower after Falme as once the girls returned they would inform Siuan about Liandrin being Black Ajah so Liandrin would have to flee anyway so she might as well take others with her and grab as much ter'angreal as they can (remember they also tried to break into the room which housed the angreal).

Note this is just my conjecture hopefully someone else has something more solid which could well prove me wrong.

That makes good sense. Its weird to see Rahvin make the statement that Be'lal always rushes his plans rather than let them take the time they need. Doesn't really match up with someone who's nickname is "Netweaver".

Is there any possible way that Be'lal actually survived Moiraine's balefire? Maybe something Ishamael did right before the balefire hit?

That makes good sense. Its weird to see Rahvin make the statement that Be'lal always rushes his plans rather than let them take the time they need. Doesn't really match up with someone who's nickname is "Netweaver".

Is there any possible way that Be'lal actually survived Moiraine's balefire? Maybe something Ishamael did right before the balefire hit?

I have to admit that it seems rather unlikely - him suddenly reappearing would very much feel Deus Ex Machina like. He had his part - and is history. Or better said - he had never existed at all :)

I have to admit that it seems rather unlikely - him suddenly reappearing would very much feel Deus Ex Machina like. He had his part - and is history. Or better said - he had never existed at all :)

It would be very weird. Its just a silly thought of mine revolving around the silver-gauntleted hand grasping lightning bolts. Sammael sits on a throne with that symbol, which to me means he took Be'lal's throne after he died as a little momento of winning the Illian v. Tear battle. Unless Be'lal didn't actually get balefired, and he can back as Taim. Chalk that one up to crazy Monday theories.

When Moiraine talks to Fain before they go to the eye she sais he was still holding back something.

Do we know what that was?

It's never said right out, but it's likely that this refers to his encounter with Mordeth and ties with Shadar Logoth/Mashadar. She does not mention these things in the summary of her 'interview' with him.

not a complete list by any measure but here is the best list I've seen

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/main/true_source/weaves.html

In Knife of Dreams, in chapter 4 or 5, Faile is talking to a wise one - and suddenly the world "ripples" three times.

Do we know the reason behind those ripples?

It seems very likely that this is a result of belefire abuse, but if it is that, who used it on whom or what?

nothing is known for certain but I believe in the theory that this was balescream from somebody (likely Demandred) balefiring something in the area. Perrin feels another of those ripples on a different day so this is a repeatable and localized phenomena. The description is also similar to how the balescream after Nartin's barrow destruction is described.

Edited by herid

why does cats in the tworivers has six toes?

Radiation. From when Eldrene ay Ellan ay Carlan melted the city of Manetheren.

Hehe yeah, but im not kidding. Just read in winters heart that cats do have six toes in the two rivers but five

everywhere else. Odd detail to add i think =)

Heh, 6 toed cats are actually pretty common in England. Here in Canada, a 6 toed cat is usually referred to as an English cat or an English tabby.

One of my ex's had one, that's how I learned about them.

I didn't even blink an eye when they were mentioned in the TR's.

Edited by Finnssss

Here in Canada, a 6 toed cat is usually referred to as an English cat or an English tabby.

I never once saw a cat (never mind how many toes it had) in Canada. Not once. Granted, most of the time I spent there was during winter, so perhaps they were hiding.

That's very good to know. To think one can live in today's world and not be aware that such a thing is commonplace in England. Or perhaps it's not that commonplace even there?

Here in Canada, a 6 toed cat is usually referred to as an English cat or an English tabby.

I never once saw a cat (never mind how many toes it had) in Canada. Not once. Granted, most of the time I spent there was during winter, so perhaps they were hiding.

That's very good to know. To think one can live in today's world and not be aware that such a thing is commonplace in England. Or perhaps it's not that commonplace even there?

I've seen a few over the years here and every owner has always repeated the British line about them. I never looked it up before but I guess according to that article it's only a certain region in England. I didn't know about the US East coast, interesting.

...and yeah most cats around here are house cats, at least in Southern Ontario, you don't see too many outside anymore. I remember them being all over the place when I was a kid, hearing them fight all the time in the middle of the night. Been a while since I heard that.

Heh, there even used to be an older lady, in a previous neighborhood, that would leash her cat and walk it like a dog twice a day lol

Edited by Finnssss

Where are all the people? I know in the earlier books the history of the land has been mentioned as nations having larger borders and more cities. It seems almost half of Randland is not incorporated within the confines of any nation. Some nations do not even have complete control of the areas within their boundaries. Is there a huge population in Shara perhaps? Seanchan does not necessarily appear to be in the midst of any kind of population explosion. Combine this with all the wars, civil wars, and battles pretty much everywhere in the world, the population only drops further. This is not even mentioning the Dark One's taint on the land(bubbles of evil) spoiling food and crops leading to mass starvation and disease.

I'm just surprised that there's even a standing army left to confront the Shadow's forces. I'm still shocked that there Defenders of the Stone still alive. That particular military unit got owned on so many levels throughout the books.

Was not the AGe of Legends much more populated(its been speculated as being so, considering the advancement of society at the time)? I thought everyone was eventually spun back into the pattern once they died. Are there perhaps millions of people in limbo somewhere?