DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Songstress

On 8/23/2019 at 10:09 PM, Niniel said:

Don’t know about the link but welcome to Dragonmount! Fellow European here. (From Sweden.) If you feel like getting to know people then I would recommend the clubs. It’s a place where introverts can have fun together. ? (The Black Tower is a great place to get crazy.) 

Hi Niniel, and thank you! I've had a look around at the clubs, and I definitely think I'll join one. I have the impression that it's ok to join more than one of them, but I'll start out slowly and carefully. ?

On 8/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, Taymist said:

Brussels is beautiful! I visited there once, many years ago on a trip as a Girl Guide. We had a wonderful time. Well. apart from the Zeebrugge disaster, we passed the ferry on our way over to Bruges which was rather traumatic. But our actual stay was great. My second visit was to Ghent for our Dragonmount Euromeet and it just confirmed for me what a wonderful place Belgium is and how lovely its people are. :smile:

A lot of our forums have been archived and some threads are undergoing an overhaul which included the information in that board. It was very outdated. It'll be back once the Admin team are finished sprucing it up. 

Most of our Social Groups are now under the "Clubs" tab at the top of the index page ^^^^^. Take a look around and see if you fancy joining any. If you get stuck, just shout on this board, someone will be around to help.

Thanks for the info, Taymist! I did notice some references to recent changes  on the forum. Starting with the clubs seems like a good idea to get to know the site better.

Oh no, what Zeebrugge disaster do you mean? I just did a quick search, is it the one from 1987? I hadn't heard about it yet! That must indeed have been awful, to see close up while so young. I often feel a bit weird, not knowing so much about the recent history of Belgium. I moved here in 2003, and had a lot to catch up on. People still sometimes look at me as if I'm an alien when I don't recognise songs or movies. I guess Belgians are harder on fellow Belgians than they are on visitors. ? But, even though I'm more of a village/woods/fields person, I have to agree that Brussels and Ghent are beautiful old cities.

5 hours ago, Caroline said:

Hi Niniel, and thank you! I've had a look around at the clubs, and I definitely think I'll join one. I have the impression that it's ok to join more than one of them, but I'll start out slowly and carefully. ?

You can join as many or as few as you like. :smile:

5 hours ago, Caroline said:

Oh no, what Zeebrugge disaster do you mean? I just did a quick search, is it the one from 1987? I hadn't heard about it yet! That must indeed have been awful, to see close up while so young. I often feel a bit weird, not knowing so much about the recent history of Belgium. I moved here in 2003, and had a lot to catch up on. People still sometimes look at me as if I'm an alien when I don't recognise songs or movies. I guess Belgians are harder on fellow Belgians than they are on visitors. ? But, even though I'm more of a village/woods/fields person, I have to agree that Brussels and Ghent are beautiful old cities.

Yes, the 1987 ferry disaster. It was going from UK to Belgium so it was huge news both here and there at the time. I was only about 14/15 so it wasn't a pleasant sight. I'm a country girl myself but I do enjoy the history and the change of scene in some cities. Wouldn't want to live in one though! 

Hello! New but old member here. I rather need some help tbh. I was active some years back, and then life got in the way and I left for some time, but now I'm back and would like to go back into the thick of things again.

The problem is, I created another account because I couldn't access this one. Then I did manage to access it after some months, so now I'm not sure what to do. I read we're not allowed multiple handles and can have the accounts merged instead? I'd really appreciate if someone helped with that as I rather like my new handle name better than this one, though I'd still like to retain the old account. I've been told I need to update my email as well. Thanks in advance and looking forward to dive into the world of WOT again! My new account name is 'DarkSister'.

Guest liillin

Hopefully this is the right spot for this but, Hello All.  Read most of the books ages ago (early 2000's timeframe) and recently started up a re-read (or at least a listen).  Eye of the World's been getting me through my daily commute to and from work, and I've been enjoying every minute of it.   I've  only recently discovered this site, but I'm thrilled to see such a thriving community. Excited to be here and glad to meet you.  - Liillin

Welcome liillin :smile: have fun looking around, check out the Clubs tab up there ^^^^ and see if any take your fancy. The TV/Book forums are under this one on the main index page if you prefer that. Enjoy your re-read.

Guest Nieman257

Hello to all!! I just discovered these books...of course I've always seen them in bookstores, but never paid them any mind...all I can say is "WOW!!" At first, I thought I would only read up to 5, because I had no interest in a 20+ book series lol, but I'm speeding through them. I love these characters so far (2/3 through Dragon Reborn).

I'm glad there's a forum to discuss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello again, to anyone who remembers me-I was very active until the last Sanderson book, and things got a bit... tense.  Not for/or with me, but with good online friends, and it stopped being fun.  I realized there was nothing more I could personally add, so I kind of... wandered off.

With the TV series coming, I thought I would brush the dust off-but I remembered my user name and password!  Hello to anyone who was around back then... is the "Who killed Asmodean" thread still growing? ?

The name is vaguely familiar but unless you were active in any of the Orgs or the RP, our paths probably didn't cross. Welcome back just the same. :smile: Many of us do the whole wander off and return thing, often multiple times lol.

Been a lot of changes recently and you'll find some of the old boards and groups have been archived. The Debates and Discussion board is one of those so if that's where the Asmodean thread was...I can't recall offhand...then it's gone.

If you want to talk Books and TV series, you'll find them below this one on the main index page. The Groups (Orgs/RP) have all moved over to Clubs format which can be found on one of the top tabs up there ^^^^. Have fun exploring!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, Dreggs Morlock said:

With the TV series coming, I thought I would brush the dust off-but I remembered my user name and password!  Hello to anyone who was around back then... is the "Who killed Asmodean" thread still growing? ?

Same here

I've forgotten my old DM information, but I just had a huge nostalgia attack about that thread

2 hours ago, IdleCuriosity said:

Same here

I've forgotten my old DM information, but I just had a huge nostalgia attack about that thread

Welcome back, do you know where you were a member, someone might remember you

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 4:46 AM, jibJAB said:

Hi all! Excited to join the Dragonmount community! I've been doing a re-read to prep for the TV show, always fun to revisit the books.

Welcome, so which book is your favourite then?