DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Songstress

12 hours ago, WarderABA said:

Greetings, I am new to Dragonmount and am anxiously awaiting the TV series to come out. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a movie supposed to be made as well (with Russell Crowe)? I'll double check this in the meantime. Also, I must review all the podcasts/videos/and other wonderful multimedia content that the community has created with their own blood/sweat/and tears and I must say thank you so much for this dedication that we as WoT fans can enjoy and use to heal our souls.

ttd

Welcome to DM. I believe no movie is in the works, just the TV series. Please come join us in the clubs.

12 hours ago, WarderABA said:

Greetings, I am new to Dragonmount and am anxiously awaiting the TV series to come out. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a movie supposed to be made as well (with Russell Crowe)? I'll double check this in the meantime. Also, I must review all the podcasts/videos/and other wonderful multimedia content that the community has created with their own blood/sweat/and tears and I must say thank you so much for this dedication that we as WoT fans can enjoy and use to heal our souls.

ttd

Could it be there been a mix up among some based on that there been some news about Buckley who work on WoT also is onboard for another movie it was anounced in february, where russel crowe will play in that movie

The news were about buckley geting in on said movie but the article also listed other projects of buckleys..so maybe some mixup there?

Either way welcome and as already said hope to see you in the clubsection

I just finished the series for the first time and I have 2 questions, SPOILERS

1st: I liked Padan Fain's death. I don't know why but it felt appropriate that Mat just takes him out with ease and the Mat was the one to do it. Why does everyone hate his death so much?

2nd: Someone please help me out here, I didn't understand 1 small detail in Perrin's fight with Slayer in the last book. Perrin was at the verge of death crawling away and hiding from slayer when Lanfear shows up and scoffs at him. Then in the very next scene, he is powered up and chasing down Slayer like nothing happened, becoming the hunter. What happened? Did I miss something? Accidentally skip a page or something? What was it that turned the tides in their fight?

Edited by SinisterDeath

On 6/21/2020 at 9:47 PM, ajbent said:

I just finished the series for the first time and I have 2 questions, SPOILERS

1st: I liked Padan Fain's death. I don't know why but it felt appropriate that Mat just takes him out with ease and the Mat was the one to do it. Why does everyone hate his death so much?

2nd: Someone please help me out here, I didn't understand 1 small detail in Perrin's fight with Slayer in the last book. Perrin was at the verge of death crawling away and hiding from slayer when Lanfear shows up and scoffs at him. Then in the very next scene, he is powered up and chasing down Slayer like nothing happened, becoming the hunter. What happened? Did I miss something? Accidentally skip a page or something? What was it that turned the tides in their fight?

I think the problem with Fain is, he was completely ignored for about 3-4 books then just turns up out of the blue, its like Sanderson was halfway through writing MOL and the suddenly remembered Fain, having forgotten about him for 2 1/2 books.

Edited by SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator
On 6/21/2020 at 11:58 PM, Harldin said:

I think the problem with Fain is, he was completely ignored for about 3-4 books then just turns up out of the blue, its like Sanderson was halfway through writing MOL and the suddenly remembered Fain, having forgotten about him for 2 1/2 books.

I don't even remember Fain in the last book. I remember hearing that he was just a smoldering corpse in the background? 

That, or I'm conflating him with the Super Mydraal that just kinda died off-screen.... Probably doesn't help that he tends to refer to himself as whatever persona he's posing as.

Edited by SinisterDeath

On 6/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, SinisterDeath said:

I don't even remember Fain in the last book. I remember hearing that he was just a smoldering corpse in the background? 

That, or I'm conflating him with the Super Mydraal that just kinda died off-screen.... Probably doesn't help that he tends to refer to himself as whatever persona he's posing as.

Warning Spoiler for MOL

Fain entered the Valley at Shayol Gul surrounded by the Mists of Mashadar and using the mist began killing everything he come across both Good Guys and Shadowspawn, Mat due to the fact that he had carried the Dagger was able to walk through the Mist unaffected walked up to Fain and killed him. It’s in MOL 

I don’t remember what happened to Shaidar Haran.

Edited by SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator
On 6/22/2020 at 4:27 PM, Harldin said:

Warning Spoiler for MOL

Fain entered the Valley at Shayol Gul surrounded by the Mists of Mashadar and using the mist began killing everything he come across both Good Guys and Shadowspawn, Mat due to the fact that he had carried the Dagger was able to walk through the Mist unaffected walked up to Fain and killed him. It’s in MOL 

I definitely read the book, I just don't even remember that scene.
The most I remember was

Mat using cannons through gateways to blow stuff up

Edited by SinisterDeath

Hello All,

New member here. I look forward to discussing the TV series in particular. I, like most of you, have been waiting for this to happen for years. Now that Game of Thrones is over (and will have been for several years now by the time the series is able to finish filming its first season) I have hopes that this will be the "next big thing" for fantasy television lovers.

I haven't read the series again since the final book came out. I live in NYC and, with our stay-at-home orders, I looked at the Wheel of Time books and decided...well, I'll just re-read the first book again before the series comes out. Here I am today starting Book 3. I'm sucked back into the world once again. Love it Love it Love it!!!!

Hi. I'm Kalessin - old, wrinkled, and still got a lot of fire in me. I'm a WOT fan (also of Ursula Le Guin, Tolkien, Moorcock, and a set of others ...). I first noticed WOT when Vol 6, Lord of Chaos, kept turning up in a bookshop I frequented, and reading the back cover I wondered just who this Rand was, what on earth was a taveren, and so on. Then I picked up a used copy (Vol 6) from the library and was hooked. I bought The Eye of the World, since it was obvious I'd jumped into the middle of things, and then proceeded to go through the series as it unfolded.

I'm a muso of sorts - learning the cello with orchestral ambitions, play the trombone in a brass band, and ardently desire to play the Bach Cello Suites and Coltrane on pedal steel, C6th tuning. I also write fiction of sorts, mostly flash fiction - the latest being a couple of stories set in the town of Hullu, East Texas (it was founded by hullu suomalainen Hulkkonen, ergo its name Hullu) concerning the Love Thy Neighbour Guns Ltd company.

On 6/22/2020 at 4:27 PM, Harldin said:

Warning Spoiler for MOL

Actually Mat was ambushed by Mashadar/Fain and was knocked down. Mashadar/Fain came up to gloat, and Mat grabbed the dagger and shoved it in him, to the hilt.

"I've come to give you your gift back, Mordeth," Cauthon whispered. "I consider our debt paid in full."

Edited by SinisterDeath

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It's been a long time since I visited or lurked around so since then I have changed jobs, my kids have grown up etc. and I am building a portfolio of my writing for a work contract and want to access my old posts under YouMayCallMeElci.

I don't have access to my old work email so can't reset my password which I have forgotten, it has been that long.

Please help!?!

Hi there,

I am new to Dragonmount, stubled accross this site yesterday.  I am eagerly awaiting the TV series.  I started reading the WoT in late 90's?  I am a slow reader, and I read this series while reading other series bouncing back and forth.  Although I am a slow reader I have read a lot of series and I hold this series in the highest of regards. But I have only read it once.  So once and it's been over 20 years since I read the first book. I guess once I finish my current book, I plan to go back for a re-read.  I hope to get book 1 read before the series starts, and it'll take me the whole series to re-read the whole series, if that makes sense.  I am a board gamer too so my reading time is limited.

A quick skim of this forum has shown me how much I have forgotten! 

Favorite things of the series?  There are so many but I really like Perrin Aybarra and his story line, and the aiel.  Wow did I forget how to spell Aiel?

Anyway, hi to all the fans of WoT!

Hello everyone, 

My name is Oscar, I started reading WoT after college and unfortunately stopped at book 8, Thanks to life. Due to the quarantine I have been fortunate to have time to reread the series and finish it. Robert Jorden is of course a true master of the Fantasy genre, and Sanderson was the perfect person to pick up the gauntlet and finish the series.  I am a big fan of Sanderson and have read the Stormlight Archive, and cannot wait to continue the story with the upcoming book. Sanderson did a wonderful job and did it with such respect and reverence to Jorden, I got a tear in my eye with the Forward in The Gathering Storm.

With all that being said I am glad I found this community and cannot wait for the upcoming TV series, I know it will be different and am hoping for it, The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go. I see a lot of people comparing the TV series to Game of Thrones, but a very important difference is that the source material has been finished. I hope they make use of Sanderson, he may not be Jorden reborn, but I think he has picked up the Spirit of the Series and he can be very helpful, lets hope they make use of him.

Well I guess I am rambling, but only because I am so passionate and excited about this wonderful World Jorden has created, and am glad to have found some like minded people. May you all find shade and water in your journey.

"There are no endings, and never will be endings, to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was an Ending."

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain 

-Oscar - Follower of the Dragon Reborn, Member of the Band of the Red Hand, WolfBrother, Asha'man

2 hours ago, ojgarcia956 said:

Hello everyone, 

My name is Oscar, I started reading WoT after college and unfortunately stopped at book 8, Thanks to life. Due to the quarantine I have been fortunate to have time to reread the series and finish it. Robert Jorden is of course a true master of the Fantasy genre, and Sanderson was the perfect person to pick up the gauntlet and finish the series.  I am a big fan of Sanderson and have read the Stormlight Archive, and cannot wait to continue the story with the upcoming book. Sanderson did a wonderful job and did it with such respect and reverence to Jorden, I got a tear in my eye with the Forward in The Gathering Storm.

With all that being said I am glad I found this community and cannot wait for the upcoming TV series, I know it will be different and am hoping for it, The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go. I see a lot of people comparing the TV series to Game of Thrones, but a very important difference is that the source material has been finished. I hope they make use of Sanderson, he may not be Jorden reborn, but I think he has picked up the Spirit of the Series and he can be very helpful, lets hope they make use of him.

Well I guess I am rambling, but only because I am so passionate and excited about this wonderful World Jorden has created, and am glad to have found some like minded people. May you all find shade and water in your journey.

"There are no endings, and never will be endings, to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was an Ending."

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain 

-Oscar - Follower of the Dragon Reborn, Member of the Band of the Red Hand, WolfBrother, Asha'man

Welcome Oscar, actually currently reading Stormlight myself at present, struggled to get into until the events at the Tower, now loving it, 2/3 of the way through WOR at present. 
Sanderson is credited as a consulting Producer on the show and has visited the set. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all I am Greg (aka Panda), I became a member of Dragonmount about 9 years ago when I first stumbled upon this amazing series in High school. I made my way about 3/4 through the series and then life got crazy. I am in my final year of my masters now and because of covid, my school, much of my work, my career/personal interest projects, and my non-profit business are all operating virtually... aacck! it's the screens, the screens!

I have recently rediscovered the power of curling up with a good book during the gaps in my day. It was only today that I realized all of my reading has been centered around my career interests (developmental disability, ID, neurodiversity, and ASD... #actuallyautie). So, I have decided to indulge and immerse myself in another world that is arguably more exciting. So, i decided to restart the series!

I have kept up with the development of the TV show (from afar) and I am not sure what I feel about it. Its a mixture of excitement, anticipation, and slight anxiety. Overall, I am pretty stoked for its potential, and I feel the show has been put in the hands of people who actually "get it". I am excited to see where the show aligns with the books and where it diverges from them. I am also looking forward to the expansion of the WOT community through the show, but I am hesitant of the Game of Thrones effect. I really tried to get into game of Thrones (i gave it a season and half) but I could not because I had not read the books and I felt it was overly HBO'ed (tons of flash, sex, and violence). Also, I am not super looking forward to 'fans' who have no interest in also reading/listening to the books. Glad to be here!