DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Songstress

Welcome!

First things first - check out this thread for some basic information on how Dragonmount works, and how to do various things here.

If you have questions, you may post them here and we'll make sure you get answers ASAP... or feel free to create a new thread in this forum to introduce yourself the Dragonmount community - we look forward to getting to know you!

~ Tress, Newbie forum moderator :wub:

• Songstress pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hello! My name is Molly and I am new to Dragonmount. I have been reading WOT since I was about 13; around my sophomore year of high school I took a break from the series (I ended on book 4). Now that I am out of college I decided to pick up the series again starting from the beginning to refresh my memory and delve in from a new perspective as an adult. I remember when I first started reading WOT at a young age I was so enthralled by all the female characters and wanted so much to be an Aes Sedai. I am excited to keep up with this community and dive back in to the series!!

Welcome to DM, Molly :)

I started reading WoT at that age too, and joined here with my bestie at about the same time to role play (write fan fic) with a character who was training for Aes Sedai :)

If you want to 'be' Aes Sedai (or any other sort of character from the WoT world), and like writing, you should also check out the RP (RP or PSW).  It's in the middle of being simplified and for writers/ fans can be much fun :D Essentially, if you have a character idea you'd like to flesh out and play with whilst here, let us know!

Gday Molly!!

Do you wear a cowboy hat??  GRIN   (Aussies will get it)

Welcome to DM Im Dice and im one of the oldtimers around here.

My suggestion to you would be to check out the Social Orgs (oldtimer remember?? before anyone comments  looks for tress) and see what you like.

I heartily recommend the Band of The Red Hand!!!  And the BT if you like spam and mayhem!

If you have any questions ask away and feel free to hit me up by PM if you want. 

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions and messages! I will definitely check out these groups. I have never written fan fic before but it's something I for sure want to try!! I would love to go the Aes Sedai route. When I first started reading WOT at a young age I felt so empowered by the Aes Sedai and the diversity of the White Tower.

13 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

Gday Molly!!

Do you wear a cowboy hat??  GRIN   (Aussies will get it)

Really Dicicle? XD

*pushes him into a corner* 

Ignore him, Molly! Though I do second his recommendation of the Band! If you like music or relaxing with a drink, the Band is the place to be!

And it definitely sounds like you should hit up the White Tower on both sides (social group and rp side). We love new people around these parts so don't be afraid to just chuck a post up anywhere or shoot me a PM if anything gets confusing. Or if you just wanna chat! 

I'm BB, btw! Hope to see you around

Yes, the strength of a lot of the main female characters was key for me early on in the reading too. 

We certainly have some strong and diverse characters here too, both in the RP and in the social groups :D

Pop in and say hi in all the groups that interest you when you have time, it's a good way to get a feel for things and I promise most of us don't bite! 

Have fun!

Hello everyone, I am new to this site. I had read the 1st 3 books about 8 yrs ago then got sidetracked with going back to school while still working full time with 3 kids. I picked the series back up about 2 months ago and reread books 1-3, then New Spring and now Im about 550 pgs into The Shadow Rising. This series is just flat out amazing. I can't seem to put the book down once I start. Any ways, glad to join this site and meet others who love this series as I do. I truly hope that the tv series will do the books justice and am really excited about it (if they do it right). I just have this fear that they will butcher it and it will be bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Caitlinn! And I am not only new to this forum, I am new to the wonderful world of Jordan! I have read many books and was told to check out this series and I was sooo glad I did! I started the series this past September and am on Memory of Light now and wow what a ride! I joined this forum because I was getting post- book series depression super hard! But I am an absolute fan of this series and would argue that this is one of the best ones I have read, if not in a long time, ever! Thanks so much guys!

Welcome, Caitlinn! This is definitely the place to be to recover from your book coma. I recommend checking out the social community section - it took me far too long to venture into the social groups, and it's a wonderful place to make friends who love WoT (and probably some of your other interests as well).

You can join any or all that appeal to you (I am in the Black Tower and the White Tower, for instance), and feel free to ask questions if there's anything you're not sure about!

Welcome to all the newbies! It's great to see new people drop in here at DM.

Hi, I'm Daruya and I'm a WoT fan.  :biggrin:

I'm a member of the White Tower (where Elgee is the Amyrlin and I am the Keeper of the Chronicles) and I'm also a member of the Band, where I'm a Knight in the Cavalry.  

You'll do fine at either group as long as you ply Elgee with kaf and Dicicle with brew . . . :laugh:

1 hour ago, failemandarb said:

Everyone has been real nice so far so thanks!! I'm just glad there's a companion book with extras, that might help some! And apparently a show is in the making? Hope it's awesome!

Hi!!

Check out the social groups! You can join as many as you desire, but please be aware that you won't see all of the boards until after you are a member. More going on behind the scenes.

5 hours ago, failemandarb said:

Ok I've seen some neat places here. Do I just say I want to join the black tower in their forums and wait for a response? And is that the same for everywhere else? Like the white tower?

Absolutely - all of the social groups should have a pinned thread that tells you how to join... I see you've found the Black Tower's already :biggrin:....