DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Songstress

Guest DeeTee

Heya, 

I'm Dee Tee., or DT.  not just 'Dee'   They're my initials and it's what my friends call me.  

I've been reading and re-reading the books since 1996, and for the last 16months have been enjoying a slow and EXTREMELY deep dive re-read following along with the Wheel of Time Spoilers Podcast, and participating in their awesome Discord community.  I met a lot of great people over there, some of whom are also over here, like Songstress!  I also attended my first JordanCon in 2018, returned in 2019, and will continue attending for the foreseeable future.

I've been to Dragonmount so many times over the years, and so finally decided to make the account.  I'm looking forward to interacting.

Edited by DeeTee

Greetings. I am brand new to the WoT series,  finally starting to read it after being long intrigued by the recommendation of a longtime friend. I am 62-years old and this is really only my second or third time into the fandom world. My primary go to fandom is anything “Outlander.”

My recent retirement has allowed me a freedom of expansion in many parts of my life & getting back to reading fantasy fiction is at the top of that to do list. The bar has been set pretty high for me and I hope that it will not disappoint.

I do have a question: What do long-time fans recommend as other starting points such as blogs or websites or pages or whatever. I don’t do Twitter, I am primarily on Facebook social media.

Thanks!!!

On 5/5/2019 at 6:49 AM, DeeTee said:

Heya, 

I'm Dee Tee., or DT.  not just 'Dee'   They're my initials and it's what my friends call me.  

I've been reading and re-reading the books since 1996, and for the last 16months have been enjoying a slow and EXTREMELY deep dive re-read following along with the Wheel of Time Spoilers Podcast, and participating in their awesome Discord community.  I met a lot of great people over there, some of whom are also over here, like Songstress!  I also attended my first JordanCon in 2018, returned in 2019, and will continue attending for the foreseeable future.

I've been to Dragonmount so many times over the years, and so finally decided to make the account.  I'm looking forward to interacting.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You're here HI!  :wub:

Guest Saucyyy

Hellooo!

My name is Saucyyy and I came across Dragonmount in search of news on the Amazon Prime adaptation on the most impactful epic I think I’ve ever read! I was enamoured with GOT when my mother bought me the first book in 2007, and that lore took me through early high school. I entered college in game development in 2012, which is when my parents bought me the ENTIRE WOT SAGA for Christmas that year because I was struggling with motivation for my projects. The saga ended up taking more of my time than schoolwork, and fast forward to 2019, the impact resonates so much that I still recall notable moments from reading Eye of the World! So glad I found this site ? thank you for making this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! My name is Gracia (Gra-thee-ya). I was also looking for news about the upcoming TV show and decided to join the forum ? Started reading WoT around 3 years ago but only recently managed to start A Memory of Light... Taking my time as I don't want it to end I guess ? Looking forward to getting to know the community!

Hi!!!

Welcome to DM! It doesn’t have to end! That’s why we are here! 

The best way to get to meet new friends is to join the social groups. Once you join, you will be able to see all of the boards.

If you have any questions, please ask.

12 hours ago, Ryrin said:

Hi!!!

Welcome to DM! It doesn’t have to end! That’s why we are here! 

The best way to get to meet new friends is to join the social groups. Once you join, you will be able to see all of the boards.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks ? 

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 2:41 AM, Gracia Sedai said:

Thanks ? 

You are are most welcome.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, KingRodel said:

Hey.

Well, checked introductions off the list.

Hello and welcome to DM!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cleteus1984

Hello All!

My name is Colby and I am new to Dragonmount but not to WOT. I have be reading and re-reading the series since I was 12. I am currently on book 12 on my latest read-through. I love the world of WOT and look forward to chatting with others about it. Thanks that's all I can think of for my intro lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ernest

Hi there

I purchased Eye of the World in paperback in 1991 and then bought the hardcover version of each book as it was published. I'm almost finished listening to the series for the second time over Audible. It's my favourite book series and I am thrilled that it will be coming to air.

My favourite character is Perrin Aybara and I'm a huge wolf fan.

I did some online writing years ago through AncientSites and really enjoyed it.

I'm Canadian, from Vancouver but I live in Sydney Australia.

I look forward to meeting and interacting with fellow WoT devotees here.

Ernest

Hey guys,

I started reading WoT in 2008. My brother and a friend of mine had been trying to get me to read the books, but I wasn't sure the fantasy genre would be for me, since I had read mainly sci fi, and only LotR, before then. But, after borrowing EotW from my brother, I fell in love immediately. In the first couple of books, I was mainly excited to see where the story would take Perrin (I guess a bit like Ernest - wolves, come on!) and Nynaeve (I liked her grumpiness, and still do). But as the story and the world expanded, and as I started rereading, I noticed that almost every character and place had something that touched me (either in a positive or a negative way). To this day, I have to force myself to start reading other books than WoT after finishing another reread. There are so many great stories out there (though I have yet to find one that tops WoT), and, sadly, time is finite.

I have visited this forum more than a couple of times as a non-member, whenever I was a bit unsure about something and googled a question. Getting here usually meant me realising, a couple of hours later, that I had just read whole threads, or clicked through to other ones, without realising time was passing. I don't think I will be posting a lot (I've always been more of a lurker), but am definitely looking forward to see which topics are still under discussion.

My boyfriend is currently reading TSR. He started reading quite a while ago, but didn't get farther than ACoS, so he wanted to start again from scratch. I'm reading Leigh Butler's reread in order to be able to answer his questions. It's nice to be able to discuss the books with him, although I do notice I'm a bit of a zealot, and take some criticisms he has on the stories or RJ's writing personally. ? ("It says it right there! Just read it properly, man!")

Since I notice most people on here also post their nationality: I'm Belgian (even though I grew up in Germany), and live not very far from Brussels. We have an old and awesome dog. (Dutch shepherd/border collie mix. In moonlight, her shadow looks a bit like a wolf.) ?

And, finally, I do have a question: in the original post of this thread, there is a link to a thread where there is supposed to be a lot of information for newbies to DM. The link doesn't work for me (Error code: 2F173/H). I'll try to find the thread on my own, but I just wanted to let you guys know. And if someone does have the link, sharing it would be much appreciated. (Otherwise, I might just get sucked into another wormhole, and forget what I was looking for in the first place.)

Wishing you a nice day,

Caroline

Edited by Caroline
Inserting the error code for the link.

Don’t know about the link but welcome to Dragonmount! Fellow European here. (From Sweden.) If you feel like getting to know people then I would recommend the clubs. It’s a place where introverts can have fun together. ? (The Black Tower is a great place to get crazy.) 

On 8/23/2019 at 1:36 AM, Ernest said:

My favourite character is Perrin Aybara and I'm a huge wolf fan.

I did some online writing years ago through AncientSites and really enjoyed it.

You sound like you belong in the WoT Role Play Club :wink:. Welcome to DM! I'm a huge wolf fan too. The Wolfkin was the first ever group I joined here. Sadly it doesn't currently exist as a Club but I also RP as a Wolfkin. Was it RP or fanfic you wrote? 

18 hours ago, Caroline said:

Since I notice most people on here also post their nationality: I'm Belgian (even though I grew up in Germany), and live not very far from Brussels. 

Brussels is beautiful! I visited there once, many years ago on a trip as a Girl Guide. We had a wonderful time. Well. apart from the Zeebrugge disaster, we passed the ferry on our way over to Bruges which was rather traumatic. But our actual stay was great. My second visit was to Ghent for our Dragonmount Euromeet and it just confirmed for me what a wonderful place Belgium is and how lovely its people are. :smile:

18 hours ago, Caroline said:

And, finally, I do have a question: in the original post of this thread, there is a link to a thread where there is supposed to be a lot of information for newbies to DM. The link doesn't work for me (Error code: 2F173/H). I'll try to find the thread on my own, but I just wanted to let you guys know. And if someone does have the link, sharing it would be much appreciated. (Otherwise, I might just get sucked into another wormhole, and forget what I was looking for in the first place.)

A lot of our forums have been archived and some threads are undergoing an overhaul which included the information in that board. It was very outdated. It'll be back once the Admin team are finished sprucing it up. 

Most of our Social Groups are now under the "Clubs" tab at the top of the index page ^^^^^. Take a look around and see if you fancy joining any. If you get stuck, just shout on this board, someone will be around to help.