DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

There are only two reasons for this long post.To divert attention from you, Turin, to someone else and to attempt to save your own hide since you are over halfway lynched.You picked Mish to divert attention from you, Good choice but also blatantly obvious. She has been one of the least active so you assumed if you get people to believe you it would be too late for her when she got back.Bad luck for you that she showed up before you convinced anyone. I'm going to post in your long post to make it easier to read.

Here is everything from Mish after I voted (sort of ) Nicana to draw her into the game...

It's amazing how much you bragged about voting me to get me to post. You were very blatant and made sure everyone heard that you voted me to get me to check into the game but now your saying you sort of voted me. How do you sort of vote someone? You either vote for someone or you don't..The reason you say sort of voted is because it would undermine your reason for questioning Mish's uncertainty about the second vote I put you on.Considering you put the second vote on me first it is quite simple. Turn about is fair play.If you didn't want a second vote on you then you shouldn't have put one on me. 

^- I was bascially gonna ask this. FoS Turin.

Simple FoS, following along after Thorum. meh

Feel better Nica *hugs*

Nice. Nicana, being sick stinks so I hope you feel better too.

This would be very sweet if it was actually sincere but considering your last post on this subject you were not only indifferent but you contradicted yourself by posting this one.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2990087

My guess is that you figured with my inexperience as a player I would have forgotten your last post and would have been so grateful for your kind words that I would immediately unvote you I burst that buuble.

FOR THE NEWBIES:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76698-new-player-tips-and-information/

This is a handy thread put together by peacesells, it tells you the basic neccesities you need to know about mafia :)

Nice and helpful. Nothing much

I didn't connect the dots with the bonus studs.

This was her response to my question if she didn't want the town to have access to the bonus studs. Not really an answer to the question asked. more of an answer as to why I would vote for effect IMO.

Seriously? Considering the fact that both mafia and town get the bonus studs makes this a pretty stupid question. Just another opportunity for you to try to divert the attention off you.

Fair enough I suppose Mish.

How about Nica's vote for me?

Still deliberating that one.

FoS for me when I put a second vote on Nicana, uncertain if Nicana deserves one when she put one on me.

Answered  this one above. Very simple answer and easy to understand. But if you seriously need it explained more I will answer much more slowly next time.

You wanna give a reason with that, Kass?

questions reason for Kass' vote on me, Not the vote itself however.

Really? Do you think we are to blind to see what she actually posted that you could make it up along the way. I guess if it doesn't agree with what you want it to say you try to make it what you think it should say.

Turin is very eager to point out that he's town.

Following along with the Turin is too-Townie or is mafia hiding as town angle but still no vote. I think she wants to nudge my train and cast doubt all around but does not want to vote for me because she knows I am really town. Only mafia could know that at this time IMO.

The reasoning on this is so asinie that it is hilarious. But one question first. When Basel said this he was discredited but Mish says it and she mafia. Is there a reason for this or are you making it up as you go along? First off the fact that you felt you had to explain that mafia knows who town is leads me to believe that this was posted for us newbies. Not only do experienced players not need this explaination but also do to the fact that experienced players would find all the holes in this  claim you made certain that you directed this to us inexperienced players in hope we wouldn't see the holes, believe every word you say and unvote you. Not only this claim but also the reveal seem like desperate acts to get yourself unvoted. Considering neither one of these ploys worked says volumes about your general underestimation of us. I know you thought you would find us easy. Back to the post above. I find it hilarious that you actually thought we would believe that Mish's plan was to nudge your train and cast doubt on you. I believe it's a little too late to say she is going to nudge your train when you are over halfway to being lynched. Seriouslty that train was nudged a long time ago. Just you trying to defect attention off you and on to someone else. You know inexperience doesn't mean stupid. So you believing that we would help you due to our inexperience was just wishful thinking on your part.

unvote. Vote Mish

Current mafia suspect list:

Mish

Basel

Thorum

Nicana

Do you really think that seeing my name on this list effects me? Just another ploy of yours just like all the rest

Also since I am at L-4 and may need to go out for a while..

funny-harry-potter-5.jpg

I am Sirius Black.

Yeah and I'm Megan Fox. *sarcasm*

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An awfully insistent claim ... which, can be taken either way. My experience with Mafia games is that it's not going to go well for you though, Turin, especially with the number of votes you already have and the fact that time is running out.

For instance ... I once, as a Villager in an Are You a Darkfriend? game at D*Con, did very insistently point the finger at someone on the first vote, and proceeded to be summarily lynched on the "your claim is too insistent" argument. The real twist of the dagger is that it turned out that the guy who initiated the lynch was a Darkfriend, and he successfully managed to stick around until the end of the game and win ... *headdesk*

I really still don't seem to have much of anything convincing to go on. But ... it's also day one, and no one has died yet so we don't have any actual action patterns to go on (something I've no game experience with at all - I've played several Mafia games since I did play Darkfriend at Con every time I had a chance to without missing a concert I wanted to visit, but EVERY Mafia game I've ever played before this has started with the night phase, meaning there's actually an initial piece of concrete information in play for the first lynching in the form of the first victim).

Turin I asked about Basel and Thorum because you named them as who you thought was mafia and I wanted to know your thoughts.

Since then DPR and Thorum have caught my eye.

DPR for defending thorum. 

Thorum for not answering your questions and, i thought, being a bit unhelpful about it. And yes I tried hitting posts like Thor suggested but it didn't work. What really concerned me was http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2990806   where he seems certain that one of the major characters would not be in this game. 

So for the moment im more watching but im leaning thorum and want to get a better idea of DPR

MODS

2 things    can we get a DL counter? and just fyi brid is having laptop troubles. this may be why we havent seen her much

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 1 (Hallia)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 5 (Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel)

Mish - 1 (Rhea)

Cloud - 1 (Thorum)

DPR -1 (Turin)

Not Voting - 5 (Mish, Cloud, RTE, BG, Dice)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1200 Studs

Turin I asked about Basel and Thorum because you named them as who you thought was mafia and I wanted to know your thoughts.

Since then DPR and Thorum have caught my eye.

DPR for defending thorum. 

Thorum for not answering your questions and, i thought, being a bit unhelpful about it. And yes I tried hitting posts like Thor suggested but it didn't work. What really concerned me was http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2990806   where he seems certain that one of the major characters would not be in this game. 

So for the moment im more watching but im leaning thorum and want to get a better idea of DPR

MODS

2 things    can we get a DL counter? and just fyi brid is having laptop troubles. this may be why we havent seen her much

Just to make my position clear, I mentioned Thorum only because I suspected Turin was trying to take advantage of someone he believed to be new to the games. I pointed out that Thorum was an experienced player to highlight his (Thorum) response to Turin. 

Turin then responded that I misunderstood his statement.

Anyone interested is welcome to read the posts.

it's anti town not to vote because it will cost us studs?

The way I read it, yes.

• You will receive a Bonus of 100 Studs for every player that has an active valid vote on any player at the time the Hammer falls.

There is less than two days left and this has to end. It will likely end with my death tonight so congratulations to the mafia for sticking on ny lynch.

I am Sirius Black. When the stud bonus for getting everyone to post was available I purchased my character upgrade. At that point I became the town alignment cop.

I am done discussing this until the morning. Lynch me if you wish. I know I will flip exactly as I have claimed.

On a side note, there was a 600 point reduction in studs recently so it is likely that someone else also upgraded their character.

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch.

So are you saying you would avoid voting anyone who claims town? So that eliminates from your consideration, ummm... pretty much every single player in every mafia game you join, right? ANYONE can claim town. Actually being town is not a requirement for claiming town. Your logic fail pings hard. Meantime, Turin has claimed cop now. (After you wrote the above.) So what I'm going to do here is unvote, vote Rhea.

Turin: Or two people bought boosts. I bought a boost, it was awesome.

You are fencesitting though you want to get the stud bonus. Do you not realize that to get the maximum stud bonus everyone must have a vote on someone when the hammer falls? You FoS me for not wanting to vote for someone who is claiming to be a town character yet you don't vote at all? Fancesitting at this point is anti-town. 

unvote...Vote Mish

Ok so I essentially cut out the whole quote from me, press the little arrow on the right to see the whole original post.

Rhea, the bonus studs I was talking about, was the everyone checking in-bonus. We have almost 2 days; I'm gonna place a vote when I want to, and it will be before deadline. Don't worry. I'll place a vote very, very soon.

Nice OMGUS btw.

Fencesitting "at this point"? I could understand that statement if this was LYLO. But it's not. It's D1. I'm fencesitting so much on D1 I have permanent grooves on my bum (it's kinda hot actually). I think it was you who threw a little grumpy fit at Turin for him asking for three reads on D1, saying you usually had only one scum read on D1. Did you decide on a read on Turin (BEFORE his character claim)? I'm not saying I'm not reading him at all; I'm saying my read is switching all the time and I can't pin it down enough for it to warrant a vote. I apologize if it offends you that I'm not that good at pinning down a player after three posts; but from your posts here it doesn't seem like you are either, so... I don't get why you get all hot and bothered by me doing it.

I find it especially funny that you claim my fence-sitting to be an anti-town move at this point, enough to warrant a vote, when in the very same post I linked to there you say "But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you" Soooo... It's ok for you to fencesit, but when I do it, and admit to it openly, it's antitown. That doesn't seem very logical to me to be honest.

And yes, I FoSed you because I had already explained we have no guarantee Sirius is in the game. An explanation based on facts we know. And yet you use his character as the only reason for your unvote. Not a single comment on his play otherwise.

Sooo...

Vote Rhea

For double standards and faulty logic.

Do you really think that a second vote on someone deserves a FoS? I have of course also read your latest posts and there you mention that you are fine with Turin voting for Nicana after he mentioned that it was to get her to post so we could get those 1000 bonus studs, but why do you find a second vote on someone to be suspicious regardless of reasoning?

Ok...Vote Basel for being a herb and not a name!

*bakes Basel in sausage pie*

I'd be a city in Switzerland, in fact. :tongue:

So you just admitted you don't want town to have bonus studs.

Just wanted to make sure. So why do you not want the town to get those points?

Why are you two calling this suspicious when mafia can spend the points too? Are you trying to appear townie? Vote Turin.

At this point it was pretty clear that the mafia always have a certain number of studs available to them, so it would still be balanced for both teams after we got those extra studs. You could have just skimmed over that post, but I still don't like how you are FoSing them because of false information on your part.

unvote

There's 17 players in this game. Cloud, I don't remember having heard from you?

I have been a regular mafia player for the last six months(?). Anyway, I'm experienced enough to not get intimidated by one vote, lol. :tongue: 

Basel, in your post that you voted me you included BG and it looked like you were trying to say he was trying for town cred. What Is your opinion if BG?

There is a chance that BG might be mafia. I'm suspicious of the both of you, although I have a gut feeling I can't explain that you aren't both mafia. If I figure out why I think this, I will post it. You seemed more strenuous in making the point, though, and your train was looking more productive, so I felt a vote on BG would be wasted.

As to who else could be mafia, I'm not sure yet, and I want more data before I commit to anything.

I would like to know how you think that BG might be mafia after his one post about the bonus studs. I can see the argument you make for your Turin vote, but the BG thing seems really far fetched to me after the mods already explained that the studs will be divided fairly between the two teams. 

Dice, thorum is voting nicana. And mish is voting no one.

. Basel is following. He jumped on the train without original thought using an argument that doesn't hold up for day 1 (too townie). People will get abilities and that means people that have posted a lot like me will get checked.

Thorium I have in the group that haven't played that much. He parked what I guess he will call a joke vote on nicana, still hasn't removed it but got kind of upset when I voted her too. That made it look like a distance vote to me. He also said he didn't want town to get the stud bonus. He did retract that upon further questioning.

Let me ask you and everyone else something, do you think Sirius is on the game? DPR stated that my reveal only puts a target on my back. So he seems to think Sirius is in the game and further is town. My argument has been that I have been being obvious in my town alignment.

As to why reveal early. My response is better early than late. If I make this reveal with less than a day left until deadline someone will get run up with no chance to defend. Better to get this done now and go back to looking for the mafia.

So who does everyone think is mafia? I would like 3 names with reasons if you can. If you can't just say so.

This is powerful scummish - I can't believe you're going to have a mini-meltdown this early into D1!

To imply that Basel is following - or really anyone this early in the game - is only good for trying to garner sympathy for yourself. That's not disco at all.

You trying to paint Thor as a mood is laughable - he's 1st gen DM mafia, btw - because it displays that you are judging people's level of experience and crafting your play to take advantage of it. Scum.

Speculating on what characters might be in a Harry Potter game is pointless at best, and a giant S in the sky at worst. You know perfectly well that some mods provide legit role covers. You revealing so early really pinged me, and claiming a prominent character pinged me harder. If you would have claimed Mr. Filch's cat, I'd have felt better about it, frankly.

Early reveal is only trying to smoke out the real character. 

The cherry is ending your post with the good 'ol "top 3 for scum list" suggestion.

I almost never seriously scum-hunt on D1, but if you're just going to throw it in our laps then I'm inclined to leave my vote where it is. Worst case scenario, your actually misguided town who will just be a distraction anyway.

I agree with you that Turin is scummy for saying that Basel is following so early in the game, and even more importantly how he downplays Thor's mafia experience and tries to take advantage of it. 

Do I think Sirius would be mafia? No.

Do I think Sirius would be in the game? I don't know. Ithi has stated that there are over a 150 possible characters. I know my own is a minor character I would not otherwise have expected in a HP game, so character-wise I'm not taking anything for granted. I don't even see it as a given that Harry, Ron and Hermione is here. So I'm not gonna base my views only on characters, I1m gonna take note of character claims, but they're not gonna majorly affect how I see someones play.

So do I think you are Sirius? No idea. It could be you're gambling because of the amount of characters, grabbing someone you think people will trust, and hope no-one else is Sirius. The mods could have given the mafia fake-claims. Or you could be Sirius. Either way, like I've already explained, I'm not gonna base if I think you're town or mafia off your claim.

I really like this post from Mish. We have no way to verify that Sirius will be in the game just because he is an important character in the books. Hell, we can't even judge the allignment of the characters so we should just stop speculating about it and instead just focus on the way people play.

And yet even after I explained my meaning you still took his interpretation.

I asked specifically wether people thought my character would be in the game. You keep using that word. Hoping to make it stick methinks.

unvote. Vote DPR

You know I'm not mafia but are pushing this anyway.

And now Turin votes for DPR. He again repeats that he is town and basically votes for DPR because he is going after him. This only makes him look worse in my eyes because I think that DPR actually made a couple of vaid points. 

A general note: active players will get more on your nerves. That doesn't make them mafia.

It's early day 1, we cannot have any idea who is mafia.

I don't like this post from Thorum though. It's true that most of the time we can't have any idea who is mafia, but not trying to scumhunt because of it is lazy and isn't helping town at all. When Turin asked for three scum reads he of course didn't mean that you should be certain of those reads, but it is useful to know where everyone currently stands in the game. 

@ Turin; It's day 1 and you are asking us to give three possible scum reads? It's day ONE! I rarely have scum reads on day 1, if I do I might at the most have one or two tops. :dry: But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you, I have a hard time believing any claims since I've been burned so many times before with that move, but I'll not vote a town claim on day 1. I'm not so sure I think you are scum anyway. I do know that Serius Black is a possible character for this game as he is shows up in Lego HP more than once and he is a good guy after all. Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like! 

That being said, no one has unvoted for you after your claim and I find that scummy. 

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch. 

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you.

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

This. Turin repeating over and over that he is town coupled with his early reveal while there have been only like one or two serious votes on him is scummy. He also said that he revealed to remove distractions so we could just focus on scumhunting :rolleyes: I think he knows very well that his reveal would only cause more distractions so that seems like bs to me.

Rhea mentions that she has a hard time believing any claims and that she isn't sure that Turin is scum, and then she FoSes the people who are still voting for Turin. She even goes as far as FoS DPR for pushing a claimed town lynch, which is in stark contrast to her previous statement where she appears to be uncertain about Turin's claim. Like I already said, even if Sirius is in the game, we wouldn't know his allignment for certain. It could as well all be random.

You are fencesitting though you want to get the stud bonus. Do you not realize that to get the maximum stud bonus everyone must have a vote on someone when the hammer falls? You FoS me for not wanting to vote for someone who is claiming to be a town character yet you don't vote at all? Fancesitting at this point is anti-town. 

unvote...Vote Mish

Weak vote is weak. I can't believe that you are voting for Mish because she isn't voting for someone and therefore we aren't getting the maximum stud bonus. You could have for example used the same argument on me, because I didn't make any kind of vote. Those studs won't help us win the game, good old fashion scumhunting will. Also, Mish tends to fencesit a lot during the first Day or so till she really gets the feel for the game.

I noticed that Turin claimed to be the Cop, but I'm dead tired right now and I can't figure things out anymore so I will just play it safe and vote for Rhea. I will figure the whole boost thing out tomorrow.

Vote Rhea

Here is where the studs became available. I sent my request in immediately. The PM was waiting for the time to arrive.

Current number of available Studs

Thank you all for Checking in so promptly ...

A Deadline is now in place. You have 72 Hours to achieve a Majority Lynch.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

This was the next stud count  1430-737 is more than 600...

I miscounted :sheepishgrin:

Unvote

Standard procedure for a Cop claim.

However, I would like to know exactly when Turin purchased his upgrade. Turin, you want to lay that on us?

See Above...

There is less than two days left and this has to end. It will likely end with my death tonight so congratulations to the mafia for sticking on ny lynch.

I am Sirius Black. When the stud bonus for getting everyone to post was available I purchased my character upgrade. At that point I became the town alignment cop.

I am done discussing this until the morning. Lynch me if you wish. I know I will flip exactly as I have claimed.

On a side note, there was a 600 point reduction in studs recently so it is likely that someone else also upgraded their character.

I bolded when I did it. I guess I should have said immediately when the studs became available...

Could have saved a whole day. :dry:

Do you really think that a second vote on someone deserves a FoS? I have of course also read your latest posts and there you mention that you are fine with Turin voting for Nicana after he mentioned that it was to get her to post so we could get those 1000 bonus studs, but why do you find a second vote on someone to be suspicious regardless of reasoning?

I can't beleive you bring this up again! >.< I found it uneccessary and opportunistic to place a second vote on someone who hadn't even cehcked in yet. Then the explanation with the studs and everything and bla bla and it was fine. Get it?

Turin:

1 thing (no, you're not getting what kind of thing) at 04.52 PM my time (GMT+1) july 29th, and a character boost at 11:14 PM the same day.

I noticed that Turin claimed to be the Cop, but I'm dead tired right now and I can't figure things out anymore so I will just play it safe and vote for Rhea. I will figure the whole boost thing out tomorrow.

Vote Rhea

I have to say that I do not like this post. If you are not thinking clearly why place that vote? And how is the Rhea vote "playing it safe"?

Finally what do you mean you are playing it safe.?

Here is where the studs became available. I sent my request in immediately. The PM was waiting for the time to arrive.

Thank you all for Checking in so promptly ...

A Deadline is now in place. You have 72 Hours to achieve a Majority Lynch.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

This was the next stud count  1430-737 is more than 600...

I miscounted :sheepishgrin:

Unvote

Standard procedure for a Cop claim.

However, I would like to know exactly when Turin purchased his upgrade. Turin, you want to lay that on us?

See Above...

I bolded when I did it. I guess I should have said immediately when the studs became available...

Could have saved a whole day. :dry:

So basically, with 5 votes on you (enough to make you want to reveal) you decide it's a good idea to deplete the Town of studs by boosting yourself? 

Does that sound like Town behavior? Because I could swear you started this whole thing by accusing others of not playing Town. 

You and Rhea stink worse than Hagrid's outhouse after chilli night. 

Vote Rhea

She flips scum, you're gonna swing after her. Siriously.

DPR, 5 pretty weak  votes. One that was a self labeled "shot in the dark" and one that was later described as the result of a 20 sided dice roll. add in that I was the one that did the work (and caught the flak) to get them and I didn't have a problem with it.  

I really do not like you linking me with Rhea either. I don't know her alignment any more than I know yours. The fact that you want to set up a lynch on the claimed cop based on nothing is awful. just awful.

BTW, I don't think Mish could have purchased her boost in the same time frame that I bought my full upgrade. I will be okay with that lynch too. 

If you have questions then here is the math.

July 29th 2100 GMT based on Ithi's post  1430 studs

July 29th 2103 GMT based on my PM saying my 600 stud upgrade was accepted 1430-600= 830 studs

July 29th 2214 GMT based on Mish's statement  after her 300 stud boost  830-300 = 530

July 29th 2352 GMT based on Key's post   737.

So in the less than 3 hours between when Ithi posted the points and when Key posted her update, we would have had to earn AT LEAST 207 points. And that is if all the points were available to Town players which the MODs have confirmed is NOT the case.

So either DPR or Mish today and we can move forward.

Archived