DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

Do I think Sirius would be mafia? No.

Do I think Sirius would be in the game? I don't know. Ithi has stated that there are over a 150 possible characters. I know my own is a minor character I would not otherwise have expected in a HP game, so character-wise I'm not taking anything for granted. I don't even see it as a given that Harry, Ron and Hermione is here. So I'm not gonna base my views only on characters, I1m gonna take note of character claims, but they're not gonna majorly affect how I see someones play.

So do I think you are Sirius? No idea. It could be you're gambling because of the amount of characters, grabbing someone you think people will trust, and hope no-one else is Sirius. The mods could have given the mafia fake-claims. Or you could be Sirius. Either way, like I've already explained, I'm not gonna base if I think you're town or mafia off your claim.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mish, I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you're falling into Turin's trap.

Any speculation regarding characters only acts as a distraction to the game. Turin knows this.

Judging players on how they play will always benefit the Town more than speculation over setup, roles, and characters.

It's D1 - we have no mod confirmed info. Talking about what characters might be in the game just takes your attention away form Turin and why he is acting the way he is. It adds spam to the thread, and it acts as its own form of leading because experienced scum will watch to see what the Town expects there to be in the game, and then use that to their advantage.

Does all of that make sense?

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 1 (Hallia)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 5 (Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel)

Basel - 1 (Rhea)

Mish - 1 (Turin)

Cloud - 1 (Thorum)

Not Voting - 5 (Mish, Cloud, RTE, BG, Dice)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1200 Studs

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

DPR, reread my post about Thorum. I never said he was new. I said he wasn't playing in this game. He was the one that misrepresented my post and you are following along with his misrepresentation. Why?

My reveal was intended to remove distractions so we could look for actual mafia. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth about it. On one hand saying it was unneeded and only makes me a target. If that is the case then mafia will eliminate me in the night and my distraction is gone. So why push my lynch today? Most likely reason is you are mafia and would rather town do the work for you.

Why do you oppose the idea of everyone getting their thoughts about who they believe is mafia out into the open? Day 1 is about information. The more the better. If everyone contributes it is better for town. This is wasting time because other people are sitting on the sidelines just watching.

And now who is leading? Kindest way possible of course... LOL

DPR, reread my post about Thorum. I never said he was new. I said he wasn't playing in this game. He was the one that misrepresented my post and you are following along with his misrepresentation. Why?

My reveal was intended to remove distractions so we could look for actual mafia. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth about it. On one hand saying it was unneeded and only makes me a target. If that is the case then mafia will eliminate me in the night and my distraction is gone. So why push my lynch today? Most likely reason is you are mafia and would rather town do the work for you.

Why do you oppose the idea of everyone getting their thoughts about who they believe is mafia out into the open? Day 1 is about information. The more the better. If everyone contributes it is better for town. This is wasting time because other people are sitting on the sidelines just watching.

Quote from your earlier post "Thorium I have in the group that haven't played that much." 

Seems that's easy to take the way that both Thorum and I read it. You spinning it another way vs. just putting it in context is scummy.

Everything else you say is backpedaling and spin control.

Did you or did you not attempt to start a conversation about what characters might be in the game? Scum.

Tunnel over. The crowd will see what they see.

And yet even after I explained my meaning you still took his interpretation.

I asked specifically wether people thought my character would be in the game. You keep using that word. Hoping to make it stick methinks.

unvote. Vote DPR

You know I'm not mafia but are pushing this anyway.

Quote from your earlier post "Thorium I have in the group that haven't played that much." 

Seems that's easy to take the way that both Thorum and I read it. You spinning it another way vs. just putting it in context is scummy.

Everything else you say is backpedaling and spin control.

Did you or did you not attempt to start a conversation about what characters might be in the game? Scum.

Tunnel over. The crowd will see what they see.

Actually it is 5 am now but I drive a fuel tanker for a living and as a result work odd hours. What questions did I ask that have been answered? The only question I asked you was who you think is mafia. Why don't you want to answer that? Do you now think cloud is mafia?

Which concerns are you referring to BTW? If you have answered them then you will remember the answers. My job means I sn frequently playing from my phone which makes navigation a pain.

Thorum, now that you are back can you reply to this?

@ Turin; It's day 1 and you are asking us to give three possible scum reads? It's day ONE! I rarely have scum reads on day 1, if I do I might at the most have one or two tops. :dry: But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you, I have a hard time believing any claims since I've been burned so many times before with that move, but I'll not vote a town claim on day 1. I'm not so sure I think you are scum anyway. I do know that Serius Black is a possible character for this game as he is shows up in Lego HP more than once and he is a good guy after all. Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like! 

That being said, no one has unvoted for you after your claim and I find that scummy. 

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch. 

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you. 

Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like! 

I'm Lupin. No, I'm Dumbledore.  Sorry, joking, I'm mr Filch. if I wasn't McGonnagal. Well, I'm definitely NOT Lucius Malfoy.

Reading the last 10 pages, it seems improbable to me if all 5 of these, major, characters are in the game. Hence, a character claim in this game is useless.

. Basel is following. He jumped on the train without original thought using an argument that doesn't hold up for day 1 (too townie). 

Your argument here doesn't surprise me. For some one that is "obvious" town or continuously posting he is town believing the opposite would be detrimental to the face you are trying to portray.Which is blatantly obvious considering you are the only townie that feels the need to constantly say in almost every post that he is town.

Let me ask you and everyone else something, do you think Sirius is on the game? DPR stated that my reveal only puts a target on my back. So he seems to think Sirius is in the game and further is town. 

If you are truly Sirius Black what is the point of asking this question? You would have no need to post it because you would know he is in the game. 

so, 16 players, which makes (probably) 12 townies.

- Harry

- Ron

- hermione

- dumbledore

- mcgonnagal

- lupin

- snape

- neville

- ginny

- fred

- george

- hagrid

Is any of these less likely to be in the game than Sirius black? At least one of them won't be here. Probably more. The mafia could even know who's in the game and who isn't...

@ Turin; It's day 1 and you are asking us to give three possible scum reads? It's day ONE! I rarely have scum reads on day 1, if I do I might at the most have one or two tops. :dry: But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you, I have a hard time believing any claims since I've been burned so many times before with that move, but I'll not vote a town claim on day 1. I'm not so sure I think you are scum anyway. I do know that Serius Black is a possible character for this game as he is shows up in Lego HP more than once and he is a good guy after all. Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like! 

That being said, no one has unvoted for you after your claim and I find that scummy. 

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch. 

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you. 

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

Mish, I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you're falling into Turin's trap.

Any speculation regarding characters only acts as a distraction to the game. Turin knows this.

Judging players on how they play will always benefit the Town more than speculation over setup, roles, and characters.

It's D1 - we have no mod confirmed info. Talking about what characters might be in the game just takes your attention away form Turin and why he is acting the way he is. It adds spam to the thread, and it acts as its own form of leading because experienced scum will watch to see what the Town expects there to be in the game, and then use that to their advantage.

I said what I did to try and avoid the discussion that is occuring now; who is in the game and not. I tried to get a point across to everyone else.

EVERYONE GET THIS: Ithi has said there is over a hundred (I think it's 165) possible characters. We have no idea how they've chosen wich chars are in the game. It might be completly random; we mgiht have a game with only main chars, only minor side chars, or a mix. We could all be houseelves. We don't know!. So trusting claims, and claims alone, is a BAD IDEA. We are 17 players. That makes for about 150 possible fakeclaims! Nobody is gonna claim Voldemort or Bellatrix; you're not gonna find mafia trough claims (unless someone counterclaims). So claims should be (mostly) ignored and not be based as a reason, let alone the only reason, for a vote or unvote. Someone claims; acknowlege it, make a note, and then look at that player's play as a whole, don't just base their townie-ness on a claim.

Yes Rhea, I'm looking at you. Huge FoS on you there.

Your defense of Turin is noted.

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

This.

I said what I did to try and avoid the discussion that is occuring now; who is in the game and not. I tried to get a point across to everyone else.

EVERYONE GET THIS: Ithi has said there is over a hundred (I think it's 165) possible characters. We have no idea how they've chosen wich chars are in the game. It might be completly random; we mgiht have a game with only main chars, only minor side chars, or a mix. We could all be houseelves. We don't know!. So trusting claims, and claims alone, is a BAD IDEA. We are 17 players. That makes for about 150 possible fakeclaims! Nobody is gonna claim Voldemort or Bellatrix; you're not gonna find mafia trough claims (unless someone counterclaims). So claims should be (mostly) ignored and not be based as a reason, let alone the only reason, for a vote or unvote. Someone claims; acknowlege it, make a note, and then look at that player's play as a whole, don't just base their townie-ness on a claim.

Yes Rhea, I'm looking at you. Huge FoS on you there.

Yup. 

We are all house elves. I love this idea. 

Sorry I haven't been super active yet. My wife just left for China for 4 weeks yesterday so I was busy helping her with that and now the airport lost all her luggage. So I'm dealing with that right now. Grr.

Bold&Blue are mine.

Here is everything from Mish after I voted (sort of ) Nicana to draw her into the game...

^- I was bascially gonna ask this. FoS Turin.

Simple FoS, following along after Thorum. meh

I wasn't following; I was literally typing that exact same post, saw that a new post had been made and he'd asked what I was gonna ask.

I didn't connect the dots with the bonus studs.

This was her response to my question if she didn't want the town to have access to the bonus studs. Not really an answer to the question asked. more of an answer as to why I would vote for effect IMO.

I was trying to say that I didn't understand your original reason for throwing on a second vote on Nica, and when you connected the dots for me with the studs, it was fine. The rest of the questions felt irreleveant for me to answer, since you asked them thinking I understood your original reason, wich I didn't. Since I didn't understand you voted Nica to get her to check in so we could get the bonus studs, answering if I don't want town to get the bonus studs is redundant. But if you really want an answer: Of course I wanted town to get those studs. I've used a share of them too.

Fair enough I suppose Mish.

How about Nica's vote for me?

Still deliberating that one.

FoS for me when I put a second vote on Nicana, uncertain if Nicana deserves one when she put one on me.

Because I didn't understand your reason for the vote at the time, thus the FoS. Nica I was (and sitll am) trying to decide if she's simply being a newbie or being coached by a mafia team to be as newbie as possible, if that makes sense.

You wanna give a reason with that, Kass?

questions reason for Kass' vote on me, Not the vote itself however.

I question any vote that doesn't have a reason given; especially one that is blatant bandwagoning.

Turin is very eager to point out that he's town.

Following along with the Turin is too-Townie or is mafia hiding as town angle but still no vote. I think she wants to nudge my train and cast doubt all around but does not want to vote for me because she knows I am really town. Only mafia could know that at this time IMO.

I'm not voting because I'm still not sure of what I think you are. Yes I'm fencesitting. It takes me a while to get some proper reads in a game, and I'm always bothered for not participating enough D1 so I'm trying, but it's very hard when I don't have any reads. With you I'm switching between town and mafia continusly right now, and that makes me hesitant to place a vote, but I will comment on things I see.

You are fencesitting though you want to get the stud bonus. Do you not realize that to get the maximum stud bonus everyone must have a vote on someone when the hammer falls? You FoS me for not wanting to vote for someone who is claiming to be a town character yet you don't vote at all? Fancesitting at this point is anti-town. 

unvote...Vote Mish

Archived