DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

DPR, 5 pretty weak  votes. One that was a self labeled "shot in the dark" and one that was later described as the result of a 20 sided dice roll. add in that I was the one that did the work (and caught the flak) to get them and I didn't have a problem with it.  

I really do not like you linking me with Rhea either. I don't know her alignment any more than I know yours. The fact that you want to set up a lynch on the claimed cop based on nothing is awful. just awful.

BTW, I don't think Mish could have purchased her boost in the same time frame that I bought my full upgrade. I will be okay with that lynch too. 

If you have questions then here is the math.

July 29th 2100 GMT based on Ithi's post  1430 studs

July 29th 2103 GMT based on my PM saying my 600 stud upgrade was accepted 1430-600= 830 studs

July 29th 2214 GMT based on Mish's statement  after her 300 stud boost  830-300 = 530

July 29th 2352 GMT based on Key's post   737.

So in the less than 3 hours between when Ithi posted the points and when Key posted her update, we would have had to earn AT LEAST 207 points. And that is if all the points were available to Town players which the MODs have confirmed is NOT the case.

So either DPR or Mish today and we can move forward.

This is laughable.

Now it's "5 pretty weak" votes? If they are weak, why did you reveal? 

And as far as linking you with Rhea, she openly defended you. Then you openly defended her. Where I come from, we call that a link.

Slap a few OMGUS mentions for me and Mish, and we have scum stew.

Trust me, I'm as surprised as anyone that you've played this way, but it's all in the posts and can't be ignored.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I revealed because I didn't want to wait for more sheeping and lazy play to make it inevitable that the town would lynch their cop on D1.

Do you have anything to say about the numbers? Mish definitely claimed to have purchased her boost during the same time period that I purchased my upgrade. The posts from the MODs are up in your post above. Check it out by all means.

Call it chainsaw if you want but I was very much more attacking lazy play from Cloud than defending Rhea on my part. I won't deny she did defend me but that could just as easily be attributed to mafia defending someone they know is town.

Call it what you want. I'm most likely dead in the morning anyway.

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 5 (Hallia, Basel, DPR, Mish, Cloud)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 3 (Amarande, Nicana, Kassidy)

Mish - 1 (Rhea)

Cloud - 1 (Thorum)

DPR -1 (Turin)

Not Voting - 3 (RTE, BG, Dice)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1400 Studs

I revealed because I didn't want to wait for more sheeping and lazy play to make it inevitable that the town would lynch their cop on D1.

Do you have anything to say about the numbers? Mish definitely claimed to have purchased her boost during the same time period that I purchased my upgrade. The posts from the MODs are up in your post above. Check it out by all means.

I read 'em.

And you are again asking us all to believe you - this time to believe that you understand how the stud count works.

Do you really know exactly how all of it, bonuses included, works? 

Wouldn't it be more pro-Town to step back and say "It's D1. Probability tells us that we don't have the stud count worked out yet."

Instead, you flail and try to drag down everyone who looks sideways at you.

One reason I'm not just re-voting you is that I suspect that you are a Jester-type role.

I'm with several other people, with such large character pool who can say who'll be in the game or not, so character claiming's not really going to be a big thing in this game it looks like (unlike several other games)

That's a good second reason not to vote Turin; either he bought those studs, and is a cop, or as you say, could be a jester.

Call it chainsaw if you want but I was very much more attacking lazy play from Cloud than defending Rhea on my part. I won't deny she did defend me but that could just as easily be attributed to mafia defending someone they know is town.

Call it what you want. I'm most likely dead in the morning anyway.

Again with the why-me, fry-me. If you believed that, why siphon off 600 studs that statistically would have gone to a Town player?

What are you going on about? That is not whyme? Fryme. You just throwing out buzzwords now.

Pushing awfully hard on the claimed cop aren't you?

Still nothing to say about the Mish boost claim? Or is that what you are trying to distract from?

What are you going on about? That is not whyme? Fryme. You just throwing out buzzwords now.

Pushing awfully hard on the claimed cop aren't you?

Still nothing to say about the Mish boost claim? Or is that what you are trying to distract from?

All you've done is defend yourself and predict your own doom - which is exactly what the phrase implies.

What are you going to do next, put on a pair of glasses?

No, nothing about Mish or any more about your implication that you know how the stud count works. I've said what I had to say.

I read 'em.

And you are again asking us all to believe you - this time to believe that you understand how the stud count works.

Wouldn't it be more pro-Town to step back and say "It's D1. Probability tells us that we don't have the stud count worked out yet."

One reason I'm not just re-voting you is that I suspect that you are a Jester-type role.

I missed this and Hallia's posts before.:

You read em and elected to dismiss it? I'm not asking you to trust me blindly. I looked up some evidence and it didn't follow logically to me based on what I know from the MODs posts and what I have inferred from the other statements that were made by the MODs regarding the divisions of studs. I put the information out for anyone else to look at and gave my impression of it. What do people think? I am trying to draw some discussion out of the mostly absent town.

Jester? really? way to throw out the most speculative thing that you can. I'm fine with whatever conclusions people draw.

I might add, if people would have listed their mafia reads previously there would have been more clarity that people were suspicious of Rhea before they jumped off me and onto her. Then we could have asked why the change of heart.  

BTW, someone just bought a REVELIO charm. nice...

I have done more than Defend and I think that everyone knows it. My thoughts are out there which is more than most of the game can say. Some of that is my fault because when this sort of thing happens the rest of the players tend to hang back more. Which is another reason I  tried to character claim first. Aside from preferring not to be outed as the cop on D1.

Calm game for day one. Thanks.

TWhat really concerned me was http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2990806   where he seems certain that one of the major characters would not be in this game. 

Do you have another solution to this problem?There simply are too many major characters for all of them to be in this game.

I don't like this post from Thorum though. It's true that most of the time we can't have any idea who is mafia, but not trying to scumhunt because of it is lazy and isn't helping town at all. When Turin asked for three scum reads he of course didn't mean that you should be certain of those reads, but it is useful to know where everyone currently stands in the game.

Glad to see you're active :) unvote

His question came when everyone had barely said hello. In my experience, that's not a good time to scumhunt.

***Important Modly Update****

I have noticed that I failed to update the explanation of one of the Potions you are able to buy from Diagon Alley. The basic concept is there - but as you cannot see inside my head, you probably don't know the whole story lol. I thought I had edited the Diagon Alley Post and dealt with this before - but I have not. Sorry.

The other Charms/Curses/Potions are quite clear ... but because I didn't update the explanation for the Invisibilty Potion when I was finalising the Game details - its results seem a bit ambibuous to me - and I don't like that.

So I shall clarify - and then update Diagon Alley and also edit all of your PMs with the following information.

The Invisibility Potion will make you (or your Target) Invisible. This means that you cannot be 'seen' ... but you can be 'heard'.

*Counters Revelio Charm (is this is a remote viewing and so is ALL visual)

*Cannot be 'seen' by those who may target you with various other spells/potions/actions but there is a chance you may be 'heard'. The Invisibility Potion is not 100% successful in these instances, but if it is successful their action will fail.

Anyways ... sorry about that. Hopefully that makes it all a lot clearer.

I read 'em.

I missed this and Hallia's posts before.:

You read em and elected to dismiss it? I'm not asking you to trust me blindly. I looked up some evidence and it didn't follow logically to me based on what I know from the MODs posts and what I have inferred from the other statements that were made by the MODs regarding the divisions of studs. I put the information out for anyone else to look at and gave my impression of it. What do people think? I am trying to draw some discussion out of the mostly absent town.

Jester? really? way to throw out the most speculative thing that you can. I'm fine with whatever conclusions people draw.

I might add, if people would have listed their mafia reads previously there would have been more clarity that people were suspicious of Rhea before they jumped off me and onto her. Then we could have asked why the change of heart.  

Yes, yes you are. Sirius Black. Cop. Knower of the secrets of the stud count.

Riiiggghht, because all of the points I've made are imaginary.

Well, seems like I was quite alone again this morning :(

I won't get back online today. Tomorrow we may have internet problems at work, so I don't promise anything. The important thing is: we need a lynch before deadline.

See yall

Dice, look at Ithi's sig. Follow it closely. It says: "With 167 characters to choose from, the possibilites are endless". Also, in the rules it says:

YOU MAY CHARACTER AND ROLE CLAIM ALL YOU LIKE. THERE ARE OVER 150 CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM IN THE GAME AND IT'S A SEMI OPEN SET UP WITH REGARDS TO ABILITIES - SO GOOD LUCK WITH HOW USEFUL IT IS :)

Turin: I'm coming back to this later; have to ask the mod something.

Ladies and Gentlemen, might I propose that we just stop any and all speculation about characters? It's a distraction - nothing more. As the mods have generously pointed out, there are so many characters that it would be pointless to speculate on which might be in the game.

And, given that roles are purchased, it means absolutely nothing anyway. That's a large part of the reason that Turin claiming Sirius (a beloved character) and claiming Cop (of which there could be multiple, purchased roles and all...) are far too convenient for my liking.

All we need to do is to keep our attention focused on the behavior of each player and determine how to wisely use the items offered to us.

Character talk is just spam.  

DPR, 5 pretty weak  votes. One that was a self labeled "shot in the dark" and one that was later described as the result of a 20 sided dice roll. add in that I was the one that did the work (and caught the flak) to get them and I didn't have a problem with it.  

I really do not like you linking me with Rhea either. I don't know her alignment any more than I know yours. The fact that you want to set up a lynch on the claimed cop based on nothing is awful. just awful.

BTW, I don't think Mish could have purchased her boost in the same time frame that I bought my full upgrade. I will be okay with that lynch too. 

July 29th 2103 GMT based on my PM saying my 600 stud upgrade was accepted 1430-600= 830 studs

July 29th 2214 GMT based on Mish's statement  after her 300 stud boost  830-300 = 530

So in the less than 3 hours between when Ithi posted the points and when Key posted her update, we would have had to earn AT LEAST 207 points. And that is if all the points were available to Town players which the MODs have confirmed is NOT the case.

Ok, so I wasked Ithi&Key if I was allowed to screenshot my PM where I asked for my boost to show the timestamp, but I wasn't allowed to do that.

What I know is, we don't know how the studs-mechanics work. We don't know what makes the numbers go up. You are trying paint me as mafia, over a game mechanic we know basically nothing about. That is an extremely thin reason in my eyes. I can't tell you what happened or how the mechanic works; all I know is that I bought my boost and I got it. My boost was 2x Restorative Draughts.

Ok, so I wasked Ithi&Key if I was allowed to screenshot my PM where I asked for my boost to show the timestamp, but I wasn't allowed to do that.

What I know is, we don't know how the studs-mechanics work. We don't know what makes the numbers go up. You are trying paint me as mafia, over a game mechanic we know basically nothing about. That is an extremely thin reason in my eyes. I can't tell you what happened or how the mechanic works; all I know is that I bought my boost and I got it. My boost was 2x Restorative Draughts.

Catching up here.... So let me get this straight. Turin claims to have spent 600 of the 1430 and you claim to have spent 300 of the 1430. Add in whatever chunk of change our posts were worth during those 3 hours and we have an excess of 207 reported studs.

I'll agree that it doesn't match up.

Can someone review to me the case on Rhea? I'm reading back, but its helpful to be able to have perspective when reading back.

My case on Rhea:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/?p=2991251

BG, I know it doesn't add up with the information we have. Does that mean you disbeleive what my boost is? Did you even stop to consider that I'm not the one lying about my purchase?

Archived