DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

My case on Rhea:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/?p=2991251

BG, I know it doesn't add up with the information we have. Does that mean you disbeleive what my boost is? Did you even stop to consider that I'm not the one lying about my purchase?

Yes. My initial thought is it might be Turin who lied. And thanks for the reference.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 5 (Hallia, Basel, DPR, Mish, Cloud)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 3 (Amarande, Nicana, Kassidy)

Mish - 1 (Rhea)

DPR -1 (Turin)

Not Voting - 4 (RTE, BG, Dice, Thorum)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1300 Studs

No change ... but updates are always fun :)

Calm game for day one. Thanks.

TWhat really concerned me was http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83722-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-day-1-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-mafia-game-thread/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2990806   where he seems certain that one of the major characters would not be in this game. 

Do you have another solution to this problem?There simply are too many major characters for all of them to be in this game.

I don't like this post from Thorum though. It's true that most of the time we can't have any idea who is mafia, but not trying to scumhunt because of it is lazy and isn't helping town at all. When Turin asked for three scum reads he of course didn't mean that you should be certain of those reads, but it is useful to know where everyone currently stands in the game.

Glad to see you're active :) unvote

His question came when everyone had barely said hello. In my experience, that's not a good time to scumhunt.

Attempt to answer the questions as they are asked. It is probable that took nearly as long to go get the page and link it and all that as it would have to just answer the question. Sorry If I'm a grump today. I just found out that I have to go out of town on work this weekend.  

I would disagree with your last statement also. Any time is a good time to look for mafia. At the beginning of the game mafia will frequently do or say something that they regret later on. How much of our Day 1 should we give away?

That little bit of bold is mine. As I said before it is helpful to keep track so that if there are big changes they can be asked about. Otherwise it gives mafia more hiding room.

DPR, 5 pretty weak  votes. One that was a self labeled "shot in the dark" and one that was later described as the result of a 20 sided dice roll. add in that I was the one that did the work (and caught the flak) to get them and I didn't have a problem with it.  

I really do not like you linking me with Rhea either. I don't know her alignment any more than I know yours. The fact that you want to set up a lynch on the claimed cop based on nothing is awful. just awful.

BTW, I don't think Mish could have purchased her boost in the same time frame that I bought my full upgrade. I will be okay with that lynch too. 

If you have questions then here is the math.

July 29th 2100 GMT based on Ithi's post  1430 studs

July 29th 2103 GMT based on my PM saying my 600 stud upgrade was accepted 1430-600= 830 studs

July 29th 2214 GMT based on Mish's statement  after her 300 stud boost  830-300 = 530

July 29th 2352 GMT based on Key's post   737.

So in the less than 3 hours between when Ithi posted the points and when Key posted her update, we would have had to earn AT LEAST 207 points. And that is if all the points were available to Town players which the MODs have confirmed is NOT the case.

So either DPR or Mish today and we can move forward.

Ok, so I wasked Ithi&Key if I was allowed to screenshot my PM where I asked for my boost to show the timestamp, but I wasn't allowed to do that.

What I know is, we don't know how the studs-mechanics work. We don't know what makes the numbers go up. You are trying paint me as mafia, over a game mechanic we know basically nothing about. That is an extremely thin reason in my eyes. I can't tell you what happened or how the mechanic works; all I know is that I bought my boost and I got it. My boost was 2x Restorative Draughts.

With the studs, no one knows and apparently no one wants any thoughts on it. Maybe I got carried away because it looked like it just couldn't be and I had caught you out. I will not blab on anymore as it is counter productive. I still have had my doubts on you but that is the game. Restorative draughts. That is an odd name that I don't really recognize from the books(been a while) or the movies. And No I am not asking what they do. I guess the wiki will be my friend.

I would like to hear back from Cloud on the questions I asked him. And I saw something that I remembered was odd when I first saw it and then it was mentioned in cloud's catch up posts. Let me get it and I will be back. 

So Turin, now you are claiming cop? That doesn't change my view on you, but I will let you breathe a little easier for now. As far as 5 weak votes on you. I did vote for you because of the second vote you put on me and I would have unvoted for you if I had saw any reason to. Instead I saw more reason to keep my vote on you. Actually if you look back I have pointed out every single one of those reasons. So no you didn't have 5 weak votes  you are just trying to make people think you did. It's not working. I will unvote you for now but don't get comfortable. 

Unvote

@ Turin; It's day 1 and you are asking us to give three possible scum reads? It's day ONE! I rarely have scum reads on day 1, if I do I might at the most have one or two tops. :dry: But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you, I have a hard time believing any claims since I've been burned so many times before with that move, but I'll not vote a town claim on day 1. I'm not so sure I think you are scum anyway. I do know that Serius Black is a possible character for this game as he is shows up in Lego HP more than once and he is a good guy after all. Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like! 

That being said, no one has unvoted for you after your claim and I find that scummy. 

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch. 

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you. 

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

Rhea, not only did you defend Turin and contradict yourself here but you also voted for Mish for fencesitting when you in fact were doing the same thing. That is very suspicious to me. Also it's kind of funny that you haven't said anything before the above post except for a joke vote on Basel. It all seems pretty scummy to me.

Vote Rhea

Okay This is Cloud's post. The parts that draw my interest are in his discussion with Basel regarding his vote on me and also his accusation of BG. I trimmed most of the rest of it. For me there are two things that are jarring to me. First is Basel and his position that he lumped me and BG together and then used his "gut" to decide that I was the mafia. The bells I hear on that are very loud. In my experience mafia will frequently lump a mafia player and a town player together and then pick an ethereal reason to vote/pressure the townie. The bold statement from Basel was the second thing that troubled me. There is an awful lot of time until deadline at that point(so everyone tells me) and competing trains on D1 are a good thing to help gather information. It looks like he just hopped on board the biggest train. Which is why I said he was following previously. Now in reading this right now I look at the underlined section of Cloud's response where all he does is defend BG by saying why is Basel even considering BG? The statements were both regarding Thorum saying he didn't want the town to get those bonus studs. A statement retracted claiming miscomprehension later. 

So you just admitted you don't want town to have bonus studs.

Just wanted to make sure. So why do you not want the town to get those points?

Why are you two calling this suspicious when mafia can spend the points too? Are you trying to appear townie? Vote Turin.

At this point it was pretty clear that the mafia always have a certain number of studs available to them, so it would still be balanced for both teams after we got those extra studs. You could have just skimmed over that post, but I still don't like how you are FoSing them because of false information on your part.

Basel, in your post that you voted me you included BG and it looked like you were trying to say he was trying for town cred. What Is your opinion if BG?

There is a chance that BG might be mafia. I'm suspicious of the both of you, although I have a gut feeling I can't explain that you aren't both mafia. If I figure out why I think this, I will post it. You seemed more strenuous in making the point, though, and your train was looking more productive, so I felt a vote on BG would be wasted.

As to who else could be mafia, I'm not sure yet, and I want more data before I commit to anything.

I would like to know how you think that BG might be mafia after his one post about the bonus studs. I can see the argument you make for your Turin vote, but the BG thing seems really far fetched to me after the mods already explained that the studs will be divided fairly between the two teams. 

@ Turin; It's day 1 and you are asking us to give three possible scum reads? It's day ONE! I rarely have scum reads on day 1, if I do I might at the most have one or two tops. :dry: But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you, I have a hard time believing any claims since I've been burned so many times before with that move, but I'll not vote a town claim on day 1. I'm not so sure I think you are scum anyway. I do know that Serius Black is a possible character for this game as he is shows up in Lego HP more than once and he is a good guy after all. Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like! 

That being said, no one has unvoted for you after your claim and I find that scummy. 

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch. 

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you.

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

This. Turin repeating over and over that he is town coupled with his early reveal while there have been only like one or two serious votes on him is scummy. He also said that he revealed to remove distractions so we could just focus on scumhunting :rolleyes: I think he knows very well that his reveal would only cause more distractions so that seems like bs to me.

Rhea mentions that she has a hard time believing any claims and that she isn't sure that Turin is scum, and then she FoSes the people who are still voting for Turin. She even goes as far as FoS DPR for pushing a claimed town lynch, which is in stark contrast to her previous statement where she appears to be uncertain about Turin's claim. Like I already said, even if Sirius is in the game, we wouldn't know his allignment for certain. It could as well all be random.

You are fencesitting though you want to get the stud bonus. Do you not realize that to get the maximum stud bonus everyone must have a vote on someone when the hammer falls? You FoS me for not wanting to vote for someone who is claiming to be a town character yet you don't vote at all? Fancesitting at this point is anti-town. 

unvote...Vote Mish

Weak vote is weak. I can't believe that you are voting for Mish because she isn't voting for someone and therefore we aren't getting the maximum stud bonus. You could have for example used the same argument on me, because I didn't make any kind of vote. Those studs won't help us win the game, good old fashion scumhunting will. Also, Mish tends to fencesit a lot during the first Day or so till she really gets the feel for the game.

Rhea is definitely laying on a little thick here. There I inconsistency in the first two lines as well. You have NO scum reads on Day 1 then maybe 1 or 2. I must be abnormal because I have a long list of possible scum. Too many. Here is mine in no particular order with blurb reasons

DPR: pushing the claimed cop awfully hard. claims to never scumhunt on D1(could be I'm not sure I've ever played with him. Maybe once)

Basel: big pings above.

Mish: spending thing plus earlier suspicions. (FoS over second vote, etc...)

Cloud: BG defense. If it is odd to make the leap that BG would be mafia with so little info how can you think him town with so little info?

Rhea: The thing over mafia reads just strikes me odd.

Thorum: reaction to my Nicana vote and his statement regarding studs. Oh and the NO idea about mafia right now.

BG: is following mafia BG profile of just jumping in and making small pot stirring comments. Combined with possible distance from Basel and defense by Cloud.

Cindy: Has been posting a fair amount but not saying so much. Just a general unease because she is so friendly

Quick note on those still voting me. These are my impressions of course.

Nicana: just doesn't believe a word I say which is her right. She is incorrect but it may have something to do with how I voted her early despite her possibly Dap inspired cool(and mini Wots) [i know you not at all so I hope you don't find that offensive]

Kassidy and Amarande: just new here and leaving their vote on until they find some place better to put it. That is okay since it means more votes at lynch===>more studs.

I don't see my DPR vote going anywhere ATM so I am going to

unvote. vote Basel

Just like to point out that because we can purchase roles, claiming a role does not mean what it normally does. That's not to say that we don't want to carefully consider Power Role claims, but keep in mind that the mafia will know that counter claims won't hurt them, so hiding behind a Power Role claim is very likely.

I purchased a potion for 200 studs. The stud count is now 632. 

Nicana: just doesn't believe a word I say which is her right. She is incorrect but it may have something to do with how I voted her early despite her possibly Dap inspired cool(and mini Wots) [i know you not at all so I hope you don't find that offensive]

No offense taken, but you are incorrect as well. My vote was put on you for that reason but it isn't why it remained there.

At least partially true DPR. We can purchase abilities on an a la carte basis or if I am reading Mish correctly as a sort of option package with regard to a boost. Or a full upgrade which will get something permanent. However in the latter two cases you only get to buy what is behind curtain #2.

Strength Potion: Of course that is if you aren't laying a false trail...

Nicana, Fair enough.

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 6 (Hallia, Basel, DPR, Mish, Cloud, Nicana)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 2 (Amarande, Kassidy)

Mish - 1 (Rhea)

Basel - 1 (Turin)

Not Voting - 4 (RTE, BG, Dice, Thorum)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1300 Studs

Apparently I'm confused. I didn't read any stud bonus for everyone checking in until I did a re-read just now. That wasn't in the OP and that was what I was going by.

Unvote

A few of you say I was defending Turin and I was not intending to. I said I didn't believe he was scum at that point. That is an opinion. I didn't find him overly pushing his towniness I felt that he was defending himself which is what most people do when the votes start piling up. If I contradicted myself I didn't mean to. I never said  I had a scum read, I said if I ever did on day one it wasn't usually more than one or two people. 

I just got home from work and I'm tired, I can only say I'm town since character and role claims mean nothing.

Alright so I've been following this all and here are my thoughts.

I find a lot of this stuff is a lot of crap flying around to be honest. I don't think we have much that is very substantial and that we've been hung up on some more... minor or weak arguments. Then again Day 1 is tough period so this is all we got.

Turin: This is actually tough. Haven't seen him play quite like this in a little while, hasn't quite had his back against the wall and bristles up like this in a little while that I can recall. I think the stud business is not going to give us anything conclusive. There's been so much back and forth and with that cop claim I don't feel comfortable voting him until we test the claim or get some more information somehow. Uncontested Cop Claim has to be respected.

Rhea: I think what stands out to me more than the case against her is the way she's handled it, or lack thereof. I hate the hypocrisy and she needs to get back in here and fight for herself. I know that isn't much, but don't feel there is much else really going on to be fair. The Thorum thing isn't interesting to me (weak) nor am I convinced about Basel but I will keep an eye out on that one, as it didn't look very good. Otherwise not much else has really stood out to me. Mish hasn't looked scummy to me yet and I usually have trouble reading her.

It is (hopefully) in our best interest to vote to get as many studs as possible and Rhea needs to get back in here so Vote Rhea

Apparently I'm confused. I didn't read any stud bonus for everyone checking in until I did a re-read just now. That wasn't in the OP and that was what I was going by.

Unvote

A few of you say I was defending Turin and I was not intending to. I said I didn't believe he was scum at that point. That is an opinion. I didn't find him overly pushing his towniness I felt that he was defending himself which is what most people do when the votes start piling up. If I contradicted myself I didn't mean to. I never said  I had a scum read, I said if I ever did on day one it wasn't usually more than one or two people. 

I just got home from work and I'm tired, I can only say I'm town since character and role claims mean nothing.

Is this extortion? Did you really just do that?

You make a point to mention the bonus studs we'll get if everyone is voting, and then you unvote?

You give no reason for unvoting, then you leave it kind of vague as to when you'll return.

We've got just under a day until deadline. My vote stays.

EVERYONE SHOULD BE VOTING!

The reason I unvoted is there. I was confused at the stud bonus she and Turin were going back n forth about. I error'd and unvoted.

FIghting for myself? Wouldn't that be what Turin was doing yet no one backed off him till he claimed cop. I have no claim to give. If I fight too hard I will be slammed for pushing my towniness, if I claim a character I'll be told that anyone can claim anything and it won't matter. 

I believed Turin and so didn't jump on the bandwagon. I wasn't fence sitting as I had a vote on Basel and kept it there wanting to know why the him and the other's were still voting for Turin after he had made what I thought was a reasonable claim and said I thought Sirius was most likely in the game. I wasn't defending him. I was giving my opinion. That is different. People are overreaching trying to link us and twisting what I said.

I have not purchased a full upgrade. I have only managed to get one potion. 

I noticed that Turin claimed to be the Cop, but I'm dead tired right now and I can't figure things out anymore so I will just play it safe and vote for Rhea. I will figure the whole boost thing out tomorrow.

Vote Rhea

I have to say that I do not like this post. If you are not thinking clearly why place that vote? And how is the Rhea vote "playing it safe"?

Finally what do you mean you are playing it safe.?

Don't you worry, I could think clearly enough last night to recognize outright scummy behavior. I considered voting for Rhea instead of you (claiming to be the Cop) to be 'playing it safe'.

Cloud: BG defense. If it is odd to make the leap that BG would be mafia with so little info how can you think him town with so little info?

I of course can't know if BG is town and at the moment I have him as a null read. What I did find to be pinging is that Basel thought that BG was mafia only because of the question he asked to Thorum about him not wanting to earn studs for the town, and an apparent gut feeling that he didn't bother to further explain.

Unvote

Ok so what does the stud bonus for everyone checking in have to do with your unvote from Mish? I believe you voted her because she was fence sitting (which is part of her Day 1 meta), while you have been doing the same thing. It also sounded like an OMGUS vote because you didn't want to vote for Turin who was claiming to be a town character. Either way, you didn't explain why you changed your mind in regard to your previous reasonings with your unvote, and instead you used an old argument about the stud bonus to try and wiggle yourself free. I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. 

You were defending Turin because you explained why you thought he is a town character and then you refused to vote for him. You were also voting for Mish because she FoSed you for doing that. You are right that it is your opinion, but so are everyone elses reads this game, and you were using your opinion as a means to explain why you think Turin is town and why Mish is scum.

To comment on something different: Turin's reveal is still bothering me, and as I have also already pointed out there have only been two serious votes on him at the time so I don't think it warranted a serious reveal. His theory about why Mish is scum because of the amount of studs we have left also doesn't make sense because we don't know anything about that mechanic yet. She also claimed to have gained 2 x Restorative Braughts with her Character Boost, which in context to the theme makes more sense to me than just a Cop. I however want to give Turin the chance to find a scum and not just lynch him.

This is what I said...

You are fencesitting though you want to get the stud bonus. Do you not realize that to get the maximum stud bonus everyone must have a vote on someone when the hammer falls? You FoS me for not wanting to vote for someone who is claiming to be a town character yet you don't vote at all? Fancesitting at this point is anti-town. 

unvote...Vote Mish

I had two reasons for voting Mish, fence sitting and for the stud bonus that I was confused about. I thought the stud bonus was the one where everyone has a vote when the hammer falls. I had not seen the stud bonus for everyone checking in that Ithikins had posted later. I was going by the OP which did not list this bonus for everyone checking in. I was mistaken. 

History of my mafia games: I once tried fence sitting and got lynched for it. I have not done it since.

Archived