DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

Well, I'm not sure how she is going to feel about that lol.

Only 1 person left to check in now. If we get a full compliment of checking ins by 9pm BST I will give you a Bonus of 1000 Studs to share :)

By getting the last person to check in the game gets a lot of studs to spend. Town gets most of them so as a member of the town I want to accomplish this goal. It is a proven fact that one way to get people to post is to vote for them. The more votes, the more likely it is that the voted person will come and say something. This happened again just now. Look at the time stamps.

vote nicana

Come check in we want those bonus studs.

Also everyone should make sure to get a vote on so we can maximize our end of day bonus.

Here is my vote. The bold is my reason for the vote. I am quite clear that I merely wanted her to come check in and was voting to try to get her to check in. 

I apologize everyone I've been sick. Still sick actually.

I've never bolded on red before on my phone so I'm going to give it a shot. If it don't work ill invite anchors again when I get home from work.

For just assuming I was being lazy and giving me a second vote:

[br] Vote Turin [\br]

Here Nicana checks in with an OMGUS vote on me 16 minutes after my vote. Mission accomplished.

So we got everyone checked in and will get the bonus studs. You can thank me later. I also got a couple of extra reactions. Let me ask Thorum, and Mish another couple of questions. 

First, do you have a problem with Nicana placing a second vote on me?

Second, did you not want the town to get those bonus studs?

Only 1 person left to check in now. If we get a full compliment of checking ins by 9pm BST I will give you a Bonus of 1000 Studs to share :)

By getting the last person to check in the game gets a lot of studs to spend. Town gets most of them so as a member of the town I want to accomplish this goal. It is a proven fact that one way to get people to post is to vote for them. The more votes, the more likely it is that the voted person will come and say something. This happened again just now. Look at the time stamps.

Actually Turin since Ithi posted the deadline right before your vote, your reasoning is null and void. You didn't have to vote for me to get her message. Seems more like a reason to try to get a rise out of one of the newbies on the first day. That's okay I  can take it. ;) If you would have just said Vote Nicana there would have been no vote back. It's the weak reasoning that got you that vote.

Also since my earlier vote was unofficial:

Vote Turin

What are you going on about? Check the timestamps from when she posted the bonus opportunity to when I voted you. I clearly stated that voting is a way to get people to post. The proof is that you had nearly 6 hours to check in before I voted you and yet it took all of 16 minutes for you to pop up once you had 2 votes on you. I don't believe in coincidence. Your immediate OMGUS is the main reason that my vote is still there. My reason was valid as it worked. Pragmatism rocks.

So here we are 2 votes each. And everyone has checked in. excellent.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 1 (Hallia)

DPR - 1 (Turin)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 3 (Amarande, Nicana, DPR)

Nicana - 1 (Thorum)

Basel - 1 (Rhea)

Not Voting - 7 (Basel, Kassidy, Mish, Cloud, RTE, BG, Dice)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1000 Studs 

vote nicana

Come check in we want those bonus studs.

Also everyone should make sure to get a vote on so we can maximize our end of day bonus.

Here is my vote. The bold is my reason for the vote. I am quite clear that I merely wanted her to come check in and was voting to try to get her to check in. 

I've never bolded on red before on my phone so I'm going to give it a shot. If it don't work ill invite anchors again when I get home from work.

[br] Vote Turin [\br]

Here Nicana checks in with an OMGUS vote on me 16 minutes after my vote. Mission accomplished.

So we got everyone checked in and will get the bonus studs. You can thank me later. I also got a couple of extra reactions. Let me ask Thorum, and Mish another couple of questions. 

First, do you have a problem with Nicana placing a second vote on me?

Second, did you not want the town to get those bonus studs?

Actually Turin since Ithi posted the deadline right before your vote, your reasoning is null and void. You didn't have to vote for me to get her message. Seems more like a reason to try to get a rise out of one of the newbies on the first day. That's okay I  can take it. ;) If you would have just said Vote Nicana there would have been no vote back. It's the weak reasoning that got you that vote.

Vote Turin

What are you going on about? Check the timestamps from when she posted the bonus opportunity to when I voted you. I clearly stated that voting is a way to get people to post. The proof is that you had nearly 6 hours to check in before I voted you and yet it took all of 16 minutes for you to pop up once you had 2 votes on you. I don't believe in coincidence. Your immediate OMGUS is the main reason that my vote is still there. My reason was valid as it worked. Pragmatism rocks.

So here we are 2 votes each. And everyone has checked in. excellent.

Actually you didn't read my first post. I have been sick so I haven't been on DM anywhere. Second of all when Ithi posted it was 4 am my time and again if you read my first post you will also see me post that I was at work. Yes some people do work and some people can't be on their phones or computers all day we actually have to work.So when I checked the thread I was at break with no chance to post at all until then.  So yes in this instance it was coincidence. I know you know people live in different time zones. People are still sleeping within 6 hours so I stand by what I said earlier.

Turin is trying awfully hard to appear pro-town. 

Vote Turin

I noticed that as well. Something else I noticed, he responded to me but not this^.

Nicana, I read your post with you saying you were poorly. It is what it is. Same as for work. I work too. sometimes I can post during the day and sometimes I can't. I listen to those sorts of things but don't really pay them much heed tbh. The fact that you find my reason for voting you invalid is fine as it is your point of view. I think I have explained how voting is a valid means of getting people to post. That you came right back to vote immediately is what really has drawn my attention.

As far as DPR saying I'm trying to be too townie, what can I say? I am town. I'm being blatant in my desire to achieve the goal of finding the mafia the best I can. I'm  not interested in being scummy because the mafia know who is on their team anyway. I know some people like to try to hide a little in hopes of living longer, but I think playing mafia as town just confuses town. So take it as you will.

Ok...Vote Basel for being a herb and not a name!

*bakes Basel in sausage pie*

I'd be a city in Switzerland, in fact. :tongue:

So you just admitted you don't want town to have bonus studs.

Just wanted to make sure. So why do you not want the town to get those points?

Why are you two calling this suspicious when mafia can spend the points too? Are you trying to appear townie? Vote Turin.

Current Official Vote Count

RTE - 1 (Cindy)

Rhea - 1 (Hallia)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 5 (Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel)

Nicana - 2 (Thorum, Turin)

Basel - 1 (Rhea)

Not Voting - 5 (Mish, Cloud, RTE, BG, Dice)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1200 Studs

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

Why are you two calling this suspicious when mafia can spend the points too? Are you trying to appear townie? Vote Turin.

I take it you missed my response in the first part of this post:

See, That's what happens when I post at home. Luring me wth your `not`s. Goodnight.

Btw, where does it say studs are pro-town? I dont see that anywhere...

I take it to mean that you misread the question then. Ok, fair enough. As to your second point Ithi makes it sound like all earned studs go to both parties with some sort of division of studs. So I suppose that a bonus could help mafia as well as town. 

@MOD - If everybody votes, the number of available studs increases, as per the rules.

But, if nobody votes, does that limit the number of studs available at any given time? Is it possible to have a vote discussion, and then have everybody vote at once?

I have a feeling I know who is purchasing items, and it would be a neat trick to limit their access to them.

I don't know what you mean by 'limit studs' - but feel free to discuss anything you like.

In case you are worrying ... it is NOT possible for the mafia to spend all the studs. They have a Ringfenced part of the Total amount. I'm not going to tell you how much - but rest assured it is fair.

It has been made clear that mafia can spend part of the pointses and town can spend some of the pointses. It would make sense that town gets a larger percentage based on there being more town players earning them and also due to mafia starting the game with a knowledge advantage.

Lol. Of course I am appearing town as town. Nice rewording of earlier posts.

Here are the votes on me:

Well, I just got here and it seems like there's little to go on, so let's take a stab in the dark to get the ball rolling ...

VOTE Turin.

A stab in the dark. no reason.

[br] Vote Turin [\br]

A bad OMGUS. I never said she was being lazy, but it is a proven fact that people will post after they get votes if they have been lurking. That her vote came 16 minutes after mine I find significant. note that one of her reasons is that I gave her a second vote (well eventually) which she did in return for me.  

Vote Turin

this is the followup revote due to coding error. IMO opinion 6 hours is not right before. I just wanted you to come and post to ensure that we got the stud bonus. Your reaction has been what has kept it there.

Vote Turin

The Pirate uses the too-townie argument. Again, I will say that I do not see the point in playing scummy as town. All it does is confuse the town. Can you tell me why you would want to play scummy as town?

Vote Turin ! 

Vote decided by 20 sided die per Kassidy. so no reason given. With only 17 people what happened on a roll of 18-20?

No real original thoughts, following with the hiding as town argument. Not gonna work in this game IMO. with everyone able to buy abilities and potions and stuff being this highly in the spotlight is going to draw way too much attention to make it to end game as mafia.  

Vote Turin

The Pirate uses the too-townie argument. Again, I will say that I do not see the point in playing scummy as town. All it does is confuse the town. Can you tell me why you would want to play scummy as town?

There are certainly scenarios where a Townie would want to draw attention to themselves as possible scum - however, what catches my eye about your play has nothing to do with any of those and you dangling that kind of bait to start a discussion over is the opposite of what you say you are doing.

At the end of your quote that the above snippet is from, you bemoan your chances of making it until endgame by generating lots of attention to yourself. In that light, I find it odd that you have done exactly that by making your lengthy uber town argument so early in the game and capping it off by claiming you've done the Town a service.

This looks exactly like a mafioso that wants to put themselves into a position to lead.

I'm not saying that you are doing that - but your again lengthy response isn't making me feel any better about it.

You flinched. That looks bad. It's been noted. 

Archived