DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. THORUM STILL HAS TO VOTE!

2. @Mods - There is no penalty listed for not meeting a majority vote. I'd like to confirm that, if you are able.

3. The simple fact of the matter is that with the deadline less than 7 hours away and the current level of activity, we don't have time to swing the train to anyone else but Rhea. 

- The primary case against Rhea is that she defended Turin while his train was building. Not bad for a D1 case.

- In  my opinion, the cases against Turin and BG are also fairly substantial for D1. 

From the Rules: 

• You will receive a Bonus of 100 Studs for every player that has an active valid vote on any player at the time the Hammer falls.  If no majority is reached by the deadline, I will modkill a random player and no coroner info will be given and you will also NOT get your End Of Round Bonus.

You will receive a Bonus of 100 Studs for every player that has an active valid vote on any player at the time the Hammer falls. If no majority is reached by the deadline, I will modkill a random player and no coroner info will be given and you will also NOT get your End Of Round Bonus.

Ahem ...

BG, my reasons for voting Rhea had two parts:

1. For dropping all suspicion on Turin just because of his character claim. No other proper thoughts on his play otherwise.

2. Pointing me as scummy for fencesitting, when she had just done that very same thing herself. Double standards =/= very often mafia.

Current Official Vote Count

Rhea - 8 (Hallia, Basel, DPR, Mish, Cloud, Nicana, RTE, Cindy)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 2 (Amarande, Kassidy)

Basel - 1 (Turin)

DPR - 2 (Rhea, BG)

Not Voting - 2 (Dice, Thorum)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1500 Studs

7 Hours till Deadline

mostly because of time but also because I can see people points regarding her  vote Rhea

lol. Exactly ... silly pirate

I was going to say touche', but then I see that Dice has not bolded or redded his vote.

So, uh...yeah.

Thanks for the clarification!

Finally back online. Just in time :) . 

Some small points only:

- If you want answers, don't ask questions that have been answered two posts before;

- Kassidy: who are you? You remind me of the current companion of The Doctor: who are you ? What do you think ? Very few, very short posts but with somehow undefiniably strange contents...

- I did not have time to read the case against DPR, and his defense.

- I FORGOT TO VOTE !!! Thanks for reminding me, DPR. I have no idea why, but seeing the last votecount: vote rhea

First day. Has Rhea even been online since her train started?

@DPR - Many of your points you are making feel like you went into my WoT assuming I was going to defend Turin. That wasn't my intent, it was just real time thoughts spewed out randomly as I re-read so it wasn't really a thought out casing or analysis on anything in particular, but more what I probably would have said if I was paying attention. I find it odd that a majority of your beefs with what I said all come from "BG's too experienced not to understand what I'm saying." Maybe I over dramatized my thoughts, but it doesn't mean I don't literally understand you like I've never played before. 

1. The "too town" argument is one that I've never agreed with as the majority of the time it's been mafia who make that argument. IMO, it only applies when somebody is over active in defending someone that has no right to be defended.

2. I said "Turin explains why would town try to not look town. Of course he's looking town because he's town." The second sentence is in reference to the first. It's Turin's explanation summarized basically. I don't know Turin is town. But at this point, I'm willing to believe it. Though I can see how my thoughts came out it looks like I said I know Turin is town. Meh. I'm just saying that of course town would try and act town (given there are some instances where this may not be true, but those are exceptions rather than the norm). 

3. The difference between a FoS and vote. All I said was you literally just got finished explaining why Turin's "too town" play is suspicious. But then you immediately refute it with your next sentence saying you are just thinking of it as a possibility. But its kinda what your whole push on Turin is about.

4. We DID all start as vanilla, or goon, or whatever equivalent powerless 3rd party is. That's a fact, so I'm not pushing that idea, I'm reminding people of a fact. I was not talking about alignments which your response dived into.

5. Heck yeah, if someone else REALLY is Sirius Black, I definitely do want them to counter-claim. It proves Turin to be lying. I would benefit from it because we'd find someone blatantly lying about their character. If there is no counter claim, return to business as usual.

6. We were given instructions at the beginning of the game on how the stud count works. More posts = more studs. Opportunities for Bonus Studs are occasionally given. Later it was clarified by Ithi that mafia have some sort of walled fence part of the points that can be used and that it is a fair one. So I think we have a pretty good idea how the stud counts work, so Turin referencing it didn't seem weird to me. It looked like Turin finding potential proof of a lie to me. I will concede the point that it is possible mafia might be able to earn bonus studs in ways we don't know about. In any case, I'll agree that speculation on it is pointless. Again, I was giving my thoughts as I was re-reading and it was kind of an important part. 

7. I'm not supporting just willy nilly name claims. You've mischaracterised my point. I have said and will say again, a name claim of someone who's being run-up has the potential of finding a liar. If everyone just names a character it would be useless and pointless. 

8. I wasn't criticizing Mish for telling us about what the boost was. I'm just going back to my earlier point that I don't understand why people want to claim they bought stuff. As far as I'm concerned, it just leads you to being a target since you are essentially admitting to being one of the only power roles. Why admit to having a PR like that? We wouldn't do it if the roles were permanent Mod given roles, why should we do it when we give them to ourselves?

9. I'm not picking on Kassidy because its her first game, there are plenty of other first gamers in this game giving thoughts and reactions. I only really remember 2 posts of Kass's because they were uber-short and actually kind of confusing given the current situations. Just because its a first game doesn't mean 5 sentence posts are all that acceptable.

Current Official Vote Count

Rhea - 9 (Hallia, Basel, DPR, Mish, Cloud, Nicana, RTE, Cindy, Thorum)

Hallia - 1 (Time)

Dice - 1 (Brid)

Turin - 2 (Amarande, Kassidy)

Basel - 1 (Turin)

DPR - 2 (Rhea, BG)

Not Voting - 1 (Thorum)

With 17 Alive it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130801T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+1+deadline

End of Round Bonus = 1500 Studs - AWARDED!!!

That's a Lynch. Scene incoming.

Diagon Alley is CLOSED

The game was much more interesting now that they could play with ALL the characters. Ithi and Key chose their favourite characters and raced through Gringotts and Diagon Alley – cheerfully zapping at everything with their wands. They were earning LOADS of studs. They boarded the train and headed off to Hogwarts. The trip across the lake was pleasant ending with the cut scene that led them into the Great Hall.

GreatHall_zps4ef0eb46.jpg

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Harry had the Hat put on his head and was duly sorted into Gryffindor. Then another character came and sat on the stool. The Hat’s expression changed and the Slytherin Symbol appeared above it. The Character laughed and looked pleased … but many of the other characters in the scene did not look so happy. They moved towards the new student … and each took hold of a part of him. And then they pulled.

The Lego Character fell apart, his bricks laying motionless. That wasn’t what happened the first time she had watched the scene … and she did not think it was Rowling approved either. Messages flittered between her and Key – ending in a suggestion that they check the available Free Play Characters. When they brought up the menu – one was now missing …

Rhea – Draco Malfoy – Mafia Team – Vanilla - has been Lynched

It is now Night 1. You have a maximum of 48 Hours to submit any Actions.

@DPR - Many of your points you are making feel like you went into my WoT assuming I was going to defend Turin. That wasn't my intent, it was just real time thoughts spewed out randomly as I re-read so it wasn't really a thought out casing or analysis on anything in particular, but more what I probably would have said if I was paying attention. I find it odd that a majority of your beefs with what I said all come from "BG's too experienced not to understand what I'm saying." Maybe I over dramatized my thoughts, but it doesn't mean I don't literally understand you like I've never played before. 

1. The "too town" argument is one that I've never agreed with as the majority of the time it's been mafia who make that argument. IMO, it only applies when somebody is over active in defending someone that has no right to be defended.

2. I said "Turin explains why would town try to not look town. Of course he's looking town because he's town." The second sentence is in reference to the first. It's Turin's explanation summarized basically. I don't know Turin is town. But at this point, I'm willing to believe it. Though I can see how my thoughts came out it looks like I said I know Turin is town. Meh. I'm just saying that of course town would try and act town (given there are some instances where this may not be true, but those are exceptions rather than the norm). 

3. The difference between a FoS and vote. All I said was you literally just got finished explaining why Turin's "too town" play is suspicious. But then you immediately refute it with your next sentence saying you are just thinking of it as a possibility. But its kinda what your whole push on Turin is about.

4. We DID all start as vanilla, or goon, or whatever equivalent powerless 3rd party is. That's a fact, so I'm not pushing that idea, I'm reminding people of a fact. I was not talking about alignments which your response dived into.

5. Heck yeah, if someone else REALLY is Sirius Black, I definitely do want them to counter-claim. It proves Turin to be lying. I would benefit from it because we'd find someone blatantly lying about their character. If there is no counter claim, return to business as usual.

6. We were given instructions at the beginning of the game on how the stud count works. More posts = more studs. Opportunities for Bonus Studs are occasionally given. Later it was clarified by Ithi that mafia have some sort of walled fence part of the points that can be used and that it is a fair one. So I think we have a pretty good idea how the stud counts work, so Turin referencing it didn't seem weird to me. It looked like Turin finding potential proof of a lie to me. I will concede the point that it is possible mafia might be able to earn bonus studs in ways we don't know about. In any case, I'll agree that speculation on it is pointless. Again, I was giving my thoughts as I was re-reading and it was kind of an important part. 

7. I'm not supporting just willy nilly name claims. You've mischaracterised my point. I have said and will say again, a name claim of someone who's being run-up has the potential of finding a liar. If everyone just names a character it would be useless and pointless. 

8. I wasn't criticizing Mish for telling us about what the boost was. I'm just going back to my earlier point that I don't understand why people want to claim they bought stuff. As far as I'm concerned, it just leads you to being a target since you are essentially admitting to being one of the only power roles. Why admit to having a PR like that? We wouldn't do it if the roles were permanent Mod given roles, why should we do it when we give them to ourselves?

9. I'm not picking on Kassidy because its her first game, there are plenty of other first gamers in this game giving thoughts and reactions. I only really remember 2 posts of Kass's because they were uber-short and actually kind of confusing given the current situations. Just because its a first game doesn't mean 5 sentence posts are all that acceptable.

All I hear is blah blah blah...

You defended Turin and Rhea. Rhea was Mafia/Malfoy.

You and I have a date in the morning.

BG vs. DPR  Fight behind the basketball courts before school starts...

goes to sell tickets and make popcorn...

Seriously though. I was having a thought that it would be a good idea for the town to not buy as many potions and save to try to get full upgrades. look at it this way. If you buy a potion/charm then you spend between 150-250 studs for a 1x ability. If you buy a boost you spend 300 studs for what appears to be a 2x ability. If you buy an upgrade you get unlimited uses of the ability you buy. If the town has more full abilities I think it will aid us greatly in finding the mafia hidden amongst us.

But it does explain why she didn't claim her character.   

Also she claimed to have bought a potion but nothing showed in her coroner report.

Ithi :wub:  would it be reported what abilities people have purchased on their coroner reports

:bestestsmile:

(sees a PAFO in his immediate future)

Archived