DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official Vote Count

BG - 1 (Turin)

Dice - 1 (Wombat)

Not Voting - 13 (Hallia, Basel, Kassidy, Amarande, Mish, Bridmorgan, Time, Dice, Thorum, Nicana, Cloud, RTE, BG)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 200 Studs

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130806T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+2+deadline

care to share wombat?

and I agree I think killing DPR was to try and get us to immeadiately turn on turin. More turin i think then BG. he seemed to be DPR's main target to me

I'm voting you because I'm suspicious of you.

My re-read is complete, and I'm just warning you, I have some HUUUUUUUGE posts incoming. I don't think I've ever pulled that many quotes. I feel like Dap *waves* I just gotta trim down the excess and start adding comments and stuff.

Part 1!

Well, I just got here and it seems like there's little to go on, so let's take a stab in the dark to get the ball rolling ...

VOTE Turin.

Amarande's first point. A stab in the dark… And yet she votes the person who ends up being the main forces for most of the day. Coincidence?

Hi all.

Up to friday, I will be less active than usual. I may even miss one or two posts.

For now, my random vote: key

Thorum warns us he might miss a post or two (excuses in advance for skimming) and votes… A mod?

Ok...Vote Basel for being a herb and not a name!

*bakes Basel in sausage pie*

Rhea's first post is a vote on Basil. Hm.

and copy and paste it like so replacing the text with a votey thingyada Yada sausage pie *snerk*
fingers still crossed

That's an interesting nickname you've assigned to me Cindy.

excellent.
you she can bake. I will not haz a sad.
settle out of court on sausage pie boy, rhea?

Why for? He's a tasty pastry!

because.

This is after Thorum, Turin and I had started some back and forth regarding Turin's vote on Nica. Both Cindy/Wombat, Rhea and BG continues spamming instead of commenting on stuff going on.

Let me ask Thorum, and Mish another couple of questions.

First, do you have a problem with Nicana placing a second vote on me?  Yes
Second, did you not want the town to get those bonus studs?  Yes

Thorum, where did you go? Home

Yes, yes and home. I`ll be rarely online when not at work. As always.

Are what I put in red your answers to my questions?

Do you see any other possibility?

See, That's what happens when I post at home. Luring me wth your `not`s. Goodnight.

Btw, where does it say studs are pro-town? I dont see that anywhere...

This is after Ithi has already pointed out once that mafia has their share of the studs, and town has their share. But after all, Thorum has warned us he might miss a post; so we can't read anything into that, right?

Vote Turin !

You wanna give a reason with that, Kass?

The luck of the 20 sided die. If you must know. :tongue: There really isn't much going on.

Again comes a newbie with a vote on Turin… Claims a result of dice toss. On a person who had a train going. Claims not much is going on… Uhm.

Ok...Vote Basel for being a herb and not a name!

*bakes Basel in sausage pie*

I'd be a city in Switzerland, in fact. :tongue:

So you just admitted you don't want town to have bonus studs.

Just wanted to make sure. So why do you not want the town to get those points?

Why are you two calling this suspicious when mafia can spend the points too? Are you trying to appear townie? Vote Turin.

First of all: Basel joking with Rhea. Trying to tie them together so much they can use the "I would never tie myself that closely to a teammate"-argument? And then again pointing out that mafia can spend the points and making it look like more points is a bad thing. I don't know, maybe I'm just extraordinarily smart, but I saw it was natural from the beginning that the mafia had a set part of the points an couldn't spend them all.

Part 2.

Good morning everyone.

Turin, you're WAY too (to ?) experienced to reveal this early, unless you think you won't get online before deadline anymore. I'll keep the second idea in mind for now.
As in the opening post: there's plenty of characters to choose from. Any character claim (unless you're Harry or Ron or Hermione) could be just a lucky mafia-invention. And no, I'm not soft counter-claiming.

Please read my previous posts. All those concerns have been answered already. And please don't re-ask questions that have already been answered. That limits our ability to get the answers we need.

btw, isn't it like 4 am in California right now?

unvote
There's 17 players in this game. Cloud, I don't remember having heard from you?

Thorum discredits Turin's claim, both the character itself and the way it was done.

Gets annoyed when Turin keeps asking him questions. Hint: If people keep asking the same questions, it's probably because you didn't answer them adequately the first time.

Then suddenly turns around to take a poke at Cloud. Why Cloud especially? Why not one of the other quieter ones? Because poking an inactive is always an easy vote and a good way to steer discussion away from ourself.

Basel, in your post that you voted me you included BG and it looked like you were trying to say he was trying for town cred. What Is your opinion if BG?

There is a chance that BG might be mafia. I'm suspicious of the both of you, although I have a gut feeling I can't explain that you aren't both mafia. If I figure out why I think this, I will post it. You seemed more strenuous in making the point, though, and your train was looking more productive, so I felt a vote on BG would be wasted.

As to who else could be mafia, I'm not sure yet, and I want more data before I commit to anything.

This post makes me EXTREMELY uneasy about Basel. He says there's a chance BG is mafia (newsflash: there's a chance everyone is mafia…) without bothering to give any real reason. He's suspicious of both, but he has a "gut feeling" they can't both be mafia. Thus giving himself an out when one of them dies and flips town. And he wants more "data" before he commits to anything.  

I haven't been absent since this morning. I will become absent in about an hour.

I'm not gonna requote all my answers. You can find them under http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/user/698-thorum/ and click on "Posts".

so, 16 players, which makes (probably) 12 townies.
- Harry
- Ron
- hermione
- dumbledore
- mcgonnagal
- lupin
- snape
- neville
- ginny
- fred
- george
- hagrid

Is any of these less likely to be in the game than Sirius black? At least one of them won't be here. Probably more. The mafia could even know who's in the game and who isn't...

First post of Thorums: Turin I think had asked Thorum something, and then lamented that Thorum went absent before Turin posted his question, because he wanted an answer. And Thorum answers that he wasn't absent… But he was gonna be. Not bothering addressing what Turin asked him though.

Second posts: More character-speculation, after it has been pointed out several times that the character pool is huge and it can be completely random who is in the game.

@ Turin; It's day 1 and you are asking us to give three possible scum reads? It's day ONE! I rarely have scum reads on day 1, if I do I might at the most have one or two tops. :dry: But ok...you claim to be Serius and I can't say that I believe you or disbelieve you, I have a hard time believing any claims since I've been burned so many times before with that move, but I'll not vote a town claim on day 1. I'm not so sure I think you are scum anyway. I do know that Serius Black is a possible character for this game as he is shows up in Lego HP more than once and he is a good guy after all. Plus our Mod made rule #1, to character and role claim all we like!

That being said, no one has unvoted for you after your claim and I find that scummy.

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch.

But Basel or Basil, I think you are stinky right now. LOL...(sorry, I had to) I'm leaving my vote there until I hear more from you.

He has not only claimed town but he's tried to shove it down our throats.Anyone can claim town but I don't believe he is so my vote still stands. He's trying to hard to make us believe he is town even before anyone accused him other wise he was constantly posting he was town. Why are you questioning our vote on him when you yourself said you have trouble believing any claims? If you have trouble believing any claims then why are you so quick to believe his? You say our vote is scummy. I say not as scummy as that post. So do you have a hard time believing any claims or just the ones against Turin? Which is it?

This post + 1 or 2 Nica does later towards Rhea, gives me a genuine town feel on her.

An awfully insistent claim ... which, can be taken either way. My experience with Mafia games is that it's not going to go well for you though, Turin, especially with the number of votes you already have and the fact that time is running out.

For instance ... I once, as a Villager in an Are You a Darkfriend? game at D*Con, did very insistently point the finger at someone on the first vote, and proceeded to be summarily lynched on the "your claim is too insistent" argument. The real twist of the dagger is that it turned out that the guy who initiated the lynch was a Darkfriend, and he successfully managed to stick around until the end of the game and win ... *headdesk*

I really still don't seem to have much of anything convincing to go on. But ... it's also day one, and no one has died yet so we don't have any actual action patterns to go on (something I've no game experience with at all - I've played several Mafia games since I did play Darkfriend at Con every time I had a chance to without missing a concert I wanted to visit, but EVERY Mafia game I've ever played before this has started with the night phase, meaning there's actually an initial piece of concrete information in play for the first lynching in the form of the first victim).

Amarande shows up with another posts that, although rich in words, doesn't say anything. She claims  to have some prior experience and tells us about that. But no proper thoughts on what is going on in this game right here right now.  

Amarande, Nicana, DPR, Kassidy, Basel why are you still voting for Turin when he's claimed town? DPR especially seems to be pushing a claimed town lynch.

So are you saying you would avoid voting anyone who claims town? So that eliminates from your consideration, ummm... pretty much every single player in every mafia game you join, right? ANYONE can claim town. Actually being town is not a requirement for claiming town. Your logic fail pings hard. Meantime, Turin has claimed cop now. (After you wrote the above.) So what I'm going to do here is unvote, vote Rhea.

I've had a feeling Basel and Rhea are tied together since the beginning. This post just makes me believe that more. It reads to me like a standard busing vote, and not a genuine reaction.

Well, seems like I was quite alone again this morning :(

I won't get back online today. Tomorrow we may have internet problems at work, so I don't promise anything. The important thing is: we need a lynch before deadline.

See yall

Thorum is online, and doesn't take a stance or post a thought on anything. But he does make sure to remind us that we need a lynch. He's not gonna contribute to it, because he wants to keep his hands clean after all.   

Hello all. My vote stands.

And why does it stand? You had a vote on Turin, who had claimed a cop role and a good guy as character. Did you instantly believe it? How about thoughts on everything else going on? Did you bother reading the tips for newbies-post I linked to? Why aren't you even gonna bother trying to participate in a game you signed up for? Mafia trying to fly under the radar under the newbie-cover?

Part 3:

Also, just want to point out how creepy Lego Hedwig looks in Mish's siggy.

For the longest time I thought that was a spider till I figured out those "legs" were the bars of the owl's cage.

This is in response to BG's huge recap case. I think this is Basel's first post after his Rhea-vote. No other comments to BG's case at all, even though BG defended Rhea (whom Basel was currently voting) a bit. BG even called Basel's vote logic fail. I don't think Basel bothered commenting, because he was busing a teammate and new he could throw "hah but she was mafia, so it wasn't logic fail at all" in BG's face later.  

Finally back online. Just in time :) .

Some small points only:
- If you want answers, don't ask questions that have been answered two posts before;
- Kassidy: who are you? You remind me of the current companion of The Doctor: who are you ? What do you think ? Very few, very short posts but with somehow undefiniably strange contents...
- I did not have time to read the case against DPR, and his defense.
- I FORGOT TO VOTE !!! Thanks for reminding me, DPR. I have no idea why, but seeing the last votecount: vote rhea

First day. Has Rhea even been online since her train started?

Thorum comes in with the hammer… He doesn't even know what the case on Rhea was, he claimed… He can't even remember seeing her online! Has he read this game at all? I don't believe that ignorance at all. And the icing on the cake is the poking on Kassidy. So that he's noticed; her three posts, but the discussion on Rhea he's managed not to see? I call BS.

Or he bought polyjuice. Though that seems less and less likely.

It is unlikely I will have internet before sunday evening, not that i survive ni tv t (same as everyone Iguess.)

Why kill dpr?

And here we have Thorum again, on D2, still eager to discredit Turin. At the same time he's the first to ask why DPR was killed (coming back to this later). Again comments that he'll be gone (this is starting to become a very common theme).

<long post from BG>

All I hear is blah blah blah...

You defended Turin and Rhea. Rhea was Mafia/Malfoy.

You and I have a date in the morning.

BG vs. DPR  Fight behind the basketball courts before school starts...

goes to sell tickets and make popcorn...

Not so fast there, sparky.

You're the one that Rhea defended - and outed herself, as mafia, with no other provocation or reason that I can see other than to defend a teammate.

For my money, no Mafia in there right mind would have risked being noticed like that, especially on D1, unless it was important.

So you just sit tight - we'll be getting to you as well.

Here's the posts that basically solidify the reason I guess DPR was killed for. He was tightly tied to BG and Turin, and I feel the kill was to cast suspicion on those two hard. Now Turin has been cleared completely, so that leaves BG.  Now, I wonder, who has pointed out earlier that one out of either BG or Turin must be mafia? Oh right; Basel.

I like the video, Ithi.

Speaking of: This a post from Basel at nighttime. Again, his first post after commenting on my signature… Still no more thoughts on gameplay or even a "wooh, Rhea was mafia". So he's posting, but not participating.

Still no result  :mad:

Anyway, I have to leave y'all. Fingers crossed on some internet over the weekend (if I survive the night), though unlikely.

Thorum thinks he won't survive the night… Uh-huh. Why should you be a bigger target than anyone else? Oh, right, you just wanna subtly hint that you can't be mafia because you have a chance of being NKed.

And again, he's going… Without giving any thoughts on recent things happening. He was the hammer, and Rhea flipped mafia. Shouldn't that warrant some kind of reaction? Especially since he had no idea what the case on Rhea was? Shouldn't it warrant a "oh lookie, she was mafia, wow whoever picked up on that, good job". I guess it could be argued that it was still night… But he doesn't comment on it come day either.

Bah.  I used mine, but on dpr.  Fat lot of good that did.

A wild Hallia appears! This is her first post in… 15 pages or so? At least. Ok now I gotta go and hunt for what her last post was, brb. Ok, she had one post on page 12; that was her second post (the first one was a "joke vote" on Rhea). I'm just gonna quote the whole thing for lulz:

I'm with several other people, with such large character pool who can say who'll be in the game or not, so character claiming's not really going to be a big thing in this game it looks like (unlike several other games)

That's a good second reason not to vote Turin; either he bought those studs, and is a cop, or as you say, could be a jester.

Uhm, hmmm. She leaps on DPR's suggestion of a jester. That's the second good reason to not vote Turin. I fail to see what the first one was?

So the joke vote on Rhea (which she never removed, so she stands as the first voter on Rhea) + that posts are her only two posts D1. D2 she posts that she used a viewing on DPR and that she thinks DPR was a no-info kill. Mmmmhmmmm.  

I used a Revelio charm on Turin last Night. He is Sirius Black.

This posts makes Cloud town for me, as earlier mentioned. Since I got the same results, I believe Turin now.  I can't see the benefit for mafia to view Turin and confirm him, so the logic thus says Cloud is town.

Unless Turin really did use a polyjuice potion and blah blah, but I don't think so right now.

Weekend Mafia ... It's like Mafia but dead.

It is an ex-mafia

Someone nudge it and see if it moves.

Basel again. No game thoughts. Just fluff.

Try poking it with a stick?

I cannot be active if no one`s online when I am.

If someone has some time too much: what has dpr done yesterday? He was VERY active, which makes his choice strange.

Thorum again nudging people to discuss why DPR died.

That might've been exactly why.  He hadn't done anything in particular, and therefore couldn't be linked, positively or negatively to anyone.

This post is BS. DPR was tied to many players.

Now, conclusions:

1. Turin - town. Doubly viewed as the character he claimed, once by myself so I know I can trust it, lol.
2. Hallia - sketchy. Way too few posts. Lurking Hallia is usually mafia Hallia. Convenient joke vote on Rhea makes her first on that train = "town cred". Posts little to no thoughts.
4. Basel - Extremely sketchy. Mostly for linking BG (on very thing reaons) and Turin and giving himself an out when one flips town; and for ignoring most of the goings-on and posting fluff.
5. Kassidy *Mentored by Darthe* - NEEDs to step it up. Sketchy now for her "random" vote on Turin D1, when he was the leading train, and for keeping her vote after his reveal and follwing discussions. No other comments otherwise. I'll be willing to chalk it up to newbie for now; but I'll policy lynch her if nothing has changed within D4.
6. Amarande - Also a "random" vote on Turin D1. Claims to have a bit of experience, but doesn't comment on anything when she's on.
7. Cindy Mentored and replaced by Wombat - More or less null read so far.
8. Mish D'oh I'm town of course.
10. Bridmorgan *Mentored by Berf* - null read, no proper game posts, computer problems, so ok for now.
11. Time - null read, been grounded, so ok for now.
12. Dice - null read so far; hasn't done much to convince me to swing either way.
13. Thorum - M*A*F*I*A. If you've read my WoTs, you should know why. But I'll sum it up. No scumhunting, no trying to participate, only reacting to things other say, always gone or going, keeps character discussion going after pointed out why that's pointless, skimming, didn't know the case on Rhea, subtly nudging he must be town because he's afraid of NKing, eager to have a discussion about why DPR was killed.
14. Nicana *Mentored by Dap* - town read so far based on her interactions with Rhea.
15. Cloud - town read because of viewing Turin and sharing the result.
16. RTE - null read, not enough content to get a feel either way
17. BG - mostly null read, has a fair share of posts but he hasn't pinged me either way yet.

So my prefered order of suspects:

Thorum

Basel

Hallia

Kassidy

Amarande

Vote Thorum

AND PLEASE... If anyone is gonna reply to something in my huge WOT's... Do everyone a favour and cut out everything but the part you are replying to, ok? Otherwise it's just cluttering the thread and making things hard to read.

Official Vote Count

BG - 1 (Turin)

Dice - 1 (Wombat)

Thorum - 1 (Mish)

Not Voting - 12 (Hallia, Basel, Kassidy, Amarande, Bridmorgan, Time, Dice, Thorum, Nicana, Cloud, RTE, BG)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 300 Studs

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130806T21&p0=1320&msg=Day+2+deadline

They look similar to my reads. With a few exceptions. The biggest thing striking me right now is the null on BG. Other than that, the number if people that need to post a bit more. Hopefully now that groundings and blown up laptops are remedied we will hear more from people.

About BG. I found his earlier posts to be fluffy for someone like BG. Perhaps due to his issues with his wife going away and luggage problems and stuff. Once the thing got going with DPR he came in strong on my side in the back and forth he had with DPR. But BG didn't so.much attack DPR as he did defend me. It looked like he didn't want to take my place as DPR's main conflict while at the same time defending a beleaguered town pr in what he knew to be town on town argument. Then the DPR kill happens and someone asks why was DPR the kill? (Thorum) but doesn't push a theory. Just a townie to bring one up.

okay, so I agree with Mish in the fact that Amarande's  vote on Turin (which ended up starting a train) is suspicious, but we also haven't really seen her around, so I'm going to say that for now, I don't think she is mafia but she is on my list of those to watch closely...

the conversation/argument  about bonus studs kinda confuses me... i understand what Ithi  has said, but for some reason I don't understand what they were saying when they were arguing...

i have to be somewhere soon, so I'm going to make the next few posts using quotes... hopefully I'll be able to finish before I leave...

That was a long read, Mish. Most of the beginning of it is unecessary too imo (hint: feeling like you're channeling Dap isn't usually a good thing).

That being said, the points on Basel and Thorum have some merit.

Thorum is always a scummy enigma so I don't have a strong read on him yet. Leaning scum but nothing he has done so far is outside his town meta. He frequently misses and misinterpret things. That being said, he does it as mafia as well as town (which is what makes him so hard to read for me). I don't see his trying to focus attention elsewhere as inherently scummy. There are two ways to defend in mafia. Either you refute the case on you, or you make a better one on someone else. I believe the latter is both more effective and more pro-town. That being said, Thorum isn't exactly casing anyone atm. If he doesn't come with some better content posts soon I'll be inclined to agree with Mish on him.

As for Basel, he looks pretty bad to me. Linking reads can be useful, but it can also be scummy. As Mish points out, in this case it looks scummy. Basically, Basel is saying he has a "gut" feeling that exactly one of BG and Turin is scum. Often, the mafia will use this kind of tactic to drag down two townies. The first one gets lynched and flips town, confirming the "read" on the other player, allowing the mafioso to push a lynch on him/her. Then when the second one flips town, it's two mislynches later and the mafioso can just say "oh well I was wrong." Also, the fact that Basel can't explain his reasoning on the opposed link is troubling as it makes the read even easier to backtrack from. Finally, the DPR kill would be pretty good for pushing this agenda as he was pushing both Turin and BG.

Would like to hear more from Dice, Basel, and BG.

Archived