DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of avoiding notice: I see you avoid my case on you, Basel. Nothing to say, hm?

A lot of your points seem based more on gut than on logic. Although some of my points were as well. And BG defending Rhea, which you caught and I missed, is suspicious, by George.

Now please answer this: Do you honestly think I would spend hours of my time today, to go through the thread and write up those posts, if I was mafia? I didn't have to; I think I was pretty town i most people's eyes before; I didn't need the town cred. I placed myself solidly in the limelight by doing that; it'll be a lot of attention to me the rest of the day with people reacting to it.

I know I have done similar things in the past.

Now please answer this: Do you honestly think I would spend hours of my time today, to go through the thread and write up those posts, if I was mafia? I didn't have to; I think I was pretty town i most people's eyes before; I didn't need the town cred. I placed myself solidly in the limelight by doing that; it'll be a lot of attention to me the rest of the day with people reacting to it.

I know I have done similar things in the past.

Thorum, I agree with Mish. Not being able to be here is one thing but when you are  and you don't post anything substantial it is very suspicious. But what is even more suspicious to me is BG defending Rhea. I went back and reread and he seems to be the only one to me that stood out defending her.

Vote BG

Official Vote Count

BG - 2 (Turin, nicana)
Thorum - 4 (Mish, dice, Amarande, Basel)

Mish - 1 (Thorum)

Basel - 2 (Wombat, Bridmorgan)

Not Voting - 6 (Hallia, Kassidy, Time, Cloud, RTE, BG)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 900 Studs 

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeandda...=Day 2 deadline

Ok, took 15minutes before starting work. I got about two thirds of the way. WIll continue later

Part 1!

Hi all.

Up to friday, I will be less active than usual. I may even miss one or two posts.

For now, my random vote: key

Thorum warns us he might miss a post or two (excuses in advance for skimming) and votes… A mod?

I react to you giving yourself an out in advance for skimming and missing posts, and for paying so extremely little attention that you put your vote on a mod. I don't mention as a negative thing that you'll be less active.

Let me ask Thorum, and Mish another couple of questions.

First, do you have a problem with Nicana placing a second vote on me? Yes
Second, did you not want the town to get those bonus studs? Yes

Thorum, where did you go? Home

Yes, yes and home. I`ll be rarely online when not at work. As always.

Are what I put in red your answers to my questions?

Do you see any other possibility?

See, That's what happens when I post at home. Luring me wth your `not`s. Goodnight.

Btw, where does it say studs are pro-town? I dont see that anywhere...

This is after Ithi has already pointed out once that mafia has their share of the studs, and town has their share. But after all, Thorum has warned us he might miss a post; so we can't read anything into that, right?

Here, I point out that you're skimming and spreading chaos by not paying attention. Not saying anything about inactivity.

What's the difference between inactivity and having-to-read-diagonally-a-lot ?

Part 2.

Good morning everyone.

Turin, you're WAY too (to ?) experienced to reveal this early, unless you think you won't get online before deadline anymore. I'll keep the second idea in mind for now.
As in the opening post: there's plenty of characters to choose from. Any character claim (unless you're Harry or Ron or Hermione) could be just a lucky mafia-invention. And no, I'm not soft counter-claiming.

Please read my previous posts. All those concerns have been answered already. And please don't re-ask questions that have already been answered. That limits our ability to get the answers we need.

btw, isn't it like 4 am in California right now?

unvote
There's 17 players in this game. Cloud, I don't remember having heard from you?

Thorum discredits Turin's claim, both the character itself and the way it was done.

Gets annoyed when Turin keeps asking him questions. Hint: If people keep asking the same questions, it's probably because you didn't answer them adequately the first time.

Then suddenly turns around to take a poke at Cloud. Why Cloud especially? Why not one of the other quieter ones? Because poking an inactive is always an easy vote and a good way to steer discussion away from ourself.

Point nr 1: Discreding character claim, nothing about inactivity. So if someone claims, we should all instantly bow and believe him/her? I don't ever do that. Especially not iIn a game where the opening post basically says there are so many potential characters, that character claims are useless.

Point nr 2: Point out your less than helpful attitude, nothing about inactivity.

Point nr 3: Your random poke at Cloud. Again nothing about inactivity. Which worked: he got active afterwards.

I haven't been absent since this morning. I will become absent in about an hour.

I'm not gonna requote all my answers. You can find them under http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/user/698-thorum/ and click on "Posts".

so, 16 players, which makes (probably) 12 townies.
- Harry
- Ron
- hermione
- dumbledore
- mcgonnagal
- lupin
- snape
- neville
- ginny
- fred
- george
- hagrid

Is any of these less likely to be in the game than Sirius black? At least one of them won't be here. Probably more. The mafia could even know who's in the game and who isn't...

First post of Thorums: Turin I think had asked Thorum something, and then lamented that Thorum went absent before Turin posted his question, because he wanted an answer. And Thorum answers that he wasn't absent… But he was gonna be. Not bothering addressing what Turin asked him though.

Second posts: More character-speculation, after it has been pointed out several times that the character pool is huge and it can be completely random who is in the game.

1: Pointing out that you deliberatly avoided a question even though you were online at the moment. The fact that you were going away wasn't what I pointed out; it was that you were online and avoided answering things directed at you. I answered all questions the first time they were asked. The one question that got asked three times, I answered the third time with the relevant quotes, and suddenly that was enough...

2: Well I'm not gonna bother repeating it; look at the line, it says everything. Nothing about inactivity. At this point, while the big character-pool had been pointed out by some people, many still didn't believe it, including a few vocal persons. See fe someone's (I think Cloud's) reply to this post.

Well, seems like I was quite alone again this morning :(

I won't get back online today. Tomorrow we may have internet problems at work, so I don't promise anything. The important thing is: we need a lynch before deadline.

See yall

Thorum is online, and doesn't take a stance or post a thought on anything. But he does make sure to remind us that we need a lynch. He's not gonna contribute to it, because he wants to keep his hands clean after all.

Again, it explains itself. Nothing about inactivity, all about your reactions and contributions (or, rather, lack thereof). Nothing happened between these posts.  

Part 3:

Finally back online. Just in time :) .

Some small points only:
- If you want answers, don't ask questions that have been answered two posts before;
- Kassidy: who are you? You remind me of the current companion of The Doctor: who are you ? What do you think ? Very few, very short posts but with somehow undefiniably strange contents...
- I did not have time to read the case against DPR, and his defense.
- I FORGOT TO VOTE !!! Thanks for reminding me, DPR. I have no idea why, but seeing the last votecount: vote rhea

First day. Has Rhea even been online since her train started?

Thorum comes in with the hammer… He doesn't even know what the case on Rhea was, he claimed… He can't even remember seeing her online! Has he read this game at all? I don't believe that ignorance at all. And the icing on the cake is the poking on Kassidy. So that he's noticed; her three posts, but the discussion on Rhea he's managed not to see? I call BS.

This is so beautiful. I still can't believe you've picked up on Kassidy's posts, and completly missed the entire discussion regarding Rhea. I can't see how that is humanly possibe, and so I call it a straight-out lie. At the point I typed this, I remembered having seen two posts by Kassidy, which both made little sense from a town PoV. I don't remember him/her posting anything since, neither :(. I didn't see a good reason to vote Rhea, except for us being close to deadline and in need of a kill. Gladly, she turned out to be mafia, so I was probably wrong in that interpretation.

Or he bought polyjuice. Though that seems less and less likely.

It is unlikely I will have internet before sunday evening, not that i survive ni tv t (same as everyone Iguess.)

Why kill dpr?

And here we have Thorum again, on D2, still eager to discredit Turin. At the same time he's the first to ask why DPR was killed (coming back to this later). Again comments that he'll be gone (this is starting to become a very common theme).

I comment here that you said you'll be gone again. I don't mind you being gone; no-one is online 24/7; it's a game on an internet forum. But the amount of posts you have, considering how busy you claim you are, and that when you posts, it's fluff, skimming and just BS, that's a problem. I honestly can't beleive you saying you are so busy, considering how many posts you have. I think right now you gave 10-12 less posts than I do, and I got like 7 in a row a page back. So it's a fair amount. You have over one post per game page. That's not how I classify an inactive. Hallia is inactive with her 5 posts.

Still no result :mad:

Anyway, I have to leave y'all. Fingers crossed on some internet over the weekend (if I survive the night), though unlikely.

Thorum thinks he won't survive the night… Uh-huh. Why should you be a bigger target than anyone else? Oh, right, you just wanna subtly hint that you can't be mafia because you have a chance of being NKed.

And again, he's going… Without giving any thoughts on recent things happening. He was the hammer, and Rhea flipped mafia. Shouldn't that warrant some kind of reaction? Especially since he had no idea what the case on Rhea was? Shouldn't it warrant a "oh lookie, she was mafia, wow whoever picked up on that, good job". I guess it could be argued that it was still night… But he doesn't comment on it come day either.

Again, my arguments have nothing do to with inactivity... It's about you having yet another post without any proper game thoughts.

And yes, I know a lot of people didn't comment on Rhea's flip. But you were the hammer vote, and claimed to have no knowledge of the case on her. It's completly unnatural for you not to acknowledge her flip in the slightest.

I cannot be active if no one`s online when I am.

If someone has some time too much: what has dpr done yesterday? He was VERY active, which makes his choice strange.

Thorum again nudging people to discuss why DPR died.

Aaaand again... My point against you has nothing to do with inactivity.

And the rest (just read this post, and you won't miss a thing). Fingers crossed the green works here.

Ok, took 15minutes before starting work. I got about two thirds of the way. WIll continue later

Part 1!

Hi all.

Up to friday, I will be less active than usual. I may even miss one or two posts.

For now, my random vote: key

Thorum warns us he might miss a post or two (excuses in advance for skimming) and votes… A mod?

I react to you giving yourself an out in advance for skimming and missing posts, and for paying so extremely little attention that you put your vote on a mod. I don't mention as a negative thing that you'll be less active.

Let me ask Thorum, and Mish another couple of questions.

First, do you have a problem with Nicana placing a second vote on me? Yes
Second, did you not want the town to get those bonus studs? Yes

Thorum, where did you go? Home

Yes, yes and home. I`ll be rarely online when not at work. As always.

Are what I put in red your answers to my questions?

Do you see any other possibility?

See, That's what happens when I post at home. Luring me wth your `not`s. Goodnight.

Btw, where does it say studs are pro-town? I dont see that anywhere...

This is after Ithi has already pointed out once that mafia has their share of the studs, and town has their share. But after all, Thorum has warned us he might miss a post; so we can't read anything into that, right?

Here, I point out that you're skimming and spreading chaos by not paying attention. Not saying anything about inactivity.

What's the difference between inactivity and having-to-read-diagonally-a-lot ?

Part 2.

Good morning everyone.

Turin, you're WAY too (to ?) experienced to reveal this early, unless you think you won't get online before deadline anymore. I'll keep the second idea in mind for now.
As in the opening post: there's plenty of characters to choose from. Any character claim (unless you're Harry or Ron or Hermione) could be just a lucky mafia-invention. And no, I'm not soft counter-claiming.

Please read my previous posts. All those concerns have been answered already. And please don't re-ask questions that have already been answered. That limits our ability to get the answers we need.

btw, isn't it like 4 am in California right now?

unvote
There's 17 players in this game. Cloud, I don't remember having heard from you?

Thorum discredits Turin's claim, both the character itself and the way it was done.

Gets annoyed when Turin keeps asking him questions. Hint: If people keep asking the same questions, it's probably because you didn't answer them adequately the first time.

Then suddenly turns around to take a poke at Cloud. Why Cloud especially? Why not one of the other quieter ones? Because poking an inactive is always an easy vote and a good way to steer discussion away from ourself.

Point nr 1: Discreding character claim, nothing about inactivity. So if someone claims, we should all instantly bow and believe him/her? I don't ever do that. Especially not iIn a game where the opening post basically says there are so many potential characters, that character claims are useless.

Point nr 2: Point out your less than helpful attitude, nothing about inactivity.

Point nr 3: Your random poke at Cloud. Again nothing about inactivity. Which worked: he got active afterwards.

I haven't been absent since this morning. I will become absent in about an hour.

I'm not gonna requote all my answers. You can find them under http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/user/698-thorum/ and click on "Posts".

so, 16 players, which makes (probably) 12 townies.
- Harry
- Ron
- hermione
- dumbledore
- mcgonnagal
- lupin
- snape
- neville
- ginny
- fred
- george
- hagrid

Is any of these less likely to be in the game than Sirius black? At least one of them won't be here. Probably more. The mafia could even know who's in the game and who isn't...

First post of Thorums: Turin I think had asked Thorum something, and then lamented that Thorum went absent before Turin posted his question, because he wanted an answer. And Thorum answers that he wasn't absent… But he was gonna be. Not bothering addressing what Turin asked him though.

Second posts: More character-speculation, after it has been pointed out several times that the character pool is huge and it can be completely random who is in the game.

1: Pointing out that you deliberatly avoided a question even though you were online at the moment. The fact that you were going away wasn't what I pointed out; it was that you were online and avoided answering things directed at you. I answered all questions the first time they were asked. The one question that got asked three times, I answered the third time with the relevant quotes, and suddenly that was enough...

2: Well I'm not gonna bother repeating it; look at the line, it says everything. Nothing about inactivity. At this point, while the big character-pool had been pointed out by some people, many still didn't believe it, including a few vocal persons. See fe someone's (I think Cloud's) reply to this post.

Well, seems like I was quite alone again this morning :(

I won't get back online today. Tomorrow we may have internet problems at work, so I don't promise anything. The important thing is: we need a lynch before deadline.

See yall

Thorum is online, and doesn't take a stance or post a thought on anything. But he does make sure to remind us that we need a lynch. He's not gonna contribute to it, because he wants to keep his hands clean after all.

Again, it explains itself. Nothing about inactivity, all about your reactions and contributions (or, rather, lack thereof). Nothing happened between these posts.  

Part 3:

Finally back online. Just in time :) .

Some small points only:
- If you want answers, don't ask questions that have been answered two posts before;
- Kassidy: who are you? You remind me of the current companion of The Doctor: who are you ? What do you think ? Very few, very short posts but with somehow undefiniably strange contents...
- I did not have time to read the case against DPR, and his defense.
- I FORGOT TO VOTE !!! Thanks for reminding me, DPR. I have no idea why, but seeing the last votecount: vote rhea

First day. Has Rhea even been online since her train started?

Thorum comes in with the hammer… He doesn't even know what the case on Rhea was, he claimed… He can't even remember seeing her online! Has he read this game at all? I don't believe that ignorance at all. And the icing on the cake is the poking on Kassidy. So that he's noticed; her three posts, but the discussion on Rhea he's managed not to see? I call BS.

This is so beautiful. I still can't believe you've picked up on Kassidy's posts, and completly missed the entire discussion regarding Rhea. I can't see how that is humanly possibe, and so I call it a straight-out lie. At the point I typed this, I remembered having seen two posts by Kassidy, which both made little sense from a town PoV. I don't remember him/her posting anything since, neither :(. I didn't see a good reason to vote Rhea, except for us being close to deadline and in need of a kill. Gladly, she turned out to be mafia, so I was probably wrong in that interpretation.

Or he bought polyjuice. Though that seems less and less likely.

It is unlikely I will have internet before sunday evening, not that i survive ni tv t (same as everyone Iguess.)

Why kill dpr?

And here we have Thorum again, on D2, still eager to discredit Turin. At the same time he's the first to ask why DPR was killed (coming back to this later). Again comments that he'll be gone (this is starting to become a very common theme).

I comment here that you said you'll be gone again. I don't mind you being gone; no-one is online 24/7; it's a game on an internet forum. But the amount of posts you have, considering how busy you claim you are, and that when you posts, it's fluff, skimming and just BS, that's a problem. I honestly can't beleive you saying you are so busy, considering how many posts you have. I think right now you gave 10-12 less posts than I do, and I got like 7 in a row a page back. So it's a fair amount. You have over one post per game page. That's not how I classify an inactive. Hallia is inactive with her 5 posts. inactive = not actively playing =/= not posting

Still no result :mad:

Anyway, I have to leave y'all. Fingers crossed on some internet over the weekend (if I survive the night), though unlikely.

Thorum thinks he won't survive the night… Uh-huh. Why should you be a bigger target than anyone else? Oh, right, you just wanna subtly hint that you can't be mafia because you have a chance of being NKed.

And again, he's going… Without giving any thoughts on recent things happening. He was the hammer, and Rhea flipped mafia. Shouldn't that warrant some kind of reaction? Especially since he had no idea what the case on Rhea was? Shouldn't it warrant a "oh lookie, she was mafia, wow whoever picked up on that, good job". I guess it could be argued that it was still night… But he doesn't comment on it come day either.

Again, my arguments have nothing do to with inactivity... It's about you having yet another post without any proper game thoughts. are you really gonna bring this up a third time (or is this still the second time, I lost count?)...

And yes, I know a lot of people didn't comment on Rhea's flip. But you were the hammer vote, and claimed to have no knowledge of the case on her. It's completly unnatural for you not to acknowledge her flip in the slightest. It's unnatrural for me to be inactive. Acknowledging a flip without being able to continue on on it is useless. 

I cannot be active if no one`s online when I am.

If someone has some time too much: what has dpr done yesterday? He was VERY active, which makes his choice strange.

Thorum again nudging people to discuss why DPR died.

Aaaand again... My point against you has nothing to do with inactivity. Similar to what I said about Turin's claim: why shouldn't we use dpr's death? Obviously, no one else is any bit interested in why mafia targeted him, even though that might lead to a better guess of who's mafia. 

Official Vote Count

BG - 2 (Turin, nicana)

Thorum - 4 (Mish, dice, Amarande, Basel)

Mish - 1 (Thorum)

Basel - 2 (Wombat, Bridmorgan)

Not Voting - 6 (Hallia, Kassidy, Time, Cloud, RTE, BG)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 900 Studs

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeandda...=Day 2 deadline

DailyProphetLogo.jpg

Rita Skeeter reporting in from the scene of Lego Harry Potter Mafia. Night was long and some thought they might not rise with the sun, but it was DPR who met his bitter end. While I only received information about what transpired from a second-hand source, I staked out the residence of one Turin Turambar, or, as he claims, Sirius Black. My efforts were not wasted, as Turin had many visitors in the night, whether he knew it or not. Alas, the ones who call themselves Cloud and Misheru Sedai came and went, but they have fessed up to this much already. But one more visited Turin during the night, and he seems to have been much less vocal about it. Bgrishinko tried his best to not be noticed, and no one has been any the wiser until now. Alas, as we now know Turin survived the night, and both Cloud and Misheru saw him for who he claimed to be. But what did BG see? And why has he kept it quiet? Rita Skeeter is on the case. Read tomorrow's issue of the Daily Prophet to keep up to date with all current developments at Lego Harry Potter Mafia.

Archived