DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see you're back, Turin. How were you blocked?

I'll check the maths tomorrrow. That's my job, after all...

Even if true, what you did sounds more mafia than town to me.

Not positive how I was blocked. I am assuming that it would require an immobulus spell which is why I hinted to Mish that one of her restorative Draughts would be handy. That she chose to use something different on me is suspicious. She was the second claimer BTW but that could just as well be due to time zones and schedules.

Also Turin, who are you and what can you do? With you rlast few posts and your absence, it got very confusing...

I am Sirius Black. I can use the Marauder's Map to find any player's true character. The map is never wrong. it is immune to PJ, animagus and any other tricks. I can also use my animagus ability to sniff out a characters alignment.

Ok so BG did block Turin. That is scummy in itself but I do believe it might be possible to use the stud counts BG is saying he did. I'll look at his math when I have more time but for now I have a couple things I would like Turin to comment on.

In the books the Marauder's Map requires a wand to activate. Couldn't a disarming charm therefore disable you from using it? Also, wouldn't one of the Weasley brothers, Harry, or Lupin be a better fit for that item?

Mods, if Turin targeted himself, would Rita have known?

Actually the better way to test this would be to have Rita check herself. her action would be revealed in the report. She is an unknown person at this point so less likely to be blocked etc... and I could be blocked again so it would not show. plus it wastes my view.

Now I'm really confuzzled (or maybe I was Confunded . . . LOL!).  If you can't use a wand when you are in your Animagus form, how could an Animagus use it at night?  Or is the map something the Animagus can use during the day, when s/he has use of a wand?

Turin, can you answer that?  Can you only view the map during one phase? If so, which phase?

Wombat, I agree that Lupin would make the most sense. All I know abut it is that it was in my PM.

I asked and was told that both my actions were treated as non-spell actions. My guess about the map is that you can leave it open and working. I believe that you only need to use the wand to activate the map initially in the books. I coluld be wrong. Then you only need to look at it. Or it was just set up that way as a balance mechanism.

Rita wouldn't be anonymous anymore :(

fair point. nvm then. but it would still be a bad idea to use up a view on myself. At least in my opinion.

Now I'm really confuzzled (or maybe I was Confunded . . . LOL!).  If you can't use a wand when you are in your Animagus form, how could an Animagus use it at night?  Or is the map something the Animagus can use during the day, when s/he has use of a wand?

Turin, can you answer that?  Can you only view the map during one phase? If so, which phase?

All my actions take place at night. I just choose between whichever I wish to use. I can only use one per night.

You are a most excellent co-mod Key and the reason why I can sleep at night and am not totally frazzled to bits :)

I Knew that loved up Mafia would catch on :happy:

It's my pleasure :smile:.  It's really fun!

Yes, I like it. I see this in mafia future!!

Official Vote Count  (Same as before...)

BG - 5 (Turin, Nicana, Thorum, Cloud, Wombat)
Thorum - 4 (Mish, dice, Amarande, Basel)
Basel - 1 (Bridmorgan)

Turin - 1 (BG)

Not Voting - 4 (Hallia, Kassidy, Daruya, RTE)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1100 Studs 

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeandda...=Day 2 deadline 

@Turin, this is why I went through all the trouble of trying to figure out how many points per post. To try and figure out how many points were added between the two counts. I'm not claiming that Turin must have bought the PJ potion, I'm just saying somebody must have.

875 total of points spent in my estimation

PJ potion, it happened, no dying it by the numbers else it would be impossible to spend in a 75 increment.

875-175= 700 remaining

After turin

700-600=100

Impossible to spend 100, but spent they were. Therefore, lying turin.

I will admit that my theory doesn't account for the 2-3 random extra points since the total was actually 878 total spent. But that in and of itself is an anomaly that just so happens occurs in this same time frame.

I bought a strength potion during the first day, as well. How does that fit into your maths?

Depends... when did you purchase it? If it falls between the 1430 and 737 time frames it is an important piece of the puzzle. 

I'm sure it is :laugh:

You know, you should use this move more often when you are mafia. Just bring up maths out of nowhere and try to confuse everyone to not vote for you.

I've used math a lot, like I said, math doesn't lie. Depending on the crowd it goes over well, or not. Some people just have an innate ebby-jeebies to math for some reason even though it is what makes art and music possible really.

I find the whole idea behind math and what we can understand with it really interesting, but when it comes down to doing it myself I now tend to quickly lose interest. The last time I did some serious math was at the end of my highschool period, and that's already a few years ago.

Archived