DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

There is this huge thunderstorm going on outside. It's awesome.

I would like to hear more from the quieter people. Day 2 has been kinda quiet so far and we need more people to weigh in instead of just the usual players or it will only benefit the mafia more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, I find it odd frankly that Turin was more than happy to use the points to FoS Mish yesterday, but when it comes back on him Turin goes all DPR on me about how the points show nothing.

That is because there is a valid point in the fact we don't know everything about how the studs are generated. There we can't know what we think we know. I am continuing to use the information but have decided it is not the be all end all. Because we simply do not know how the studs get generated.

Too bad Veritaserum isn't available in Diagon Alley!  That would be a sweet potion to use on someone you wanted to be sure of, especially if it worked that they had to announce in thread their alignment . . .

BG's math looks ok to me.  His argument also seems valid.  That being said, I'm not sure his premises are sound.  If BG is right that the mods give out a set amount of studs per post, then his conclusion is correct.  That being said, Ithi has been very vague about the stud-earning mechanisms so far.  I don't remember her saying much beyond the fact that they are split up between mafia and town somehow and that activity earns studs.  Post count is not necessarily synonymous with activity.  it is probably true that there's a strong correlation between the two, but I think vote frequency and content quality are just as important.  As Mish has pointed out, Thorum has more posts than many people, but he has provided less content.  Now content quality can't really be quantified, but other things could be.

So the Turin vs. BG rhetorical argument is kinda meh right now in my mind.  BG makes a lot of sense, but he usually does.  That's why he's good at being mafia.  I often get rubbed the wrong way by Turin, so I'm disregarding that too.

The most important thing imo is that BG has claimed he bought an Expelliarmus, and Turin has claimed a powerful pro-town upgraded role.  Lynching Turin before BG is out of the question given Turin's claim.  Which means that in my mind that BG is either 1 of two things: scum, or a good info lynch (based on his claim with respect to the claims of Turin, Cloud, and Mish).

@Wombat --- "Directly linked to HOW MANY posts there are"  - The follow up insinuates even spam posts get points but if they see people spamming just to up the points, Ithi be angry.

Want to earn Studs so you can go shopping?
  • The number of Studs available to make purchase is directly linked to how many posts there are in the Game - but please be aware that a shed load of pure spam posts, just to boost your totals will NOT be looked at kindly. Having a bit of fun with your posts is completely fine. We really do want you to have a fun game.
  • Stay reasonably active ... don't make me get cross with you. It's not a gameshow or a competition - so I don't need you to spam ridiculously. You just need to make at least 2 proper game type posts per Game Day to not lose your place. Playing Quiet or Playing Loud are bother perfectly valid styles and I'm not going to call you out on either. If you have a genuine reason for inactivity please let me know.
  • You will receive a Bonus of 100 Studs for every player that has an active valid vote on any player at the time the Hammer falls. If no majority is reached by the deadline, I will modkill a random player and no coroner info will be given and you will also NOT get your End Of Round Bonus.

Too bad Veritaserum isn't available in Diagon Alley! That would be a sweet potion to use on someone you wanted to be sure of, especially if it worked that they had to announce in thread their alignment . . .

It might be as an upgrade. They appear to be more closely linked to what might be considered normal if powerful roles.

@BG: I see you're right about that. Although I doubt Ithi means "directly proportional" and even if she did, that wouldn't rule out a multivariable function, would it? In fact the spam statement implies that spam could be a significant independent variable.

I'm telling you that looking into it, that's why I think you are lying. It is an estimate, but I put a lot of time into trying to figure it out first during the night because it doesn't add up. If my numbers are wrong, then, I've errored on having too many studs because I over estimated. Which means it would still be impossible to have 900 points spent. That means that either you or Mish is lying about the purchase still.

I used Expelliarmus and it appears I successfully blocked Turin despite Turin claiming it shouldn't have worked. That's the truth.

Unless either Mish or Cloud used Immobulus.  Again, Expelliarmus doesn't work on non-magical stuff.

While it is true that Turin could have used PJ potion, and it is true that Mish or Cloud could be lying about their NA, I'm also pretty suspicous that you are holding on so tightly to "Turin must be lying because I used Expelliarmus."

To me, everyone is suspect.  Turin claimed a character and role.  Character was confirmed by Revelio x 2 (?).  However, he could have used PJ potion.

Mish and Cloud claimed to have used Revelio on Turin and confirmed his character.  I don't remember who posted first but it is possible that the 2nd person posting that reveal was just tagging onto the original and that they actually used Immobulus.  So it could also be that Turin is telling the truth but that either Mish or Cloud isn't (with a larger FoS on the 2nd revealer).

Second poster would be me. I posted it right before midnight, Cloud an hour or so before me.

Glad to see you're back, Turin. How were you blocked?

I'll check the maths tomorrrow. That's my job, after all...

Even if true, what you did sounds more mafia than town to me.

Not positive how I was blocked. I am assuming that it would require an immobulus spell which is why I hinted to Mish that one of her restorative Draughts would be handy. That she chose to use something different on me is suspicious. She was the second claimer BTW but that could just as well be due to time zones and schedules.

Also Turin, who are you and what can you do? With you rlast few posts and your absence, it got very confusing...

I am Sirius Black. I can use the Marauder's Map to find any player's true character. The map is never wrong. it is immune to PJ, animagus and any other tricks. I can also use my animagus ability to sniff out a characters alignment.

God damn it. Now the dude suddenly can't remember who Turin is. I'm leaning jester on Thorum now. He's just begging to be lynched.

Ok so BG did block Turin. That is scummy in itself but I do believe it might be possible to use the stud counts BG is saying he did. I'll look at his math when I have more time but for now I have a couple things I would like Turin to comment on.

In the books the Marauder's Map requires a wand to activate. Couldn't a disarming charm therefore disable you from using it? Also, wouldn't one of the Weasley brothers, Harry, or Lupin be a better fit for that item?

Sirius is a logical fit for the Map; he was one of the original creators, so I would see it as equally likely that he or Lupin had it (James Potter would probably have other powers, and I highly doubt Pettigrew would have the map...)

I'm torn on the BG/Turin-discussion. On one hand, I have a revelio-viewing that tells me he is Sirius Black, and he's been acting pretty pro-town. On the other hand, I know that I bought my upgrade and spent 300 studs, so if the math BG presents is (mostly) right (and it looks pretty logical to me), then Turin couldn't have spent 600 studs.

I'm gonna go to bed now, and mull this over a bit more tomorrow morning. I'll have plenty of time to come on hours before the deadline to see what's happened and decide on a vote then.

Official Vote Count  (Same as before...)

BG - 5 (Turin, Nicana, Thorum, Cloud, Wombat)
Thorum - 4 (Mish, dice, Amarande, Basel)
Basel - 1 (Bridmorgan)

Turin - 1 (BG)

Not Voting - 4 (Hallia, Kassidy, Daruya, RTE)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1100 Studs 

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeandda...=Day 2 deadline   (19 hours)

I'm pretty confident that Mr. Prongs is not in this game :P

And yeah, I'll prob reassess in the morning too, but unless I see pretty conclusive proof for BG's argument, I'm not budging. I'd rather resolve this issue now and generally, it's much safer to assume ignorance about the mechanics than certainty about them.

Okay, I'd hoped to do a more in-depth analysis to either solidify my suspicions or allay them.  However, due to RL circumstances this evening, I didn't get a chance to do so.  *sighs*  Still, BG is pinging harder on me than anyone and since I don't know what my tomorrow will be like at work, I'm going to put my vote in now so we can (hopefully) have everyone voting before the deadline.  I'd like to see that stud count go up so that I can possibly buy what I tried to buy earlier but couldn't because there weren't enough studs.  

For now, Vote BG

And now I'm going to bed because I'm beyond tired.  

That's been happening to me too, Dar.

Just a few thoughts.....

BG: I initially voted for him for defending Rhea but after reading these last few pages he is really pinging me pretty hard right now. The math on the studs seems to me to be a distraction since we will never know exactly how Ithi is counting the studs. My vote is staying on him.

Thorum: He has had numerous posts but has said nothing substantial. He has even acted ignorant of what is going on. That makes me very suspicious and I will be keeping an eye on him. Not to mention he has been very nerve wracking.

Turin: I now have mixed feelings about him. He couldn't use a PJ potion if BG was blocking him but I'm still hesitant to lean town. I believe if BG gets lynched it may sway me one way or the other according to what comes out about BG.

Wombat: No read as of right now.

Cloud: I'm getting a town read.

Mish: Also a town read.

Nobody else has posted enough to comment on.

Mish, I'm quite sure I'm not the only person who needed a resume of Turins claims. See also other questions, both before and after this post of mine.

The problem is not really with people not voting, but with people not being online. Or being online and not caring to vote. Seems we only need a hammer...

Official Vote Count

BG - 7 (Turin, Nicana, Thorum, Cloud, Wombat, Dar, Hallia)

Thorum - 4 (Mish, dice, Amarande, Basel)

Basel - 1 (Bridmorgan)

Turin - 1 (BG)

Not Voting - 2 (Kassidy, RTE)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to Lynch

Current possible End of Round Bonus = 1300 Studs

Day 2 Deadline is 9pm BST Tuesday 6th August due to the Weekend.

http://www.timeandda...=Day 2 deadline (just over 12 hours)

BG is at L-1. Please remember that Diagon Alley is Closed at Night.

God damn it. Now the dude suddenly can't remember who Turin is. I'm leaning jester on Thorum now. He's just begging to be lynched.

I swear almost in every single game that I'm in there is someone that brings up a Jester. I have been playing for several months and I have never even seen that role in a game!

Archived