DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week ] *Game Over - Town Wins* Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 Mafia

Ithillian Turambar

Here is everything from Mish after I voted (sort of ) Nicana to draw her into the game...

^- I was bascially gonna ask this. FoS Turin.

Simple FoS, following along after Thorum. meh

Feel better Nica *hugs*

Nice. Nicana, being sick stinks so I hope you feel better too.

FOR THE NEWBIES:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76698-new-player-tips-and-information/

This is a handy thread put together by peacesells, it tells you the basic neccesities you need to know about mafia :)

Nice and helpful. Nothing much

I didn't connect the dots with the bonus studs.

This was her response to my question if she didn't want the town to have access to the bonus studs. Not really an answer to the question asked. more of an answer as to why I would vote for effect IMO.

Fair enough I suppose Mish.

How about Nica's vote for me?

Still deliberating that one.

FoS for me when I put a second vote on Nicana, uncertain if Nicana deserves one when she put one on me.

You wanna give a reason with that, Kass?

questions reason for Kass' vote on me, Not the vote itself however.

Turin is very eager to point out that he's town.

Following along with the Turin is too-Townie or is mafia hiding as town angle but still no vote. I think she wants to nudge my train and cast doubt all around but does not want to vote for me because she knows I am really town. Only mafia could know that at this time IMO.

unvote. Vote Mish

Current mafia suspect list:

Mish

Basel

Thorum

Nicana

Also since I am at L-4 and may need to go out for a while..

funny-harry-potter-5.jpg

I am Sirius Black.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely unnecessary to reveal, imho. 

No one was going to lynch you without a reveal, especially on D1. Now you've just gone and made yourself a target.

Just on the off chance this is a false claim and the real Sirius Black is out there and possibly a newcomer to mafia, please do not counter reveal. This will sort itself out.

There is now a deadline. I am still over halfway to lynch with 5 of 9 votes. No one else has more than one vote. More sheep pile on and then I have to reveal and we have less time to procure a viable lynch. Much better to go ahead and get it over with. Of course that will require more people come out and play.

Interesting that you say I didn't need to reveal and yet you are still voting me. On the one hand you seem to be saying you believe me and on the other you are voting to say you do not. Kind of contradictory don't ya think?

Kassidy, does the wow mean you believe or that you don't believe.

Good morning everyone.

Turin, you're WAY too (to ?) experienced to reveal this early, unless you think you won't get online before deadline anymore. I'll keep the second idea in mind for now.

As in the opening post: there's plenty of characters to choose from. Any character claim (unless you're Harry or Ron or Hermione) could be just a lucky mafia-invention. And no, I'm not soft counter-claiming.

Dice, thorum is voting nicana. And mish is voting no one.

. Basel is following. He jumped on the train without original thought using an argument that doesn't hold up for day 1 (too townie). People will get abilities and that means people that have posted a lot like me will get checked.

Thorium I have in the group that haven't played that much. He parked what I guess he will call a joke vote on nicana, still hasn't removed it but got kind of upset when I voted her too. That made it look like a distance vote to me. He also said he didn't want town to get the stud bonus. He did retract that upon further questioning.

Let me ask you and everyone else something, do you think Sirius is on the game? DPR stated that my reveal only puts a target on my back. So he seems to think Sirius is in the game and further is town. My argument has been that I have been being obvious in my town alignment.

As to why reveal early. My response is better early than late. If I make this reveal with less than a day left until deadline someone will get run up with no chance to defend. Better to get this done now and go back to looking for the mafia.

So who does everyone think is mafia? I would like 3 names with reasons if you can. If you can't just say so.

You're absolutely wrong about me ;D. Bolded words I had to change:

Thorum
I have in the group that haven't played that much lately, but used to play a lot. He parked a random vote on nicana, still hasn't removed it but questioned the double vote when I voted her too.  He also said he didn't believe the stud bonus are pro-town. He did not retract that upon further questioning.

I have no idea what you mean with a "distance vote", so I just deleted that.

And deadline is still more than two days away.

It's early day 1, we cannot have any idea who is mafia.

Thorum, When I said not playing much I meant in this game. As in low post count. Not a lot of thoughts.

That quote is very difficult to read to me. It looks like you are editing my post.

A distance vote is placed by one mafia on a teammate in early stages as a means of looking like they are not teammates. You have played enough to know that.

2 days to go is less time than you would think in a game with as many new players as this one.

I am not asking you to bet your life on your picks. Who do you think is mafia? You are voting Nicana, do you think she is mafia? Do you think I am Mafia?

Please read my previous posts. All those concerns have been answered already. And please don't re-ask questions that have already been answered. That limits our ability to get the answers we need.

btw, isn't it like 4 am in California right now? 

unvote

There's 17 players in this game. Cloud, I don't remember having heard from you?

. Basel is following. He jumped on the train without original thought using an argument that doesn't hold up for day 1 (too townie). People will get abilities and that means people that have posted a lot like me will get checked.

Thorium I have in the group that haven't played that much. He parked what I guess he will call a joke vote on nicana, still hasn't removed it but got kind of upset when I voted her too. That made it look like a distance vote to me. He also said he didn't want town to get the stud bonus. He did retract that upon further questioning.

Let me ask you and everyone else something, do you think Sirius is on the game? DPR stated that my reveal only puts a target on my back. So he seems to think Sirius is in the game and further is town. My argument has been that I have been being obvious in my town alignment.

As to why reveal early. My response is better early than late. If I make this reveal with less than a day left until deadline someone will get run up with no chance to defend. Better to get this done now and go back to looking for the mafia.

So who does everyone think is mafia? I would like 3 names with reasons if you can. If you can't just say so.

Bolded: so let me get this straight. If you (or anyone else, for that matter) posts something suspicious, and I'm not physically around for either your post or or for someone else noticing it, then I'm suspicious for noticing the same thing when I eventually get online and see your post? The fact that multiple people catch something independently of each other should mean that it's a more blatant slip. Or are you saying that being the first one to notice something automatically gives a person town cred?

Basel, in your post that you voted me you included BG and it looked like you were trying to say he was trying for town cred. What Is your opinion if BG?

There is a chance that BG might be mafia. I'm suspicious of the both of you, although I have a gut feeling I can't explain that you aren't both mafia. If I figure out why I think this, I will post it. You seemed more strenuous in making the point, though, and your train was looking more productive, so I felt a vote on BG would be wasted.

As to who else could be mafia, I'm not sure yet, and I want more data before I commit to anything.

Actually it is 5 am now but I drive a fuel tanker for a living and as a result work odd hours. What questions did I ask that have been answered? The only question I asked you was who you think is mafia. Why don't you want to answer that? Do you now think cloud is mafia?

Which concerns are you referring to BTW? If you have answered them then you will remember the answers. My job means I sn frequently playing from my phone which makes navigation a pain.

Bold&Blue are mine.

Here is everything from Mish after I voted (sort of ) Nicana to draw her into the game...

^- I was bascially gonna ask this. FoS Turin.

Simple FoS, following along after Thorum. meh

I wasn't following; I was literally typing that exact same post, saw that a new post had been made and he'd asked what I was gonna ask.

I didn't connect the dots with the bonus studs.

This was her response to my question if she didn't want the town to have access to the bonus studs. Not really an answer to the question asked. more of an answer as to why I would vote for effect IMO.

I was trying to say that I didn't understand your original reason for throwing on a second vote on Nica, and when you connected the dots for me with the studs, it was fine. The rest of the questions felt irreleveant for me to answer, since you asked them thinking I understood your original reason, wich I didn't. Since I didn't understand you voted Nica to get her to check in so we could get the bonus studs, answering if I don't want town to get the bonus studs is redundant. But if you really want an answer: Of course I wanted town to get those studs. I've used a share of them too.

Fair enough I suppose Mish.

How about Nica's vote for me?

Still deliberating that one.

FoS for me when I put a second vote on Nicana, uncertain if Nicana deserves one when she put one on me.

Because I didn't understand your reason for the vote at the time, thus the FoS. Nica I was (and sitll am) trying to decide if she's simply being a newbie or being coached by a mafia team to be as newbie as possible, if that makes sense.

You wanna give a reason with that, Kass?

questions reason for Kass' vote on me, Not the vote itself however.

I question any vote that doesn't have a reason given; especially one that is blatant bandwagoning.

Turin is very eager to point out that he's town.

Following along with the Turin is too-Townie or is mafia hiding as town angle but still no vote. I think she wants to nudge my train and cast doubt all around but does not want to vote for me because she knows I am really town. Only mafia could know that at this time IMO.

I'm not voting because I'm still not sure of what I think you are. Yes I'm fencesitting. It takes me a while to get some proper reads in a game, and I'm always bothered for not participating enough D1 so I'm trying, but it's very hard when I don't have any reads. With you I'm switching between town and mafia continusly right now, and that makes me hesitant to place a vote, but I will comment on things I see.

It looks like following to me. Personally I rarely use the townie argument unless there is something else there as well. I didn't see any other reasoning so it looked like latching onto a buzzword and joining the biggest/only train. I will note your POV however.

You say in one paragraph that you think BG might be mafia and then give fuzzy reasons why you doubt that. Then in the next paragraph you say you have no other mafia reads. That looks like a contradiction to me. Even if you aren't sure or have some reason to doubt you say that you have some suspicion. Again its day 1, you can only go off what we have so far. But everyone should have some suspicions of who is mafia.

That last was for Basel. Ithi, you are rubbing off on.me with the forgetting to address who I'm talking to.

Mish, okay fair enough for now. I prefer a stance be taken as it makes going back easier but everyone has to play their own game

Questions for the doubters, do you think I'm not really Sirius? Do you think he would not be in the game? Do you think he would be mafia?

This is powerful scummish - I can't believe you're going to have a mini-meltdown this early into D1!

To imply that Basel is following - or really anyone this early in the game - is only good for trying to garner sympathy for yourself. That's not disco at all.

You trying to paint Thor as a mood is laughable - he's 1st gen DM mafia, btw - because it displays that you are judging people's level of experience and crafting your play to take advantage of it. Scum.

Speculating on what characters might be in a Harry Potter game is pointless at best, and a giant S in the sky at worst. You know perfectly well that some mods provide legit role covers. You revealing so early really pinged me, and claiming a prominent character pinged me harder. If you would have claimed Mr. Filch's cat, I'd have felt better about it, frankly.

Early reveal is only trying to smoke out the real character. 

The cherry is ending your post with the good 'ol "top 3 for scum list" suggestion.

I almost never seriously scum-hunt on D1, but if you're just going to throw it in our laps then I'm inclined to leave my vote where it is. Worst case scenario, your actually misguided town who will just be a distraction anyway. 

Archived