DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ive lost who's asked it but i think we have to pay attention to sarthes scenes   he always likes to put info in them going by past games.

Ithi.  Can you lay out in ONE post what maks you think mish is scummy. With all the back and forth it is hard to remember or work out your original reasoning. Dont bother with the people hassling you. That part comes thru real clear.  Im after your original reasoning.

ok for some reason i can NOT type Darthe  (was very careful with that one) in this game! He may just remain Sarthe from now on.lol

Ithi is applying pressure all around the block, tweaking noses, waiting for mafia to make mistakes. She's following her town meta exactly. So why are you trying to discredit her? Are you scared that she's gonna root out your teammates early? Want to get a power player out of the game as soon as possible?

It's disturbing that you (among others) seem to think it's ok, even good, for Ithi to "tweak noses" but jump to her defense when someone tweaks her back. It's day 1 and she is not clear. She's as open for prodding for reactions as anyone else.

You, Ithi, Turin, Arez, and anyone else who thinks otherwise can take your idiotic case of "distracting town from a case" and "derailing lynches" and turn it right back on yourselves because that's exactly what you are doing.

yes. no one is clear to all. But like Maw has stated Ithi is completely on her town meta. she plays as a lightning rod. somehow the mafia get atracted and can't keep from trying to take her out. I am still watching but she hasn't exhibited anything as yet to suggest she is mafia. and when town she usually gets results so I am willing to believe for now.

Whose lynch Are we trying to derail? Ithi's? cause we think she is town and being helpful to town. So take your shot and we will see who is town and who is not.

allright Ithi since you could spend the 5 seconds to say no but not the 6 seconds to tell me the answer i found it.

Mish can't remember that Cloud was Mafia? And she seems to be a little over excited.

Vote Mish

And we can edit. Excellent.

Thats IT???  seriously?  ok so was this a joke vote at the time that became more serious when people tried to convince you to get off her?  or were you serious from the get go?

yes. no one is clear to all. But like Maw has stated Ithi is completely on her town meta.

To be fair meta is weak by itself, both as a case and as a defense. If people are aware of their own meta they can abuse it.

she plays as a lightning rod. somehow the mafia get atracted and can't keep from trying to take her out.

In my limited experience with her (as I'm recalling) it has less to do with mafia attacking her and more to do with the fact she intentionally gets on -everyone's- nerves and interprets everything as an attack.

Whose lynch Are we trying to derail? Ithi's? cause we think she is town and being helpful to town. So take your shot and we will see who is town and who is not.

?????

I'm not trying to derail anyone's lynch.

arez was that at me?

cause it doesnt seem like much of a reason to start with   people jumping about it lends credence but the original reason seems weak considering i think mish was in like 3? games at one time recently and i can see the possibility of confusion re when someone was mafia last. I know im not remembering from my three atm.  

im just trying to get a handle on the case so i understand it fully

Turin I'm not even going to read "posts" within quotes. I've tried in the past and it gives me nothing but headaches. Especially when several people jump in and everyone is using different colors and bold and italics and this and that. If you want me to read and respond please quote properly or use quotation marks or something. This goes for anyone else as well. I'm not going to spend hours deciphering who is saying what just because you like to respond inside someone else's quote.

So you're instead just going to ignore potentially important info. Good job.

So it isn't a threat it is a promise.

/eyeroll

It's an observation.

>>You just set yourself up for a frame job if mafia should decide to try to kill Ithi tonight.

Wouldn't bother me if the mafia killed Ithi.

For one she is way off on me and likely Mish too.

Secondly I have no idea right now whether she's mafia or not so if she were to die that's one less person I gotta figure out.

Not to tell mafia their business but if I was with them I'd advocate killing Maw or John. Ithi is on the wrong track so leaving her alive would be detrimental to town. It wouldn't help them at all to kill her and try to frame me unless they think I have a power role for some reason.

On the other hand killing Maw or John would net the town next to zero information while bringing the mafia one kill closer to winning.

If it's a shot in the dark anyway why kill someone who has posts that can be analyzed?

And on that note Unvote Vote Maw

He either needs to start posting more ASAP or I say we lynch him.

My response to your not minding if mafia killed Ithi.  Of course not. just make sure to put in the kill yourself okay

Remark regarding your statements that I have highlighted green:  here you advocate doing the mafia's work for them, You can hide behind a "policy" lynch to off a potential townie. Then you can kill another inactive during the night and town is back to D1 all over again. Then you can say "oh looky looky, Ithi didn't get killed. She must be mafia."

Nol, already pushing the "let's lynch an inactive" line.

Absolutely. I will in almost every game at one point or another.

>>You say if you were mafia you would advocate killing inactives as they have less connections. So your pushing town to lynch them first serves the same purpose. Why you wanna help the mafia Nol?

Before I answer I'd like you to clarify which part of that you think helps the mafia.

Surely it's a bit early to be lynching inactives?

Sure. Doesn't mean we can't start running them up though.

Maybe give them till Monday or something.

Second section: Read above. you are the one that has clearly stated that you would kill the inactives as mafia. So if you want them dead as mafia why do you also want them dead if you are town? Furthermore the underlined. "Killing maw or snow would bring the mafia one step closer to winning" Sounds like you know they are town. But that can't be cause only mafia know alignment on D1. You are the one that has stated killing them helps mafia. And you want to lynch them now, Or is it just Maw you want lynched? 

Last sentence: So why vote them now? trying to get someone out in the lead as the leading vote getter so that the sheep will follow?

Finally, your method of breaking apart the quotes means that neither the person being quoted nor the timestamp is not present. So people do not know that the last quote was from Roo and not from me.

So do you guys think these scenes mean anything or is it just added flavor? I'm leaning towards them just being there for fun.

Dude it's Darthe. He always has things for reasons in his scenes and he even told us in the beginning that they would.

The reason why I think that Mish is town (so far, mind you) is because Ithi is so set on lynching her with so little evidence, even though by Ithi's logic Talya or Nolder would be better targets.

By this are you saying that your current town read on Mish is based mostly on Ithi wanting her lynched? And that is also why you think Ithi is mafia?

It's the other way around. I think that Ithi is mafia, and because she is pushing so hard with a Mish lynch that is based on so little evidence I think that Mish is town.

So your thinking Mish is town is based on Ithi being scum? So if Ithi is town then what? Mish mafia then what? This is weak.

No. I'm going back to sleep now. Go read when I voted her and shortly afterwards if you must.

Make your own case you follower.

I support this. Go back and look for yourself if you wanna know something. Do alittle footwork. Town should have no problem doing some footwork if they think it will catch scum.

Good job Len, a whole post of prodding others without having to add in your own thoughts. Why are so many doing this? I can think of Roo, Arez and Len on top of my head. Been in the game today, commented, but not taking a stance on the most active issue; am I scum or not?

Turin beat me to what I was going to say to Nolder. By all means call someone out for inactivity (especially if its unusual for them) but voting them? I don't think so.

Re the Ithi v Cloud/Mish thing. I understood what Cloud was saying initially in defence of Mish, though I don't think it necessarily makes Ithi mafia, in fact I'm getting quite a strong town read on her. Interesting how it got quite so intense though.

Good job Len, a whole post of prodding others without having to add in your own thoughts. Why are so many doing this? I can think of Roo, Arez and Len on top of my head. Been in the game today, commented, but not taking a stance on the most active issue; am I scum or not?

That's a little disingenuous. I'm not convinced either way at this point. Working in absolutes, especially this early in the game, is not a good idea.

Apparently no-one should vote or call anyone Mafia on Day 1 - unless they are Mafia themselves. I approve of this. From now on only Mafia can vote on D1 - it will make things an awful lot easier.

tumblr_inline_mkbv0d2Bsm1qz4rgp.gif

Ithi I'm not doing this to be difficult, but I simply don't understand. Where did you get the "invincible" part from? I was excited for a Darthe game, I made a joke to my bonded, and that makes me invincible because...? I don't mind being the center of attention, and I fully expect to end up dead today. I'm no great loss though, and it'll give town loads to work with tomorrow. So please keep on going, this is very interesting.

You fully expect to end up dead? What is the VC? How many people are actually pushing for your lynch at the moment? 

Ithi I'm not doing this to be difficult, but I simply don't understand. Where did you get the "invincible" part from? I was excited for a Darthe game, I made a joke to my bonded, and that makes me invincible because...? I don't mind being the center of attention, and I fully expect to end up dead today. I'm no great loss though, and it'll give town loads to work with tomorrow. So please keep on going, this is very interesting.

To summarise: Why me? Over justification and 'I'll be dead soon'

Ok.

I disagree with your summary. Not much over justification in this post. One line is justification and the rest "confusion" and playing the "helpless, going-to-die Townie" card.

I didn't think you were taking it seriously in the first place.

So erm ... That's how it felt.

Ok?

You ask for people to explain what they mean by things they say, and don't seem to like explanations like the one you just said. 

ithi is a meanie head

I agree! 

Turin I'm not even going to read "posts" within quotes. I've tried in the past and it gives me nothing but headaches. Especially when several people jump in and everyone is using different colors and bold and italics and this and that. If you want me to read and respond please quote properly or use quotation marks or something. This goes for anyone else as well. I'm not going to spend hours deciphering who is saying what just because you like to respond inside someone else's quote.

Uhhh, this. I'll go make a damn tutorial if people don't know how to properly quote and edit the quotes. 

By the way, whoever asked how to put quote names in, see below. Quote followed by the code. Granted, the time stamps are not there. Will go over that later. 

Everything sucks.

[quote name="Ed"]Everything sucks.[/quote]

Ed, why you edit all these posts?

LOL

Because I can, and I'm wondering.

I'm not the Cop. Wish I was. :laugh:

I think Turin could be mafia. But so could you.

Well, we're playing chess. Who is coming back a queen?!

No, really though.

Dap is mafia.

Turin obviously wants my move to fail. Why?

Why does Ithi go after people like that? She's found scum, that's why.

Also, interesting experiment going on here.

By all means call someone out for inactivity (especially if its unusual for them) but voting them? I don't think so.

I forgot to mention that I don't quite agree with this. BUT, I think it was Cloud who made the point that this is the weekend. EASTER WEEKEND, nonetheless. Voting for inactivity on Day 1 on a holiday weekend? No good.

I understood what Cloud was saying initially in defence of Mish, though I don't think it necessarily makes Ithi mafia, in fact I'm getting quite a strong town read on her.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm not sure how he gets that it makes Ithi mafia, and that is the part that makes him look scummy, imo.

How To - Quoting on DM. 
This is for quoting smaller posts, or many smaller quotes (just apply the same concepts as needed).

Using one of Roo's recent posts as an example (the one I just replied to). You quote a post, and it looks like this. 

11NormalQuote_zpsdc688f3a.png

See that red circle? That is button you use to toggle from spiffy looking posts to how everything looks in code.

When you click that button, it looks like this: 

12NoFormattingQuote_zps5851c6c6.png

:ohmy: Editing just got easier! Trust me, it is a lot easier to do it this way. Let's say you want to reply to both parts of his post, but you want to reply to each paragraph in it's own quote box. Copy that whole shebang and paste it right underneath. Like so: 

13NoFormattingQuoteDouble_zps780f8b84.pn

Now, you wanted to reply to each paragraph, and copying and pasting it just to leave the whole thing there makes no sense, right? Edit out what you want from each quote box.

14NoFormattingQuoteEdit_zps7a1af130.png

Let's kick it up a notch! Bam! (Emeril Lagasse is deh bomb)

Now you have to add your replies, which is simple. As long as you know how to spell *looks at some of you*

15NoFormattingQuoteReplies_zpsf6f35c02.p

See the toggle button in a red circle again? Once you write your reply, go ahead and click that to make sure everything looks pretty. 

Which I can tell you right now, it won't. Doing it this way, while easier imo, for some reason doesn't take well to line breaks. 

16NowFormattedQuoteReplies_zpsb96e3f69.p

Just place your cursor at the end of the sentence before your next quote and hit enter once or twice. 

17NowFormattedQuoteReplieswithSpace_zps5

See all that sexy white space now? You're done! Hit post. :smile:

Archived