DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you start out with the assumption that everyone is scum how do you figure out who to vote?

That's a good one. 

OHHOHOH!!!! I went to pee for a minute and thought about the question when I realised the purpose of it! Good one guys, it makes even more sense when added with the fact that I think both of your are scummy.

If I bloody tell you how I hunt scum and justify townies, then the mafia will know it aswell. Which means it won't WORK anymore, now would it? Good job guys, almost had me there.

Because Cloud feigns his ignorance so obvious, I will clarify it for you.

Nolder/Cloud wants to know how I hunt scum.

I accidentaly tell them how i hunt scum.

The mafia now knows how I hunt scum.

I'm not able to hunt scum anymore.

That would have happened if I actually answered your question properly.

Arez, I like that I'm the only one yuo find scummy that you don't add a reason why you find so *nods* Nice sheep. Especially since I'm "Scum so far" while the others are "scummy". And, uhm, I don't get why it's problematic to say how you measure people. I know you're probably gonna use me saying that as just another reason why I'm scum though. Since Nol, Cloud and I are so invincible that we tie ourself together this clearly on D1 and all.

How is your method of hunting scum so extremely different from what everyone else does? Scumhunting comes down tot he basic principles: analyze what people are saying and doing, who they're interacting with, and how they react under pressure.

Arez, I like that I'm the only one yuo find scummy that you don't add a reason why you find so *nods* Nice sheep. Especially since I'm "Scum so far" while the others are "scummy". And, uhm, I don't get why it's problematic to say how you measure people. I know you're probably gonna use me saying that as just another reason why I'm scum though. Since Nol, Cloud and I are so invincible that we tie ourself together this clearly on D1 and all.

:smile:

How is your method of hunting scum so extremely different from what everyone else does? Scumhunting comes down tot he basic principles: analyze what people are saying and doing, who they're interacting with, and how they react under pressure.

Let me answer your question with another question.

If you believe my scumhunting can't be different, why did Nolder ask the question?

Curiosity about how other people play the game? I find it super fascinating how Darthe i.e. explains what he looks for and how he draws his conclusions, no matter wich team I'm on or even if I'm playing in that game or not.

Then it doesn't matter. I simply start with the assumption that everyone is scum. Then I go about eliminating people from that list until there are few left.

Others probably start with the assumption that everyone is town. Then go about eliminating people from that list until there are few left.

To redirect attention from your previous posts, to those of your recent ones.

I don't understand why you said this. I wasn't asking you what you think I did/was attempting to do.

Ofcourse you should be casing other players. Although as you can notice, people still want propper answers to their quarries.

You're contradicting yourself now. You say now that I should be casing other players but when I attempted to do just that you called it out as a distraction tactic. Which is it Arez? Am I allowed to say things about other players or should I just shut up and follow wherever it is you think I should be led?

The same way you figure out who is scum by starting with the sentiment "everyone is town".

And...how is that exactly? And to be clear I don't come into games with assumptions about players like that. Everyone starts out neutral and I judge them on their actions (or sometimes non actions).

OHHOHOH!!!! I went to pee for a minute

I'm taking a break, starting to get boring.

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

To redirect attention from your previous posts, to those of your recent ones.

Ofcourse you should be casing other players. Although as you can notice, people still want propper answers to their quarries.

Posted Today, 08:10 AM

That's 29 minutes FYI.

and thought about the question when I realised the purpose of it! Good one guys, it makes even more sense when added with the fact that I think both of your are scummy.

My purpose was to show you your method is bad and you should feel bad.

If I bloody tell you how I hunt scum and justify townies, then the mafia will know it aswell. Which means it won't WORK anymore, now would it? Good job guys, almost had me there.

Let me tell you how I hunt scum. I talk as much as possible and sometimes I grill people. I look at how that person reacts and how others react to them and to me. I also look to see whether peoples actions match their words. Uh oh I gave up my secrets! Your defense is absurd and your dodge of the question is noted.

Awww Nolder.. Do you think that asking me if you should "Shut up" will have an affect? If I told you I wanted you to shut up, would you even listen? Pointless question made to gather sympathi.

When you asked the question "Am I supposed to be talking about myself or casing other players?", I was currently undergoing the task of making a list for Cloud. When I posted it after your question, you got so sad that I didn't answer your question.

Hence my statement "Although as you can notice, people still want propper answers to their quarries". It wasn't a contradiction, merly an observation.

What I was bothered about is that, when you were getting heat for your previous posts, you tried to in someway get people to stop talking about it, instead of resolving the issue.

Because Cloud feigns his ignorance so obvious, I will clarify it for you.

Nolder/Cloud wants to know how I hunt scum.

I accidentaly tell them how i hunt scum.

The mafia now knows how I hunt scum.

I'm not able to hunt scum anymore.

That would have happened if I actually answered your question properly.

Except that that's not true at all. You're making up reasons in order to avoid answering the question. Bad ones at that.

First of all, you're formating was incredibly wierd, and I do not understand what the purpose of it was.

let me tell you how I hunt scum. I talk as much as possible and sometimes I grill people. I look at how that person reacts and how others react to them and to me. I also look to see whether peoples actions match their words. Uh oh I gave up my secrets! Your defense is absurd and your dodge of the question is noted.

Really. So you think you explained how you hunt scum? You didn't explain anything at all.

"I talk as much as possible and sometimes grill people" so what? 

"I look at how that person reacts and how others react to them and to me" so what? What is it you look for in the reactions? 

"I also look to see whether peoples actions match their words" And in which way would their actions match their words?

As you can see, nothing of what you wrote actually revealed how you hunt scum. And that's good, I don't want answers to the questions, they were merely there to show you that your statements explained nothing.

Except that that's not true at all. You're making up reasons in order to avoid answering the question. Bad ones at that.

Let me give you an answer that reveals just as much about how I hunt scum, as you revealed the way you hunt scum.

I observe what people say. I attempt to make them slip. I note the results. I form an opinion.

If you believe my scumhunting can't be different, why did Nolder ask the question?

My purpose was to show you your method is bad and you should feel bad.

Or to restate it without memefying it, to show that your "method" leads you to a scenario where you can't be expected to treat all players objectively because there is no way to distinguish one from another except the few you may or may not have isolated as "town". If you are voting for reasons other than gameplay what you're effectively doing is guessing. This leaves me with three possibilities. Either you haven't thought this through (in which case I hope to show you your error), You're lying, or you're scum and you just made the whole thing up.

Or, to specify.

If you have the belief that scumhunting only can be done in one way. Why even bother wondering how I'm doing it?

Questions aren't always about the answers in mafia. Often they are rhetorical or used merely to gauge reaction. You know this and your avoidance of the topic does not bode well IMO.

>My purpose was to show you your method is bad and you should feel bad.

Or to restate it without memefying it, to show that your "method" leads you to a scenario where you can't be expected to treat all players objectively because there is no way to distinguish one from another except the few you may or may not have isolated as "town". If you are voting for reasons other than gameplay what you're effectively doing is guessing. This leaves me with three possibilities. Either you haven't thought this through (in which case I hope to show you your error), You're lying, or you're scum and you just made the whole thing up.

I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

can you clarify the bolded section?

Awww Nolder.. Do you think that asking me if you should "Shut up" will have an affect? If I told you I wanted you to shut up, would you even listen? Pointless question made to gather sympathi.

Continue to dodge the question, maybe this time no one will notice you do it.

When you asked the question "Am I supposed to be talking about myself or casing other players?", I was currently undergoing the task of making a list for Cloud. When I posted it after your question, you got so sad that I didn't answer your question.

You misunderstand (I suspect purposely). The dodge was not that you posted a list for Cloud. The dodge was you deciding to "take a break". Why even bother to tell anyone? No one cares what you're doing outside the game unless you don't post for a very long time (days).

Hence my statement "Although as you can notice, people still want propper answers to their quarries". It wasn't a contradiction, merly an observation.

The contradiction is that you claim to expect people to case others but when they do you call it a distraction tactic. Ithi is doing the same thing although she hasn't claimed to expect people to case as far as I can recall.

What I was bothered about is that, when you were getting heat for your previous posts, you tried to in someway get people to stop talking about it, instead of resolving the issue.

In what way did I ever try to shut down a conversation? About me or otherwise?

Archived