DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

Just so it's said in case anyone thought otherwise: I don't think Ithi is mafia, just a townie barking up the wrong tree. ------- And Ed, atm I expect to end up dead yes, since the spotlight has been on my for almost 20 pages. Doesn't bother me; just stating fact.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using my last post, where I broke up Turin's post AND kept his time timestamps. This is different from my first example, because while I kept Roo's timestamps, I simply copied his short post. 

I did shorten Turin's post for training purposes, but the same concept still applies. If you need to break up a MASSIVE post by one person, do the following. 

So, let's just pretend this was Turin's full post.

21NormalQuote_zpsdc272c08.png

Here comes the brunt of your work. It's not very smart to copy extremely large posts and edit out 90% of the content just to keep the quote tags.

So, you're going to have to copy the quote tags and section off the post. 

22NoFormattingQuote-PreparetoCopy_zpsacf

Now, this also means you'll have to add in the end quote tags! 

Finally, it's easier if you include a "spacing word" to help you keep track of where you sectioned off a quote. This also comes in handy later when you are writing out replies. 

Confused? See below. 

23CopyingtheQuoteTags_zpsfeacc1e1.png

Ruh oh. The circle is back! That's right, it's toggle time! 
Notice again how the spaces seem to disappear. Bad line breaks. 
Remember the first example, where you had to add the spaces after the first reply, to push the next quote a line down? 
Most of the time, I also like adding a space before the reply, but right after the quote. 

24ToggleandEdit_zps0107282f.png

It's a personal preference, but I think it looks more readable. 
So, go ahead and add your spaces where you like. 

25EndofReplyBox_zps06cce277.png

OH NOES!  :wacko:
There seems to be a problem. There's no space to write your last reply! In fact, if you try to click, you'll write in TURIN'S quote box, making it look like HE wrote YOUR reply. 
There is an easy fix to this, though! In fact, there are two ways to go about it. 

The first is simple. Once you click, and your cursor comes into his quote box, HIT ENTER TWICE. Your cursor should automatically move out of his quote box after the second time you hit enter. (The first time, it will try and make a line break in his quote box. Ignore that.)

Now, write your reply! 

26HitEnterTwice_zps156176a1.png

But, sometimes, sometimes DM doesn't like you. And instead of popping out of the quote box, it will seem to replicate tons of empty quote boxes from the last quote. It is rather annoying. But, we all learned how to toggle, so that is what you do. 
Toggle and add a spacing word. 

27ToggleandAddSpacingWord_zps2e2f9c16.pn

Then, you toggle back and finish your reply the same way you learned from previous examples. 

Good job Len, a whole post of prodding others without having to add in your own thoughts. Why are so many doing this? I can think of Roo, Arez and Len on top of my head. Been in the game today, commented, but not taking a stance on the most active issue; am I scum or not?

Hmm what im sorry? I couldnt hear you over the sound of your BS hitting the fan. I believe I did voice my own opinions. I voiced the opinion that Clouds statements are weak. I voiced the fact that Darthe told us scenes should be read. I voiced the opinion that I agree with Ithi that people should get of their lazy arses and look for what they want.

If thats not afew opinions/thoughts right there then Eds not really a monkey.

So Eddie, you edited all those posts so you could make your quote class? Now IIRC most of them were originally spam so the Changes were probably for the better but you must admit it is a bit odd.

And who do you think is mafia?

Uhhh, no. That wasn't what the experiment is for. Your post quoting it just came in handy for the class, which I made because I agreed with Noldy's sentiment about people using colors. It's annoying as hell. 

At the moment, I don't know. I don't think Ithi has a point too much about Mish over-justifying her joke vote in her original post, but as time went on, she did seem to be scrambling. And her, "oh, I'm already dead bit" is just a stupid. It's either a bad town thing to say (because it implies giving up) or a scum thing to say (because she wants sympathy and making it out that there is a massive witch hunt on her when at the moment, it's not a big deal). 

Official Vote Count 3:

Cloud (1/10): Mish
Dap (1/10): Chuckles
Mish (1/10): Ithi
Ithi (2/10): Ed, Cloud
Arez (1/10): Len
Roo (1/10): Talya
Chuckles (2/10): Turin, RTE
Talya (1/10): Rand
Nol (2/10): Arez, Maw
Maw (1/10): Nol

Not voting (5/18):

ruh, dice, snow, dap, ley

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Setting a Deadline.  72 hours from now, which is 12 Midnight on 3/30, EST.  

So it isn't a threat it is a promise.

/eyeroll

It's an observation.

>You just set yourself up for a frame job if mafia should decide to try to kill Ithi tonight.

Wouldn't bother me if the mafia killed Ithi.

For one she is way off on me and likely Mish too.

Secondly I have no idea right now whether she's mafia or not so if she were to die that's one less person I gotta figure out.

Not to tell mafia their business but if I was with them I'd advocate killing Maw or John. Ithi is on the wrong track so leaving her alive would be detrimental to town. It wouldn't help them at all to kill her and try to frame me unless they think I have a power role for some reason.

On the other hand killing Maw or John would net the town next to zero information while bringing the mafia one kill closer to winning.

If it's a shot in the dark anyway why kill someone who has posts that can be analyzed?

And on that note Unvote Vote Maw

He either needs to start posting more ASAP or I say we lynch him.

The bolded part - you're trying to tell mafia their business...really!!! Can't you see the QT, or maybe can but can't write there. These sentances just seem really an odd thing to say. Why actually say this? Sounds like you are hinting at someone. 

Then you saw killing John or Maw would give the town no info, and then you vote for one of them. It's been said before about this I know. 

So if they will give us no info, what would be the point in lynching them at this stage, we could end up a townie with no info, surely better to kill a townie and have info, or better still kill a mafia and have info! If this was a pressure vote, then say so. After all that is being said that is the best you can come up with.

I'm Mafia because I'm 'pushing' a Mish Lynch.

I don't recall pushing for her Lynch and I don't think anyone else is voting for her. I do think my vote on her worried a lot of people when really, it's just a single vote.

But since then I've several people come out and attack me and name me Mafia. And all because I placed my single vote on a person who I believe is Mafia.

Or maybe some didn't like your play and thought it iodd. I find it very blinkered that you focus on Mish being linked to all, I see you grasping at straws at this point. I know I have no idea what Mish is, so know your reasoning is wrong. I didn't like something of the things you said. And as a first vote I don't really take much notice of them on day one, (unless something odd happens) so I didn't even realise you had a vote on Mish. After two pages, you believed she was Mafia? Yeah right! BS. You might think it now, but not at the beginning, you wouldn't have a clue!

Nolder and Talya and You ALL attacked me after I voted Mish.

I didn't vote her because she made an alleged Joke Vote. I voted her because I think she is Mafia.

And you didn't attack anyone did you, put stuff out there and expect it, so stop the wounded message that seems to be coming across. You attacked me too...and, you reap what you sow! 

As for the alleged  joke vote, I see nothing wrong with the votes between Mish and Cloud and people trying to pull it apart is quite desperate  However the response to it from both cloud and Mish was interesting. A little too defensive of each other. Clouds reasoning on why he thought Mish was town, was a little naff to be honest, either you feel she is town at that point or you don't, but to say "she's hard to read" means you don't know...why not saying that? Or are you being over protective for some reason. Mish coming in and adding her two pennies worth was also suspicious. Too much reaction over a joke vote!

There are a myriad on tiny little things that people say and do - to distract, try and lead you away from the truth. When they are trying to hide the things they say feel glassy and harsh. Far to bright. Like a fake smile or an over cheerful voice. My reasons for voting Mish were exactly what I said they were. They led me to believe she is Mafia. Then smallest thing is all it takes sometimes. It's difficult to explain.

And all the stick beating I've had since then has only strengthened my view.

So your reason for voting for Mish was as you said on Day 2, before anyone had really said anything. (in purple). Then (in brown) you say that people led you to believe she was mafia, so in those first two pages please show me where people led you to believe she was mafia. Or are you actually saying, is that she was a joke vote and then you thought people's reactions to her made you think you were right? Or maybe because you are both Mafia, then you would have known when you first placed the vote! you say two different things here, which is it?

Ithi is applying pressure all around the block, tweaking noses, waiting for mafia to make mistakes. She's following her town meta exactly. So why are you trying to discredit her? Are you scared that she's gonna root out your teammates early? Want to get a power player out of the game as soon as possible?

It's disturbing that you (among others) seem to think it's ok, even good, for Ithi to "tweak noses" but jump to her defense when someone tweaks her back. It's day 1 and she is not clear. She's as open for prodding for reactions as anyone else.

You, Ithi, Turin, Arez, and anyone else who thinks otherwise can take your idiotic case of "distracting town from a case" and "derailing lynches" and turn it right back on yourselves because that's exactly what you are doing.

Not sure who the first quote is. I think that those that follow meta so tightly are more likely to get caught up in that and miss the real mafia, Meta is not the be all and end all, it helps, but look at then game and what is actually said!

As for Nol - How is any derailing of any lynches happening, there is nothing close to a lynch, two people have 2 votes...wow! besides, it not always distracting town, use the information they provide, if they are mafia, it will out them, or it might actually bring the mafia out. I do however agree with your first sentence, if you beat the grass expect it to be beaten back, that's what mafia is all about and those that came to the defence of Ithi, could well be the ones who are mafia. They would know if she was town, and so could be buddying up to her with the "she is following her town meta exactly!" 

here you advocate doing the mafia's work for them, You can hide behind a "policy" lynch to off a potential townie. Then you can kill another inactive during the night and town is back to D1 all over again. Then you can say "oh looky looky, Ithi didn't get killed. She must be mafia."

First of all don't blame for the situation other players are putting us in. It's not my fault these people aren't posting. Maw is starting to come around which is good and why I said we should probably give them the weekend but I would definitely like to see him comment more on the game at large rather than just attack me before I let him off the hook. Now, as I'm sure you know, mafia and town have two different motivations for wanting to kill innactive players. Mafia wants to kill them to give town zero information. Town wants to kill them because it is bad to let them live regardless of whether they are mafia or town. If they're mafia they're lurking and getting a free pass through the game. They aren't being pressured and there's no way to read them through association. If they're town and if the mafia don't kill them they are dangerous the longer they live. A lurker getting to endgame can wreck it for town because whoever is left wont have any read on them and is more susceptible to the mafia manipulating them against the lurker. TL;DR lurkers need to be forced active or killed.

Archived