DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

"I look at how that person reacts and how others react to them and to me" so what? What is it you look for in the reactions?

Well lies or misinformation are usually the easiest to spot. Logical fallacies if I can spot them. Rolefishing. Ummm maybe role tells as well. When I'm hunting I don't just look for scum. Sometimes I challenge myself to find roles like the cop or doctor as well. I don't think I've ever been successful at that unfortunately. I don't claim to be a good player lol.

"I also look to see whether peoples actions match their words" And in which way would their actions match their words?

Saying someone is scummy and voting for them. It's a newbie mistake that a lot of non newbies make while playing mafia to say their partners look scummy without ever voting them.

As you can see, nothing of what you wrote actually revealed how you hunt scum. And that's good, I don't want answers to the questions, they were merely there to show you that your statements explained nothing.

I'm sorry you didn't understand and I hope my clarifications helped.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me give you an answer that reveals just as much about how I hunt scum, as you revealed the way you hunt scum.

I observe what people say. I attempt to make them slip. I note the results. I form an opinion.

Indeed. But my question was what do you do when it comes time to vote. I wasn't asking what leads you to your opinions.

I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

can you clarify the bolded section?

Of course. 18 players in this game right? You're starting with the assumption that they are all scum. Over the course of a game day you think to yourself that you've found...let's say 12 town players. Well over half the game. Because you are just that good. Ok great. Now when it comes time to actually lynch someone how do you choose between them?

So, in essence, the way you're scum hunting is that you wait for a slip to happen?

That's to easy, I always assume that scum know what they're doing, they don't just bloody slip like that.

Umm not entirely but that's definitely part of it. Also even players that know what they are doing make mistakes. Part of being human.

I vote for the person who seems scummiest to me (based on the "scumhunting" I've done).

Being realistic you're going to have maybe found, in your own mind, three or four town players today at the most. And the rest are scum? What makes one player any more scummy than the next? Their actions? Well then you might as well not be making the assumption that all players are scum and just judge everyone on their merits like everyone else.

I vote for the person who seems scummiest to me (based on the "scumhunting" I've done).

Being realistic you're going to have maybe found, in your own mind, three or four town players today at the most. And the rest are scum? What makes one player any more scummy than the next? Their actions? Well then you might as well not be making the assumption that all players are scum and just judge everyone on their merits like everyone else.

I simply find it easier this way. I know who I have cleared, and I know who I haven't. There are no neutral people for me. If you're not posting enough, you are detrimental to town. Anyone being detrimental to town is helping mafia. Everyone who is helping mafia is scum.

Saying someone is neutral just because they haven't posted much is wrong to me. Either they are helpful to town, and therefore townies. Or they're hurting town, and therefore scum. 

Nol, you say you sometimes look for roles such as doc or cop. Is this when town? I am sure when mafia you would be looking to spot town power roles to put them on the mafia hit list. This is another reason why town role hinting is bad btw.

Also cloud, you stated that you are POSITIVE that Ithi is mafia. Aside from my opinion that you are wrong, no one is sure on day 1. And it is generally the mafia that speak in absolutes.

unvote vote cloud

Nol, you say you sometimes look for roles such as doc or cop. Is this when town?

Yeah as town. Specifically vanilla town is actually what I meant. Power roles should absolutely be trying to find other power roles. If a doc can peg a cop without either having to claim that's a solid lead.

Also cloud, you stated that you are POSITIVE that Ithi is mafia. Aside from my opinion that you are wrong, no one is sure on day 1. And it is generally the mafia that speak in absolutes.

Never mind the fact that's exactly what Ithi has been doing the entire game lol.

I simply find it easier this way. I know who I have cleared, and I know who I haven't. There are no neutral people for me. If you're not posting enough, you are detrimental to town. Anyone being detrimental to town is helping mafia. Everyone who is helping mafia is scum.

Saying someone is neutral just because they haven't posted much is wrong to me. Either they are helpful to town, and therefore townies. Or they're hurting town, and therefore scum.

It's always so funny to me when people try to argue with me and end up agreeing with what I've been saying anyway. Arez please note who I have my vote on and why.

Nol, can you show where Ithi said she was positive, certain, etc... That mish or anyone else is mafia?

Post #31 "Nolder is mafia too". Not might be, not could be, -is-.

Post #52 "It's amazing how many times the Mafia Team will try and use the Turin & Ithi show to distract people from their own mistakes. Apparently that never gets tired." Referring to my post (#50).

Post #202 "Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game. " The mafia.

Post #208 "Basically it's because he is Mafia." He -is- mafia.

Post #225 "I cannot vote for two people, even if they are both Mafia. " -Are- both mafia.

Post #231 "Also why would anyone be annoyed about me calling the Mafia out for poor play." The mafia.

Question: Is there anyway to get every post one person has made in a thread? Or do I have to manually go from the beggining and check through every page?

Not that I know of. I have been looking for such a method for forever.

If you start out with the assumption that everyone is scum how do you figure out who to vote?

That's a good one. 

OHHOHOH!!!! I went to pee for a minute and thought about the question when I realised the purpose of it! Good one guys, it makes even more sense when added with the fact that I think both of your are scummy.

If I bloody tell you how I hunt scum and justify townies, then the mafia will know it aswell. Which means it won't WORK anymore, now would it? Good job guys, almost had me there.

I... uh... what... I'm sorry, did that make sense to anyone else?

That almost makes sense, but not really. Even completely legimate paranoia factored in. This entire scene just rubs me the wrong way, honestly. Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Do you really think the scum are fishing for the ways people scumhunt? Have you ever seen someone fish for them before? Are arez and nol running a very confusing gambit of some kind?

Question: Is there anyway to get every post one person has made in a thread? Or do I have to manually go from the beggining and check through every page?

I'm like 90% sure there is but I forget/don't know how to do it because if I'm rereading all of a persons posts I prefer reading them in context.

There isn't. There used to be, on olllld DM. There was a button where you could open the WHOLE thread in a new tab, and just search that person's handle to see each of their posts. 

I forgot to mention that I don't quite agree with this. BUT, I think it was Cloud who made the point that this is the weekend. EASTER WEEKEND, nonetheless. Voting for inactivity on Day 1 on a holiday weekend? No good.

By all means call someone out for inactivity (especially if its unusual for them) but voting them? I don't think so.

I did make the point of this being the weekend. You should read the two WoTs I have posted prior to the argument with Ithi. 

Uhh, dude. I read them, I just didn't remember who actually made the point. This part of your post is just useless. 

Why are you trying to make it seem like I didn't read?

Because Cloud feigns his ignorance so obvious, I will clarify it for you.

Nolder/Cloud wants to know how I hunt scum.

I accidentaly tell them how i hunt scum.

The mafia now knows how I hunt scum.

I'm not able to hunt scum anymore.

That would have happened if I actually answered your question properly.

This. Is. Dumb. Arez, someone mentioned that at it's basics, scum hunting is the same. People look at other people's actions and judge them. Unless you've got some super secret squirrel power, just stahp. 

Wow.. I made the list for Cloud. He wanted a Full list. I wasn't in a mood to finish the complete list, so I decided to post what I had so far. 

I wrote that I decided to take a break from making the list so no one would need to ask why I'm not finishing it.

You still haven't finished the list? 

Arez i want the last 10 minutes of my life back!   you started out with a list and ure thoughts and i was interested to see what you had to say. I do think assuming everyone is mafia is doing things the hard way but thats up to you.

Then you went weird. between you and nol    mostly you   i now have a head spin trying to figure out what the heck you were saying.

Clear  Concise   do you understand these words?

@Ed: It looks like I only quoted one part of your original post.. >.>

By all means call someone out for inactivity (especially if its unusual for them) but voting them? I don't think so.

I forgot to mention that I don't quite agree with this. BUT, I think it was Cloud who made the point that this is the weekend. EASTER WEEKEND, nonetheless. Voting for inactivity on Day 1 on a holiday weekend? No good.

>I understood what Cloud was saying initially in defence of Mish, though I don't think it necessarily makes Ithi mafia, in fact I'm getting quite a strong town read on her.

I pretty much agree with this. I'm not sure how he gets that it makes Ithi mafia, and that is the part that makes him look scummy, imo.

The "you should read the two WoTs I have posted prior to the argument with Ithi" was a response to the bolded part in your quote ^

TBH there is probably only one or two scum involved in all this at most. If I was scum I would stay as far away from the heat as possible. I'm more suspicious of the people who are posting but kind of skirting the edges of the conversation than anyone else atm. I still like my vote on Maw though because, while he's started posting more he hasn't said much of what he thinks about the game at large. He seems to only be focused in on a few specific arguments.

Official Vote Count 4:

Cloud (3/10): Mish, Ed, Turin

Dap (1/10): Chuckles

Mish (1/10): Ithi

Ithi (1/10): Cloud

Arez (1/10): Len

Roo (1/10): Talya

Chuckles (1/10): RTE

Talya (1/10): Rand

Nol (2/10): Arez, Maw

Maw (1/10): Nol

Not voting (5/18):