A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talya:

Your posts are hard to read. :tongue:

Noldy's vote on Maw was a pressure vote. That part was clear. But he was pressuring for activity, which was a lame excuse, and overall a lame vote. 

NOLDY

I agree about lurkers being more and more detrimental as time goes on. Not a good vote on D1, really. 

So why vote them now? trying to get someone out in the lead as the leading vote getter so that the sheep will follow?

Kind of yes but not in the way that you mean. I wanted to start a train and build some pressure. If they ARE lurking they'll see it and the closer to deadline it gets the more they'll sweat. It'll turn into a game of chicken at that point and IMO even if the player is legitimately absent they still need to be killed just on the chance that they are there. I voted them now because voting them later is useless unless we're intending to kill them which I wasn't yet.

Is Noldy doing that annoying thing where he replies to only one post at a time?
I think he needs to read my classes so he can reply properly. 

Replying to single posts is just as annoying as using ten different colors in one quote box. :mad: 

Finally, your method of breaking apart the quotes means that neither the person being quoted nor the timestamp is not present. So people do not know that the last quote was from Roo and not from me.

You're right I'm sorry. I'm having a hell of a time even posting right now. The quote buttons aren't working. The quick reply box isn't working. More Reply Options works...maybe 10% of the time I try to click it. Which is how I have to post. For some reason if you type in the quick reply box and go to more options you can post from that page. But sometimes it doesn't work at all and just gives server error messages so I have to switch the theme to DM mobile which works a bit better (maybe 25% of the time?) but then it's hard to read and navigate so I have to switch back when I'm done posting. It's a real hassle and I'm sorry it's causing me to quote/post in chunks like this but it's either that or just don't post.

Ahh, that's the way my brain works when typing...but not hard to work out. And I check for spellings so it's the words slightly wrong (but spelt right), trouble is I can read through it and still see what I wanted to say, I have the problem all the time, can't help it so you will have to get used to it...sorry

I support this. Go back and look for yourself if you wanna know something. Do alittle footwork. Town should have no problem doing some footwork if they think it will catch scum.

While you're right that town should getting information for themselves and rereading and all that town should also be willing to repeat their cases a reasonable number of times at request. Doing so can eke out new information and cause a mafia to slip up. So IMO this attitude is partially right and partially wrong. Ithi should be willing to repeat her case and Dice should probably reread it anyway. This is Lenlo I'm replying to now btw not Turin.

Finally, your method of breaking apart the quotes means that neither the person being quoted nor the timestamp is not present. So people do not know that the last quote was from Roo and not from me.

You're right I'm sorry. I'm having a hell of a time even posting right now. The quote buttons aren't working. The quick reply box isn't working. More Reply Options works...maybe 10% of the time I try to click it. Which is how I have to post. For some reason if you type in the quick reply box and go to more options you can post from that page. But sometimes it doesn't work at all and just gives server error messages so I have to switch the theme to DM mobile which works a bit better (maybe 25% of the time?) but then it's hard to read and navigate so I have to switch back when I'm done posting. It's a real hassle and I'm sorry it's causing me to quote/post in chunks like this but it's either that or just don't post.

Ah. You are excused for now.

It's cool Talya. It's because I am tired. Usually I am fine deciphering your posts. :laugh:

Just to be clear and get it out of the way the next few quotes are from Talya until I say otherwise.

The bolded part - you're trying to tell mafia their business...really!!! Can't you see the QT, or maybe can but can't write there. These sentances just seem really an odd thing to say. Why actually say this? Sounds like you are hinting at someone.

The thing is if they aren't totally incompetent they would have already known this. If they didn't know then yeah I gave up a small advantage we may have had but really? If they didn't know I don't feel bad for telling them because that's something they should have known and I'd rather play against players who know what they are doing. Also I hadn't considered that it looks like hinting until you brought it up. I can't exactly take it back now but for what it's worth (probably nothing) I wasn't hinting anything. I'm not a Symp.

As for Nol - How is any derailing of any lynches happening, there is nothing close to a lynch, two people have 2 votes...wow! besides, it not always distracting town, use the information they provide, if they are mafia, it will out them, or it might actually bring the mafia out. I do however agree with your first sentence, if you beat the grass expect it to be beaten back, that's what mafia is all about and those that came to the defence of Ithi, could well be the ones who are mafia. They would know if she was town, and so could be buddying up to her with the "she is following her town meta exactly!"

Yeah, pretty much what I said earlier. Ithi and her gang don't seem to realize they're doing the exact same thing they're demonizing others for.

Re: Lurkers are a good vote but not on day 1 argument made by Ed and Talya. If not now, when? the problem gets worse and worse as time goes on. It gets harder to justify lynching a lurker when you start to have obviously scummy players who need lynching first. The earlier lurkers are dealt with the better. Always.

I have to disagree. I don't think it's ever too late. :baalzamon: 

Really, though, you do kind of have a point with other players being scummy. But in that sense, you'd only be able to go after one person on D1. It's never really a good time. It just depends on what is going on in the game. 

Archived