DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

You had no reason to think either of us was mafia is my point.

Trying to distract from that point by making a bogus the claim that because I use the word mafia in a game of mafia that somehow means I have sinister intent is laughably transparent as is the obviously false claim that I was referring to you as mafia.

You're backing yourself into a corner by being obstinate and...what would be the British way of saying it? Cheeky?

Regardless you're making bad arguments and they'll bring you down if you continue down this path.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like there being an unfinished game.

You could always read it and find out for yourself.

Or you could take 10 seconds and tell me.

It's Mafia, love. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

*looks at RTE saying this*

*looks at Lenlo*

*looks at RTE again*

What did I just hear?

okay, Page 11 things finally get rolling.

Chuckles links Ithi and Nol. Turin turns on Chuckles.

Page 12 Talya leads off with some pokes at IThi. Ithi continues her 'Everyone is mafioso' standard. RTE climbs in with Ithi and Turin to vote Chuckles.

The Mish-Talya-Ithi triangle escalates.People are STILL freaking out about Tal's exclamation marks. I thought we settled that last game.Apparently they're a mafia tell? Ithi continues to hone in on Mish, despite sparring with Talya. Mish has no feels for anyone despite calling out Talya and Ithi. Turin continues to push Talya with the first multicolord WoT.

Rand climbs on the Talya train as well. Everyone seems to think that there's some kind of Talya/Mish connection. Arez attacks Nolder for reaching on Ithi and unnessecary spammage. NOlder says that Arez is twisting his words. Nolder and TUrin debate the defenition of a joke vote. Ed continues to spam. Has he done much else? Cloud comes in to support Talya and attack Ithi.

What I said about the exclamation marks was a joke.

UNofficial vote Count

Cloud - 1 ( Mish )

Dap - 1 ( Chuckles )

Mish - 1 (Ithi )

Ithi 2 - (Eddie, Cloud )

Turin - 1 (Nol )

Nolder - 1 ( Arez )

Arez - 1 (Len )

Roo - 1 (Talya)

Maw - 1 ( Ley )

Chuckles - 2 ( Turin, RTE )

Talya - 1 ( Rand )

Not voting  5 ( Roo, Maw, Dice, Snow, Dap )

With 18 alive it is 10 to lynch.

Presently no Deadline

If I have missed anything let me know

Also could the following people clarify if their votes are Joke votes:

Chuckles

Eddie

Lenlo

Talya

Ley

My vote was a joke vote, so I'll unvote now. I wont vote someone else as I'm not really sure of anyone, so I'll watch the more interesting discussions that you have (like the one between Nolder and Ithi just above), and put in a reply if I see something I find worth noting. I won't have the time to do WoT cases like Dap does though, because of school and such bullshit. Oh, how I wish I had the time for it...

Mish and I always vote for each other when we are in a game together, because we are bonded. You guys are looking way too much into it. It isn't that you voted each other, It is the way it was done. the need that Mish had to put a "justification" for the vote is what rings untrue. And to top it off used phrasing to suggest she wasn't mafia. It wasn't a justification, because there is no need for such a thing when you make a joke vote. It was just a joke.

I find Ithi the most scummy player so far because at the start of the game she linked Mish and Nolder together (without any evidence) because he voted for Turin, and then continues with the linking untill now and even adds Talya into it. Ithi's reasoning for voting for Mish was that she found it odd that Mish didn't remember me being the Symp, and that she is over excited. FYI Mish was just making a joke, and it shouldn't be read any differently. Ithi had a back and forth with Nolder regarding a previous Mafia game, and she cased Talya a lot but didn't remove her vote from Mish. Ithi isn't commiting to her casing on Talya even though she has a stronger read on her, and that is scummy play. It is a common tactic for mafia to indirectly divert attention from a teammate by voting someone else. And why would a teammate be so quick with diverting attention because of only one weak vote? More importantly, have you considered the possiblity that Nolder just voted for you because of the things he said he did (you being paranoid)? That is what IMO nolder was doing and Ithi seems to have picked up the same thing. How do you know that Mish was just making a joke. Because I know when she is joking?? Your verbage is stating that as a FACT. Well it was pretty obvious. You can't possibly know unless she told you somewhere. The only valid place for that would be on a QT. Lol nice counter. How do you know that Ithi had a stronger read on Talya than on Mish? Just because you case more than one person doesn't mean that you are less sure of the person you already have a vote on. Her reasonings for believing that Talya is scum are, even though flawed, much better than her first vote on Mish. Nice job using scummy twice in the same paragraph. Thank you. 

three strikes and you are out. It looks very much like you are trying to get that one little real vote off of Mish. not sure why but it is interesting

In the process of looking these up I found something else that is sitting odd. back in a bit.

Why would a mafia player go to such lenghts to remove the first vote from a teammate? Also, a three strike rule has nothing to do with playing Mafia. Because mafia in general tend to be afraid of really strong players like Ithi. she has a history of leading a lot of lynches. People will tend to follow onto the trains she has led. By your logic the mafia team should start removing every single vote that Ithi casts on a teammate. I also know that Ithi is a very strong player, but still I find that situation unlikely. Three times trying to get someone to move a vote by asking them to vote their new case is a lot of work. Not if the reasoning to remove the vote is legitimate. Maybe mafia is trying to just get Mish thru today so she can get a town view from the cop and be clear for a while. 

>> 

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

This excuse for a mistake is used every single game without fail

what mistake?

Chuckles mentioned that Ithi and Nolder were distancing from each other, but later on he says that he was just kidding, but still finds the situation between those two weird. I agree with Turin that Chuckle's comment is non-commital and that he is now trying to backpedal his way out of it. FoS. Agreeing with me over a different read. okay. I'm not saying that you are scum; you can still have different reads on different players and it shouldn't be strange if I agree with you on one such read. 

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Lol are you even serious? LOL, are YOU serious? which bolded are you doubting anyway? Both If the first why do you disagree with the list? Because she is calling every player who got in the spotlight untill now scum! She can't possibly be serious about that. If the second do you remember that in three straight games she sussed out the GF or CL on D1? No I don't remember that. She is saying that Mish is a GF because she was confident with her first vote. That is no reason to think that someone has a PR, and if so it could as well be a Doc and not a GF. 

Mish can't remember that Cloud was Mafia? And she seems to be a little over excited.

Vote Mish

And we can edit. Excellent.

This is her reasoning for voting Mish and from this she thinks she is mafia? Really! she didn't say about Mish being mafia to begin with only until I started to say why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is as she said me and someone else was mafia. In fact after this she spams the thread a bit (after complaining this morning about it). Talya, what does this mean? Ithi placed this vote at the top of page 2. You hadn't even checked in yet? You have said that you haven't played wih her before so let me say this,(others can testify to my veracity) If Ithivotes for someone she believes them to be mafia unless she is mafia herself and I don't believe that in this game.

>>>He's picked me because he is not happy I have targetted Mish with my vote.

Also it is very easy distraction method. Try and make people look the other way so they don't notice what you are doing as much.

Basically it's because he is Mafia.

here is where she first mentions about Mish, I assumed she thought chuckles, if you read the area, so I can see where the confusion over her talking about chuckles or Nol, I think Mish mentioned it! 

The pot/kettle bit was you saying about Nol protecting Mish, when Turin comes straight on today and does the same for you... If you were confused about wether it was Nol or Chuckles how did you know it was time to use the pot/kettle line.

as for Ithi's play, just so you all get this... I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WITH HER BEFORE! ok? So when people are using that as part of a casing *looks at Rand* saying, that she always speaks like that in a game, I don't know, but even if she does, it seemed off to me...my point of view. Interesting. Off generally means out of character. If everyone that has been playing with her are saying that it is typical then how is it out of character?

Now I do find it interesting, that Ithi has laid the ground and others come straight in backing her up and accusing me! Doesn't mean she is mafia, but I bet at least one of those that have tried to make something out of this are. The others idea is plausible. mafia will follow onto someone they think could be an easy lynch

I agree with Talya. 

So. Unvote, Vote Ithi

Your agreement is noted.

You had no reason to think either of us was mafia is my point. Trying to distract from that point by making a bogus the claim that because I use the word mafia in a game of mafia that somehow means I have sinister intent is laughably transparent as is the obviously false claim that I was referring to you as mafia. You're backing yourself into a corner by being obstinate and...what would be the British way of saying it? Cheeky? Regardless you're making bad arguments and they'll bring you down if you continue down this path.

Also I agree with this. 

@Ley: lol, you are reading it wrong. I will edit it after breakfast, because I responded to Turin after each sentence, and if everything is bolded black, nobody knows what we said. 

Cloud agrees that I need to back off or I will be in trouble.

Interesting.

I think once my boys have gone to bed I will attempt to make a diagram of everyone who has nudged or threatened me - whilst defending someone else.

It will probably look a total mess, or maybe something wonderful like a final fantasy ability net.

Ithi I'm not doing this to be difficult, but I simply don't understand. Where did you get the "invincible" part from? I was excited for a Darthe game, I made a joke to my bonded, and that makes me invincible because...?

I don't mind being the center of attention, and I fully expect to end up dead today. I'm no great loss though, and it'll give town loads to work with tomorrow. So please keep on going, this is very interesting.

I'm not responding the hug WoT, it would get too confusing. As for the Pot/kettle thing Turin, it didn't matter who it was it was she called out someone for protecting Mish and defending her as you did to Ithi...And yet she doesn't call you out for it.

As for me using 'off' this again doesn't have to do with someone's style, but about what was said...something bugged me about it and I can't find the words to express it, so 'off' was good enough for me.

Explain 'dishonest'

Unless you're scum you really don't (or didn't, we're 17 pages in now so I hope you have some idea) have any idea whether Mish or myself are mafia so treating my vote as a "distraction tactic" is dishonest. It implies you know more than you should which either makes you mafia or, as I said, dishonest.

>Also there's at least a few people who know who is Town and who is Mafia and they would certainly try and use distraction.

Would they though? Or would they let you make a mountain out of a molehill and stay under the radar while two townies pick each other apart?

Scum know how to avoid trouble, town doesn't.

Actually, is depends who is town and who is mafia, because the getting out there and playing hard will depend on the person not necessarily their alignment. some will hide under the radar, whether town or mafia. 

@ Turin (I knew I forgot something) - As for the quote of Ithi's vote, doesn't matter I hadn't been on yet, look at what happened, if I was so concerned about it, why didn't I do something when I came on, oh wait I didn't, I joke voted, had a bit of banter, and didn't think anything of it. It was Ithi that actually started it all. so check the thread!

Ithi I'm not doing this to be difficult, but I simply don't understand. Where did you get the "invincible" part from? I was excited for a Darthe game, I made a joke to my bonded, and that makes me invincible because...? I don't mind being the center of attention, and I fully expect to end up dead today. I'm no great loss though, and it'll give town loads to work with tomorrow. So please keep on going, this is very interesting.

To summarise: Why me? Over justification and 'I'll be dead soon'

Ok.

@ Turin (I knew I forgot something) - As for the quote of Ithi's vote, doesn't matter I hadn't been on yet, look at what happened, if I was so concerned about it, why didn't I do something when I came on, oh wait I didn't, I joke voted, had a bit of banter, and didn't think anything of it. It was Ithi that actually started it all. so check the thread!

What are you going on about?

Didn't you keep telling me to change my vote? And I kept telling you I was already voting for someone I thought was Mafia. I also think other people are Mafia, but I don't intend to change my vote because a few people don't like it.

Mish and I always vote for each other when we are in a game together, because we are bonded. You guys are looking way too much into it. It isn't that you voted each other, It is the way it was done. the need that Mish had to put a "justification" for the vote is what rings untrue. And to top it off used phrasing to suggest she wasn't mafia. It wasn't a justification, because there is no need for such a thing when you make a joke vote. It was just a joke.

I find Ithi the most scummy player so far because at the start of the game she linked Mish and Nolder together (without any evidence) because he voted for Turin, and then continues with the linking untill now and even adds Talya into it. Ithi's reasoning for voting for Mish was that she found it odd that Mish didn't remember me being the Symp, and that she is over excited. FYI Mish was just making a joke, and it shouldn't be read any differently. Ithi had a back and forth with Nolder regarding a previous Mafia game, and she cased Talya a lot but didn't remove her vote from Mish. Ithi isn't commiting to her casing on Talya even though she has a stronger read on her, and that is scummy play. It is a common tactic for mafia to indirectly divert attention from a teammate by voting someone else. And why would a teammate be so quick with diverting attention because of only one weak vote? More importantly, have you considered the possiblity that Nolder just voted for you because of the things he said he did (you being paranoid)? That is what IMO nolder was doing and Ithi seems to have picked up the same thing. How do you know that Mish was just making a joke. Because I know when she is joking?? Your verbage is stating that as a FACT. Well it was pretty obvious. You can't possibly know unless she told you somewhere. The only valid place for that would be on a QT. Lol nice counter. How do you know that Ithi had a stronger read on Talya than on Mish? Just because you case more than one person doesn't mean that you are less sure of the person you already have a vote on. Her reasonings for believing that Talya is scum are, even though flawed, much better than her first vote on Mish. Nice job using scummy twice in the same paragraph. Thank you. 

>> 

three strikes and you are out. It looks very much like you are trying to get that one little real vote off of Mish. not sure why but it is interesting

In the process of looking these up I found something else that is sitting odd. back in a bit.

Why would a mafia player go to such lenghts to remove the first vote from a teammate? Also, a three strike rule has nothing to do with playing Mafia. Because mafia in general tend to be afraid of really strong players like Ithi. she has a history of leading a lot of lynches. People will tend to follow onto the trains she has led. By your logic the mafia team should start removing every single vote that Ithi casts on a teammate. I also know that Ithi is a very strong player, but still I find that situation unlikely. Three times trying to get someone to move a vote by asking them to vote their new case is a lot of work. Not if the reasoning to remove the vote is legitimate. Maybe mafia is trying to just get Mish thru today so she can get a town view from the cop and be clear for a while. 

&gt

>> 

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

This excuse for a mistake is used every single game without fail

what mistake?

Chuckles mentioned that Ithi and Nolder were distancing from each other, but later on he says that he was just kidding, but still finds the situation between those two weird. I agree with Turin that Chuckle's comment is non-commital and that he is now trying to backpedal his way out of it. FoS. Agreeing with me over a different read. okay. I'm not saying that you are scum; you can still have different reads on different players and it shouldn't be strange if I agree with you on one such read. 

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Lol are you even serious? LOL, are YOU serious? which bolded are you doubting anyway? Both If the first why do you disagree with the list? Because she is calling every player who got in the spotlight untill now scum! She can't possibly be serious about that. If the second do you remember that in three straight games she sussed out the GF or CL on D1? No I don't remember that. She is saying that Mish is a GF because she was confident with her first vote. That is no reason to think that someone has a PR, and if so it could as well be a Doc and not a GF. 

Mish can't remember that Cloud was Mafia? And she seems to be a little over excited.

Vote Mish

And we can edit. Excellent.

This is her reasoning for voting Mish and from this she thinks she is mafia? Really! she didn't say about Mish being mafia to begin with only until I started to say why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is as she said me and someone else was mafia. In fact after this she spams the thread a bit (after complaining this morning about it). Talya, what does this mean? Ithi placed this vote at the top of page 2. You hadn't even checked in yet? You have said that you haven't played wih her before so let me say this,(others can testify to my veracity) If Ithivotes for someone she believes them to be mafia unless she is mafia herself and I don't believe that in this game.

>>>>He's picked me because he is not happy I have targetted Mish with my vote.

Also it is very easy distraction method. Try and make people look the other way so they don't notice what you are doing as much.

Basically it's because he is Mafia.

here is where she first mentions about Mish, I assumed she thought chuckles, if you read the area, so I can see where the confusion over her talking about chuckles or Nol, I think Mish mentioned it! 

The pot/kettle bit was you saying about Nol protecting Mish, when Turin comes straight on today and does the same for you... If you were confused about wether it was Nol or Chuckles how did you know it was time to use the pot/kettle line.

as for Ithi's play, just so you all get this... I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WITH HER BEFORE! ok? So when people are using that as part of a casing *looks at Rand* saying, that she always speaks like that in a game, I don't know, but even if she does, it seemed off to me...my point of view. Interesting. Off generally means out of character. If everyone that has been playing with her are saying that it is typical then how is it out of character?

Now I do find it interesting, that Ithi has laid the ground and others come straight in backing her up and accusing me! Doesn't mean she is mafia, but I bet at least one of those that have tried to make something out of this are. The others idea is plausible. mafia will follow onto someone they think could be an easy lynch

I agree with Talya. 

So. Unvote, Vote Ithi

Your agreement is noted.

I have to edit that after breakfast, because when I quoted Turin his colour also disappeared in some parts... and it's unreadable right now. 

Fix it, I'm not even going to try and read that.

Archived