Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my 2c while im sober

ithi is off her meta imo

in the last dartge game i just kbew she was town. This game i dont feel it

im not sure enough to name her mafia but shes nagging at me

also clarifavtion. Talya uses ! S town and mafia. The difference is as mafia she uses it the way people ise jokes to slip in wifom and scummy udeas to see if they gloat

This strikes me as odd... The purpose of a joke vote is, as you said, to ease everyone into the game. But for some reason, you go on saying that joke votes aren't supposed to be joke votes, but should actually be treated like properly researched votes.

That isn't what I said at all. I said I think when people make really random votes they're doing it wrong. I don't mean to imply that the vote should be "researched" or logical but they should be grounded in the game so as to foster discussion. It's just my opinion but I don't think anyone cares whether you vote for someone because you haven't seen them in awhile. You can force discussion out of that if you try like saying well if you haven't seen them in awhile why would you want to vote them off so soon or somesuch but I feel that discussion comes easier if you joke vote people for things they have said or done in the game.

That's not true though. I could vote you for not using words with q in your posts for example. It is tied to the game directly and is obviously silly.

I have to agree with this part.  Noted

>...

How in the world does picking something so random and dumb lead to to valid discussion in the interest of finding mafia? your pushing this is a blatant attempt to distract the town with foolishness.  

turin im not sure you disagreeing with dap carries any weight. a) your biased b) you have said in the past that you arent good at reading ithi.  probably because of that bias.

however i do somewhat agree with you. She is doing what she normally does  she is just a little quieter then ive seen in the past.

@Ithi  I could be wrong about the nol thing. Ive seen you in a couple of games now and im sure ive seen someone in particular have a tendency to go back and forth with you early on. I thought that was Nol. maybe i was wrong.

Hello all.  Please continue unofficial vote counts until I return.  My sincere apologies for the absence, my computer has some seriously corrupt files that are interfering with basic usage.  Currently it will not even run the command prompt fully.  

So I am working on it and will be back as soon as I possibly can.  If this doesn't happen within a few days I will ask Lily to give the setup to another player who can take over.

Thank you for your patience and help.

Mish and I always vote for each other when we are in a game together, because we are bonded. You guys are looking way too much into it. It isn't that you voted each other, It is the way it was done. the need that Mish had to put a "justification" for the vote is what rings untrue. And to top it off used phrasing to suggest she wasn't mafia.

I find Ithi the most scummy player so far because at the start of the game she linked Mish and Nolder together (without any evidence) because he voted for Turin, and then continues with the linking untill now and even adds Talya into it. Ithi's reasoning for voting for Mish was that she found it odd that Mish didn't remember me being the Symp, and that she is over excited. FYI Mish was just making a joke, and it shouldn't be read any differently. Ithi had a back and forth with Nolder regarding a previous Mafia game, and she cased Talya a lot but didn't remove her vote from Mish. Ithi isn't commiting to her casing on Talya even though she has a stronger read on her, and that is scummy play. It is a common tactic for mafia to indirectly divert attention from a teammate by voting someone else. That is what IMO nolder was doing and Ithi seems to have picked up the same thing. How do you know that Mish was just making a joke. Your verbage is stating that as a FACT. You can't possibly know unless she told you somewhere. The only valid place for that would be on a QT. How do you know that Ithi had a stronger read on Talya than on Mish? Just because you case more than one person doesn't mean that you are less sure of the person you already have a vote on. Nice job using scummy twice in the same paragraph. 

three strikes and you are out. It looks very much like you are trying to get that one little real vote off of Mish. not sure why but it is interesting

In the process of looking these up I found something else that is sitting odd. back in a bit.

Why would a mafia player go to such lenghts to remove the first vote from a teammate? Also, a three strike rule has nothing to do with playing Mafia. Because mafia in general tend to be afraid of really strong players like Ithi. she has a history of leading a lot of lynches. People will tend to follow onto the trains she has led. Three times trying to get someone to move a vote by asking them to vote their new case is a lot of work. Maybe mafia is trying to just get Mish thru today so she can get a town view from the cop and be clear for a while.

>> 

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

This excuse for a mistake is used every single game without fail

what mistake?

Chuckles mentioned that Ithi and Nolder were distancing from each other, but later on he says that he was just kidding, but still finds the situation between those two weird. I agree with Turin that Chuckle's comment is non-commital and that he is now trying to backpedal his way out of it. FoS. Agreeing with me over a different read. okay.

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Lol are you even serious? LOL, are YOU serious? which bolded are you doubting anyway? If the first why do you disagree with the list? If the second do you remember that in three straight games she sussed out the GF or CL on D1?

Mish can't remember that Cloud was Mafia? And she seems to be a little over excited.

Vote Mish

And we can edit. Excellent.

This is her reasoning for voting Mish and from this she thinks she is mafia? Really! she didn't say about Mish being mafia to begin with only until I started to say why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is as she said me and someone else was mafia. In fact after this she spams the thread a bit (after complaining this morning about it). Talya, what does this mean? Ithi placed this vote at the top of page 2. You hadn't even checked in yet? You have said that you haven't played wih her before so let me say this,(others can testify to my veracity) If Ithivotes for someone she believes them to be mafia unless she is mafia herself and I don't believe that in this game.

>>He's picked me because he is not happy I have targetted Mish with my vote.

Also it is very easy distraction method. Try and make people look the other way so they don't notice what you are doing as much.

Basically it's because he is Mafia.

here is where she first mentions about Mish, I assumed she thought chuckles, if you read the area, so I can see where the confusion over her talking about chuckles or Nol, I think Mish mentioned it! 

The pot/kettle bit was you saying about Nol protecting Mish, when Turin comes straight on today and does the same for you... If you were confused about wether it was Nol or Chuckles how did you know it was time to use the pot/kettle line.

as for Ithi's play, just so you all get this... I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WITH HER BEFORE! ok? So when people are using that as part of a casing *looks at Rand* saying, that she always speaks like that in a game, I don't know, but even if she does, it seemed off to me...my point of view. Interesting. Off generally means out of character. If everyone that has been playing with her are saying that it is typical then how is it out of character?

Now I do find it interesting, that Ithi has laid the ground and others come straight in backing her up and accusing me! Doesn't mean she is mafia, but I bet at least one of those that have tried to make something out of this are. The others idea is plausible. mafia will follow onto someone they think could be an easy lynch

I agree with Talya. 

So. Unvote, Vote Ithi

Your agreement is noted.

UNofficial vote Count

Cloud - 1 ( Mish )

Dap - 1 ( Chuckles )

Mish - 1 (Ithi )

Ithi 2 - (Eddie, Cloud )

Turin - 1 (Nol )

Nolder - 1 ( Arez )

Arez - 1 (Len )

Roo - 1 (Talya)

Maw - 1 ( Ley )

Chuckles - 2 ( Turin, RTE )

Talya - 1 ( Rand )

Not voting  5 ( Roo, Maw, Dice, Snow, Dap )

With 18 alive it is 10 to lynch.

Presently no Deadline

If I have missed anything let me know

Also could the following people clarify if their votes are Joke votes:

Chuckles

Eddie

Lenlo

Talya

Ley

I understand that Len. I was thought I would get confirmation so that no one later tried to wiggle about them. Especially since I went to the trouble to try to get a good VC out.

I liked it pretty well Ed. Finley was pretty funny. Also the herald. The transformation of the witch was pretty wild.

This strikes me as odd... The purpose of a joke vote is, as you said, to ease everyone into the game. But for some reason, you go on saying that joke votes aren't supposed to be joke votes, but should actually be treated like properly researched votes.

That isn't what I said at all. I said I think when people make really random votes they're doing it wrong. I don't mean to imply that the vote should be "researched" or logical but they should be grounded in the game so as to foster discussion. It's just my opinion but I don't think anyone cares whether you vote for someone because you haven't seen them in awhile. You can force discussion out of that if you try like saying well if you haven't seen them in awhile why would you want to vote them off so soon or somesuch but I feel that discussion comes easier if you joke vote people for things they have said or done in the game.

That's not true though. I could vote you for not using words with q in your posts for example. It is tied to the game directly and is obviously silly.

I have to agree with this part.  Noted

>>...

How in the world does picking something so random and dumb lead to to valid discussion in the interest of finding mafia? your pushing this is a blatant attempt to distract the town with foolishness.  

I said all I had to say about the matter. If you disagree that's fine. It's just an opinion.

btw the whole thing with me being distracting makes no sense.

Am I not allowed to play the game? Is anybody? Once someone makes a vote should all attention be on the voter or the votee until day ends?

Additionally there is really no way to know who's town or scum that early in the game unless there was a BIG slip (there wasn't) or unless you have inside information. So treating any action by one person as an intentional "distraction" for another is dishonest.

Of course we are all here to play the game. Part of playing is noting when another player does or says something that doesn't make sense and then trying to extrapolate why they would do that. My opinion is that it would be more likely to have a mafia member use that line of discussions to distract town.

Only mafia KNOW who else is mafia at this point. But part if playing the game is reading actions and words and formulating thoughts about who is mafia.

And now it is time for bed.

Explain 'dishonest'

Unless you're scum you really don't (or didn't, we're 17 pages in now so I hope you have some idea) have any idea whether Mish or myself are mafia so treating my vote as a "distraction tactic" is dishonest. It implies you know more than you should which either makes you mafia or, as I said, dishonest.

Also there's at least a few people who know who is Town and who is Mafia and they would certainly try and use distraction.

Would they though? Or would they let you make a mountain out of a molehill and stay under the radar while two townies pick each other apart?

Scum know how to avoid trouble, town doesn't.

Of course we are all here to play the game. Part of playing is noting when another player does or says something that doesn't make sense and then trying to extrapolate why they would do that. 

And that's exactly what I did minus the extrapolation. I think there is a wrong way and a right way to do joke votes and commented as such.

I don't think people "doing it wrong" are necessarily scum but I also felt it was worthy saying.

I disagree. I think you are both Mafia and nothing you have done since then has made me think otherwise.

Now you try and paint me as dishonest and use the word 'mafia' again about me.

So I still think I'm on the right track.

I am amused by your ideas though. Apparently no-one should vote or call anyone Mafia on Day 1 - unless they are Mafia themselves. I approve of this. From now on only Mafia can vote on D1 - it will make things an awful lot easier.

Archived