DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok obviously all my self voting was to draw attention and reactions. I got some but they were mostly spammy and jokey and I didn't get much of a read off of them. This was the only thing that really stood out to me.

Sorry checking in now (just got home :P) and .... whom should I vote for ... maybe Nolder and see if I'm right this time ....

JUST kidding I wouldn't do that twice ...anyway unvote vote ET

It seems to me like he was hoping I'd draw too much negative attention early and that I would end up burying myself for an easy lynch. This happened recently in another game we were in together so perhaps that is where he got the idea. The second post looks like he thought better of that and didn't want to be linked to me. This guy is scum. Fry'em.

Vote: Niel

I agree. Plus, why would he vote Arez after being called out for his mispelling of EP (seriously, how do you mispell a two letter acronym? :blink:).

Unvote, Vote Niel

Ehhh I thought this vote was lacking in substance. I get that you are agreeing with my case (and if I may say so I thought it was rather good at the time) but it's still worth noting that you didn't really have anything to add.

Unvote Mynd and vote Niel.

At the moment I'm going with my gut feelings, and comments posted by nolder and despo.

Same thing here

I'm actually more worried about this vote than Des's

Des talks a lot and makes big walls of text to read

That will eventually give us a lot to analyze and tell us if he's scum or not

This is just...empty

I also don't like how he agrees with me AND Des even though Des was agreeing with me in the first place, he didn't add anything new really

Opportunistic ---> Niel

Vote Niel

Ditto the last two

I think I'm going to cut this one just a little slack though because Niel was voting him and I understand how that can influence someone into thinking the person attacking them is scum

We'll see how Arez continues to play

I agree with Kathleen, from what I have seen, this is pretty scummy behavior and I think Niel knows that by now.

vote niel

Another lazy vote

unvote

can I vote Neil and Bob?

My mind is wanting to say "Myndrunner!" in the same way that the kids from the magic school bus say "Carlos!" when he makes a lame joke

Although in this case it's more inappropriate than lame

But yeah

Anyway this seems to be another bandwagon vote

Gonna be hard to fish scum out with all this lazy play going on...

Well, he will have a chance to do so now. vote niel

Or maybe he wouldn't have

Did you have to put him at L-1?

Also don't like that you don't provide any reasoning beyond wanting a claim

I dislike how you ignore the hammer. Also, yea i did. We lynch people who we think are probably scum. Don't we?

Maybe its a vig thing? Lightning Bolt always hit like a truck.

So I agree that alot of those votes seem very bandwagony and lazy and they should be looked at closer but Niel was acting very very strange there. At that point trying to explain your vote would just make whoever did so look a parrot because everything about Niels case had already been said by someone else.

BG, Oh king of mods, greatest of them all, whose name people dare not even say, will you tell us what a lightning bolt is? *puppy dog eyes*

On a serious note, not that I don't want BG to answer that, what Lenlo said was true for me, I thought the reasoning was already pretty much self explanatory and I didn't want to just keep repeating the same case.

I agree, the hammer was completely unnecessary. Even tho Niel had just botched his latest attempt at "revealing", nothing said we had to hammer him before asking once again for his role. Pika coulda been a power role, and EP never gave him a chance.

Btw, I never played smash brothers, but imo since it was a game and there was no main character or protagonist, it would seem pretty futile to try and determine who may be power roles based on character. In something like Game of Thrones, where it's pretty obvious which characters might have a major role, I'd agree that keeping characters secret is a good idea, but in this format I don't really see that as being as important. Kirby is just as likely to have a power role as Mario imo

Nice scene there. :)

Agreed, I like it.

Out of curiosity, does this suggest the names of characters that are in the game? (ie. meaning that someone is Meta Knight, Mario, ect.)

I will possibly use any name that is a playable character in Smash Bros. in my scenes whether they are in this game or not.

BG, Oh king of mods, greatest of them all, whose name people dare not even say, will you tell us what a lightning bolt is? *puppy dog eyes*

On a serious note, not that I don't want BG to answer that, what Lenlo said was true for me, I thought the reasoning was already pretty much self explanatory and I didn't want to just keep repeating the same case.

Awww... Sorry. Thanks for the ego boost though!

We have to assume a few things:

1) That the mafia may have been given some reasonable fake-claims, but that those would likely be secondary or tertiary characters in the Nintendo universe.

2) Mario, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong being more likely than Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, or Team Rocket. Smash Bros. has an extensive roster that covers the Nintendo Universe, but it is more likely that key franchise characters are in the game than others.

3) The Mafia would never fake-claim a major franchise character like Pikachu because that character is likely roled to someone else in the game.

There was absolutely no reason to hammer Neil in this case. It goes without saying that Eternal Phoenix is under suspicion; however, I find it highly likely that more than one members of the mafia team are on his lynch. If we start narrowing down from that, I think we can get somewhere.

1) That the mafia may have been given some reasonable fake-claims, but that those would likely be secondary or tertiary characters in the Nintendo universe.

2) Mario, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong being more likely than Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, or Team Rocket. Smash Bros. has an extensive roster that covers the Nintendo Universe, but it is more likely that key franchise characters are in the game than others.

3) The Mafia would never fake-claim a major franchise character like Pikachu because that character is likely roled to someone else in the game.

There was absolutely no reason to hammer Neil in this case. It goes without saying that Eternal Phoenix is under suspicion; however, I find it highly likely that more than one members of the mafia team are on his lynch. If we start narrowing down from that, I think we can get somewhere.

agreed, to an extent. I beleive the intro said something about "characters being turned dark."

Ergo, Pikachu could've been mafia. Mafia doesn't need to fake-claim since there's no "good characters" or "bad characters" (or at least that's my understanding.)

I dislike how you ignore the hammer.

What didn't you like about the hammer?

I put alot of thought into it before hammering him, he had 24 hours atleast from the initial request to reveal where he continued posting. We had less than 24 hours to makle a decission and Niel was hindering our ability to do so, if you arent helping the town then it doesn't matter if your town we don't need you. That may be harsh but people gotta learn they cant just dillydally and expect to last long, my conjecture on roles was there to show you how much I thought about it before hammering I debated whether there was any possible way pikachu could be doc or cop so I hammered him for hindering the town by wasting our time

So EP hammer's Neil after he claims Pikachu......on a weekend....with more than 24 hours to deadline.....without debate........one would call that.....scum?

Mynd is scum, we clearly had less than 24 hours left but thanks for trying to paint me as such.

I agree, the hammer was completely unnecessary. Even tho Niel had just botched his latest attempt at "revealing", nothing said we had to hammer him before asking once again for his role. Pika coulda been a power role, and EP never gave him a chance.

Btw, I never played smash brothers, but imo since it was a game and there was no main character or protagonist, it would seem pretty futile to try and determine who may be power roles based on character. In something like Game of Thrones, where it's pretty obvious which characters might have a major role, I'd agree that keeping characters secret is a good idea, but in this format I don't really see that as being as important. Kirby is just as likely to have a power role as Mario imo

the roles would be pretty obvious for the main town roles it wont be off the wall choices in my opinion but that would be gaming the mod -.0

agreed, to an extent. I beleive the intro said something about "characters being turned dark."

Ergo, Pikachu could've been mafia. Mafia doesn't need to fake-claim since there's no "good characters" or "bad characters" (or at least that's my understanding.)

Specifically, this:

Welcome one and welcome all to a battle of Nintendo's great mascots! Super Smash Bros! I am your host today, Master Hand, and will be calling the shots and play by play of all the action as it unfolds. Your other host for the evening is Mistress Crazy Hand. This is a very special event for us here as normally the Nintendo mascots get along quite pleasantly. For some reason though, they've recently started going crazy and have been fighting each other. Makes for great entertainment for us though, so we're not complaining! What could possibly cause this to happen? Friends and lovers are at odds and former enemies are helping each other! It's madness. Maybe we will find out.

I don't think we can assume alignment just because a character is normally a "good guy". Character claims alone may just not help us much here. If he'd given us his role, at very least we'd have had a chance to consider further (and found out what the heck a Town Lightning Bolt is >.< ).

I do think EP's hammer was a bit premature, there was still time to get an answer on the role/alignment question well before the deadline.

Archived