DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How old are you? What gender?

randsc

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried to get some of my friends interested in WoT, but most (even those that read a lot) seem to think it's a bit daunting to start a series that already has over 10,000 pages to and is not even finished yet. LOL, then they all think I've gone around the bend a bit when I tell them how many times I have read the series (books 1-11 around 20-25 times not including re-reads when new books come out, and book 12 about 8 times so far and ToM twice).

And my favorite character is Hopper, followed by a tie between Elyas Machera, Nynaeve, Perrin and Mat.

Well I never put my favorite characters. My favorite are Aviendha, Moraine, Rand, and Matt.

My least favorites are FAILE (I want her to die a fiery painful death), Perrin, and Gawyn. Though after reading ToM my hate for Perrin and Gawyn have lessened exponentially and really I just still hate Faile the most.

One of my pet theories is that people's reactions to certain characters is, in significant part, a function of those people's ages and gender. I thought it might be interesting to see how the posters here break down.

Me: 43 YO Male. Old, for a forum like this, I would guess. But that's what happens when a series takes more than 2 decades to complete!

So why don't you say who you favor among the characters?

Sure. My favorite characters are Nynaeve and Aviendha. Avi from the beginning, Nynaeve as she has grown.

Like many people, I was very fond of Perrin, then he lost me with his constant whining about Faile. He's better now, but I'm not sure I am entirely ready to forgive him.

Least favorites are Gawyn, who someone on another thread aptly described as the tooliest tool in a box full of tools, and the absolutely awful Egwene.

Oh, I didn't know we had to include faves/least fave characters...

In that case, top 10 faves: Rand, Mat, Perrin, Moiraine, Tam, Thom, Logain, Lanfear, Loial and Taim.

Top 10 least favorites: Cadsuane, Elayne, Gawyn, Egwene, Elaida, Lan, Verin, Nynaeve, Siuan and Galad.

EDIT: in no particular order.

Female, 19. Unlike a lot of people, I've always been a Nynaeve fan and a Perrin hater, and the latter has nothing to do with Faile.

Also like: Lan, Min, Siuan, Logain, Graendal.

Also dislike: Gawyn, Moiraine, Aviendha, Alivia.

22, male.

I can tolerate most characters, used to like Elayne more than I do now. Rand is among my favorites since recent events, Mat too. Nyn is a really fun read these days, ever since CoS actually. Egwene I change on but since KoD I've liked her more than not.

Least favorite is probably Egwene if I'm pressed, but its hardly an all encompassing Egwene hate. Elayne... eh, ah, can't say anything without spoiling but not a fan these days.

Male, 23

Favorite in order: Perrin, Moiraine, Logain, Lan, Thom, Mat (post-Sanderson)

Least favorite in order: Galad, Most Aes Sedai, Rand.

That's right I don't like Rand much.. the only time I like him is when LTT takes over and it's really the Dragon Reborn.. Whiny, misguided Rand Al'Thor bothers me..

Guest Selenette

Greetings!

I'm female, 28.

A REALLY new fan of the series, have been reading the series for several months now, jumping between the books, but have finished ToM (I really wanted to know the latest developments of the story).

My favorite characters are the three ta'veren and Nynaeve. And maybe Moiraine, as well as Thom (this depends on my mood).

I hate Elaida, though I do pity her now (somewhat), and Egwene exasperates me.

Hi...I am 39, female. I really like Padan Fain. Not because I think he'd be a good dinner date, but because I like how Robert Jordan fleshed out his descent into utter madness; HOW Fain was created and what and why he does as he does as a result of his creation is actually quite interesting. I think hes one of the better written characters there, no matter how Golum-y he appears. I also like the chaotic-evil aspect of his character.

29 female

I hate hate hate Tuon.

I'd say i tend to relate to Aviendha the most and Perrin at times.. though hes kinda getting on my nerves at some points.

Rand I liked and then I couldn't stand but hes starting to come around again.

Archived