DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How old are you? What gender?

randsc

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16, male.

My favorite characters are probably Moiraine, Min, Darth-Rand, Nynaeve, Logain, Mat (Pre TGS/ToM), Thom, Lanfear, Tuon and Perrin.

Least favorite characters are something like.. Egwene, Cadsuane, Elayne, Egwene (Double hate for her.) and uhm.. Can't think of anyone else, so I'mm go with Egwene again.

RandSC,

Do you have any conclusions about the readership of WOT from the dataset we have given you? Id be interested in your findings and analysis.

Well, it's not much of a sample size yet. There does seem to be a slight relationship between age and reaction to Nynaeve. Which is not surprising, really, as Nynaeve is the oldest of the major characters. I kinda expected to see more of the younger men naming Mat, but that doesn't seem to have panned out.

Hiya I'm 18 and male

Favorite: Padan Fain, Gaul, Logain, Mat, and Moridin

Least Favorite: Cads, Egwene (books 4-11), and hate to say it but Perrin lately ( not ToM)

I've always just liked Fains' crazy... it just gives me a warm, cozy feeling... O.o

Anyway... I started to dislike egwene because... frankly she started to turn into a bitch.

Got bored. Really bored...

Male - 18 and under: Egwene (2) Early Rand (1) Elayne (1) Nyn (2) “zen” Rand (1) Avi (1) Min (2) Cad (1) Moiraine (2) Siuan (1) Verin (1) Rand (2) Logain (2) Mat (3) Thom (1) Lanfear (1) Tuon (1) Perrin (2) Fain (1) Gaul (1) Moridin (1)

18 - 30: Rand (6) Mat (9) Perrin (5) Nyn (4) Cad (2) Graendal (2) Semi (1) Alviarin (1) Uno (1) Lan (3) Moiraine (3) Logain (1) Thom (1) Egwene (1) Guybon (1) Bashere (1) Ituralde (1) Moridin (1) Gaul (1) Tuon (1)

Over 30: Mat (6) Rand (2) Lan (1) Nyneave later books (3) Min (2) Tam (2) Thom (2) Elyas (1) Nyn (2) Perrin (3) Avi (2) Moiraine (2) Logain (1) Lanfear (1) Loial (1) Taim (1) Cad (1) Moridin (1)

Female - 18 and under: Nyn (4) Egwene (1) Lan (4) Moiraine (5) Siuan (3) Cadsuane (1) Mat (5) Brigitte (1) Thom (2) Min (3) Logain (1) Avi (2) Rand (1)

18 - 30: Nyn (4) Lan (3) Siuan (2) Avi (3) Moiraine (2) Mat (3) Rand (3) Perrin (3) Gaul (1) Birgitte (1) Min (1) Logain (1) Graendal (1) Thom (1)

Over 30: Rand (1) Fain (1)

Dislikes

Male - 18 and under: “mad” Rand (1) Tuon (1) Mat (1) Elaida (1) Egwene (2) Cad (2) Elayne (1)

18 - 30: Cadsuan (1) Egwene (4) Faile (1) Rand (2) Galad (2) Early Nyn (1) Elayne (2) Tuon (1) Taim (1) Elaida (1) Alviarin (1) Perrin (1)

Over 30: Egwene (3) Gawyn (3) Romanda (1) early Nyn (1) Cad (1) Elayne (1) Elaida (2) Lan (1) Nyn (1) Verin (1) Siuan (1) Galad (1) Faile (1) Sevenah (1) Taim (1)

Female - 18 and under: Early Rand (1) Elayne (2) Gawyn (1) Galad (1) Nyn (1) Taim (1) Tuon (1) Faile (1) Perrin (1) Elaida (2) Loial (1) Fain (1) Egwene (1) Sevenah (1)

18 - 30: Faile (1) Perrin (2) Gawyn (3) Egwene (2) Tuon (2) Alivia (1) Moiraine (1) Avi (1) Elaida (1)

Over 30: N/A

Left out some who I thought wouldn't get more than one vote, and I've probably made a few mistakes, but gives you a rough idea.

Male, 17

Favorite Male Character=Mat, just because he is the most unlikely hero ever

Least Favorite Male Character=Masema, because he is just crazy

Favorite Female Character=Egwene, because she as really matured through the sereis

Least Favorite Female Character=Elayne right now because she is always blaming her being pregnant on Rand

Least Favorite Female Character=Elayne right now because she is always blaming her being pregnant on Rand

This one is funny.

On the one hand, as a father I can tell you this: Women do exactly what Elayne is, in real life. So it is very realistic.

On the other hand, it is a bit hypocritical of her. Not only does it, "take two to tango", but Elayne was apparently trying to get pregnant (Min's, "She should have taken the heartleaf tea" comment).

Come to think of it, that comment from Min was a bit silly, wasn't it? She knows her visions always come true. The tea wouldn't have made any difference.

Archived